AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming when sick

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2016
I've been awfully sick since yesterday, and even though I'm feeling a bit better today, I'm extremely fatigued to the point of being stuck in bed. I feel so awful because I want to get working again, but I exhaust myself within minutes of standing. I've been working on my CB profile today, but unlike MFC, you don't really get people browsing your profile too often when offline.

I'm super anxious because I really need the money right now to support myself :bigtears: What would you guys do?

My general rule for any work is this: If I'm down right miserable, be it a head cold or a panic attack, I'll be worthless. Why stress over getting dressed and getting there just to be sent home because you look like you feel like shit? I tried to come back early to my 9-5 job after a concussion, and my manager straight up told me "Hun, you look like shit. You have a note to excuse you another two days. TAKE IT!"

It definitely strains finances, but it's better to be 100% tomorrow because you took today off rather than being 50% the next few days cause you pushed yourself.

My general rule for any work is this: If I'm down right miserable, be it a head cold or a panic attack, I'll be worthless. Why stress over getting dressed and getting there just to be sent home because you look like you feel like shit? I tried to come back early to my 9-5 job after a concussion, and my manager straight up told me "Hun, you look like shit. You have a note to excuse you another two days. TAKE IT!"

It definitely strains finances, but it's better to be 100% tomorrow because you took today off rather than being 50% the next few days cause you pushed yourself.

Thank you, that's definitely a better logic. It's just hard to feel lacking since so much consistency is expected from models...

• Hugs
Reactions: CupcakeQuinn
Sadly I have had to take months off from camming because of kidney stones. Not just because of pain, but because I've had three kidney surgeries. It's tough to do financially, but honestly sometimes your body and mind just need a break to chill out and heal. Unfortunately, nobody seems to get that camgirls are humans with real feelings though, because one of my regs assumed I would be on cam dancing around after my last kidney surgery where I had a stent put in & left in for two weeks. I know not most people can relate to that kind of medical problem but I wanted to fucking slap him for assuming I was "well enough" and not in tremendous pain. For that reason alone I like to give myself time to recuperate no matter how big or small the pain or illness is. Your mood will show if you're not able to be emotive/chipper/active on cam like you normally are either. And bad moods seldom make for good token sessions.

Sadly I have had to take months off from camming because of kidney stones. Not just because of pain, but because I've had three kidney surgeries. It's tough to do financially, but honestly sometimes your body and mind just need a break to chill out and heal. Unfortunately, nobody seems to get that camgirls are humans with real feelings though, because one of my regs assumed I would be on cam dancing around after my last kidney surgery where I had a stent put in & left in for two weeks. I know not most people can relate to that kind of medical problem but I wanted to fucking slap him for assuming I was "well enough" and not in tremendous pain. For that reason alone I like to give myself time to recuperate no matter how big or small the pain or illness is. Your mood will show if you're not able to be emotive/chipper/active on cam like you normally are either. And bad moods seldom make for good token sessions.

Kidney stones are a bitch. I called my dad one morning to see if he knew what might be wrong and he kinda downplayed it "Go to instacare if you think it's really THAT bad." So I drove myself, almost wrecked, cried on the floor while waiting for the pain relief shot to kick in hoping they weren't gonna send me in an ambulance to the E.R. When they told me it was kidney stones, as I waiting on the floor in pain, I called my dad to tell him. He went "Oh shit! I'm sorry. I hear they can hurt worse than child birth!". He felt bad for thinking I was being melodramatic. That shit hurts. I'm so sorry you've had to have surgery because of it :(

Thank you, that's definitely a better logic. It's just hard to feel lacking since so much consistency is expected from models...

Do you have twitter for your camming? I've seen girls post a simple "I'm sorry, I'm not feeling well and wont be on tonight! Apologies! See you soon." sorta stuff. So while you have a set schedule, this is kind of like calling in sick to work.

P.S. Get better soon!!!!

I've been awfully sick since yesterday, and even though I'm feeling a bit better today, I'm extremely fatigued to the point of being stuck in bed. I feel so awful because I want to get working again, but I exhaust myself within minutes of standing. I've been working on my CB profile today, but unlike MFC, you don't really get people browsing your profile too often when offline.

I'm super anxious because I really need the money right now to support myself :bigtears: What would you guys do?

Sorry you aren't feeling good; I can totally understand the desire to try and tough it out (yay income), but at the same time, if you are really feeling miserable and you're not sure that you can hold down the show, I'd sit it out to be perfectly honest. Just last night I had a wicked headache but figured I'd fight through it and cam with my hubby on CB last night- wound up taking with a mild seizure in the middle of the show and we had to call it quits... whoops (luckily since hubby was in the show with me he was able to obscure members' view of me seizing, but still it kind of sucked having to suddenly be like, "shit, gotta peace out asap. Later!"). My example is obviously a bit extreme, but I think it's one of those instances where trying to cam when unwell can be a bit costly; haven't been back on CB yet, but I imagine when I am later I might have some annoyed members and explaining to do. Bottom line- if you aren't sure tat you can give it your all, might be best to hold off- even just for a little bit to monitor how you feel- and then go for it when you feel like your best self

Financially it sucks but recently I had to take off 2 whole weeks .the first week I was suffering from a decaying tooth, at the end of the week I finally got it pulled but right after I start my period . And I never am able to feel cam worthy during that time of the month.

• Hugs
Reactions: angieivy and Velway
Sorry you aren't feeling good; I can totally understand the desire to try and tough it out (yay income), but at the same time, if you are really feeling miserable and you're not sure that you can hold down the show, I'd sit it out to be perfectly honest. Just last night I had a wicked headache but figured I'd fight through it and cam with my hubby on CB last night- wound up taking with a mild seizure in the middle of the show and we had to call it quits... whoops (luckily since hubby was in the show with me he was able to obscure members' view of me seizing, but still it kind of sucked having to suddenly be like, "shit, gotta peace out asap. Later!"). My example is obviously a bit extreme, but I think it's one of those instances where trying to cam when unwell can be a bit costly; haven't been back on CB yet, but I imagine when I am later I might have some annoyed members and explaining to do. Bottom line- if you aren't sure tat you can give it your all, might be best to hold off- even just for a little bit to monitor how you feel- and then go for it when you feel like your best self

Oh my goodness, I hope you're feeling better! You're really tough for getting through that unnoticed. Stay strong and take care of yourself. :kiss:

Financially it sucks but recently I had to take off 2 whole weeks .the first week I was suffering from a decaying tooth, at the end of the week I finally got it pulled but right after I start my period . And I never am able to feel cam worthy during that time of the month.

*hugs* I understand the period part... I've started using cups, but I can't get comfortable and u constantly feel on edge when camming on my period. I hope everything is working out for you now! :h:

For me it depends how sick I am, and if it's my chronic illness flaring up or actual sickness. If I can run at 75% or better, I'll work. If I'm under that, I'm not going to be useful or productive so it makes more sense to rest so I can be where I need to be tomorrow.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Oh my goodness, I hope you're feeling better! You're really tough for getting through that unnoticed. Stay strong and take care of yourself. :kiss:

Thanks :h: so far so good since then! Did have to take off the early part of last night when I'm normally camming with my partner so that I could save the energy for my solo show later on (I have new girl status on CB right now, so I'm trying to maximize that). Where I'm a spoonie, I've had to learn to budget my energy and prioritize, and I figured the earlier show would tank if I had to work through pain. I figure if I'm not giving it my all, the repeat fans can recognize that, so what good is it to give them a substandard experience?

*hugs* I understand the period part... I've started using cups, but I can't get comfortable and u constantly feel on edge when camming on my period. I hope everything is working out for you now! :h:

I did think about the cups but my attitude is not even close to cam worthy around that time . Thanks for the sympathy though , I know it sucks for most of us anyway . (Hug) you're uber sweet too btw

Status
Not open for further replies.