AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Burnt out

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2020
www.onlyfans.com
Chaturbate Username
hotindiana25
I first thought I'd google this but then I figured it'd be better to ask you girls here. I've been camming everyday since April with maybe 1 day off. I used to do about 3-4 hours/day but I increased it to 6 hours/day over the last 20 days. Yesterday, for the first time I was so exhausted, I stopped camming and slept the entire day. Today I had a "bad attitude" and told several idiot viewers to piss off while banning them. And to be honest I was really looking to pick a fight with any asshole that would come along. I ended up silencing my moderator (which I feel bad about now) and I feel aghast that today I became a model with a "shitty attitude" and that's totally not who I am.

So what do you do when/if you feel burnt out? I want to just take a break but then I don't want to lose out on my daily income so how do you resolve this?

Best,
Indiana

It's not really my place to comment, but I'll say this: no matter what job you have, you simply can't work like that. Schedule (!) a day off per week so you can get some rest, take care of yourself and zone out. Everybody needs downtime and me-time, and every culture in the world has for very good reasons its own version of "Sunday".

If you don't, well, you know what happens.

Uff you're right. It's just this feeling that every hour I don't cam, I'm not earning

I used to cam a crazy amount for the same reason, hours not online = missed $$. Having videos, fan clubs and other things I can work on when I dont have the energy / the mood required for cam has helped a lot. That way, even when your not on cam you can be actively working towards making offline earnings.

The other benefit of having income that works when you arnt actively on cam, is when you see that you have already made your daily goal before you log in, it takes away so much of the pressure.

I really dont do well with the whole 'time to relax and do nothing' sitting around watching tv, playing games etc gets me pretty anxious so I found the things I like doing and then found a way to link it to the customer base I have from cam to turn what ever I end up doing when I am not online into a new possible income stream, not everything will sell, or sales might be slow, but it's something I was doing because I wasnt camming and for me the idea of possible income is better than the time wasted watching tv.

So if you struggle with the "i have to be online to make cash" I would recommend thinking about what you can do when your not on cam, that's not super stressful, that you can take a "it's done when it's done" approach too that you could turn into income if that would help alleviate the guilt of taking time off cam.

I find that when I'm feeling super burnt out with being on cam (as I have been lately), working on stuff that will earn me passive income is helpful, as Marti said. Film videos to upload that can sell even when you aren't online. Spend time working on fun projects for the next time you're on cam. Invent a game, or create a new tip menu, or post an offline tip deal to encourage tips even when you aren't camming.

It's also important to schedule some breaks for yourself. Camming every single day for long hours isn't sustainable, and I think you know that. You'll make more money if you're well rested, cheerful, and excited to be on cam than when you're feeling burnt out. That's what I have to keep reminding myself when it's my day off, and I'm itching to hop on cam. Relaxation is productive.

I struggle with this as well. I went 19 days last month straight and by day 19 I banned 80 users in 1 day.

Yesterday I slept most of the day and turned off phone, and disconnected from the internet for awhile.

I went online for a few hours last night ,well rested, and had a much better mindset and attitude. Smiled more, laughed more, banned less, and did much better. Instead of loosing followers I gained several hundred.

I also find doing shorter time periods on cam, like a few hours at a time if you can , helps.
Then take a break, and come back for a few more hours.

Working too many hours on cam and for too many days straight is a recipe for burn out. I am quilty of this. And in the long run it likely has cost me.

I really dont do well with the whole 'time to relax and do nothing' sitting around watching tv, playing games etc gets me pretty anxious so I found the things I like doing and then found a way to link it to the customer base I have from cam to turn what ever I end up doing when I am not online into a new possible income stream, not everything will sell, or sales might be slow, but it's something I was doing because I wasnt camming and for me the idea of possible income is better than the time wasted watching tv.

So if you struggle with the "i have to be online to make cash" I would recommend thinking about what you can do when your not on cam, that's not super stressful, that you can take a "it's done when it's done" approach too that you could turn into income if that would help alleviate the guilt of taking time off cam.

Yeah I can't do that either. Today I was feeling all jittery like "I'm usually camming right now but I'm not ". Tomorrow I'll take the day off and work more leisurely on creating offline content ❤️ thanks

It's also important to schedule some breaks for yourself. Camming every single day for long hours isn't sustainable, and I think you know that. You'll make more money if you're well rested, cheerful, and excited to be on cam than when you're feeling burnt out. That's what I have to keep reminding myself when it's my day off, and I'm itching to hop on cam. Relaxation is productive.

You're so right. It gets down to self love, doesn't it? @CheeseMoon said it makes sense logically, more hours, more dough but if I'm feeling stressed about the goal - that always reflects how I get tipped and then lack of tipping keeps annoying me even more so it's a vicious circle.
As opposed to taking a break and coming back refreshed and from a position of strength and strong self love

Reactions: veggiebabyy
I struggle with this as well. I went 19 days last month straight and by day 19 I banned 80 users in 1 day.

Yesterday I slept most of the day and turned off phone, and disconnected from the internet for awhile.

I went online for a few hours last night ,well rested, and had a much better mindset and attitude. Smiled more, laughed more, banned less, and did much better. Instead of loosing followers I gained several hundred.

I also find doing shorter time periods on cam, like a few hours at a time if you can , helps.
Then take a break, and come back for a few more hours.

Working too many hours on cam and for too many days straight is a recipe for burn out. I am quilty of this. And in the long run it likely has cost me.

Sounds exactly like the last couple of days for me. I will take tomorrow off and do non cam related stuff and then if I feel like it, film some offline content.

I also noticed that some of the big rooms do 6-7 hours straight. I mean I don't know how they do it - it's incredible. I do 4 hours, then break for lunch and then 2 hours before dinner - well I added the extra 2 hours since the last 20 days
But thank you! This was very helpful ❤️

It's the typical new model mindfuck - I'm pretty sure we all go through this because the ability to earn is 24/7 and you are a human that needs breaks. I used to be so guilty when I would take days off thinking about the money I was losing - but I started to notice when I hit burnout my income started to crash. I cammed 16 hours a day for 2 years with my only days off being my period each month, and maybe 1 half day a week.... That was 5 years ago and no fucking WAY could I handle that now!!

You WILL get to a point where you realize rest and sanity will help your earnings and learn how to be strategic about the times you are online. I would suggest keeping a spreadsheet on days/ times you work +earnings so you can see a pattern to when your best times are. There is a pattern but each is individual to the model/crowd/site/hustle. Since you are new I recommend trying different shifts over differing hours of the day for a month, just break it up.... One week, mornings mainly, afternoons, evening, etc...

I've been doing this for 5 years and now I know when my "windows" are open and it helps a lot. I run 3, 3 hours shifts each day I am online and I am on mainly private based sites so I can break when I need to without the pressure of killing my room count because I need a breather.. And I've learned to "chill hard" during my breaks to give me energy during my shifts. I eat (not too much though and HEALTHY!) take a short nap 20-30 minutes and drink a coffee. I also don't push it too hard when i start to get run down after an active show. I take 10-15 minutes to chill and relax then back to it.

Days off do everything you can to relax and do things that feed your soul. Dedicate 1 FULL day off a week where camming has NO PLACE and you can totally do you - your regs will understand!!

I am also in my mid-40's so my energy is kinda circling the drain...but that's what works for me :)

Well I got burn out from CB today. Yesterday was a great group of users, and today the complete opposite the whole time. Dead silence. Not fun, not profitable, and just leads to total burn out and exhaustion. Kinda defeats the purpose of a live room when users don’t interact, and that is a lot of what CB attracts.

I would focus more on clips and submit them to all the clip sites like Clips4sal, IWC, Manyvids etc.... They are good for passive income. Also on days off "live caming" maybe sign on sites like CammodelDirectory, Skyprivate and Niteflirt? This way you don't have to sit in free chat, you only work when you have a show and these sites are kind of slow (for me any way) so you have hours and hours in between shows.... just stay signed in all day. Niteflirt is also really good.... you can make money with phone sex without having to go live on cam.

To give a members perspective. A lot of guys looking at cams are not there because they're horny, sometimes they just want to relax a bit from a hard day at work.
Looking at a lively girl who is laughing, talkative, maybe dancing around a bit, for me personally is relaxing. I am more inlclined to tip them more than someone who looks bored, mess with their phone, looks sleepy, etc.

Yesterday I had nothing to do and I went all the way to the bottom of MFC, slowly going up checking out every single model. Well, 90% of them looked bored and skipped directly. Half of those 10% that was left, ignored me even after tipping so was also skipped.
It's not suprising that most of those very few left were at the top of MFC. Not because they have more visibility, but because they know what guys are looking for. Not because they're nude, have a great body, do all kind of sexual stuff, but because of their nice personality.

To give a members perspective. A lot of guys looking at cams are not there because they're horny, sometimes they just want to relax a bit from a hard day at work.
Looking at a lively girl who is laughing, talkative, maybe dancing around a bit, for me personally is relaxing. I am more inlclined to tip them more than someone who looks bored, mess with their phone, looks sleepy, etc.

Yesterday I had nothing to do and I went all the way to the bottom of MFC, slowly going up checking out every single model. Well, 90% of them looked bored and skipped directly. Half of those 10% that was left, ignored me even after tipping so was also skipped.
It's not suprising that most of those very few left were at the top of MFC. Not because they have more visibility, but because they know what guys are looking for. Not because they're nude, have a great body, do all kind of sexual stuff, but because of their nice personality.

I fully understand what you are saying - BUT to give a model's perspective here....

A LOT of models get tired of doing so much for so many (CB/MFC guys in particular- ESPECIALLY these guys!) with no reward. No tips/appreciation and not even a simple "hello" usually. I had 130 guys in my room on CB last night - 10 of them actually spoke to me or tipped over the course of 3 hours. It's hard to maintain a busy/interactive/interesting room when NOBODY is interacting. I have done the tease, dance, flirt for nothing on and off for 5 years... no interaction/no reward, nothing. Most of them actually talked/tipped last night when I was looking my most bored and eating a peach oddly enough...

The models at the top of the front page HAVE ACTIVE AND ENGAGED MEMBERS so it is easier to keep the room flowing! But when you sit for hours (or even dance/tease) for HOURS and very few, if any, out of hundreds of people watching interact with you it is very deflating not to mention BORING..... most models have figured this out.....and some of us have health issues so we can't be jumping around like lunatics for 3-9 hours a day.

I've tried every trick on these goal based token sites to get an interaction from guys and it honestly doesn't work most of the time... I sometimes hold a full conversation with MYSELF even just to try to get people to TALK - I ask engaging/sexual questions of the members, etc. Nobody responds....

Those models that looked bored - DID YOU INTERACT WITH THEM, or did you just drop in for 5-10 seconds, say nothing of interest and leave? Did YOU try to start a conversation BESIDES the typical (hey, hey bb, how are you, what's ur name, where are you from, my dick is hard) bullshit that we hear all day? Did YOU comment on something in the room, her music, her outfit, or ask about interests/hobbies? Were YOU engaging? Remember we cannot see you so all we have to go off of is your username which more often than not can be hard to get a conversation started with...

There are 2 sides to every coin....

Those models that looked bored - DID YOU INTERACT WITH THEM, or did you just drop in for 5-10 seconds, say nothing of interest and leave? Did YOU try to start a conversation BESIDES the typical (hey, hey bb, how are you, what's ur name, where are you from, my dick is hard) bullshit that we hear all day? Did YOU comment on something in the room, her music, her outfit, or ask about interests/hobbies? Were YOU engaging? Remember we cannot see you so all we have to go off of is your username which more often than not can be hard to get a conversation started with...

Ah this is gold!

I can definitely appreciate this side of it. I didn’t always think about it at first. Over time, the models I talk to the most have said things that kind of opened my eyes to their POV.

I don’t turn my cam on, but otherwise, I communicate pretty well (not one of the “hey bb” guys). After they got to know me a bit, a couple of the models mentioned the “you see me but I don’t see you” thing. It finally occurred to me that to them, I’m just a few purple letters strung together and some basic bio info. If that’s my choice, then it’s kind of on me to give them more to work with, if I expect lively back and forth.

Exactly what @CatSmith said!

I've been told countless times that I have an entertaining and unique room, and that I actually seem like I want to be there, as opposed to all of the bored/sleepy girls. That's because, when people are interacting with me, I do want to be there! When I have people around who are willing to talk and tip, we have plenty of fun and wacky discussions, and I have a plethora of fun things to do. There have been countless days where my room is energetic, active, and fun, just like a top model's room.

But then there are days where no amount of dancing around, teasing, talking, asking questions, and prodding at the people staring at me seems to do anything. Everyone is dead set on just sitting there. It's impossible to be as entertaining on those days as it is on the busy days because no one is giving me anything to work with. Throw me a few tokens for a wheel spin on those days, and I will make it the most entertaining, sexiest wheel spin you've ever seen. It's really hard to be anything but bored and sleepy when I've spent three hours online and the only conversation I've had is from some freeloader who wants to be cucked.

The only way for you to see the entertaining and unique room that I have is to do you part (i.e. tip/talk) so that I can put on a show.

I fully understand what you are saying - BUT to give a model's perspective here....

A LOT of models get tired of doing so much for so many (CB/MFC guys in particular- ESPECIALLY these guys!) with no reward. No tips/appreciation and not even a simple "hello" usually. I had 130 guys in my room on CB last night - 10 of them actually spoke to me or tipped over the course of 3 hours. It's hard to maintain a busy/interactive/interesting room when NOBODY is interacting. I have done the tease, dance, flirt for nothing on and off for 5 years... no interaction/no reward, nothing. Most of them actually talked/tipped last night when I was looking my most bored and eating a peach oddly enough...

The models at the top of the front page HAVE ACTIVE AND ENGAGED MEMBERS so it is easier to keep the room flowing! But when you sit for hours (or even dance/tease) for HOURS and very few, if any, out of hundreds of people watching interact with you it is very deflating not to mention BORING..... most models have figured this out.....and some of us have health issues so we can't be jumping around like lunatics for 3-9 hours a day.

I've tried every trick on these goal based token sites to get an interaction from guys and it honestly doesn't work most of the time... I sometimes hold a full conversation with MYSELF even just to try to get people to TALK - I ask engaging/sexual questions of the members, etc. Nobody responds....

Well said. I think I am one of the most talkative and engaging models on CB. I love interacting and I have a lot of personality. However, when you get zero back from your audience, you are bored as f*ck, frustrated, and think watching paint dry would be more exciting. Yesterday so many of the same users came back (I recognize the same names over and over) and they do the same thing they always do—-NOTHING, SAY NOTHING, DO NOT TIP. Again, I have personality! And I think most users that come into my room have none! You can only go so long on live cam smiling , singing, being silly, and trying to chat with users——without getting any response or tips before you say f*ck it. Believe me, it is boring when nobody interacts. Guys might want to sit back and “lurk and jerk”, but why come to a live cam room to do it? The magic happens thru the interaction, otherwise you could watch a porn video.

The only way for you to see the entertaining and unique room that I have is to do you part (i.e. tip/talk) so that I can put on a show.

Yesterday During my rage I had a guy come in and tip 4 toKen's. I said a polite thank you but the room was silent. This jackoff says "give us a reason to tip" and I was like "why don't you fuck off to another room?"
Then he goes"lol u boring"
And then I say " you're getting banned. I don't need your 4 fucking tokens" as I banned him. Well suffice to sayI ended the show after that - well, after banning my moderator in a rage too. Haha at least he took it on the chin

I can definitely appreciate this side of it. I didn’t always think about it at first. Over time, the models I talk to the most have said things that kind of opened my eyes to their POV.

I don’t turn my cam on, but otherwise, I communicate pretty well (not one of the “hey bb” guys). After they got to know me a bit, a couple of the models mentioned the “you see me but I don’t see you” thing. It finally occurred to me that to them, I’m just a few purple letters strung together and some basic bio info. If that’s my choice, then it’s kind of on me to give them more to work with, if I expect lively back and forth.
Exactly what @CatSmith said!

I've been told countless times that I have an entertaining and unique room, and that I actually seem like I want to be there, as opposed to all of the bored/sleepy girls. That's because, when people are interacting with me, I do want to be there! When I have people around who are willing to talk and tip, we have plenty of fun and wacky discussions, and I have a plethora of fun things to do. There have been countless days where my room is energetic, active, and fun, just like a top model's room.

But then there are days where no amount of dancing around, teasing, talking, asking questions, and prodding at the people staring at me seems to do anything. Everyone is dead set on just sitting there. It's impossible to be as entertaining on those days as it is on the busy days because no one is giving me anything to work with. Throw me a few tokens for a wheel spin on those days, and I will make it the most entertaining, sexiest wheel spin you've ever seen. It's really hard to be anything but bored and sleepy when I've spent three hours online and the only conversation I've had is from some freeloader who wants to be cucked.

yes, yes yes!!! Users on cam sites do YOUR part. I feel the same. My face lights up and I get excited again when a user comes in and does anything other than just “lurk”. A simple hi, how are you. Or “you look nice today”. A few small token tips. Something, anything. Models want to have fun, none of us are there just to sit and be bored. However, users absolutely need to give us something to work with. Because I too believe, that on some days no matter what you do it doesn’t make a difference. And then I also get the ones who come in for the sole purpose of insulting me. Had 5 do it yesterday—-nothing positive, just insults. I user I reported to CB and they banned his room. One immature sole posted how with my hair style no one would want to tip me. I mean the level of immaturity is threw the roof sometimes. And I am so over the “hey BB—pm me”, and the 1 token tips without requests attached to them.. I don’t do anything for a nickel—-again insulting and rude.

Yesterday During my rage I had a guy come in and tip 4 toKen's. I said a polite thank you but the room was silent. This jackoff says "give us a reason to tip" and I was like "why don't you fuck off to another room?"
And then I say " you're getting banned. I don't need your 4 fucking tokens" as I banned him. Well suffice to sayI ended the show after that - well, after banning my moderator in a rage too. Haha at least he took it on the chin
Guys on CB say that all the time. “Give us a reason to tip”. All jerks! And usually the ones not tipping or tipping a few nickels. They are cheap, and just want you do it for free, or for very little. Also, the ones who will tip 1 token at a time with requests—-had a guy yesterday tip 5 tokens twice, then said he was unfollowing me, as I did not appear happy. Like ok, no big loss!

He is the one thats boring, trust me. Users try to tell me that too. I am far from boring WHEN I have active users, aka the ones that actually tip for something fun or are active in the chat( and by active I mean not being disrespecftul)

• Hugs
Reactions: squirtalot

All models would be like that if they had viewershipas big as those top models and they wouldn't look bored but they would be happy too and give more.But to u derstand that you would have to be highly intelligent

I have no doubt that it's hard to keep a room entertained, and more so to get one going when it seems no one wants to interact. I think there's a lot of luck in terms of the right member(s) finding a model's room that meets their personality, and keep them coming back.

In regards to models that look bored, I interact with them the same way I do models I've known for a while. Most times, I'll do a small "hello tip". I've had mixed reactions to this. Sometimes it leads to a conversation, other times they don't see or acknowledge it. I don't take offense to if they don't, not the end of the world and I don't expect them to acknowledge every tip. If there's no response, I'll usually hang around for a little while and see if they respond. if not, I leave. If they do, I'm more than happy to stick around and interact with them for a little while. I also will tip randomly/periodically so as to let her know I appreciate her time as well as know it's not a free service. Topics of conversation can be anything you mentioned. I'm a little odd in that the room, or setting, piques my interest so I'm more than likely to comment on things or ask questions.

As to burnout, it happens in many jobs and is never a good thing. I've been self-employed before, and fell into the trap of "If I'm not working, I'm not making money" situation. I'm one who tends to plow through down times, knowing something good will happen eventually. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If it helps, find some activities one can do in downtime to reduce stress and take your mind off of things. Working out is a good one for me. I've found that the physical stress reduces the mental stress. It also adds to mental focus. I have a few other hobbies that are similar in effect.

Reactions: JustMilfnAround

Ugh I hate that! And I can attest the "give us a reason to tip" guys are at strip clubs too! Dancing around or stripping right in free/public chat for what amounts to a handful of pennies is so insulting. Like I'm grateful for any tips of course, and yeah this job is a performance, but the attitude that devalues the work so badly that you should be grateful for $1 is so awful.

Reactions: mike_aussie
I really appreciate this post. I came here tonight specifically looking for solidarity in burn out, and I am so FUCKING GLAD I'm not alone in having these rage filled moments where everyone gets served a hot plate of shame with a side of go fuck themselves.

I really love camming, i enjoy being online but also have burnout from time to time. Now I work less often for certain reasons, but there was a time when I was online almost every day and for 10 hours! It was hard, but I was excited to raise the rating and promote the account. If I feel that I’m starting to burn out, I take a couple of days to rest, entertain me with shopping as a reward for my good work, buy beautiful underwear in which it’s nice to come back to the camera and brag, tease and earn more. When I run out of energy, I go out for a walk in nature, especially before going online - a good walk gives a great mood.
To regain inspiration, I can take a walk around the site to see my favorite models. Sometimes it happened that I start to feel tired and even irritated - then I go into the room of some model and see her radiant and active, looking at her, you also start to smile and there is a desire to go back online and continue.
Observing others can provide new inspiration and new ideas.
Set a goal for the month and a promise to reward yourself at the end - for example, arrange a spa for yourself or buy yourself something you've long dreamed of.
And it also helps me get a naughty mood and a desire to return online - the films of Tinto Brass. I love this director, his short film "Metro" is my favorite!
However, whatever you do, rest is essential; the better you rest. - the better you work. Members need energy - and it needs to be replenished to be able to share it.

Reactions: mike_aussie
Status
Not open for further replies.