AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Changing the Tip Menu Prices

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JennyFae

Cam Model
Jul 21, 2017
Nevada, USA
stripchat.com
Twitter Username
@jennyfae_mfc
MFC Username
JennyFae
Streamate Username
Jennyfae
Chaturbate Username
diehardkum
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000714266/JennyFaeMFC/
So I've had the same tip menu now for about a year. My cammiversary is in May, and around then I would like to raise the prices on it. I'm worried that'll turn off my regular viewers and tippers though. And I can't just keep raising the prices of my videos forever. Members, what do you think, I don't see many girls doing this.

I feel changing the prices after a year is not unreasonable. Maybe give your regulars some advance notice so they can buy some videos before they get more expensive.

For videos, I don't think that's a big deal. I agree that if you give your regulars a heads-up about the upcoming price increase, it'll be fine. If they haven't bought them yet and they don't buy them after you tell them, they probably weren't going to be buying videos anyway.

As for regular tip menu items, it would depend on what items on your menu you plan to increase and by how much. If you take a page from retail sales, you want to make it seem like the customer is getting a better deal, while at the same time increasing your revenue. For example, if you had before 1x Spank for 10t, make the new price 3x Spanks @ 25t. What you want to try to avoid as best as you can is a straight up increase for the same thing (e.g. song request @ 100t > 150t). If you can, come up with new menu items to mix it up, and avoid those 1-to-1 comparisons. But then next year, you can come back to this same menu with increased prices after everyone has forgotten what it used to cost.

In the end, your regulars should understand that it's a business and things can't stay the same forever.

I am new to camming but def experience in the world of getting tips in the adult business. I was a stripper for many years. In my experience raising prices is not always the best thing. @Wolf_3_5_9 said it best. Add new items to your menu or a new menu completely with different things. For instance when I was a dancer and lapdances were 25 bucks. If management changed them to 30 it was very hard to sell them because customers complained. BUUUT when management did a 2 for 45 but shortened the dance time down a minute it was a way easier sell. Experiment with ideas on paper and you will come up with new things. Basics like song tip etc keep those the same. Its the sexual stuff I would be creative with.

-Rachel

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lunasha
Status
Not open for further replies.