AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Biggest Pet Peeve When You Join A Room

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 43063

Viewers and models alike, what’s your biggest pet peeve when you join a room? Why do you find whatever it is annoying? I’m just curious. I’ll start. I will automatically switch to a different room if I see a model not talking or doing anything. Basically just playing on his or her phone.

Reactions: dilligaf0
Regulars who are rude to new people, model not saying thank you for tips, and overbearing moderators (i.e. when someone gives the model a compliment, they say "Well, why don't you tip her, then?" right away, or post the "tip" emojis every 2 seconds.)

Models on the phone.

Models on the phone.
Oh man I’m starting to get paranoid. I often add new snap friends and sometimes send a couple of ‘live on cam’ snaps while I’m on MFC. If people are super quick to judge my room when they enter they may think his is a bigger issue than it is. Yikes!

Oh man I’m starting to get paranoid. I often add new snap friends and sometimes send a couple of ‘live on cam’ snaps while I’m on MFC. If people are super quick to judge my room when they enter they may think his is a bigger issue than it is. Yikes!
To me it's more often a ton of phone usage. I send a couple snaps or live for a few minutes but it's mainly of me engaging with the room

I mean talking on the phone or obviously ignoring the room to be on their phone for an extended period of time. When you are adding someone to social media you are still interacting with the room I assume?

Laggy cams and super bad audio. This one might be a bit specific, but in dom themed rooms sometimes I get pms immediately saying "pay me now pig" or something similar without even a hello first, it kinda puts me off :p

• Funny!
Reactions: emahlee
To me it's more often a ton of phone usage. I send a couple snaps or live for a few minutes but it's mainly of me engaging with the room

I don't mind the occasional usage, and I understand that some models run music via phone or whatnot. But, it's when they are on it all the time. I think of it such as being out with someone. Occasional to check messages (I'm on call frequently for work, so I tend to check it those weeks), or similar. But, if you're on it all the time, then it just means you're not that interested or flat out rude.

A model doesn't have to say "Hi" to everyone, nor "Thank you" for every tip. But, if I enter the room with a tip saying hello, it's nice to at least hear a Hello back since I've taken the time to tip and say "Hello". Especially if there isn't a scrolling screen.

You're generally very engaging with those in your room, Annalise. No complaints from me.

Regulars who are rude to new people, model not saying thank you for tips, and overbearing moderators (i.e. when someone gives the model a compliment, they say "Well, why don't you tip her, then?" right away, or post the "tip" emojis every 2 seconds.)

This this and more of this.

Some models need to get firmer with their mods. The mods purpose is to help and look after the model, not drive people away.
Too many models are scared and worried to be firm with them.

There is one room in particular I can think of that i go to: sometimes I tip, sometimes I do not - obviously it depends if I can afford to or not. Regardless of this fact, I am ALWAYS polite, kind, sincere and try make conversations - NONE of her mods make conversations so her room is literally just full of bot notifications. She speaks and types to me and we share a lot of laughs together. She instantly sends me a PM as soon as I go to her room because her *asshole mod* has silenced me a few times just for speaking and joking around with her (nothing rude, offensive or anything of the kind - we call each other "trouble" and play off that slightly).

I even joined her fan club and I apologized saying "unfortunately, this is all I can afford to help support you for now". She appreciated/appreciates it as a gesture and just the fact I am her fan, but the *asshole mod* calls me "just a fan" (like, it's something not relevant - yet surely models need fans, or I am missing something?). In a weird way I honestly think he is jealous of what me and her have (I am not saying we have anything, other than we laugh and talk a lot when I am there).

She has about 4 or 5 moderators, none of which do anything (they literally don't even try talk in free/public chat) except one of them; but then he does TOO much. He does exactly as you mentioned, Vanessa - someone (any colour) says a hello and gives a compliment, and he jumps on them saying "blahblahblah tip her" (he literally says stuff like "blahblah" to insult the member more). Then if they say anything else after he has said that and it doesn't include a tip, they get silenced!!!! She is a fantastic, kind and stunning lady BUT I honestly feel like he drives everyone away.

I know this guy is a good tipper for her (the asshole mod). So, he is also one of those guys that "I can tip, why can't you" - somehow not realizing that not everyone in life can be tipping 100s or thousands a day, every day and in fact 100 per week or month is all most can afford. That guy and similar really get under my skin

ANNNNDDDD breathe... lol

For me, 2 things. The first would be when I see a model typing away like crazy but no text showing in chat. I understand pm's and their function but some seem to be writing novellas and are not "in" the room for that time. The second is overbearing mods/helpers/regulars. I almost left a room the first time I visited it years ago because of a dickhead regular.But I stuck it out, put him on ignore for a while, and have been hanging with her for going on 7 years now. Oddly enough, another model I have followed for 7 years just recently lost me as a customer after telling me how she dislikes me and doesn't respect me and thinks I am a moron because of my political views. Wish she had told me that a long time and many tokens ago lol.

Screaming, especially with already subpar sound quality. Obviously big tips are exciting and a lot of guys love watching us freak out...but there are other ways to express that.

It reminds me of those young women in bars who scream bloody murder when one of their friends show up. I love women, but that is really not our best look.

Probably not good for the microphones either.

To follow up on a few points, I agree that models may sometimes need to be on their phones. Hell, I do this, haha. There's definitely a difference between sharing attention between the chat/viewers and a task on the phone such as changing music or sending a snapchat, and sitting there looking bored, not looking up for a while, and clearly disinterested in things. Just my opinion. :)

My biggest pet peeve is when it is clear that a model is engaging viewers on more than one site...split camming I guess is the term. Hearing the tip sound from another site is and watching the model ignore the users on the site I'm tipping on is rude and a big turn off.

Reactions: NotYou
Screaming, especially with already subpar sound quality. Obviously big tips are exciting and a lot of guys love watching us freak out...but there are other ways to express that.

Probably not good for the microphones either.

Omg, yes! I remember we had a conversation about that on here a little while ago. That screaming sounds absolutely horrible. Sometimes they're not even screaming about big tips either. They'll be screaming at members while ranting or whatever, and it sounds awful. Lol.

My biggest pet peeve is when it is clear that a model is engaging viewers on more than one site...split camming I guess is the term.

A lot of cam girls splitcam. If we were consistently earning the money we need to make on just one site, we probably wouldn't need to splitcam. There are probably models who suck at splitcamming and can't juggle two or more sites at once. But I've seen models who were able to successfully splitcam, being attentive to both rooms. :) No cam girl wants to put in X hours on cam, only to wind up having made chump change for the day. With splitcamming, we are making ourselves available to viewers on two different cam sites simultaneously...rather than relying on earnings from just one site.

Last edited:
A lot of cam girls splitcam. If we were consistently earning the money we need to make on just one site, we probably wouldn't need to splitcam. There are probably models who suck at splitcamming and can't juggle two or more sites at once. But I've seen models who were able to successfully splitcam, being attentive to both rooms. :) No cam girl wants to put in X hours on cam, only to wind up having made chump change for the day. With splitcamming, we are making ourselves available to viewers on two different cam sites simultaneously...rather than relying on earnings from just one site.

When a model can splitcam and maintain it fine, then it's fantastic. I think there are plenty of studio models (and maybe none studio ones) who are on 5 or 6 sites at the same time and they are able to focus perfectly well, respond to everyone in a timely manner etc. But there are sadly MANY who seemingly only appear to be on 2 sites and struggle with that, but not because they find it hard, but they get so engaged into one conversation on one of the sites with either one/multiple members, they somehow forget completely they are being tipped and spoken to elsewhere - I understand maybe they were having o tips, no chats etc on that site so that's WHY they are not so focused on the other site, but they do also need to check back and remember they are on the other site(s).

And I think that's the difference or can be.

I stopped using mods. They get possessive, fast. They're also usually the worst tippers. Any time I see a model being tipped heavy by a mod, I assume she's being tipped with her own tokens. Might work in the short term but kills any loyalty if people figure it out.

Models who have their lovense toy set to spam. I'm talking about the tip menu for the toy is so long, that it fills the whole screen, and it pops up like every 30seconds, so no one can have a real conversation.

Something that just happened now to me, which has happened lots in the past and it's a peeve but not a BIG one, just annoying.
You go into the room and the model is dancing or playing, or something that is keeping her occupied away from the pc/keyboard, yet somehow you get a Private Message saying "hi bb". It's like woah, this model is a witch or something! I know it's just a trainer/manager/admin or someone else in the model's studio doing it for them, for any number of reasons (1 being the fact she is occupied and another being they may be slow at typing and/or their English is bad). I just hate it and feel weird because I have no idea who the person is, what they look like or anything. I went there for the model not the trainer etc lol.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Damn horrible titles and people that obviously are using a fake location.. urgh lol

Status
Not open for further replies.