AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming with a smartphone

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 2016
Who thought this was a good idea? The practice should be banned. All it does is promote low-quality, laggy streams, which I've seen an awful lot of, particularly from new models who are too lazy to even get a laptop set up.

The freedom it offers also invites liability. I mean, I'm seeing girls doing shows while driving and other degenerate stuff, like flashing members while they're in the kitchen with their toddlers in the background.

I have very rarely seen this on CB and it is usually a day when their computer is not available for some reason- not their "go to".
Honestly even if it was their regular way of streaming- it doesn't bother me one bit. I just wont watch their show. I don't really see the point in being bothered by things that I can literally just avoid by not clicking on it. Not trying to be rude, but if you don't like it don't watch.

The other things you mentioned- streaming while driving, or having a kid in the background- are not allowed behavior anyway. It doesn't matter what device they are streaming on. If they keep doing it I'm sure they'll get busted eventually.

Who thought this was a good idea? The practice should be banned. All it does is promote low-quality, laggy streams, which I've seen an awful lot of, particularly from new models who are too lazy to even get a laptop set up.

The freedom it offers also invites liability. I mean, I'm seeing girls doing shows while driving and other degenerate stuff, like flashing members while they're in the kitchen with their toddlers in the background.
The ability to cam from a smart phone does not change the ability to do any of this. All of the above has been happening since inception of camming.

Don't be a party pooper. There will be people who find this very handy and fun.

While I wouldn't enjoy camming form a phone, because how the hell is my blind ass supposed to read the chat, I think it's quite rude to call models "lazy" for doing so. These days, a lot of people don't have an actual computer at all because of the versatility of smartphones, and streaming from your phone is a good way to get started while saving up for a computer.

other models and myself have done private indie skype shows via phone before big box cams even implemented options to do so for years. it was super convenient if I wasn't home where all my camming equipment is kept when i used go on trips or out of town. i'm happy to see sites are starting to see that technology is changing and to keep up with the youth. most young adults (18-21) have a smart phone instead of a laptop so i see it as them keeping with the times. most people starting out already have laggy streams because they don't have better equipment. of course that will improve as the make money. there is also an amateur look. there are people that love the grainy potato amateurish look. i don't get it, but there are people who don't ever bother upgrading because their audience likes the aesthetic, but i digress.

do i think streaming will be a normal thing through phones? no. wireless connections are not sufficient for long term streaming, but a useful new tool to give new people a start and maybe to do some gimmicky shows like Amber mentioned, have been doing since camming has been a thing.

have also you seen the new smart phones? i recorded 1080p video with my google Pixel 3 (rip) and anytime i jumped on periscope it was just as good as a stream as me streaming with a wireless connection with my PC at 720p 30fps.

ps: if you do see a minor on an adult site, i rather hope you report it instead of gossiping about it on public forums. report it to the site and to the fbi. please.
https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Last edited:
For what it's worth, Some models have said they've been able to stream using cell, it seemed like they were a fast networks like verizon. Using 4G LTE Advanced devices, in areas with good signal strength and 4G LTE Advanced coverage.

For lots of people around the world, the only computer they have is Smart Phone. It helps that it's cheap, easy to use, small, includes service, and can be quickly and easily charged. Also, with voice or video chat, you don't always need to read text. And they work great for POV.

That are also some neat gopro like cameras that can stream RTMP. Some of them even have built-in cell and battery.

In the near future, you may see models may be streaming multiple angles at the same time. And you'll be able to choose witch angle you want.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Streamate offers to lead stream with phone using program Neon live streaming, it is preety interesting for me, i was try just a once but loved it, lucky my wi-fi pretty good and i was not notice any problems with quality, I did not try to use the mobile Internet, I think it will not be enough for good connection but phone +wi-fi it is very good idea for some cases or just for a change. Much easier to move around with the phone than to carry a laptop.
Ofcorse, I mainly use a computer, or a laptop - still more comfortable, but try phone streaming was fun!

You buggin

I saw all that stuff on cam sites before phones could even take decent quality videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.