AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Calling all multistreamers!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

SensualJade

Cam Model
Nov 8, 2021
What is your upload speed if you split cam on at least three different sites and how much do you pay a month for internet?
I’m shopping around because no one decided to tell me how laggy my stream was and an Ethernet cable isn’t doing it anymore. I even bought a wifi extender. It isn’t doing shit so I’m going to return that. I just learned on Reddit that we need 5-10 mbps UPLOAD speed PER SITE.🤦🏻‍♀️

If anyone has any tips or success stories because I feel like I’ve exhausted my resources. I still don’t regret leaving streamate, in fact I still make decent amounts with lagging and a bad day still gives me around 100$ so there’s that. But Jesus Christ I’m getting sick of this technical background problem solving work holy shit.

Get fiber internet if you can.

What is your upload speed if you split cam on at least three different sites and how much do you pay a month for internet?
I’m shopping around because no one decided to tell me how laggy my stream was and an Ethernet cable isn’t doing it anymore. I even bought a wifi extender. It isn’t doing shit so I’m going to return that. I just learned on Reddit that we need 5-10 mbps UPLOAD speed PER SITE.🤦🏻‍♀️

If anyone has any tips or success stories because I feel like I’ve exhausted my resources. I still don’t regret leaving streamate, in fact I still make decent amounts with lagging and a bad day still gives me around 100$ so there’s that. But Jesus Christ I’m getting sick of this technical background problem solving work holy shit.
I'm outside the US but I'm on 500mb up, and tbh that's overkill for what I need but it's also the lowest package available from the ISP. 5-10 per site is probably in the ballpark of where you want to be (you can go lower or higher depending on resolutions, higher res needs more bandwidth per site). You can reduce the amount of bandwidth you need by using re-stream services (like shine browser) if you stream to CB,MFC,SC for example, rather than having to send the video feed to each site you would send a single feed to shine's server who then streams it out to the different sites so your connection is only responsible for a single broadcast (there are other re-stream services too..I just dont remember what any of them are called and most of them have a monthly fee).

Anything over 100 unless you are streaming to a ton of sites will more than likely be a bit more than what you need.

Just for threads sake, what is your upload speed and what method are you using to multistream? I ask because you said no one decided to tell you how laggy your stream was, generally when you reach upload cap you'll experience severe latency and you'll get some sort of notification or indicator on the site that your lagging but you might not get that at all if its an encoding issue.

Edit: currencly my favorite speed test: https://speed.cloudflare.com/

Get fiber internet if you can.
Seconding this, I had issues until I had fiber.

I have no clue what my current bandwidth for upload is, it varies.
Before Fiber I paid more for internet, and was lucky to have 10 upload total.
And I constantly got kicked from SM and MFC, even when not multistreaming.
Now I usually have upload numbers in the 50-200 range. I can measure exactly later, when I get on, and update in this thread. I can comfortably stream 3 sites at once.
With an old Gamer PC, which is not top of the line as far as Gamer PCs go. The whole PC set up was only about $800 (in 2019), which is cheap for a Gamer PC.
Upload is usually 50 -100
Download is usually 200-500 although according to the plan it should be higher, but it does vary. I hardwire in, my wifi has issues. Probably the router.

Last edited:
I'm outside the US but I'm on 500mb up, and tbh that's overkill for what I need but it's also the lowest package available from the ISP. 5-10 per site is probably in the ballpark of where you want to be (you can go lower or higher depending on resolutions, higher res needs more bandwidth per site). You can reduce the amount of bandwidth you need by using re-stream services (like shine browser) if you stream to CB,MFC,SC for example, rather than having to send the video feed to each site you would send a single feed to shine's server who then streams it out to the different sites so your connection is only responsible for a single broadcast (there are other re-stream services too..I just dont remember what any of them are called and most of them have a monthly fee).

Anything over 100 unless you are streaming to a ton of sites will more than likely be a bit more than what you need.
I had no clue about shine! Thank you!!!!

Reactions: AussieCosplay
Just for threads sake, what is your upload speed and what method are you using to multistream? I ask because you said no one decided to tell you how laggy your stream was, generally when you reach upload cap you'll experience severe latency and you'll get some sort of notification or indicator on the site that your lagging but you might not get that at all if its an encoding issue.

Edit: currencly my favorite speed test: https://speed.cloudflare.com/
Mine is 105 Mbps and upload speed is 10.9 and I’m using streamaster.
I thought that was good, but little did I know it’s only considered good for one site. What’s a single girl to do when she doesn’t have a partner to support her and going from 79$ a month to potentially over 100$ is anxiety inducing if I do decide to switch…

I also didn’t get any notification…I would mainly get disconnected from chaturbate. Stripchat seemed to have the best connection, so of course I’d assume it’s the site..

Mine is 105 Mbps and upload speed is 10.9
I thought that was good, but little did I know it’s only considered good for one site. What’s a single girl to do when she doesn’t have a partner to support her and going from 79$ a month to potentially over 100$ is anxiety inducing if I do decide to switch…

I also didn’t get any notification…I would mainly get disconnected from chaturbate. Stripchat seemed to have the best connection, so of course I’d assume it’s the site..

You can do both stripchat and CB, assuming 30fps 1080p CB is 5k bitrate and strip is 3k bitrate or less. What do you have your bitrates set to?

Reactions: SensualJade
I have fairly good broadband speed for the area and region but it's only 10 up, 30 down. Fibre to door is on it's way apparently then I may see an increase.

Just to update you all, i'm using the shine browser thanks to @KingMarti and it's working great so far for three sites. My internet is now doing the work of just livestreaming from one site.
Looks like I will try to! I have never installed it because when i was trying, every antivirus was warning me hard. But you are another person who is recomending it so I will fuck antivirus and will be happy with shine browser. Do you have trustful link to install it?

Reactions: SensualJade
Looks like I will try to! I have never installed it because when i was trying, every antivirus was warning me hard. But you are another person who is recomending it so I will fuck antivirus and will be happy with shine browser. Do you have trustful link to install it?

Mine is 105 Mbps and upload speed is 10.9 and I’m using streamaster.

10 up is definitely not enough for high res streaming.

Using obs you can also lower your bitrate, resolution, and fps.

Another option if you can't get any faster internet where you are would be to get a second line put in and stream half on each.

I find wifi unreliable for streaming so have a big long cable from one end of the house to the other (one day I'll get a port installed in the cam room).
For Ethernet you want to make sure the cable is a cat 5 or 6 and we'll made, otherwise it won't last as well or work as well.

I was recently able to get fibre internet but in Australia our fastest home Internet is 1000 down 50 up (which I'm now on).

Businesses can get 1000/1000 but it costs an eye and a leg.

Another option if you can't get any faster internet where you are would be to get a second line put in and stream half on each.

I find wifi unreliable for streaming so have a big long cable from one end of the house to the other (one day I'll get a port installed in the cam room).
For Ethernet you want to make sure the cable is a cat 5 or 6 and we'll made, otherwise it won't last as well or work as well.

I was recently able to get fibre internet but in Australia our fastest home Internet is 1000 down 50 up (which I'm now on).

I'm going to plug these things till the day I die, they are so useful.

Ethernet without the need to run a cable from one end of the house to the other.

I'm going to plug these things till the day I die, they are so useful.

Ethernet without the need to run a cable from one end of the house to the other.
Would you say it's more stable than an eero6+ mesh? Because that's what I currently have in the front of the house but need to get a second one to reach the back.

Would you say it's more stable than an eero6+ mesh? Because that's what I currently have in the front of the house but need to get a second one to reach the back.
I couldnt say since I havnt used eero6+ mesh.
But the powerline adaptors should give you the same stability and speed as being plugged directly into the router, so maybe it would be more stable since there's no wireless. I would say if you have somewhere (or use amazon) that has a good return policy it would probably be worth grabbing a set, trying them out and if they arnt preforming as well then return them. I do know they can have issues where you are crossing multiple circuits, I never had an issue, but I was in the uk when I used them and wiring standards differ from country to country.

Reactions: AussieCosplay
I couldnt say since I havnt used eero6+ mesh.
But the powerline adaptors should give you the same stability and speed as being plugged directly into the router, so maybe it would be more stable since there's no wireless. I would say if you have somewhere (or use amazon) that has a good return policy it would probably be worth grabbing a set, trying them out and if they arnt preforming as well then return them. I do know they can have issues where you are crossing multiple circuits, I never had an issue, but I was in the uk when I used them and wiring standards differ from country to country.
Aussie standards are similar to UK, we use 240v with an earth.

I stopped using eero a while back not because it's not a great product but because they gave me no control over updates and they thought it was acceptable to decide when it was going to take down the network for an update.
I have an eero because it was included in my new Internet plan...clearly Amazon have deals with ISPs because then you need to buy at least one more device to cover even a small house.
It is very fast, just doesn't reach far.

I have a cat 8 and that was still unreliable but maybe it’s just the USB port I don’t know.

I stopped using eero a while back not because it's not a great product but because they gave me no control over updates and they thought it was acceptable to decide when it was going to take down the network for an update.
When we talk about internet, maybe you will know or anyone? Last week i changed my internet for a bit faster with upload ,before was up to 40 now is up to 60 and it works because i have almost max upload speed but i noticed that ping is way bigger ,around 40 and before was way smaller. is there a way to lower it somehow? Im not sure but i think that ping also matters in our stream quality

Would you say it’s more of a powerful connection to have one of these rather than plugging in your Ethernet cable into your router and laptop? What’s the difference?
it should be the same as plugging in directly with a cable. they are for when you need an Ethernet connection but are not near a router so rather than running a big ass cable you can use the copper wiring already in your house

around 40 and before was way smaller. is there a way to lower it somehow? Im not sure but i think that ping also matters in our stream quality
Ping matters very little in streaming, you don't have to be concerned about a 40ms increase, more than likely it's just the server you are pinging and not something on your end.