AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Calling attention to big tippers/big days: pros and cons?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 21, 2020
One thing I see pretty frequently is models calling attention to their big tippers outside of the show setting.

Sometimes it’s as simple as a leaderboard on their profile page listing the best tippers. But I also see models share screenshots on Twitter and Instagram of the username that gave them a huge tip with an “OMG thanks so much!” or similar message. Many models have photo galleries on their profiles that include screenshots of big tip totals including the usernames responsible (some will black out the names but many do not). I’ve seen models display the name of their all-time king tippers within the room itself, as part of the background.

I know this comes from a good place most of the time - a desire to show appreciation to the tipper. But I can honestly see pros and cons to this, and I’m on the fence about whether it helps or hurts. So... models, does this work? And members, do you like it, dislike it, or are you indifferent to it?

From my POV, some “Pros”:
- Big tippers feel appreciated and noticed
- Reinforces to social media followers and profile visitors that the model works for tips, even if on a “free” platform
- Might motivate someone to tip (or tip more) if appearing on such posts/lists would make them feel good
- It’s a good way for the model to promote their success

Possible “Cons:”
- Many big tippers don’t want the extra attention (they start getting solicited by other models, etc)
- Usernames listed on profiles can show up in Google searches (I’ve searched my own username in the past and seen model profile pages in the results because they had listed me in their profiles as a tipper)
- From the model’s standpoint, you’re kind of telling all other models which users are the most lucrative for you
- You might be setting an implied “bar” for the level of tips you expect, unknowingly discouraging tippers who are on a tighter budget

Thoughts?

I also had a list of my top tippers on my profile.After a while I didn't do that anymore, because especially in these times,i don't want to give men with lower budgets the feeling “hey if you tip me less than XYZ, you are not that important to me”.

I also know a lot of models who post their big tips everywhere(with usernames visible), i somehow don't like this „trend“. I think many good supporters don't even want to appear on such a list. Good tippers come and go and for me it's mostly the small tippers, that come in my room.

I didn't care if I showed other models which customer tipped a lot. Men go and tip in rooms where they like it, i don't think that as a model you have much influence on it. The customer XYZ can give one model 10,000 tokens in one session and the next „only“ 1,000.

Unfortunately there are also a lot of „whale“ customers (we know the horror stories) who get very jealous and who think that because they are a „1#“ on a list,that they have now bought my full attention every time they come into my room. I want to prevent that right away.

Last edited:
I like big tippers lists but in the sense that its like: Users that have tipped over X tokens. (Edit: I mean like "Users that have tipped over 2000 tokens" for example rather than a specific amount)

Listing the amount I believe has a negative impact, sure someone one day might top mr #1 who tipped 20k tokens but how many people didn't do a big tip because they felt like it wouldn't be significant enough. For example maybe its the models birthday and a viewer has saved up some money to tip 4k tokens which the viewer considers to be a really big tip in hopes of making the models day, he won't feel like it's as significant a tip if the bio has big tipper 40k tokens.

(Edit2: 🤔 on the other hand the list should really be maintained, it can cause issues if its not updated or if you decide to get rid of it one day.)

I also had a list of my top tippers on my profile.After a while I didn't do that anymore, because especially in these times,i don't want to give men with lower budgets the feeling “hey if you tip me less than XYZ, you are not that important to me”.

I also know a lot of models who post their big tips everywhere(with usernames visible), i somehow don't like this „trend“. I think many good supporters don't even want to appear on such a list. Good tippers come and go and for me it's mostly the small tippers, that come in my room.

I didn't care if I showed other models which customer tipped a lot. Men go and tip in rooms where they like it, i don't think that as a model you have much influence on it. The customer XYZ can give one model 10,000 tokens in one session and the next „only“ 1,000.

Unfortunately there are also a lot of „whale“ customers (we know the horror stories) who get very jealous and who think that because they are a „1#“ on a list,that they have now bought my full attention every time they come into my room. I want to prevent that right away.

Agree with all of this, and these are the reasons I also don't have a list! I don't want anyone thinking their small tips don't matter, and I definitely don't want anyone thinking they deserve VIP treatment. But another huge reason I don't list my top tippers is because I mostly cam as my femdom/findom persona now, and quite a few of the findom men get off on the idea that I am draining millions of tokens out of men every single night. If they were to see that my actual top tips weren't enough to say, buy me a condo, it would kill the fantasy for them.

This has been on my mind lately, so I'm glad you created this thread.

I realize that there are some members who don't really care about getting recognition for their big tips...or even prefer that you don't post it a a screenshot. Especially since some of these guys have models hitting them up via PM the moment they get online (That must be annoying). And sometimes there are models who will go in other models' rooms to try to "steal" her tippers (I've only witnessed this in my room once or twice ever), which is just shitty and pathetic. I guess it's a good idea to state that if a member doesn't want his name mentioned, to let me know. Or I can ask them privately.

I've also been going back and forth in mind about the whole 'Highest tipper of the month' thing, and if I should start doing that again or not. The guy who won that for the month of January didn't bother to redeem his prize, and he probably would've tipped me that amount regardless...whether there was a "Highest tip" incentive or not. So sometimes I feel like I'm just wasting my time and energy coming up with these "Highest tip" incentives.

Models usually go by the highest SINGLE tip (Let's say it's a 2,000 token tip), but a different member who tips you in smaller increments may have actually given you more than 2,000 tokens that month...so HE would really be your "biggest tipper of the month." Also, if it's "highest spender of the month," (instead of highest/biggest tipper) are you counting private show tokens into that too then? A model I'm friends with on Twitter has a Hero of the Month thing, and I believe she's counting their private show spending too. Some of these sites don't even have a good way for you to tally up what so and so has spent. You'd have to have a notepad, and jot down every time someone tips you. And if it's a lot of 1-token tips, you'll just drive yourself crazy trying to tally up that shit. Lol.

I'm always putting in my room topic that "ALL tips are appreciated," because I don't want people thinking that their single digit tips aren't good enough. I do like cbhours' idea of the "Users that have tipped over ______ tokens" list though. :)

I do have a fan sign-ish idea that would involve these cute star-shaped paper cutouts from Walmart. Write their name on it, and maybe have one star attached to each butt cheek. :giggle:

Wow, I... am impressed by the OP.

There really ARE some thought-worthy cons there.

Yet with Chaturbate being what it is, the BIG TIPPERS are the ones who butter your bread... and to acknowledge them long-term is probably more sensible than not.

The seeming 'randomness' which causes ONE random tipper to find and keep returning to ONE random model, cannot be fully explained on a forum such as this one (even IF it could be explained in real life)... but that element to webcamming merits much more WEIGHT (when all things are considered) than we likely believe.

If a model were on stage at a large concert hall, in front of 4500 people who each paid $10 to be there... then it would be more sensible to treat all audience members equally.

But I recall having read years ago that about "1 in 300" viewers spend money on webcam sites... and that is back when most others didn't use the Chaturbate business model (where SO many watch for free, and then you just bank/pray that somebody is going to step-up and pay from that crowd) (if you draw millions of viewers, and only 1-in-300 pays, you still have a chance at doing very, very well... BUT that also suggests paying LOTS of attention to BIG tippers)

Reactions: InannahQoH
i do not like big tippers list , i consider every token is important , and do not want my 1 token tip guys that come every single day i am online and show me their love , and tip how much they can acording to their budget to feel like they do not represent anything to me . I love them all small and big so i will not make a list ever !

I do have tip leaders of the day in the room ... but thats diffrent .

Reactions: Dannyhomebody
I just noticed my favorite model removed her big tippers list. And I'm glad she did. Many on that list haven't been in her room for a year. I think I'm a good tipper, having tipped her tens of thousands of tokens but only in a few hundred a day so never made it to that page.
Call it jelousy or whatnot, but it didn't feel right. I could've not visit for a few weeks and saved it up for one big tip, but I don't think both me and the model would benefit from that.

A daily high-tipper however, would be good. Gives the room some competition and it usually isn't about big numbers then.

Pseudo Big Tipper Here. (I transfer over and use a bitcoin every 1.5-2 weeks)
Just my perspective and how I've had to go about things in Chaturbate.

I have 3-4 accounts, with one being my main one being a gray account. I use the other 2-3 as my tipping accounts and usually retire 1 every couple of months and create a new one. I believe some other person mentioned it, but yes other models PM you on that account and try to sweet talk you, especially when you're dropping 10,000+ tokens. The models that do know me chat with me on my gray account, and they also understand my request for discretion. ALWAYS ask before you do shoutouts of your large tippers, especially on social media. I've had to delete and restart new social media accounts due to this problem. One model blasted the image of the tip with my username on twitter and instagram, and you could probably understand what happened after.

Thank God for Bitcoin, and if you don't know how to send or receive it, I'd recommend you do. The Chaturbate spending limit was a total waste of my time, so I used Bitcoin the instant it became available to use. This also helped when one of my tipping accounts got hacked into and the remaining tokens (around 20,000) was "spent." CB was able to get them back for me after looking at the login IPs and I had no personal information in that account because I was using bitcoins. The unfortunately part that ensued was that a studio was involved with this and I believe all of their models lost their accounts. Why do I recommend you learn how to use bitcoin? Because if one of my main models needs help with an expense, I'm not going to pay a premium on tokens to help you pay for your car or your rent. What I tip on CB is so that you can continue doing what you do there.

Now as the others are talking about notoriety or being known. No, I dont care about being known by all of CB that I just tipped a large amount, which made me appreciate the anonymous tipping, but it didn't matter anyway because you'll still be on the automatic leaderboard if you have one in your room. For me as a rule, I usually warn the model before I tip, #1 because some of you guys put your lovense on high and #2, so that they don't mention my username out loud. I rarely even chat in the chatroom and just pm you myself since I purchase the subscriber account. Honestly, just seeing you guys almost cry out of happiness or even just relief makes me smile, and a simple thank you out loud suffices.

And to answer the last guy who posted, no I dont log into CB to tip 30,000 tokens every day to one of my models. It's usually once or twice a month per model and honestly most of them keep my username and name completely out of their posts because they respect my privacy. Or that username doesn't exist anymore because I had to retire it.

So where do all the tokens go? Honestly 60% goes to my 3 main models I support, 30% to my 5-6 models that are slightly under the main group and get tipped max 10,000 tokens, and the last 10% to just have fun. I like to go through the pages looking for model with a long broadcast time with little tokens and just surprise them. I usually tell them to take the day off as well just to tell the rest of the room to fuck off for just sitting in there and not tip. I also give the option to the model to finish their goal for a show to their possible followers, which honestly doesn't mean anything when 90% of them just get notified to watch you for free.

Lastly, I can hear someone just saying, why would a big tipper even visit a forum for webcam models and write something up. He/She must be a fraud. First, COVID has given me more time at home and spend time on CB. Honestly, I'm here because I wanted to find out more information about these new studios that are popping up, especially in Colombia. If you don't know about it, I'd recommend you keep an eye out. I just found out one of my not-main models is being treated essentially like a sex slave there living in the studio and getting paid 40-50% of the tips they make. This is mostly happening due to the Venezuelan refugee crisis there, and most not being able to pay the fee for being documented refugees leading them to find jobs like these.

Lastly, I can hear someone just saying, why would a big tipper even visit a forum for webcam models and write something up. He/She must be a fraud. First, COVID has given me more time at home and spend time on CB. Honestly, I'm here because I wanted to find out more information about these new studios that are popping up, especially in Colombia. If you don't know about it, I'd recommend you keep an eye out. I just found out one of my not-main models is being treated essentially like a sex slave there living in the studio and getting paid 40-50% of the tips they make. This is mostly happening due to the Venezuelan refugee crisis there, and most not being able to pay the fee for being documented refugees leading them to find jobs like these.

Nah we stopped believing you when you said your main one is a grey :giggle: like who would go around as a grey when half the rooms have bots that filter out some of what you say xD.

They live in the studio and get paid 40-50% and don't have to pay rent or utilities? If so thats actually a better deal than most though the studio would of course end up having way more control of the model. Its not uncommon for studios to pay their girls 50-60% without providing living accommodations.

I think pseudo means something else than you think it means.
I just found out one of my not-main models is being treated essentially like a sex slave there living in the studio and getting paid 40-50% of the tips they make. This is mostly happening due to the Venezuelan refugee crisis there, and most not being able to pay the fee for being documented refugees leading them to find jobs like these.
It's not uncommon for Colombian studio models to have living arrangements within the studio and split their earnings with the studio. I've chatted privately with a couple of Colombianas who live like this, and none of them considered themselves sex slaves. Yes, there are probably studios that are taking advantage of Venezuelan refugees, and yes there are crappy studios who treat their models like a piece of meat, but it's not all black and white.

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but I'd say you aren't actually tipping the models. You're donating anonymously to them.

Otherwise I agree with your points; some models are so eager to thank you and post screen dumps of large tips that they leak private information left and right.

Nah we stopped believing you when you said your main one is a grey :giggle: like who would go around as a grey when half the rooms have bots that filter out some of what you say xD.

They live in the studio and get paid 40-50% and don't have to pay rent or utilities? If so thats actually a better deal than most though the studio would of course end up having way more control of the model. Its not uncommon for studios to pay their girls 50-60% without providing living accommodations.
Yes, I'm friends with 5 different Colombian models on CB, all at studios, but none have accommodation there.

One of them told me she will get 100,000 Colombian Pesos for a 1,000 token tip.

According to Google, 100,000 Pesos = US $27.32. I'm assuming the studio is getting $0.05 per token or $50.00 per 1,000 tokens. So in this case the model is getting slightly over 50%.

It annoys me about how little the model gets, but I guess the studio provides tech support and equipment. None of the models I am friends with have living arrangements, or equipment to allow them to go independent.

Unfortunately, none of them are getting huge numbers of tokens each day to lift them out from where they are. I normally tip them a decent amount each month, once I'm paid, to help with their bills, which is why I run out of tokens early each month. Having learned recently there is a fortnightly pay cycle for CB I may start spreading that out across 2 weeks instead of a few days.

As a point of comparison, one of my friends has a second job in a cafe. She gets 50,000 pesos (US $13.61) for each shift she does from 7am to 7pm (or until last customers go) on a Saturday or Sunday. So a bit over US $1 per hour!!! Not sure if she gets tips. So it is easy to see why so many Colombian women are willing to cam, because a buck an hour is slave labor. My friend said the studio has a waiting list of models, as they don't have enough rooms, compared to number of models. So it is interesting for a studio to provide accommodation if they could be using those rooms for more models.

Last edited:
Sounds to me you're more of a White Knight than someone who actually enjoys himself on camsites. I'm sure they're very happy with your big tips, but camsites are not a place to do charity work. You're better off donating to the Red Cross or something.
It's cool you can spend so much on models who need it, but there are thousands of models who are in a bad situation and get paid a tiny percentage. You can't help them all and it's not really the place to do it.

Sounds to me you're more of a White Knight than someone who actually enjoys himself on camsites. I'm sure they're very happy with your big tips, but camsites are not a place to do charity work. You're better off donating to the Red Cross or something.
It's cool you can spend so much on models who need it, but there are thousands of models who are in a bad situation and get paid a tiny percentage. You can't help them all and it's not really the place to do it.
Maybe it comes across that way. These are models I have become friendly with, and I'm certainly not a whale. Maybe they are friendly because I am a regular tipper. I have no expectations of them and I'm not expecting that what I contribute is going to change their life in any meaningful way. I have my private sessions with them and have fun, so I am not just giving tokens away. Each model appeals to what I like, otherwise I would be elsewhere.

When I do charity work (which I don't see this as) I like to see a direct benefit. Pre-covid I would help at a local homeless shelter near work, which I do miss. And I do donate to Vinnies / Red Cross etc...

One thing I see pretty frequently is models calling attention to their big tippers outside of the show setting.

Sometimes it’s as simple as a leaderboard on their profile page listing the best tippers. But I also see models share screenshots on Twitter and Instagram of the username that gave them a huge tip with an “OMG thanks so much!” or similar message. Many models have photo galleries on their profiles that include screenshots of big tip totals including the usernames responsible (some will black out the names but many do not). I’ve seen models display the name of their all-time king tippers within the room itself, as part of the background.

I know this comes from a good place most of the time - a desire to show appreciation to the tipper. But I can honestly see pros and cons to this, and I’m on the fence about whether it helps or hurts. So... models, does this work? And members, do you like it, dislike it, or are you indifferent to it?

From my POV, some “Pros”:
- Big tippers feel appreciated and noticed
- Reinforces to social media followers and profile visitors that the model works for tips, even if on a “free” platform
- Might motivate someone to tip (or tip more) if appearing on such posts/lists would make them feel good
- It’s a good way for the model to promote their success

Possible “Cons:”
- Many big tippers don’t want the extra attention (they start getting solicited by other models, etc)
- Usernames listed on profiles can show up in Google searches (I’ve searched my own username in the past and seen model profile pages in the results because they had listed me in their profiles as a tipper)
- From the model’s standpoint, you’re kind of telling all other models which users are the most lucrative for you
- You might be setting an implied “bar” for the level of tips you expect, unknowingly discouraging tippers who are on a tighter budget

Thoughts?
I choose not to display my tippers names. Some of them tip anonymously or do it in pvt because they don’t want other models or members to see.

Reactions: Smoothie
but camsites are not a place to do charity work. You're better off donating to the Red Cross or something.
When I do charity work (which I don't see this as) I like to see a direct benefit. Pre-covid I would help at a local homeless shelter near work, which I do miss. And I do donate to Vinnies / Red Cross etc...

🤔 I don't see an issue with using cam sites as a place to do charity work. aside from the inability to use it as a tax deduction :giggle:

• Funny!
Reactions: Billyboy and DoD404
... or unilaterally exercising his findom fetish on arguably hapless models. Nice work if you can get it.
I had to Google findom, lol. Nope. My total budget for the month to be shared however I choose is about 10,000 tokens (across my 6 model friends), so nobody is getting rich off me. At the same time, most days they are lucky to hit 1,000 tokens in total tips.

I had to Google findom, lol. Nope. My total budget for the month to be shared however I choose is about 10,000 tokens (across my 6 model friends), so nobody is getting rich off me. At the same time, most days they are lucky to hit 1,000 tokens in total tips.
Well ... I was referring to the OP and his seemingly no-strings-attached handouts anonymous.
And now that you've gone public with your tipping budget, I hope your camsite nick is different from what you use here ...

Well ... I was referring to the OP and his seemingly no-strings-attached handouts anonymous.
And now that you've gone public with your tipping budget, I hope your camsite nick is different from what you use here ...
Completely different, and the budget changes a little month to month.

I just found out one of my not-main models is being treated essentially like a sex slave there living in the studio and getting paid 40-50% of the tips they make. This is mostly happening due to the Venezuelan refugee crisis there, and most not being able to pay the fee for being documented refugees leading them to find jobs like these.

A - arrive at website put together by and for women who "are getting paid" (slightly over half of what a customer spends tipping those women)

B - liken "getting paid 40-50% of the tips (one makes) " to "sex slave(ry)"

Easy to see how you win so many friends and influence so many people.

Somebody truly as charitable as you like to believe you are, would definitely find another avenue for charity.

You are effectively giving half or most of the money to... Sally Struthers.

• Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Just my perspective and how I've had to go about things in Chaturbate.

I have 3-4 accounts, with one being my main one being a gray account. I use the other 2-3 as my tipping accounts and usually retire 1 every couple of months and create a new one. I believe some other person mentioned it, but yes other models PM you on that account and try to sweet talk you, especially when you're dropping 10,000+ tokens. The models that do know me chat with me on my gray account, and they also understand my request for discretion. ALWAYS ask before you do shoutouts of your large tippers, especially on social media. I've had to delete and restart new social media accounts due to this problem. One model blasted the image of the tip with my username on twitter and instagram, and you could probably understand what happened after.

Thank God for Bitcoin, and if you don't know how to send or receive it, I'd recommend you do. The Chaturbate spending limit was a total waste of my time, so I used Bitcoin the instant it became available to use. This also helped when one of my tipping accounts got hacked into and the remaining tokens (around 20,000) was "spent." CB was able to get them back for me after looking at the login IPs and I had no personal information in that account because I was using bitcoins. The unfortunately part that ensued was that a studio was involved with this and I believe all of their models lost their accounts. Why do I recommend you learn how to use bitcoin? Because if one of my main models needs help with an expense, I'm not going to pay a premium on tokens to help you pay for your car or your rent. What I tip on CB is so that you can continue doing what you do there.

Now as the others are talking about notoriety or being known. No, I dont care about being known by all of CB that I just tipped a large amount, which made me appreciate the anonymous tipping, but it didn't matter anyway because you'll still be on the automatic leaderboard if you have one in your room. For me as a rule, I usually warn the model before I tip, #1 because some of you guys put your lovense on high and #2, so that they don't mention my username out loud. I rarely even chat in the chatroom and just pm you myself since I purchase the subscriber account. Honestly, just seeing you guys almost cry out of happiness or even just relief makes me smile, and a simple thank you out loud suffices.

And to answer the last guy who posted, no I dont log into CB to tip 30,000 tokens every day to one of my models. It's usually once or twice a month per model and honestly most of them keep my username and name completely out of their posts because they respect my privacy. Or that username doesn't exist anymore because I had to retire it.

So where do all the tokens go? Honestly 60% goes to my 3 main models I support, 30% to my 5-6 models that are slightly under the main group and get tipped max 10,000 tokens, and the last 10% to just have fun. I like to go through the pages looking for model with a long broadcast time with little tokens and just surprise them. I usually tell them to take the day off as well just to tell the rest of the room to fuck off for just sitting in there and not tip. I also give the option to the model to finish their goal for a show to their possible followers, which honestly doesn't mean anything when 90% of them just get notified to watch you for free.

you are a very sweet person who ever you are and thank you for posting this! us models come on here for support from other models but its nice to have a long term CB user have a voice too! This leads to blocking the greys question. if you do not mind i would like to ask u when you develop new friendships with models do you start as a grey to see if they treat you the same as a colored name? I just started on CB i am a bbw model and never had much luck but im tring to give the site another chance and right now i have it set to allow everyone to talk and if someone gets out of line i hsndle case by case. just wondering your view. thanks again for your post. made me think allot about how i want to run my room!

coraholiday2020

Status
Not open for further replies.