AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Boycott the Kardashians

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stand that show, but I don't think I'd go as far as actually signing a petition to get them off the air. I'm all for freedom of speech and I think the best way to deal with it is, if u don't like it, then change the channel.

I probably wouldn't, even if I was in a position to do so. lol I mean since they don't interest me in the first place, why should I care what people who ARE interested in them do? Those people who are interested in them probably won't boycott them, since that would be self-defeating, and people like me won't because we don't care.

That leaves people who have a strange, negative interest in them, which I really don't understand.

I like that someone is quoted in that article that she's a "role model". Seriously? The only reason she's famous is because, uh, um, ::looks around:: sorry, I don't know why she's famous. Really, does anyone know why? I had never heard of her before that sex tape, if it's because of that, I have one of those and so do a lot of others on this site, others who are much more good looking, smarter and down to earth.

I never watch their dumb show unless it's the last couple of minutes before The Soup comes on. I will say though that w/o them there would be a few funny skits missing from SNL's history. :mrgreen:

As far as the petition, I'm not sure why people have to sign one, just turn the damn channel, lemmings. If you watch enough tv you know, low ratings=canceled.

They're famous because they're hot, but to my knowledge they're not models, spokespeople or shown any other talent to warrant having their own TV show.

I don't watch the show, but I don't understand why anyone would care enough to try to get it off the air. There is a LOT of stupid TV on the air. No one is being forced to watch their show, so who cares. The people who are so upset over the existence of the Kardashians need to find something better to do with their time.

Were it not for the fact that their baloney sometimes seeps over into what used to be "real news" forums (like network newscasts and daily newspapers) and show up on Google news, I'd never know who they are. I know they have a reality show, but given I've never watched that, what else is there to boycott?

Hmm, guess I must be spearheading this campaign because I've never paid them two licks of attention and don't care diddly for their drama.

The Kardashian's are famous because of their father who was O.J Simpson's friend and attorney.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kardashian
As far as how they made the limelight, I don't have a clue other than they like to slut it up. I have never seen any of the shows couldn't really care much less about any of them.

Yeah, I know their dad was OJ's attorney, but that made him famous, during the trial I never heard their names mentioned at all and that was 15(?) years ago.

I believe their name became known when their dad represented OJ but after the trial and everything died down I dont believe that much was ever heard of them until Kim started dating Ray J and their sex taped was leaked.

Bruce Jenner was famous for winning a gold medal in the 1976(?) Olympics for the decathlon I believe.

As far as how they got to where they are today I have no idea. Im not an avid watcher of the show but have caught a few re-runs here and there. Im not a huge fan or anything but I do find Kim physically attractive.

Kim, Khole and Kourtney also own a retail store called "Dash" that has 3 location I *think* in LA, Miami, and NY which is why they had a couple of spin offs the newest one being "Kim and Kourtney take New York" and then Khole has her own show "Khloe and Lamar" with her hubby Lamar Odom of the Lakers.

Wow I feel like a dork for knowing all this but I enjoy watching E! and you cant watch that station without hearing about them!

Honestly I believe that people just like reality TV, gossip and its like watching a train wreck about to happen. They are not scared to put shit out there and to hear them bicker back and forth can be pretty entertaining. They have that "it" thing right now just like Paris Hilton had several years back but eventually all good things must come to an end.

Kim Kardashian got famous because of her sex tape with Ray J.... :whistle:

Attachments

• kim-kardashen.gif
    kim-kardashen.gif
    372.6 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: Rose
Am I the only one that found it really odd that she kept her top on the whole time?
The only thing I know of them is the sex tape... I watched it... not so impressed with her blowjob technique.

I think I boycotted all shows like this when I cancelled my T.V service over a year ago. :D

I never heard about them until I saw this thread.

Reactions: BrantleyB
ViruSphere said:
They're famous because they're hot, but to my knowledge they're not models, spokespeople or shown any other talent to warrant having their own TV show.

hot? really??? i can't say i think their hot... at all!!! lol.. i mean the one (khloe i think her name is) looks like the old WWE wrestler Chyna in my opinion... and i can't image how much soap kim goes threw a day to to keep that ginormous ass clean... and to be completely fair i don't even know what the 3rd one looks like

the only reason they're famous is because kim had a sex tape released with her banging some 3rd rate rapper... i don't see much difference between them and the idiots on jersey shore because both groups are just teaching teenage girls (Let's be honest that's who their target audience is) that being a self absorbed self centered idiot that can't keep their legs together is cool and pays

but to bottom line it... i haven't watched a single episode of their show so it would be hard to boycott it

Reactions: Rose
:think: :snooty:

Is it possible to boycott something you've never seen or never gave a flying fuck about in the first place?

Didn't think so.

WHO?

I don't own a television... (nor TV license, UK).

p.s disappointed the font size cannot go to 9000...200 is TINY! :p

I think I've watched a couple of episodes back when I had cable from sheer boredom and vague curiosity, but I wasn't really all that impressed.

But I don't really get into TV, which is why I no longer have cable.

It really doesn't effect me at all either way who watches it, though. Children/influential young people have had poor examples of role models for forever now, if it wasn't the Kardashians, it would be something else, so boycotting it for that reason seems silly to me. From these slutty Barbie-like dolls (Bratz, Moxie?) to shows that target teenagers and especially young adults, the Kardashians aren't a new concept and something else will eventually take it's place anyway.

I just heard a country song on the radio and the singer dishes the Kardashians.

Real by James Wesley said:
Five-hundred channels and there ain't much on tonight
Except reality shows about some folk's so-called lives
A pretty girl cries 'cause she don't get a rose
But she'll find love next year on her own show

And they call that real

Song then goes on about talking about what real life really is.

ViruSphere said:
I just heard a country song on the radio and the singer dishes the Kardashians.

Real by James Wesley said:
Five-hundred channels and there ain't much on tonight
Except reality shows about some folk's so-called lives
A pretty girl cries 'cause she don't get a rose
But she'll find love next year on her own show

And they call that real

Song then goes on about talking about what real life really is.

The first time I heard that song on the radio it made me cry pretty badly. It's a very true song.

ETA: I hadn't seen the music video before, but it really makes me miss my old house out in the country and my great-grandparents.

Status
Not open for further replies.