AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam Help for the newbies... from a newbie

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anndraya

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Nov 14, 2015
Twitter Username
@AnndrayaLive
Chaturbate Username
Anndraya
Okay so there's a lot of things that I've learned since I started camming last month. I started with a 6-7 year old laptop, logitech c270 webcam and a single destop lamp for lighting. Believe it or not, I made it work. I got 200 followers within the month, and a realized two things are vital to moving up the camming totem pole.

1) Stream in HD. - Simply put, invest in a webcam that has at least a 720p resolution so that you can stream in HD. When HD streaming, the cam network you are on will put a banner over your thumbnail that says HD and therefore it theoretically gives you a better spot in rankings.

2) Stream at the same time every day. - This will do two things for you. One, it will help you get followers (I average 10 followers a night) and two it will help you build a nice hefty list of regulars. And remember, the more followers you have, the more viewers and potential tippers you have.

Let's keep adding to the list! If you think of something else, be sure to add it!

Use hashtags in your title if available, or at least make the title super eye catching and intriguing- "so and so's room" just won't cut it!

Use hashtags in your title if available, or at least make the title super eye catching and intriguing- "so and so's room" just won't cut it!

can you explain this a bit more? Are you talking about putting hashtags in your chat room topic?

Reactions: TacoBelle
can you explain this a bit more? Are you talking about putting hashtags in your chat room topic?

Yup, sorry, chat room topic is the right name for that. But I've noticed that using a hashtag or two on CB helped a bit, since people looking for those specific hashtags can find your room easily through it, and there's always more viewers coming in with a descriptive topic rather than the generic one (unless it's from an app, but so far those haven't done too great for me either.)

Yup, sorry, chat room topic is the right name for that. But I've noticed that using a hashtag or two on CB helped a bit, since people looking for those specific hashtags can find your room easily through it, and there's always more viewers coming in with a descriptive topic rather than the generic one (unless it's from an app, but so far those haven't done too great for me either.)

Ok - I'm not on chaturbate but that sounds site specific to me. Just to be clear to anyone reading this, that does not work on MFC.

• Helpful!
Reactions: TacoBelle
It is site specific. The only streaming site I've seen that does it is Chaturbate, but I'm sure there are others

MFC does search topics as part of the general search, but, as said, there's no advantage to having the hash (#) symbol in there.

Search shows:
1) Models with the search term in their username. Need not be the entire word ("hot" matches "shot").
2) Model Topics with the search term in their topic. Need not be the entire word.
3) Model Tags with the search term. Highlights models with the exact tag, provides options for tags containing the term.
4) News Feed posts from the last 48 hours with the search term in the text from models that are online. Need not be the entire word.

Another thing I found is making eye contact with the cam is apparently a good way to make tips. The viewers feel like the show is more interactive that way I've read on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.