AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming accessories

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissyDott

Inactive Cam Model
Jun 21, 2015
Twitter Username
@missydott0717
MFC Username
MissyDott
Streamate Username
Missy_Dott
Clips4Sale URL
http://www.clips4sale.com/store/94771/missydott0717
I'm making my wishlists on Amazon (more for my reference than anyone else's). My main focus right now is tech stuff. I'm just looking for advice on any loved brands or particular things you can't do without. FYI, right now my camming room is my bedroom so I have to be at least somewhat portable. Here's what I have so far:

Upgraded webcam: Logitech C920
Tripod: This one
USB Extension Cable(probably at least two, right?)
Mic: Yeti
Laptop: MSI GT70 Dominator
DSLR: Nikon D3300
Ethernet Cable
Wireless mouse and keyboard
others

The above hardware that you listed would work out perfectly for what you need to be able to cam.

The logitech c920 is a favorite among a lot of models. That tripod looks nice. For a USB extension, it depends on how portable you need to be... the longer you need to be, you can always get repeatable extension cables. That microphone looks nice. The laptop, unless you are looking to be doing a bunch of other activities, like gaming, is pretty overkill for camming. That camera looks nice. Ethernet cable would be needed if you are looking to directly connect into your LAN, otherwise WiFi works. With a laptop you wouldn't really need anything wireless, unless you are planning on camming from a distance.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Upgraded webcam: Logitech C920
Tripod: This one
USB Extension Cable(probably at least two, right?)
Mic: Yeti
Laptop: MSI GT70 Dominator
DSLR: Nikon D3300
Ethernet Cable
Wireless mouse and keyboard
others
These all seem excellent!
Are you planning on having music played? You may like to get an external speaker.

Also get good internet access. You want at least Mobile feed quality on MFC else you are unwatchable on a tablet.

Last edited:
A cat

Most camgirls seem to have one....

meow

One of my wishlist items is a good video editing software.... if you plan on doing any kind of clip filming, may want to consider that. Also... a couple of basic lights are good too.

Good list! Lighting equipment I think is a must. I had such terrible lighting my first two years of camming, and I think it really played a part with how much I was being tipped. I think this is the set I have, or at least one very similar. A member sent it to me, so unfortunately I can't look it up in my past orders. I know it looks right, and is definitely that brand though.

Reactions: SoTxBob and Puffin
needed: one faithfull and loyal person to help you set everything up. You will never have any idea what you look like or sound like at the other end of the screen when you cam. White noise and bad lighting (as Ann_Sulu stated) can do a lot of harm even if you otherwise do have the best equipment.

Cam wise.. I'm looking at the BCC950... fantastic quality and remote control.... its a little pricier, but a lot of the features appeal to me.

Good list! Lighting equipment I think is a must. I had such terrible lighting my first two years of camming, and I think it really played a part with how much I was being tipped. I think this is the set I have, or at least one very similar. A member sent it to me, so unfortunately I can't look it up in my past orders. I know it looks right, and is definitely that brand though.

Yes! I have this lighting kit too and it's made such a difference. I started getting a lot of comments (after I started using the lighting) about the quality of my cam (c920), so it's been awesome.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu and Puffin
The above hardware that you listed would work out perfectly for what you need to be able to cam.

The logitech c920 is a favorite among a lot of models. That tripod looks nice. For a USB extension, it depends on how portable you need to be... the longer you need to be, you can always get repeatable extension cables. That microphone looks nice. The laptop, unless you are looking to be doing a bunch of other activities, like gaming, is pretty overkill for camming. That camera looks nice. Ethernet cable would be needed if you are looking to directly connect into your LAN, otherwise WiFi works. With a laptop you wouldn't really need anything wireless, unless you are planning on camming from a distance.

For the laptop, it is a slightly lower version of the one I am currently using, but I am borrowing this one from my fiance, which only really works when he's at work or asleep, but if he's asleep he is usually in our room which is also my camming room for now. I do like gaming, and hate desktop computers (though I still plan to build one just to be able to say I did and the games I like can be pretty resource-intensive. :)
I have very strong internet, but with Wi-Fi it's only getting less than a quarter of its capabilities. It would be nice to be able to get more of what I pay for, so that's the reason for the ethernet cable.
For the wireless stuff, I guess it wouldn't be as much of an issue having a tripod, but I've noticed that it can get complicated to have a place to put my laptop and an external keyboard (the laptop was a gift from a friend and something happened and the included keyboard doesn't work) and mouse, still have good camera angles and also be able to read the screen.

These all seem excellent!
Are you planning on having music played? You may like to get an external speaker.

Also get good internet access. You want at least Mobile feed quality on MFC else you are unwatchable on a tablet.

I do like the idea of a speaker. That way I could play music from my phone and not have to worry about eating resources or internet from using Spotify.
I have the best internet package my provider offers. My roommate suggested it when we moved in and it ends up making bills split more evenly. :)

A cat

Most camgirls seem to have one....

meow

I would love a cat, but I'm not sure if my chihuahua Squirt would like one. :p

One of my wishlist items is a good video editing software.... if you plan on doing any kind of clip filming, may want to consider that. Also... a couple of basic lights are good too.

That would be nice. I need to learn a little more about how to do editing. I do have a C4S store open, but I'm still working on getting the balls to do any videos or pics lol

A large number of girls have stopped usinh the C920. C930 might be better :) That's what I use and I love it!

I did see that when I was looking, but I wasn't sure if that was maybe overkill? It was originally on the list too, I just deleted it when I wasn't seeing a lot of girls using it. But if you like it, I'll look into it more.

Yes! I have this lighting kit too and it's made such a difference. I started getting a lot of comments (after I started using the lighting) about the quality of my cam (c920), so it's been awesome.

I was in the middle of doing this when my fiance came into the room and suggested we get married while we're in Texas next week. I was originally going to keep looking for stuff, but I got a little distracted :D

needed: one faithfull and loyal person to help you set everything up. You will never have any idea what you look like or sound like at the other end of the screen when you cam. White noise and bad lighting (as Ann_Sulu stated) can do a lot of harm even if you otherwise do have the best equipment.
Luckily, I have a fiance, who will be my husband in a week! :D

This laptop cart is one of my favorite camming tools! It's super portable and makes it easy to cam from pretty much anywhere. And it's height-adjustable!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0097...aptop+cart&dpPl=1&dpID=31KeGoOSZqL&ref=plSrch

Veronica- do you know if it adjusts from sitting height up to standing height? I looked into it and the measurements seem shorter than standing but I just wanted to check with you cause you have it. :)

I'm looking for one on amazon under $100 that can quickly adjust from lying in bed height to standing and dancing height.... does anyone know of a product like this?

Veronica- do you know if it adjusts from sitting height up to standing height? I looked into it and the measurements seem shorter than standing but I just wanted to check with you cause you have it. :)

I'm looking for one on amazon under $100 that can quickly adjust from lying in bed height to standing and dancing height.... does anyone know of a product like this?
It doesn't quite get tall enough for standing, but at its tallest I can cam from it standing as long as I'm not at the keyboard a lot. I tend to move around a bunch and rarely pm or anything so it works, but I'm actually on the lookout for one that gets a bit taller. Ideally one with a crank like a tripod; the one I have now you have to loosen the knob and adjust it manually.

For the price it is super awesome, but yeah, there are improvements to be made for sure.

It doesn't quite get tall enough for standing, but at its tallest I can cam from it standing as long as I'm not at the keyboard a lot. I tend to move around a bunch and rarely pm or anything so it works, but I'm actually on the lookout for one that gets a bit taller. Ideally one with a crank like a tripod; the one I have now you have to loosen the knob and adjust it manually.

For the price it is super awesome, but yeah, there are improvements to be made for sure.

Thanks for the quick reply and input! I'm looking for the same thing you are. Might make a post about it, I'll let you know if I find anything!

Reactions: VeronicaChaos
Reactions: VeronicaChaos
i would so so so recommend a tripod with a removable mounting plate. i just leave the plate on my camera at all times so i can pop it on the tripod whenever the need comes up.

Hey girls

I'm a new enough model and i had been using Microsoft Lifecam HD 5000.. anyone use this? because i just read on camgirlwiki its the worst one to use :nailbiting:

Reactions: SoTxBob
one thing with the tiny little "pocket" tripods.... they can be a bit easy to tip over, especially with a long extension wire to the cam. What I've done for a couple of friends is make them "heavy bases" with a quick mount. a simple piece of wood with a threaded rod and a couple of nuts to accept the quick-mounts. you can have them fairly low 4-5" high, and large enough to span across the toilet for shower/bath shows or make them a foot tall or more to be face level when sitting using the coffee table. you can push or pull with no worries of tumping over. also great for sitting on the couch or arm of the chair. Higher than that, get a normal full size tripod. :D

Hey girls
I'm a new enough model and i had been using Microsoft Lifecam HD 5000.. anyone use this? because i just read on camgirlwiki its the worst one to use :nailbiting:

from my limited exp with it, the main issue was the constant autofocus. the image wasnt that bad.

• Helpful!
Status
Not open for further replies.