AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming Supplies

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HannahC998

Cam Model
Oct 26, 2018
Hi! Sorry I'm posting a lot lately. I searched and couldn't find what I'm looking for. I'm nit model verified yet.
Besides the basics, webcam, laptop, mic, wireless keyboard, and lights, what are some "extra" things you might use while camming?
Stuff you might not really "need" but that people request or you use a lot.
Preferably on amazon I have about $80 to spend, and I'd like to buy a few smaller things than one big thing.
Toys? I have a lush, dildo, a wand vibe, and a few other bdsm items. Any other suggestions?

Lingeire/Clothing? I only have one "set" of lingeire. A red bra with matching g string and garters, plus thigh highs. Should I get a similar set in different colors? Any other clothing items you get asked for a lot?

I make more money in regular clothes than lingerie, but that may be just me. So I wouldn’t suggest that

I would suggest skin colored toys, baby oil, and lotion to keep near by. I also suggest a few things for you, such as makeup remover wipes, something to clean your toys between uses, an ear bud to watch tv or listen to books secretly while in slow times, and chapstick. Oh and a few cups/bottles without labels to drink your drinks.

These are things I find useful, I think it depends on your show and your style of camming. I’ve set up much differently now that I’ve been doing it for a few months. And I’m sure it’ll change and grow as I do.

ABSOLUTELY baby wipes or something like that! Get unscented ones so they're safe to use near/on your genitals. They also make great makeup wipes, I can't live without them. Toy cleaner, baby oil or coconut oil, lotion, etc as said above.
I adore having an ejaculating dildo (I use the Doc Johnson Bust It) as it makes things a lot more fun though cleanup can be annoying sometimes. I also like having dildos in different skin colours for diversity and to give customers an option.
Lingerie isn't too important - regular underwear and a tshirt can be a really cute look. Possibly make an earnings goal and treat yourself to a new set of lingerie each time you reach it?

It’s always good to have a backup toy(s). I’ve burned through 3 of the Lush toys & 5 wands since I started in January. It guaranteed that they will die right in the middle of your show. I now have a backup Lush & 2 backup wands, always fully charged, ready to go.
I agree with @NerdyZoey , regular clothes have always done better for me. I already had a couple pieces of lingerie that I might wear now & then, but most of all the other pieces came from members buying me outfits or lingerie off my Amazon wishlist. T-shirt or tanks & yoga pants do surprisingly well for me...if I’m not just starting fully nude.

Oh, and maybe panties...a lot of them. I don’t wear any when I cam, but I’ve had TONS of requests to buy the ones I’ve worn.

I think stockings and pantyhose are very popular and common from what I see.
Both black and tanned, so if you can try get a pair or 2 of each

So are heels but from what I see of that it's usually the light blue or grey guys who have no tokens to tip, that want/demand those - that may just be due to the rooms I am in, I don't know.

Invest in good toy cleaner! Invest in good lube! Baby wipes are amazing, I splurge and get unscented kind with no chemicals. In my opinion, this type of stuff is similar to investing in a good pair of shoes if you are in an active vanilla job. Things to take care of you and your body are a must.

I also got a stock pot to boil my bad dragon and other silicone dildos/glass toys in. Not neccessary for everyone, but if you are prone to any type of vag woes, staying on top of your toy cleanliness huge.

I'm still pretty new but so far (aside from my webcam) I've invested in a rabbit vibrator, dildo, Lush toy, some bras/panties, and a cheap-o lamp from Walmart. I'm hoping to move into my own apartment soon and once I have room to spread out I will add some more mood setting decorations and increase my lingerie/toy collection. The guys (and some girls) always just really want to see you cum or teasing yourself in different ways. They definitely appreciate talking/conversation since it IS a chat room, but from what I've tried so far, having toys on hand to tease/get off with seems to be the biggest help for tips!

Reactions: KarlaKaress
What i would suggest wait till members ask you for things and see what re accures regularly these are items that you could buy.
Safest way to get things and if you put them on your amazon list and they ask for it you can say i don`t have it yet but the item is on my amazon so they can even buy it for you a kind of win win situation for both

Safest way to get things and if you put them on your amazon list and they ask for it you can say i don`t have it yet but the item is on my amazon so they can even buy it for you a kind of win win situation for both

This is NOT the safest route. Creating an Amazon WL is fine, but accept a GC to make the purchase yourself. This prevents the buyer from cancelling the order after telling you the purchase has been made (in case this is in exchange for shows). This also prevents the buyer from being able to track the package to the delivery address. Prime deliveries now feature a map for expected deliveries! There are stories of models having their contact information released to buyers so easily if buyers choose to call customer service.

If you have a WL, leave out the address or put a fake one one in (which I’m not sure even if this is possible). If I remember correctly WLs also show the city and state of your address if inputed. It is much more safer for you as a model to make Amazon purchases yourself with GCs.

This is NOT the safest route. Creating an Amazon WL is fine, but accept a GC to make the purchase yourself. This prevents the buyer from cancelling the order after telling you the purchase has been made (in case this is in exchange for shows). This also prevents the buyer from being able to track the package to the delivery address. Prime deliveries now feature a map for expected deliveries! There are stories of models having their contact information released to buyers so easily if buyers choose to call customer service.

If you have a WL, leave out the address or put a fake one one in (which I’m not sure even if this is possible). If I remember correctly WLs also show the city and state of your address if inputed. It is much more safer for you as a model to make Amazon purchases yourself with GCs.
Iment with the giftcards only option my mistake should have been clearer thank you for telling what iforgot Miss LittleLei

Reactions: LittleLei
Iment with the giftcards only option my mistake should have been clearer thank you for telling what iforgot Miss LittleLei

I actually had the thought that you might have meant purchasing with GCs instead of having the member buying off the WL directly as well. But I guess it's still good info to have in here in case another model comes along searching for this info!

Reactions: tekwolf
Some people mentioned this, but I’ve had many people request for me to buy an ejaculating dildo for whenever I do my BJ shows. If you do those too, you may want to look into that.

I find that flesh colored toys also work well with the crowd. Anything that helps make the process a little more realistic. I also have a mount I bought off Amazon that helps me use my dildo in different positions like doggy.

Reactions: jillianna
Status
Not open for further replies.