AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Canadian model working with American models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meghan202

Cam Model
Jul 19, 2014
Hey guys!
I am a Canadian model and I've had offers from some really awesome camgirls asking to cam with them! I would totally love to take them up on the offer, but is that legal? I would be working in the U.S. I have some friends in law that I can ask to look into it but I thought some people here might know! I would love to be able to since some of these girls are top models and i know it would not only help me in camming but also just to make new friends!

Reactions: goldenaye666
If you are traveling to the US on any type of tourist Visa B2, you are not allowed to do any type of work while you are in the US. You could apply for work Visa B1 although I think that might be hard to get one as a camgirl. I certainly have seen plenty of foreign camgirls working in the US while here on vacation on vacation.

Reactions: goldenaye666
It's technically illegal but tons of girls do it. :)

Wait! I have a question.

My parents travel a lot to the US with a B2 visa and works to a Brazil company while in a hotel just to check wi-fi and make some clients monthly taxes via internet system from Brazilian Government.

Is that illegal? O_O

they have been doing it for..idk...10 years?

Gween said:
Wait! I have a question.

My parents travel a lot to the US with a B2 visa and works to a Brazil company while in a hotel just to check wi-fi and make some clients monthly taxes via internet system from Brazilian Government.

Is that illegal? O_O

they have been doing it for..idk...10 years?

IANAL but my understanding of the rules is because they are employed by a Brazilian company it is legal. Essentially, if you are on a vacation in foreign country you don't have to stop working. MFC is a US company which changes things.

Also the activity camming seems to fit within the list of prohibited activities.

"Participating as a professional in entertainment or sporting events. "

Reactions: GweenBlack
There are legal and illegal ways to do it. Majority of models do it the illegal way, because customs is such a pain. Models may be better off claiming they're just going on a vacation or to visit family, than admitting they're going to work on the paperwork to make it legal. Many models get denied by customs for trying to travel with a lot of lingerie, sex toys, or photography equipment in their luggage. If you travel with more than what a tourist might have, you might draw extra attention.

It MAY be "illegal" but if so, here is why you'd be fine.

You own your business. You can work your business anywhere in the entire world and it doesn't take from any American citizen. Anybody can do this job (well, you know what I mean) and your job is not in a fixed location. You are your own boss. You are not earning money from an employer rather than a group of people purchasing your product online.

It isn't like you're working in Canada at a Sephora and you are traveling to America to work at an American Sephora and you're stealing the job opportunity of an American.

If you worked a "normal" 9-5 job and part of your job was to answer work emails/take phone calls, but you were on vacation in America, they can not tell you you cannot answer your emails, you know? Your address is in Canada. Your checks go to somewhere in Canada. You are technically still working as a Canadian in Canada when you come here even though you aren't in Canada.

Does this make sense? XD
I hope it does :geek:

KelliMaxx said:

You own your business. You can work your business anywhere in the entire world and it doesn't take from any American citizen. Anybody can do this job (well, you know what I mean) and your job is not in a fixed location. You are your own boss. You are not earning money from an employer rather than a group of people purchasing your product online.

It isn't like you're working in Canada at a Sephora and you are traveling to America to work at an American Sephora and you're stealing the job opportunity of an American.

If you worked a "normal" 9-5 job and part of your job was to answer work emails/take phone calls, but you were on vacation in America, they can not tell you you cannot answer your emails, you know? Your address is in Canada. Your checks go to somewhere in Canada. You are technically still working as a Canadian in Canada when you come here even though you aren't in Canada.

Does this make sense? XD

Yeah, I don't know if this makes it okay, but it makes sense still.

The one thing that does make it questionable (and why you wanna lie to customs) is because they tend to worry that you'll never return to your home country since you're able to work here.

Reactions: GweenBlack
SexyStephXS said:
KelliMaxx said:

Does this make sense? XD

The one thing that does make it questionable (and why you wanna lie to customs) is because they tend to worry that you'll never return to your home country since you're able to work here.

exactly, you just have to prove that you dont want to live there (having a business in your country, bills under your name at your address, flight tickets to get back).

That's how i tranquilize my mind anyways. And i take advantage of my accountancy certificate/company so customs would only bother me if i was a 20 year old cam model traveling to america to meet other girls..that wouldn't sound good.

Also address is always nice to book a cheap hotel/hostel that you can cancel 24 hours before just fill the address. Or have an invitation letter from your friend works too :)

But i am paranoid, that is what I do. I am going to vegas at the end of the year and i will ask for a letter handwritten by the model that is hosting me that i am just a tourist.

Reactions: SexySteph
Gween said:
SexyStephXS said:
KelliMaxx said:

Does this make sense? XD

exactly, you just have to prove that you dont want to live there (having a business in your country, bills under your name at your address, flight tickets to get back).

That's how i tranquilize my mind anyways. And i take advantage of my accountancy certificate/company so customs would only bother me if i was a 20 year old cam model traveling to america to meet other girls..that wouldn't sound good.

Also address is always nice to book a cheap hotel/hostel that you can cancel 24 hours before just fill the address. Or have an invitation letter from your friend works too :)

But i am paranoid, that is what I do. I am going to vegas at the end of the year and i will ask for a letter handwritten by the model that is hosting me that i am just a tourist.

This is a really good idea to protect yourself!
I'm actually looking further into this topic (actually asking a family member who works in America but travels every other week out of country!)

I hope there's an easy answer here because you run an online business.
I feel like it is comparable to an Etsy store, you know?
That would be like saying you can't sell a product on Etsy while you're in America and that would be silly!

I hope we can figure this out :D

SexyStephXS said:
KelliMaxx said:

Does this make sense? XD

Hahaha I would totally run to Canada before America any day if I didn't already live here
:handgestures-salute:

Thanks guys this has been very helpful! I travel quite a bit but I haven't even though of having an address that's a great idea. Quite excited to be able to do this.
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.