AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Biggest Pet Peeve When You Join A Room

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only technical issue I can 99% of time feel confident is on the models end is music that is trying to set Guinness level decibel records. I can also admit that while I enjoy my favorite models... I can't say the same for some of the other regulars and so I usually hop off when those guys start to annoy me.

And yes I know I can turn off the chat.

I think the only technical issue I can 99% of time feel confident is on the models end is music that is trying to set Guinness level decibel records. I can also admit that while I enjoy my favorite models... I can't say the same for some of the other regulars and so I usually hop off when those guys start to annoy me.

And yes I know I can turn off the chat.

Not sure about other sites but I know on CB you can click a name and "ignore user" then you won't see any of their messages across the entire site anymore.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MDouble00
people that obviously are using a fake location

A lot of these others I could understand (being on the phone, distracted split camming, etc), but this one. This one I definitely don't.

The phone thing is funny. I use the bluetooth on my phone to play music through a set of speakers, and I'll occasionally need to take a couple of minutes to find a station or playlist on Spotify that I'm in the mood to listen to if I'm not feeling what's currently on. Any time this happens my room count gets significantly higher and all of a sudden everyone wants to talk. I could have been sitting there for 10 minutes trying to get a conversation going with little interaction, but the SECOND I start doing something everyone wants to talk.
It's the same when I get up to pee.

1 - Bad Quality video or Audio
2 - Model Not Interacting at all or not showing face
3 - A model with a slow room - maybe 3-4 Premiums and a high count and high prices. I completely respect they set their own pricing but some pricing seems unrealistic.
4 - Dependence on a tip operated toy is a turn off. If that's just a tool to enhance the show then I'm better with that.
5 - Not having some form of tip menu is a turn off.

Those are what jumps out at me

Reactions: dario80
No audio unless in Private. Is this really an effective incentive?

Surprisingly I think this does work for some models.
I have also seen some have bad quality cam (i mean, change their contrast etc to make it look bad, really bright colours etc) and say they change it to high quality in private.

Oh man I’m starting to get paranoid. I often add new snap friends and sometimes send a couple of ‘live on cam’ snaps while I’m on MFC. If people are super quick to judge my room when they enter they may think his is a bigger issue than it is. Yikes!
I’ve had to switch to Spotify on my phone to save on data and worry people judge me when I’m changing music now. :/

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: SaffronBurke
The phone and split camming distraction is quite annoying, but rude behaviour or those less capable of multi-tasking is common in the end. Distracted people are always easy to leave at that moment and return to later should the mood return or you find no one better as company.

One for when you have a model's attention is responding in the wrong place; a PM when it should be public, or responding in public when not in the room or ninja tipping. Quite annoying when you are chasing one type of interaction to get drawn into another.

people that obviously are using a fake location.. urgh lol

Maybe models should just start putting something slick like “The Internet” or “In Your Dreams” as their location, and leave it at that. Just today someone asked what part of my state I’m in, and I smiled and told him that’s my personal information he does not need to know.

Reactions: Kiki Jane
Viewers coming in immediately asking to pm

Ugh, they are notorious for doing this shit on Chaturbate...way more than they do on MFC. It’ll be members with tokens and all (not tipping), trying to get one-on-one chitchat with you via PM for free...

Maybe models should just start putting something slick like “The Internet” or “In Your Dreams” as their location, and leave it at that. Just today someone asked what part of my state I’m in, and I smiled and told him that’s my personal information he does not need to know.

I say I'm from Risa, the pleasure planet. I even have a sticky note on the wall next to my desk to answer people's question of "where is that" - Why, it's the third planet in the Granicus system, about ninety light years from your Earth.

Viewers and models alike, what’s your biggest pet peeve when you join a room? Why do you find whatever it is annoying? I’m just curious. I’ll start. I will automatically switch to a different room if I see a model not talking or doing anything. Basically just playing on his or her phone.

Ohmibod, lovense, or whatever. I want to interact with the model, not the device.

Damn horrible titles and people that obviously are using a fake location.. urgh lol
why do you need to know where models live?

i agree about the annoying topics though. i see a lot of pretty foreign models with room topics that completely ruin it for me. i get that language barriers are a thing but the over-the-top shit is such a turn off. like "hot sexy girl so wet and HORNY for u,, my #1 fantasy, tips make me SQUIRT W PASSION.. so wild girl...." and then she's just sitting there? hah. or i see some models put "lovense" or "ohmibod" but they don't even have one.

My personal pet peeve is the "hi BB" pm received from a model within 10 secs of entering room .

I generally go to the low populated rooms, I've found some real gems there

I used to get this all the time from models when I logged in without even going into a room. The solution for this is to only accept PMs from friends and bookmarked models. Then, when I find I room I'm interested in, I'll add the model as a bookmark. This way, if she initiates a PM, she can send. If I don't like the room or model, I leave and take her off the bookmark list.

I don't mind the occasional one when I first enter the room. It's more the on initial login, or getting many the duration of being logged in. It's funny though, I've received a few nasty emails from some models as to why I blocked them.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
mine is similar. getting pms from models I've never visted while in another models room. and not seeing them in the rooms chat listings.

One thing that instantly turns me away is disgustingly loud music. So loud that the model has to literally scream in order for her viewers to hear her, thus making the problem worse...I don’t want to have to replace the speakers on my laptop once I’m done viewing lol. Another thing is demanding models. Reminding everyone that there’s no show if there’s no tips is fair....but making 1 or 2 cute faces in an attempt to draw in tips and then straight up calling viewers just about every name in the book for not tipping/not tipping enough is just insane and a huge turn off. Also, when I get a PM from the model along the lines of “hey baby, wanna play?” .5 seconds after entering a room is just not my thing.

One thing that instantly turns me away is disgustingly loud music. ... Another thing is demanding models. Reminding everyone that there’s no show if there’s no tips is fair.... Also, when I get a PM from the model along the lines of “hey baby, wanna play?” .5 seconds after entering a room...

All three of these for sure - even more so with the music when the model -doesn't- speak up over the music and is talking to the room. It's like trying to listen to your seriously drunken friend telling you where he lost your car keys, right near the jukebox.

Also when the model is just sitting there, though I sometimes think her English might be bad or she is just new.

I see a lot of "I will leave if they aren't engaging the room", but what if there are literally no people in the room to talk to in the first place? I often have this issue as a new camgirl. I can chat to myself about my day for an hour or two but when not a single soul responds I'm not really able to keep it going past that. I don't have THAT much going on in my life. So I see people log in and I say hello and ask how they are doing and try to start a conversation but soon as I do they are often gone... I never have more than 5 people, usually at least 3 of which are grays without names. When I do try to talk to someone actually staying for a moment it's rare anyone will respond... SO I chatter to myself to keep things lively as I can and they leave within a couple minutes...

I want to do this... I feel like it's the first thing I've ever really thrown myself into. I've put money into lighting and the best webcam on market and new toys and lingerie and spent my first two weeks doing nothing but research and planning and making videos... but it seems like nothing will work. I expect it takes time to build an audience, but manyvids has issues with me uploading they can't figure out, and the lush I just got won't work, and I'm just ranting now but I feel at wits end...

Biggest pet peeve for me is when I enter a new room and the model doesn't immediately fall in love with me. :joyful:

Have you tried getting her name tattooed on your back so she knows you're truly dedicated and serious?
My back already has like 6 other names. I could always tattoo it on my thigh though!

Status
Not open for further replies.