AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Certain video capping sites - Method to stop him in his tracks

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why even use a cam name then and not your real name?
C'mon, you're smarter than that comment.
I don't see the disadvantage in looking for methods to reduce getting recorded in public chat all the time.
The disadvantage of using geoblocking SOLELY as a means to be less recorded is having less traffic from possibly high paying areas.

Models that use geoblocking moreso to not be recognized locally in their city is a different thing, and understandable. The way @Songbird_Shelly uses it is very reasonable. Using it to block an entire country because you think there's an auto-recorder-bot from there is pretty unreasonable. Just like when models were convinced turning off their HD feed on MFC would stop auto recordings. At what cost? How many paying members might you turn off by denying this desired feature?

I agree with the points below by @MarinaThyme

It's just my opinion that it's a waste of energy worrying about your "exposure" in this industry. You're putting your naked parts on the internet for money. Exposure is kind of the point. More exposure tends to translate to more money.
Sometimes I sigh to myself when I see models stressing themselves sick, and spending more time and money removing recordings from cap sites that they could be spending on actual content making or camming. Mainly because:
most of the time, when you have 10 pieces of content removed, 20 more are uploaded. Thats just the way it is.

Guests and basics (muted or not) can still see what you're doing on cam without paying. If you're doing a countdown, anyone can have a seat and wait for the tipping members to meet that goal and enjoy the same show the tippers are enjoying, free. That's just how token sites work.
We aren't losing money by recordings of our free public shows being out there. In fact we may make a little more here and there by the exposure possibly drawing in a new fan once in a while (it happens, I've experienced this often even when someone comes across a video I made for sale... ) But you can't explain that to someone who's deadset on thinking otherwise.

Sometimes I sigh to myself when I see models stressing themselves sick, and spending more time and money removing recordings from cap sites that they could be spending on actual content making or camming.

So much this!! In this industry time is money. By spending so much time and energy on techniques to "block being recorded" and taking down those recordings already up you only really harm your own income. Probably more so than the capped shows do.

The reason why i'm even so invested in this is not even solely my personal feelings towards it. I was once hired by a studio, didn't know what sites I would be put on, was even lied to about it. No mention of any adult nature in it. I still know some girls just like me. They never had any intention of ever appearing on an adult camsite and much less getting recorded while sitting there. Yes, just sitting there and waiting until the contract is over. I found my peace with it, even came back independent but I know it makes girls really sad and bitter and somehow I'd like to help them at least reduce it again. For these girls I'm doing the research and believe me, the camsites are full of girls like that.

• Hugs
Reactions: yummybrownfox
The reason why i'm even so invested in this is not even solely my personal feelings towards it. I was once hired by a studio, didn't know what sites I would be put on, was even lied to about it. No mention of any adult nature in it. I still know some girls just like me. They never had any intention of ever appearing on an adult camsite and much less getting recorded while sitting there. Yes, just sitting there and waiting until the contract is over. I found my peace with it, even came back independent but I know it makes girls really sad and bitter and somehow I'd like to help them at least reduce it again. For these girls I'm doing the research and believe me, the camsites are full of girls like that.

Are you talking about an in-person non-adult modeling job (modeling has so many different categories...hand modeling (“parts”)...runway...portrait...etc.)? They didn’t have you sign a contract that spelled out what would be done with the content?

Or are you referring to like webcam studios?

Not trying to be a dick here but wouldn't girls who are working on an adult site and not know it (not sure how they wouldn't if they have to get naked etc) not be able to region block or do any of these things mentioned to prevent recordings anyways? If they have no control over what they are even doing at the studio how would they even access their account to geo block?

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Are you talking about an in-person non-adult modeling job (modeling has so many different categories...hand modeling (“parts”)...runway...portrait...etc.)? They didn’t have you sign a contract that spelled out what would be done with the content?

Or are you referring to like webcam studios?

Common way of recruiting by my former studio are ads for hostess jobs for fashion labels. Some days before the job starts or even on the first day the girls get told, that right now there no free hostess jobs available but until there are, there is an alternative "paid customer chat" on sites like facebook but with rich Americans who pay to talk to girls. These sites then turn out to be adult camsites.

• Sorry to hear that.
Not trying to be a dick here but wouldn't girls who are working on an adult site and not know it (not sure how they wouldn't if they have to get naked etc) not be able to region block or do any of these things mentioned to prevent recordings anyways? If they have no control over what they are even doing at the studio how would they even access their account to geo block?

We don't realize that our "customers" want more than just talk to us until the job starts. Hell even then, when users ask us to undress many will say "What? Are you crazy? Why the hell should I undress for you???" We don't use the sites directly, we use another system to log in, so we don't realize we are on adult sites by looking at other chat rooms. We can only see our own room for the first days. Of course we have zero idea of region blocks, recordings bots etc. We know nothing at all. Geo blocking can be done, some regions are blocked right away and we can tell the administrators who create and administer our model account to add more if we want.

We don't realize that our "customers" want more than just talk to us until the job starts. Hell even then, when users ask us to undress many will say "What? Are you crazy? Why the hell should I undress for you???" We don't use the sites directly, we use another system to log in, so we don't realize we are on adult sites by looking at other chat rooms. We can only see our own room for the first days. Of course we have zero idea of region blocks, recordings bots etc. We know nothing at all. Geo blocking can be done, some regions are blocked right away and we can tell the administrators who create and administer our model account to add more if we want.
So the studio won't tell you that you are working on a camsite but they will let you region block? Im just trying to understand how these methods of reducing being recorded would even help these types of girls who have no access to their account settings.

We know it's a camsite, just not that it's an adult camsite. We're told it's like facebook chat but with cam.

The region block method is of course not the ideal solution, not at all, bad compromise. No idea how long it will even work. I'm hoping for another way plus finding a way to have screenshots deleted from these stubborn sites in case they are created.

Yes I did and in my opinion that's always a poor answer. I've seen similar things in the I.T. world many times.

All that means is the privileged few might get some information to help but others who might need it are excluded. Not all models are verified on this site, and not are models are even aware of this site. So by limiting the range of information, assuming it's even good information, you are excluding it from models that might benefit from it. That hurts the models more then it impacts the cappers.

Security through Obscurity is not Security.

Note: I'm not trying to be combative or start an argument. I just simply disagree with you on this.

To be honest, your opinion is irrelevant to me.

"Not all models are verified on this site" so what? this thread isn't in a restricted area

To all, there is no "blocking" involved geo or otherwise, there is no code, apps, plugins, vpns, programming of any kind

It is simply a change in the way that you cam, to make it immediately public could allow the programmer to circumvent it. It is actually using what I believe to be a flaw in the original programming

If it is successful and works for those people who have asked then I hope they will report back here and it can then be made more public

To be honest, your opinion is irrelevant to me.

"Not all models are verified on this site" so what? this thread isn't in a restricted area

To all, there is no "blocking" involved geo or otherwise, there is no code, apps, plugins, vpns, programming of any kind

It is simply a change in the way that you cam, to make it immediately public could allow the programmer to circumvent it. It is actually using what I believe to be a flaw in the original programming

If it is successful and works for those people who have asked then I hope they will report back here and it can then be made more public
Again just adding in here. There is no way any method will stop being recorded 100%. No way.

Again just adding in here. There is no way any method will stop being recorded 100%. No way.

Again, for the second time, I agree with you. What is your point in saying it twice?

Does it not occur to you some people may find some personal satisfaction in thwarting a notorious capper

Again, for the second time, I agree with you. What is your point in saying it twice?

Does it not occur to you some people may find some personal satisfaction in thwarting a notorious capper
I don't want new girls getting the wrong idea that anything is a fool proof way of stopping it.

Whilst I agree there is and never will be a fool proof way of stopping any capper (bot or human), it's good to make it as difficult as possible for them, no?
I tried the method for a model friend and she did a show this morning and ended 5 hours ago, no upload of her show today so far. SO this method seems to work - only tried it once but so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.