AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming in an RV possible?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2022
Background: I have been homeless since August 2022 due to escaping my mom who kidnapped me and was physically abusing me. I have been a camgirl on chaturbate since 2019, long before all this happened, but since I became homeless I have been camming out of hotels, Airbnb’s and other peoples houses. My credit score is only 571 so I cannot get an apartment. I didn’t think I would be homeless for so long but I feel trapped like everyone including my whole family disrespects me and takes advantage of me. I feel very hopeless right now honestly as I have been trying to figure out how to get out of this situation with no luck yet.

Anyway, I was able to, for the most part, keep up camming but lately due to stress and pressure due to the high expense of living out of hotels and Airbnb’s (I live in a very expensive part of the country), I have been crumbling under the pressure and have not been able to deliver the kind of performances I have been able to in the past and as a result, my earnings have gone down below the quotas I set for myself.

So anyway, luckily I have saved up enough $ that I can afford to buy an RV and land. Considering traveling around in said RV until I find the right land, but I am wondering if it is even possible to get internet with a high enough upload speed to continue camming? I am not very technologically literate so if anyone knows anything or has any experience camming or doing similar work in an RV or off the grid, please let me know

Background: I have been homeless since August 2022 due to escaping my mom who kidnapped me and was physically abusing me. I have been a camgirl on chaturbate since 2019, long before all this happened, but since I became homeless I have been camming out of hotels, Airbnb’s and other peoples houses. My credit score is only 571 so I cannot get an apartment. I didn’t think I would be homeless for so long but I feel trapped like everyone including my whole family disrespects me and takes advantage of me. I feel very hopeless right now honestly as I have been trying to figure out how to get out of this situation with no luck yet.

Anyway, I was able to, for the most part, keep up camming but lately due to stress and pressure due to the high expense of living out of hotels and Airbnb’s (I live in a very expensive part of the country), I have been crumbling under the pressure and have not been able to deliver the kind of performances I have been able to in the past and as a result, my earnings have gone down below the quotas I set for myself.

So anyway, luckily I have saved up enough $ that I can afford to buy an RV and land. Considering traveling around in said RV until I find the right land, but I am wondering if it is even possible to get internet with a high enough upload speed to continue camming? I am not very technologically literate so if anyone knows anything or has any experience camming or doing similar work in an RV or off the grid, please let me know

I'm very sorry for everything you've been through.

I was going to suggest that you look up information on low-income/income-based housing in your area, and get your name put on their waiting lists (Their waiting lists may be several months long though). But then you mentioned the idea about buying an RV, so I looked this up real quick:

RV.jpg

I know jolene brody did it for several years.. you could try reaching out. But it's 100% possible. There have been several models i know of who did it.

Don't forget content is another way to make $$$, or phonesex. This can be good for less reliable connections.

Hope things get better for you soon. 💚

I’m so sorry you’re facing all of this and hope you’re able to get back on your feet asap. I’m really glad you’re no longer around family who have been so cruel but it sucks that you’re in this position now.

I personally don’t have experience camming from an RV, just hotel rooms where the internet is spotty at best. :(

Do you know if you’re nearby any organizations or resources for sex workers? The ones near me are able to help with situations like this, and with applying for programs that help people find housing regardless of credit score. I would also look into resources for sexual health and LGBTQ+ community members local to you if you wanted to try the resource route but can’t find anything specifically for sex workers.

I know that isn’t what you’ve asked for, but I wanted to bring it up just incase - lots of folks don’t know these places exist and they can sometimes help with shorter term things like food and grocery cards too. :)

I hope you get to settle down soon. ❤️❤️

Reactions: rockin_rod
4g and 5g have enough bandwidth for streaming (it's going to depend on your signal ofc) you just need a good data plan because streaming uses a lot of data. The other option is starlink which I would assume would have a higher upfront cost.

• Helpful!
4g and 5g have enough bandwidth for streaming (it's going to depend on your signal ofc) you just need a good data plan because streaming uses a lot of data. The other option is starlink which I would assume would have a higher upfront cost.
Despite being owned by the Chief Twit, I was going to suggest Starlink too, as it's proving very popular here in regional Australia.
They offer an RV kit which includes a small dish antenna on a movable tripod, rather than a fixed dish for a house/apartment.
Pricing and features seem to vary depending on your country, but worth looking into since (here at least) the service is a flat-rate per month with no additional data usage costs and you can pause monthly payments on the RV plan, if you're not going to use the service.
Best of luck and really hope your situation improves.

Despite being owned by the Chief Twit, I was going to suggest Starlink too, as it's proving very popular here in regional Australia.
They offer an RV kit which includes a small dish antenna on a movable tripod, rather than a fixed dish for a house/apartment.
Pricing and features seem to vary depending on your country, but worth looking into since (here at least) the service is a flat-rate per month with no additional data usage costs and you can pause monthly payments on the RV plan, if you're not going to use the service.

The chief twit's Starlink is supposed to work fairly well. From my understanding so long as you have a decent view of the sky it works and has better bandwidth than 4g/5g. And I believe there is a version specifically for an RV that costs a bit more but is build for that usage. You probably do not need the in-motion hardware since you probably aren't going to stream will actively moving. And given 4g/5g has a lot of dead spots when you get in the middle of no-where the starlink should be better since it only requires a view of the sky.

If going the starlink route I would 100% bolt that dish down... last thing you want to do is have to start chasing some guy down when you were in the middle of a show because he stole your internet 😂

RVs get like 5 miles to gallon, constantly need repairs and then there is gray water and black water disposal to deal with. It can be a bandaid in a bad situation or it can be a necrotic wound in and of itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.