AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB Tipping Issue/Questions.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2017
Southeastern USA
Waited a few days to see if it would clear up before posting, but I'm having a terrible issue with tips being severely delayed, and it's like I'm being limited on how fast I can send tips. One of my favorite models came back off of hiatus a few days ago, and during the last two privates I was trying to send "rapid fire" tips by holding the return key and clicking the mouse button like I've always done. The problem is that the tips are being severely delayed, and the rapid fire function seems to be delayed as well by not allowing me to send the next tip until the previous one has registered on the model's end. Not sure what's going on, but wow, it really breaks the immersion and intimacy aspect of the private when it occurs.

I'm not sure if the tipping function is controlled by the quality, or lack thereof, of the model's connection, but after testing it out on other models that I follow, it seems to happen in quite a few rooms. Other rooms it works just fine. So I don't really know what might be going on.

Anyone else ever experience this, or can offer some insight on what might be going on?

I've observed chat sometimes takes a while for messages to post - have you tried writing in chat to see if there's any connection between tipping lag and chat lag?

I see no lag in the chat, but I normaly converse via PM with my favorite models. I wasn't aware that the tipping function and the chat channels shared the same connection. That seems like a recipe for disaster. It's only the tipping function that is affected as far as I can tell.

Upvote 0
I see no lag in the chat, but I normaly converse via PM with my favorite models. I wasn't aware that the tipping function and the chat channels shared the same connection. That seems like a recipe for disaster. It's only the tipping function that is affected as far as I can tell.

I’ve seen occasional lag in PM messages going through. Tipping also, but less frequently. I noticed a while ago that sometimes my ability to tip is hindered by waiting for the interface to fully load.

Upvote 0
My suggestion is get an objective idea of how long the delay is in seconds. One time I got curious and timed the delay with a stopwatch app on my phone, and it was consistently 7 seconds in one model's room. Didn't try any other rooms but I'd say 7 seconds seems decent. But if you're talking about like 25 seconds, I'd talk to support.

Upvote 0
The problem is that the tips are being severely delayed, and the rapid fire function seems to be delayed as well
It seems that the new version of the site has modified the tip process to ensure that the tip is really arrived to the model before sending another one. I think that it waits now a return from the chat to allow another tip sending.
This introduced a little delay in tipping and rapid fire is no more so as rapid as it was months ago.
If you switch to legacy site, you'll retrieve your good old rapid-fire ;) (but it's less secure and a bit aggressive in chat in terms of bandwidth occupation)

You can observe another delay : between chat and video, but this I think that you figured already. When you tip, you can hear your own sound coming from your interface and later the model's sound coming from her video. By this way, you can measure the stream delay, this one can be often as long as 20 seconds depending on the day and servers used (ie between US and Europe, when crossing Atlantlic ^^)

Upvote 0
You can observe another delay : between chat and video, but this I think that you figured already. When you tip, you can hear your own sound coming from your interface and later the model's sound coming from her video. By this way, you can measure the stream delay, this one can be often as long as 20 seconds depending on the day and servers used (ie between US and Europe, when crossing Atlantlic ^^)

Yes, the delay between chat/video has always been there for me. It seems to range between 6-10 seconds on average. I’ve come to enjoy that delay though. I like the brief moment of anticipation, lol. Gives me time to properly observe the models reaction to my tip or comment.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
It seems that the new version of the site has modified the tip process to ensure that the tip is really arrived to the model before sending another one. I think that it waits now a return from the chat to allow another tip sending.
This introduced a little delay in tipping and rapid fire is no more so as rapid as it was months ago.
If you switch to legacy site, you'll retrieve your good old rapid-fire ;) (but it's less secure and a bit aggressive in chat in terms of bandwidth occupation)

Ahh..so it was a site design that is causing the tip delay. Ughh..

Odd thing is that I tried it out with a different browser(MS Edge) and the delay doesn't seem so apparent, and rapid fire seems to work a LOT better using the Edge browser.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.