AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

cam show pacing/dealing with boredom

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2023
The Pacific Northwest
Twitter Username
@natalienaturalz
Chaturbate Username
natalienaturals
So I’ve been camming for about a month now. when I very first started, I would go look at what the girls with the most viewers were doing in their rooms for inspiration/ideas of what to do. something I noticed that all the top models had in common was they would be on cam for like 2-3 hours at a time and they all progressed fairly slowly from
one tip goal to the next. one girl i remember was fully clothed just talking to the camera and she had like 500 viewers and a ton of tokens.

meanwhile fifteen minutes into my show, i’m fully naked cumming on cam with like five tokens and ten viewers. i can’t seem to stay on cam for more than 30min at a time; I get bored and impatient waiting for my tip goals to be met before i do the goal action and i end up saying fuck it and doing the goal actions way before my tip goal is met because i don’t really know what else to do with my time other than to dance around for a bit, striptease, and then skip right to the more explicit fully naked stuff. im having a difficult time slowing down, leaving the viewers wanting more, and actually sticking to my tip goals. i feel like tips roll in SO SLOWLY and i end up getting frustrated at how slowly they’re coming in so i skip right to the more explicit actions that i know will bring in more tips more quickly - i know this is a bad strategy in the long run which is why i’m asking for advice, but rn i feel like i can only dance around in my bra and panties for so long before it starts feeling repetitive. but maybe repetition is just a part of camming?

so i guess my main question is, how do y’all pace your shows and deal with boredom/frustration?

am i maybe setting my tip goals for each action too high (i set the first goal at 100 and then each following goal at increasing increments of 50) and i should lower them? or do i just need to be more patient and trust that the tips will come in? if patience is the answer, then im wondering how y’all fill up your time waiting on your first tip goal to be met without doing the same thing over and over? did anyone else have this issue when they first started too and if so, how did you handle it?

thanks in advance!!

So I’ve been camming for about a month now. when I very first started, I would go look at what the girls with the most viewers were doing in their rooms for inspiration/ideas of what to do. something I noticed that all the top models had in common was they would be on cam for like 2-3 hours at a time and they all progressed fairly slowly from
one tip goal to the next. one girl i remember was fully clothed just talking to the camera and she had like 500 viewers and a ton of tokens.

meanwhile fifteen minutes into my show, i’m fully naked cumming on cam with like five tokens and ten viewers. i can’t seem to stay on cam for more than 30min at a time; I get bored and impatient waiting for my tip goals to be met before i do the goal action and i end up saying fuck it and doing the goal actions way before my tip goal is met because i don’t really know what else to do with my time other than to dance around for a bit, striptease, and then skip right to the more explicit fully naked stuff. im having a difficult time slowing down, leaving the viewers wanting more, and actually sticking to my tip goals. i feel like tips roll in SO SLOWLY and i end up getting frustrated at how slowly they’re coming in so i skip right to the more explicit actions that i know will bring in more tips more quickly - i know this is a bad strategy in the long run which is why i’m asking for advice, but rn i feel like i can only dance around in my bra and panties for so long before it starts feeling repetitive. but maybe repetition is just a part of camming?

so i guess my main question is, how do y’all pace your shows and deal with boredom/frustration?

am i maybe setting my tip goals for each action too high (i set the first goal at 100 and then each following goal at increasing increments of 50) and i should lower them? or do i just need to be more patient and trust that the tips will come in? if patience is the answer, then im wondering how y’all fill up your time waiting on your first tip goal to be met without doing the same thing over and over? did anyone else have this issue when they first started too and if so, how did you handle it?

thanks in advance!!
I know for chaturbate it can be really important for room growth to really drag out goals, but in the interrim have something to do while you wait for a goal to be met.

So it sounds to me like you could either benefit from knowing what "teasy" (or conversational / activities) you are willing to perform while leading up to people meeting the goals, or to make increment small goals for people to reach that lead up to your normal bigger goals. People will reach those earlier and you will be less likely to get ahead of yourself (as long as you then not rush those small goals but use them to hype/lead up to the bigger goals.

An example of the first would be: you're working up towards taking off your bottoms (big goal), you tease focused on the bottom portion of your body. Legs, semi upskirts without showing too much etc. Then once you meet the goal you set the next, but take your time to take it off.. It leads to building up of anticipation by viewers and you give yourself an activity and give the room more time to tip without there being "boring" breaks in between. Other options if you don't want to tease is lead conversations or play interactive games like polls etc.

Example of the second is set small goals like say your normal first goal is "take off top" then your small in between goals could be things like "peek at bra" (or run a poll to let people guess the colour of it and if the right answer wins you show some of it) "ice cube neck/cleavage" "touch boobs over clothing". When reaching the small goals try to milk them time-wise and use them to work up the room to the bigger goals. I also know some models that set a more spicy goal as one of their firsts that they know will bring in people but can be performed while clothed (like a blowjob). You also don't have to be completely naked before you do things like masturbation so when dressed and wearing something like shirt, skirt, panties, you can do a goal for take off panties then after that can tease touch with an "orgasm" goal and when reached the orgasm goal you can take a long time reaching orgasm while room works on taking off your skirt as a goal (which they are excited to reach because then they see more)

It kinda depends on the room which of the 2 options works better. I personally usually opt for the more free-flow teasy option because I don't like to limit the growth of my stream on incoming (or not incoming) tips, and know that usually giving a little more up front ends up leading to a more successful overall stream. But that balance can be very tricky & I'd recommend doing some experimentation to figure out what works best both for how you feel about things & how much engagement you get. And switching between the two can be good too because otherwise your room can get too predictable and viewers get "lazy".

I think things start to feel more repetitive to us way way sooner than it does to the viewers. But this is also something you can gauge by checking viewer retention/growth and tip/chat activity.

Another important thing: maybe it's helpful to find something that you don't find boring to do for longer periods of time that can fit into a "buildup" towards certain goals. I do think that it's important to stay on for much longer than 30 minutes if you're able. For me my first 30 minutes are just the very beginning/start up of the stream.

Extra thought: it's helpful to check out the bigger (top frontpage) streamers for how they interact etc. and they have a lot of experience with how to work a room.. But their strategies (especially for long established streamers) aren't always indicative of how you grow from the lower pages up to the top of the frontpage. Their biggest power is having an established (large) viewer base which is the reason they're immediately up there and because they are it's easier to remain there just by visability. (An example of this is that fully clothed talking will not lead you to the frontpage unless you have the new tag or are just off of your newtag or you have a large established active viewerbase)
IMO there's a lot of talent and experience to learn from, but it's also very useful to check around your own rank, and see who ranks similar at the moment but who is growing faster & why.

Because streaming is so personal (what works well for streamer A won't work as well for streamer B etc.) I think the best thing you can do is experiment. Change things up and see what happens. If you don't like the results switch it up again and rinse and repeat till you find something that works for you as a person And fits your room (and usually the room starts forming around the model with time and both fit).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,
One suggestion I have is to use a 'hidden cam'/'ticket show' app or bot. When you feel the need to do a bit more but the tips aren't there, you can hide behind a hidden cam. That way you're still doing the same thing only now that show isn't given away for free. I've managed many studio models transitioning into an Independent account. I can tell you that this job takes time to build a customer base, find loyal tippers, supporters, etc. My advice is make sure you have everything covered for each type of tipper. Have content (photos/videos both erotic and explicit) for those who enjoy content. Keep privates open with C2C for those who enjoy that. Keep a public show going (with goals, games, etc) for those that enjoy that. Change up your goals, weekly or daily, so you always offer a variety and aren't getting bored. Sell social media or ways to interact (if you're comfortable)! The rest is showing up, having smart lighting, props, an intimate space, and just being happy. Your attitude will present itself even when you're trying to hide it, that's just the reality of being watched. Stay positive and keep trying. It may take 6 months to gain a following or become profitable.

This is just my personal and general advice without having viewed your transmission.

I am a model, an app/bot coder, a consumer, and a manager/mod. I've experienced most aspects of CB. I hope I have helped in some way.

Peace and good luck!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.