AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Caming Simultaneously on 2 Sites?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2019
California
Twitter Username
@JesssiJay
Chaturbate Username
JesssiJay
Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search and nothing came up.

I’ve read online that girls simultaneously cam on two sites at the same time. I’m looking into doing that with my current CB chat and I recently signed up in MFC. Any one have experience with this?

Tech wise is it easy to set up? Any common issues that pop up?

As far as interacting with different rooms, how do you not get confused and keep both rooms engaged, etc... I’m thinking this could be a good move but I’m just concerned about it just being too confusing to keep track of and turning off fans on both sites with a shitty show. Also when you get a PVT on one site do you just stop broadcasting on the other and then come back? Sorry for all the questions, thanks!

I would say the general consensus here is it's not worth it to try multi-camming simulatneously and can be big peeve for members. On a site like MFC focus while you're on cam is crucial due to camscore. It can be really difficult to juggle both sites at once and not appear frazzled or obvious to the audience. One thing I and a few other girls do that is kinda similar is we run other services while on cam like skype listings,phone lines,texting lines etc--stuff that is easier to maintain at the same time. Even then, I do all this on a private based site (streamate) and not a highly social site like mfc/cb.

My main site is CB and I decided to run MFC in the background without giving it full attention. Just let room run and collect tokens from passers-by with minimal attention. Well regulars of course noticed, and I told them what my idea was. CB is still my favorite but I’m case I get bored there are more options. Two good regulars started to log in both of my rooms, guess they were just trying to help but it was so distracting. The best regular started to tip almost exclusively on MFC, maybe tokens are cheaper or he liked that there are fewer people asking for my attention. In the first two weeks, while my plan was sorta working, I made a bit more money. When my regulars started to join other room my main income suffered and I had to stop.

That said if you manage to make money without having the social room it might work for you. But my experience was different.

I think your concern about being distracted is justified, but it really depends on how much you want to interact with members. It will be hard for you to follow and respond to more conversations, and some members that like being interactive are likely to notice, and not be happy about it.

As far as tech issues go it's not hard, but you'll need to install software that supports "cam splitting". The software will generate separate video streams for each site you're streaming with, and that will eat up more bandwidth from your internet connection (it may also require more processing power from your computer). You may find the quality of the video suffers as a result.

As for privates, some sites will allow you to set a "fake private", which makes you appear to be in private on their site when you are actually in private on another. Otherwise, I assume you'd have to go offline on the site that you're not streaming in private.

There's not much harm in trying -- apart from getting it set up -- if it seems like it might be right for you....

As a member I've only been bothered by the split camming thing once. And that was when I first really got into camsites so I was more into private shows. And, the model I took private left her cam on the other site and my show caused her to get a rise in tokens/coins/whatever from the other site and I could hear it. She also suddenly stopped to shut off her cam on the other site. So it made me a bit more weary of privates after that, but I still did them for awhile.

One of the models I follow is generally on MFC and CB at the same time. I only tried out CB because she was on it, but overall I'm so used to MFC I've never really committed to using CB. I can tell she generally does better on CB as over the last year or so she's been on MFC less. Her style is exactly the same for both sites and because she is more of a typer/instead of a talker I don't think it really gives her problems bouncing between rooms. If one site reaches her goal before the other if it is an explicit type of show she will log off the other site. If it is a striptease or oil show or something along those lines she will leave the other site up a bit longer to see if it brings in more tokens.

I think overall it is probably easier if you are going to multi cam to split sites by shifts or days or something. But, if you are going to cam simultaneously there is a chance it will alienate some tippers who pick up or don't like that you're not fully engaged with the site they're on.

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback.

Viewers say I am very talkative and I like to be chatty with my room so I think it wouldn't work to be up on both sites at the same time. I might try it once just to see but yeah....based on your feedback I think I'll stick to one at a time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.