AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camera for video making.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2015
Denmark
www.cam4.dk
Twitter Username
@gudheadt
so i'm starting my ManyVids account up and there for want to make some video and put up there. but i dont have a camera right now. so can anyone reccomend any cameras that arent To expesive.
currently using my Webcam for private videos but i would like to upgrade the quality and such :)
Thanks in Advance :h:

I typically avoid gear threads but you're not getting much action in here since you posted so I'll hop in and see if I can help get the ball rolling for you.
The short answer:
The best camera for any purpose is the one you have at hand. Use what you've got until it pays for something better.

The long answer:
What do you wish to accomplish? Do you want creative control or do you want plug and play?
What are your needs? Auto focus? Video only? Video and photo? Handi-cam? DSLR? Mirrorless?
What is your level of experience? What are you willing to learn? Are you willing to fail?
What is your budget?

mostly a plug and play set up if possible, something thats easy for me to use, but can still produce a video in a good enough quality that the members wont complain about it :) my experience is little but i am willing to learn. my budget is a few hundred dollars.

Reactions: Gen
Okay, I'll give a suggestion that's a bit different. Since budget is a primary concern, but you're still wanting it to be good quality and better than a webcam: a small digital point and shoot camera.

The point and shoot I currently use is a discontinued model (a few years old now), but it does great for simple movie clips. It's the Samsung ST200F. I know you can't get it anymore, but I'd look at the comparable replacement. These (below) all do 720HD video at 30fps. They are in the 16mp to 20mp range for photos themselves, so you can take great pictures also with them. Personally I like one with bigger 'digital' zoom. You have to look specifically at that, not 'optical' zoom so many try to tell you. Optical is just cropping in, so you lose resolution. Digital zoom does so with the lenses, so you can still keep your full megapixels.

I don't own these, so be sure to read the reviews, but they are all pretty good rated. And from what I scanned in the reviews, everyone seems to agree the video quality is good. So, read them and make up your own mind.

They don't have the ability to attach an external microphone. But on mine I know from experience if everyone in a 15'x15' room is talking in a normal voice, it has no trouble picking them up on audio. If you talk quietly, then you have to be closer.
It (mine again) does great in lower light conditions, and motion from people walking around. Video looks sharp and clear. I will say mine has a 20 minute time limit per movie clip. But you can just press record again to keep going for as long as your card has storage space.

Now to be clear, this is not in the same league as a good quality DSLR. But then again, neither is the price. I do consider it way better than a webcam. It allows for the complete freedom to move it around to different locations easily without a computer being attached. And honestly I think it records better video. Same rate as a good webcam, just the colors are much richer.

For $90 to $110 you're not going to find a better video making device.

Sony DSCW830 20.1 MP Digital Camera

Kodak PIXPRO Friendly Zoom FZ53 16 MP Digital Camera

Nikon COOLPIX L32 Digital Camera

Sony DSCW800/B 20.1 MP Digital Camera

chrome_2016-12-20_07-06-12.png

Last edited:
...Personally I like one with bigger 'digital' zoom. You have to look specifically at that, not 'optical' zoom so many try to tell you. Optical is just cropping in, so you lose resolution. Digital zoom does so with the lenses, so you can still keep your full megapixels...[/ATTACH]

You've got this backwards. Digital Zoom is precisely that, digital cropping of an image.
Optical zoom is a physical movement of the optics.

Reactions: Sevrin
You've got this backwards. Digital Zoom is precisely that, digital cropping of an image.
Optical zoom is a physical movement of the optics.

DOHH. You're right, I put them backwards. Optical is better, and what I meant. See, that's what happens when you try to write after being up all night!

a member is talking about getting this for me? https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CU8J...TF8&colid=2QOZLVJ3NRWTC&coliid=I3P93UP0B08TGH
is it the best for the price?

I use a Sony CX330. I've used it for a couple years now. I would like to upgrade soon, but it's a good camcorder for starting out.

Regarding DSLR camera's... I wouldn't recommend getting one that doesn't have a screen that you can flip around to face you. Otherwise you won't know if you are in the camera's frame unless you are planning on only doing videos where you don't move around much. That's why I use a camcorder rather than my nice DSLR camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.