AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can models visually see users without a webcam?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SCF

May 22, 2022
Hi,

I've been a user of StripChat for a couple of years. I'm a lifetime ultimate user who has spent a fair amount of money on the site. I have never used the cam to cam option in a private. I have found though that it appears that models can, at times, hear you speak audibly as well as be able to visually see you without you webcam camera being focused on you during a public chat. I do not have any problems if this is possible, no privacy issues. My webcam's microphone is active but the camera is never facing me. This would of course make no sense as it is my understanding that a webcam is needed for the capture and transmission of audio and video to the model's page. For instance, say it appears to me like a model is looking at me. If I push my computer chair back 10 feet, the next time she appears to look at me she seems to take some time to refocus or 'find' me. Another example, one time I was speaking while my webcam could technically pickup audio and although I spoke of nothing obscene I was talking away rapidly. The model sent me a message saying that my talking was distracting her. I had not typed any text message to her in public chat and I did not have a private with her. I have also noticed that if I am not wearing any clothes I find at times that models will tend to start to look downwards in their room space and react.

If seeing or hearing a user is technically impossible without a webcam to webcam show how do models make it appear that they are focusing on you, giving the appearance of personal attention?

Thanks,
SCF

Hi,

I've been a user of StripChat for a couple of years. I'm a lifetime ultimate user who has spent a fair amount of money on the site. I have never used the cam to cam option in a private. I have found though that it appears that models can, at times, hear you speak audibly as well as be able to visually see you without you webcam camera being focused on you during a public chat. I do not have any problems if this is possible, no privacy issues. My webcam's microphone is active but the camera is never facing me. This would of course make no sense as it is my understanding that a webcam is needed for the capture and transmission of audio and video to the model's page. For instance, say it appears to me like a model is looking at me. If I push my computer chair back 10 feet, the next time she appears to look at me she seems to take some time to refocus or 'find' me. Another example, one time I was speaking while my webcam could technically pickup audio and although I spoke of nothing obscene I was talking away rapidly. The model sent me a message saying that my talking was distracting her. I had not typed any text message to her in public chat and I did not have a private with her. I have also noticed that if I am not wearing any clothes I find at times that models will tend to start to look downwards in their room space and react.

If seeing or hearing a user is technically impossible without a webcam to webcam show how do models make it appear that they are focusing on you, giving the appearance of personal attention?

Thanks,
SCF
I would imagine because they see 100s if not 1000s of "viewers" a week/ month, and have identified patterns. A lot of people do and say the same stuff, so it becomes easy to read people, and make predictions. The more experience you have and busier you've been, the easier it is, and the more accurate you get at it. Somewhat like darts, but kind of a terrible analogy on my part 😆

Think I See You GIF by DAZN North America

Last edited:
On Stripchat you have to activate the webcam and then the mic, so if you're doing exclusive you're activating the cam and then also enabling the mic (you have to do both of them individually).
Simply turning on the webcam won't enable sound too, so if this is happening it's either a bug or glitch you need to report, or you're somehow turning them both on.

Make sure the next time you're in an Exclusive show, you click the "mic" icon and make sure it's disabled.

But what @yummybrownfox can make sense for sure, if you have 2 cams disable the builtin one - I have my builtin PC one disabled and use my external logitech, never have issues

Hold on, OP is a SC user and is talking about models seeing users (actually *seeing* them not seeing their typed words) in PUBLIC chat?

Can't be done on SC as far as I know, even if the user's cam *is* on.

(is it that time of year for these "The models can see and hear me" posts? 2nd one in a week I think)

I feel guilty laughing OP (original poster). It's just there's been a spate of guys coming here saying that recently, and I kind of wonder if it might be like a bit of an exhibitionist fantasy...

I'm not accusing you of sitting jerking off to this or anything, and if you, are I certainly cannot see you!

ETA; If anyone is genuinely experiencing paranoia though, there's no shame in that (like Audri said before in the other thread). Like she said; good to see a health professional, if that going on. I can guarantee you though... NO CAM MODEL IS WATCHING YOU FOR FREE!!

Last edited:

yeah we have xray machine in our asses and we are all mediums possed by the devil so we can see all 😆 😆 😆

MAN SERIOUSLY !! what the absolute fuck lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe its time to take the money you spend on cammodels and spend it on some therapy. If you dont know where to go, GP is a good place to start.seems like your experiencing paranoia, and should deal with it before it effects your day to day life. Again no shame.

She probably messaged the wrong person, and coincidentally you were talking out loud. Or she was being sarcastic. You werent talking/engaging in chat, so this was her cheeky way to get you to. Seems like you were lurking.

This sounds like a fun game to play when its quiet...

"Yes I can see you, yes I can hear you. Every word, even when you are not near your computer or logged on to the site.... The things you say to your cat! God, who would have thought that about you?!"

I promise to stop listening, just tip 7000tk weekly and I promise to keep my all seeing eye and all hearing ear focused elsewhere."

Too mean?

That might be too far. There are some people out there that will believe things that make absolutely no sense and take aggressive action on the belief Google pizzagate, were a lot of people believed it even though there were lots of things that made zero sense, and at least one person that too a very aggressive action.

That might be too far. There are some people out there that will believe things that make absolutely no sense and take aggressive action on the belief Google pizzagate, were a lot of people believed it even though there were lots of things that made zero sense, and at least one person that too a very aggressive action.
God, I love pizzgate. Nefarious activities are happening in the basement of this pizzeria! Pay no attention to the fact that it has no basement! NEFARIOUS ACTIVITIES!

Are you sure that she didn't mean to say... "why aren't you talking? Are you distracted" (Like you are distracted with your hand) 😉

I don't work on SC but the sites I do work on, you have to activate c2c physically. Its not something that just happens. Also when a model looks direct into the lens, she will appear to be looking directly at you. It's why we do it.

Also when a model looks direct into the lens, she will appear to be looking directly at you. It's why we do it.
This! We have no idea where you are in relation to your computer, we're just looking straight into the camera so it looks like we're making eye contact. Most viewers like the feeling of making eye contact with us even though we're looking at a camera and they're looking at a screen.

Reactions: Emily57 and Ozzie_
This! We have no idea where you are in relation to your computer, we're just looking straight into the camera so it looks like we're making eye contact. Most viewers like the feeling of making eye contact with us even though we're looking at a camera and they're looking at a screen.
That makes sense to me. Thanks.

That makes sense to me. Thanks.
Many times it appears that a model typically looks in a certain number of directions. Is she looking into other monitors some reason. This I find very often. Many models typically stream to more then one site and perhaps there is a monitor per site streamed. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks.

Many times it appears that a model typically looks in a certain number of directions. Is she looking into other monitors some reason. This I find very often. Many models typically stream to more then one site and perhaps there is a monitor per site streamed. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks.
I know models with multiple monitors and yes, they seem to have one site on one monitor and the other site on the other one.

It would be a real bore to stare at one spot on the monitor for the entirety of a stream. Kinda weird too. Of course our eyes move. What is the question?

Often we have multiple monitors or tabs open so we can multitask.

There is no way for someone to see you unless you turn your webcam on and the model accepts to view it.

Are the questions in this thread genuine? :confused:

Often we have multiple monitors or tabs open so we can multitask.

There is no way for someone to see you unless you turn your webcam on and the model accepts to view it.

Are the questions in this thread genuine? :confused:
This. I have a second monitor up where I have the music I'm playing, and I'm usually browsing reddit or window shopping on Amazon as well for something to do between privates. I also have to actually look at the chat to read it, as well as look into the camera to reply. I've had people try to accuse me of being on multiple sites and get mad at me for looking at my other monitor while in free chat. Nope, only streaming in one place, be more interesting than this reddit thread I'm reading and maybe I'll focus my attention on you longer than looking into the camera to answer your silly questions that have one-word answers, like "do you have a big butt". Yes. Back to reddit.

Status
Not open for further replies.