AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camscore & the # of visitors in your room

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heidi

Cam Model
Apr 25, 2011
profiles.myfreecams.com
So I've been reading a lot about camscore on the forums and the equations you guys have come up with, etc... Everyone seems pretty sure in the fact that camscore is mostly affected by tokens. :thumbleft:

However, I think there's something more to the equation....
It just doesn't make sense otherwise, or maybe someone else can explain for me.

Okay, of atleast the past 5 times I've been online, last night I made the LEAST amount of tokens. By the least amount of tokens I mean less than half.

My camscore has been stuck at 2800-3000 for almost 2 months now.
Last night when I first signed on, my camscore was 2874.
Today, it's 3219. It has never been that high. Almost a 400 point jump, and I didn't bring in a ton of tokens, comparatively.

Butttt, I was doing a girl/girl show for the first time and I had more visitors in my room than I've EVER had...like up to 800.

Do you think the # of visitors in your room could have an effect on your camscore? USUALLY more visitors = more tips, or it would seem that way... however for me, that was not the case...I usually house less than 100 and steadily have more premiums/basics than guests.

Just a thought.

Last time I had a big change, it was due to the day that fell off of the 60 days that count. Check your stats to see what happened on March 16th. If it was a notably low day for you, that might be the changing factor?

Miss_Heidi said:
I made 5000 more tokens on March 16th.

This is assuming 60 days is a hard figure - it isn't really known, or if someone does know they're keeping schtum about it for obvious reasons...
It is also rumoured that the amount other models make impacts upon the camscore.

This makes complete sense when you think about it for one reason... camscore reflects how well do you compared to your peers, rather than how well the economic climate is doing...
Therefore if the overall token spending is down, yet you maintain your proportion of tokens earned (i.e. you may physically earn 10% less than you did last year, but overall token spend per day by members is 10% down too) then you maintain a camscore.

This would make good sense as why you can make the exact same amount every day, yet some days your camscore goes up (the tokens you earned may be the same, but as a proportion of tokens spent on you compared to everyone is higher) or down (the tokens may be the same, but as a proportion of the tokens spent on you compared to everyone is lower).

They could have an "average number of viewers" count, and divide it by time online... but... i dunno :D

I've heard it rumored that the raw amount of tokens a camgirl makes is not the central part of the formula. Instead it is tokens made in comparison to the average tokens made by the other models on at the same time as you (or at the time of the calculation).

I'm not sure how much a trust my sources, but if this is true then it may explain the seemingly random changes in your score.

60 days before May 16th would be March 17th, since March has 31 days. Was your token income on March 17th similarly high as compared to May 16th?

...the day the leprechauns came.

I did wonder if the introduction of Most Popular Rooms might be reflected in a change to the camscore formula. The simplest way might be to add the maximum viewers to the score. However, viewers don't mean spenders, as your return showed -- so I'd be surprised if MFC made it a significant factor.

[Don't forget the girl/girl bonus]

There's no way in hell that MFC would make viewer totals a part of camscore, since it seems that the purpose of camscore as a metric is to get the camgirls to make as much money in as little time as possible. This is important because it means that the camgirl is online less, thus lessening the load on their servers. So, why would MFC reward a girl for having a bunch of non-tippers in her room, since all of those non-tippers are a drag on the servers? That's right; they wouldn't.

Runts said:
I've heard it rumored that the raw amount of tokens a camgirl makes is not the central part of the formula. Instead it is tokens made in comparison to the average tokens made by the other models on at the same time as you (or at the time of the calculation).
I've heard that it takes into account the camscores of all the other models. Almost like the Bayesian method. I wouldn't be surprise if MFC was also using a weight on each member/token.

Runts said:
This is important because it means that the camgirl is online less [...]
Yes, and this is what happens. I've seen girls who wouldn't mind to stay online longer, but they always log off because staying online without tips "hurts" their camscores. Of course, there are others who beg for tips, which is worse.

MyCamgirl said:
Runts said:
This is important because it means that the camgirl is online less [...]
Yes, and this is what happens. I've seen girls who wouldn't mind to stay online longer, but they always log off because staying online without tips "hurts" their camscores. Of course, there are others who beg for tips, which is worse.
Runts was pointing out that it seems MFC's camscore system benefits girls who are online less while making many tokens in that short time, rather than girls who make many tokens over a long period of time each day. And when I look at some of the girls with very good camscores right now, it seems true. Some of them are on for just a couple hours a day, and are in private and/or getting great tips for that short time. Maximizing tokens in, minimizing time online.

But your point is true as well. My first 1.5 hours on cam are usually my most token-heavy, and then it gets dead... sometimes it makes me want to log off after that first period since I feel the longer I sit there with no tokens the worse my camscore will be the next day. :)

AmberCutie said:
Runts was pointing out that it seems MFC's camscore system benefits girls who are online less while making many tokens in that short time, rather than girls who make many tokens over a long period of time each day. And when I look at some of the girls with very good camscores right now, it seems true. Some of them are on for just a couple hours a day, and are in private and/or getting great tips for that short time. Maximizing tokens in, minimizing time online.

But your point is true as well. My first 1.5 hours on cam are usually my most token-heavy, and then it gets dead... sometimes it makes me want to log off after that first period since I feel the longer I sit there with no tokens the worse my camscore will be the next day. :)

This is pretty much what I do. After those 1.5 hours, MFC tends to go downhill for most girls. However, if MFC is your only site, 1.5 hours isn't enough time to enjoy your time with your friends completely. So what I've been doing is getting on MFC, using that initial boost to get my score up and make what friends I can... then taking them over with me to SkinVideo if I truely enjoy them. :)

That's where we sit and chat, or cum with it being just us.

AlexLady said:
AmberCutie said:

This is pretty much what I do. After those 1.5 hours, MFC tends to go downhill for most girls. However, if MFC is your only site, 1.5 hours isn't enough time to enjoy your time with your friends completely. So what I've been doing is getting on MFC, using that initial boost to get my score up and make what friends I can... then taking them over with me to SkinVideo if I truely enjoy them. :)

That's where we sit and chat, or cum with it being just us.

This is a great method.

Or, if you've already built up your fan-base and aren't so worried about getting new fans, then just give a big fuck you to the camscore (and MFC in the process) and stay on as long as you like...since camscore only affects your position on the homepage.

Most models don't want to make 100% of their living off of their fans. On one hand, it's rude to them because you're dependent on them. On another, having a third of all types from strangers makes it easier for your fans where you can still make a living. Three, if they get sick or lose their jobs, you're toast. Four, a higher camscore makes it easier to meet new people who are cool, due to the higher exposure and traffic. Yay I have four hands!

Saying fuck you to the camscore just because you have fans isn't a good idea. You need to balance the two. A lot about camming is all about balancing things like this.

bawksy said:
60 days before May 16th would be March 17th, since March has 31 days. Was your token income on March 17th similarly high as compared to May 16th?

March 17th...I made 300 tokens less than I did the other night. Still, the 400 jump seems crazy.

I think you all could be right about the amount of tokens in comparison to other girls online at the time.

Alex..... :clap:

As much as you guys would like us all to say "FU camscore" this is the EXACT reason we can't. Even though we'd like to.

Miss_Heidi said:
bawksy said:

March 17th...I made 300 tokens less than I did the other night. Still, the 400 jump seems crazy.

I think you all could be right about the amount of tokens in comparison to other girls online at the time.

But did you work as long, or longer?

Remember, camscore takes into account how much TIME you were on camera during those sixty days, as well as how many tokens you earned. So if you earned less tokens and worked long hours on day 1, on day 61 when day 1 falls off your camscore will go up a lot more than if you earned less tokens but weren't on very long on day 1.

I STILL don't know if camscore is based on 60 calendar days or 60 working days. Working on that.

LadyLuna said:
Miss_Heidi said:
bawksy said:

Remember, camscore takes into account how much TIME you were on camera during those sixty days, as well as how many tokens you earned. So if you earned less tokens and worked long hours on day 1, on day 61 when day 1 falls off your camscore will go up a lot more than if you earned less tokens but weren't on very long on day 1.

I STILL don't know if camscore is based on 60 calendar days or 60 working days. Working on that.
Calendar days.

LadyLuna said:

Oh sheesh, I don't know...but thanks for the extra insight :)

Status
Not open for further replies.