AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

bring back the memories

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really know why I just had this completely random ass memory but I'll roll with it.

I remember when I was still brand new. It was my first week and I'll be damned if I wasn't startled by a pop up thunder storm while on cam! (I don't particularly like thunder storms but don't necessarily hate them either. I just really don't want to be outside when there's a storm lol.) Anyhow, there was a bright flash of lightning and the thunder was really loud. I initially thought it hit something once I got my wits about me and started to calm down. One of my members thought my startle reaction was hilarious. From his point of view maybe it was. He laughed his ass off and tipped me a pretty hefty amount saying he watched my soul leave my body. And yes I jumped so bad I actually fell off the bed! ok maybe it was funny. Several other members said they watched the color insta drain from my face and they thought it was funny too. I got quite a few tips that night although most were much smaller than the first.

Looking back now it's pretty funny. I've been startled awake by thunderstorms but only 3 that I can remember off hand have ever startled me that badly and only one while I was on cam. The second one was off cam and it was 7am I jumped so badly that I fell out of the bed and smacked my head on my night stand and once I checked and saw there was no blood I laughed and thought "I'm glad nobody saw that!" The 3rd one was after I had stopped camming and I watching a horror movie with the guy I was dating at the time and yep another pop up thunder storm and again it was loud. I jumped so bad I actually landed in his lap. He laughed and I was like not a word! I know where you live!! which made him laugh even harder.

ok that's my random ass memory that brought up 2 more that were fairly similar minus the cam 😂.

Ok go ahead and laugh you know you want to!

I love a thunderstorm, but I had a close call a few years back so I no longer go out of my way to watch them from outdoors.

My car was parked in a spot facing a tree, with just a sidewalk in between. During a storm, I had to leave for work. I walked around to my driver’s side door, got in, and before I could start the car, BOOM. Huge flash of light and an explosion-like sound. Lightning struck the tree, maybe 5 seconds after I’d walked in front of it. Just about 6 feet from my front bumper.

It killed the tree (which did not fall, amazingly… they had to cut it down afterward). I was fine, my car was also fine. But yeah, that cured me of any future desire to get closer to a thunder/lightning show.

I love a thunderstorm, but I had a close call a few years back so I no longer go out of my way to watch them from outdoors.

My car was parked in a spot facing a tree, with just a sidewalk in between. During a storm, I had to leave for work. I walked around to my driver’s side door, got in, and before I could start the car, BOOM. Huge flash of light and an explosion-like sound. Lightning struck the tree, maybe 5 seconds after I’d walked in front of it. Just about 6 feet from my front bumper.

It killed the tree (which did not fall, amazingly… they had to cut it down afterward). I was fine, my car was also fine. But yeah, that cured me of any future desire to get closer to a thunder/lightning show.
I've had a couple close calls myself. I was 22 when I thought I was gonna be a bad ass and chase a storm. I tracked it down to the lake (using radar) and watched the storm out of the lake with a friend since I couldn't get any closer. My dog was with me and he started whimpering and whining. I thought he was scared of the thunder... turns out he was trying to warn me. I calmed the dog down and a few seconds later the wind came up off the lake and damn near rolled my friend's car. We were like ok time to go! Before we got to the main road the car was hammered with hail. On the main road HUGE trees were down. The storm knocked out power and people were missing roofs and siding. The national weather service said it wasn't a tornado it was just damaging winds... ummm.... bullshit! I saw the damage and I saw the funnel cloud. That was close call number 1.

close call number 2: I was walking home from the store (didn't have a car at the time) and the there was a flash of lightning so close it made the hair on my arms stand up... That's about as close as I ever want to get. Now I don't mind watching from a window but my storm chasing days are over!! so are my intentionally walking to the store in a thunder storm days!! lol.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Reading your post, I thought about what would I do if I was a viewer, really getting into the show...and the same thing happened to me in my location. My first thought would be..."Damn, I just got struck by the Hand of God. He really IS watching me."..🌩️

I love a good storm, especially when wrapped up in a warm cosy bed with the all the crazy sounds safely outside!

I was walking to a friend’s house once down through a wooded path during a storm with really high winds, rain pelting down and the sky lit up. I suddenly heard a huge crack and grinding noise as a massive tree was felled by the wind and came crashing down - literally the top of the branches landed at my feet on the path. Super scary.

Second time was on a trip to Canada. Massive freak storm that lasted less than five minutes. We were staying in a cottage and had to batten down the hatches pretty quickly. Lost all power and the whole place was violently shaking, the rain seemed horizontal against the windows… Then… suddenly sunshine. When we ventured outside, the cottage next to ours had a pine tree firmly ensconsed into its roof - literally sticking completely upright into the roof of the building. Luckily no one in there at the time.

Nature is cool/scary/cool.

I've survived a tornado and was in the eye of the storm. They say the sound of a freight train barreling down on you is the eerie part. It's not. It's the dead silence in the middle of the eye. I can't describe how silent it is. You don't even hear the wind. All the while roofs are being ripped apart, trees felled, doors blown open, cars overturned or smashed by trees and you don't hear any of it. Thunderstorms don't scare me any more, but I do not recommend going through a tornado to cure a fear like that. ;)

I've survived a tornado and was in the eye of the storm. They say the sound of a freight train barreling down on you is the eerie part. It's not. It's the dead silence in the middle of the eye. I can't describe how silent it is. You don't even hear the wind. All the while roofs are being ripped apart, trees felled, doors blown open, cars overturned or smashed by trees and you don't hear any of it. Thunderstorms don't scare me any more, but I do not recommend going through a tornado to cure a fear like that. ;)
I was in the basement of a house that took a direct hit from a violent tornado. There was nothing but rubble left. I was 3 maybe 4 and I remember bits and pieces.

I was in the basement of a house that took a direct hit from a violent tornado. There was nothing but rubble left. I was 3 maybe 4 and I remember bits and pieces.
I'm glad you're still with us. :) Here's hoping we never see it again.

Tornadoes seem terrifying. Thankful I’ve never been through one.

I have been in the eye of a hurricane before though, and it sounds similar. It was terrible, loud, destructive weather, then it very suddenly gets calm. No wind, no real noise, even a tiny bit of sunshine peeking through. Then just as quickly, the destruction resumes.

I’ve heard stories of people getting badly hurt because they went outside during the eye (maybe assuming the storm had passed, or just trying to get out & back in quickly) and didn’t make it in before the other side of the eyewall passed over.

Reactions: Maxi
Status
Not open for further replies.