AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate and MFC pros and cons?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariana_

Inactive Cam Model
Apr 2, 2017
West Coast
So far I've only worked on Chaturbate. I've earned less so far than I had hoped, but I'm adjusting my expectations to be more realistic :) on a good night it works out to be somewhere between 25 and 35 dollars an hour.

I'm becoming very tired of the site itself however. I don't think CB cares about their models whatsoever, and a lot of the time the culture is fairly toxic in the rooms. However the top rooms are EXTREMELY active with models getting crazy amounts of viewers and tips (I've seen over $1,800 for one shift). When I've looked into MFC cam rooms, they seem to have lower numbers of viewers, with tips being fairly spaced out. I know bigger tips are much more common on there, does it about even out?

I guess I'm just wondering in general which site performers on here prefer, and for what reasons. Any feedback whatsoever is super appreciated! :cat:

Going to mfc depends on how well you handle stress.

Chaturbate:
Chaturbate is my first site, when I were a new model. I have grown to love chaturbate, as if it's my home.

Pros:
- App bots to help with shows (e.g: Auto-Goal, wheel of fortune, multi-bot, no free demands, etc)
- hidden shows / ticket shows. Members have to buy a ticket to watch a hidden show.
- no camscore
- The community
- decent spenders
- Decent traffic
- HD streams
- Fixed private show. You can now set a timer so they can't leave, until the timer expires. This has really made me feel more comfortable and not worry about wasting my time in a 1 minute private show.

Cons:
- The site goes under maintenance without warning.
- Buggy: blank preview on homepage, chat errors, chat not showing.
- low traffic, if you're on the back pages.
You are hard to find.
- Abusive members
- A lot of lurkers who will watch shows for free. Members sitting quietly.
- Model accounts banned.

MyFreeCam:
I worked for 6 months on this site, so not a lot of experienced. I do have a few tips I can give, from my time working on mfc.

Pros:
- Decent spenders
- Charliebot (e.g: I wasn't using mfc, when there was a bot. It is free to use, it'll help run your shows)

Cons:
- Camscore (if you are earning nothing or very little, each hour. Your camscore will drop)
- Members sitting quietly
- abusive members
- low camscore = barely any traffic

I can't think of anything else, but I hope this helps!

Last edited:
I just want to get notifications for this thread! Personally I tried cb as a 'secondary' for split camming and never paid much attention to it and so I never really understood it. Same with mfc, I don't think I could even get my cam to turn on

Going to mfc depends on how well you handle stress.
Hmm, that definitely makes me wary of joining at this point. My mental health might not quite be up to par at this point in my life haha. Thanks for the response :)

Chaturbate:
Chaturbate is my first site, when I were a new model. I have grown to love chaturbate, as if it's my home.

Pros:
- App bots to help with shows (e.g: Auto-Goal, wheel of fortune, multi-bot, no free demands, etc)
- hidden shows / ticket shows. Members have to buy a ticket to watch a hidden show.
- no camscore
- The community
- decent spenders
- Decent traffic
- HD streams
- Fixed private show. You can now set a timer so they can't leave, until the timer expires. This has really made me feel more comfortable and not worry about wasting my time in a 1 minute private show.

Cons:
- The site goes under maintenance without warning.
- Buggy: blank preview on homepage, chat errors, chat not showing.
- low traffic, if you're on the back pages.
You are hard to find.
- Abusive members
- A lot of lurkers who will watch shows for free. Members sitting quietly.
- Model accounts banned.

MyFreeCam:
I worked for 6 months on this site, so not a lot of experienced. I do have a few tips I can give, from my time working on mfc.

Pros:
- Decent spenders
- Charliebot (e.g: I wasn't using mfc, when there was a bot. It is free to use, it'll help run your shows)

Cons:
- Camscore (if you are earning nothing or very little, each hour. Your camscore will drop)
- Members sitting quietly
- abusive members
- low camscore = barely any traffic

I can't think of anything else, but I hope this helps!
This was suuuuper helpful! The idea of having to constantly worry about my camscore makes me wary of joining MFC, right now at least. I'm just already so tired of feeling jerked around by the people who run CB :( but the site definitely has a long list of good things going for it too! Thanks for the feedback :cat:

I just want to get notifications for this thread! Personally I tried cb as a 'secondary' for split camming and never paid much attention to it and so I never really understood it. Same with mfc, I don't think I could even get my cam to turn on
What exactly is split camming? Sometimes when I'm watching a cam on CB I'll hear a weird little noise that I very recently figured out was the tip noise on MFC. How does it work to run two shows at once? I'm so intrigued! Haha

What exactly is split camming? Sometimes when I'm watching a cam on CB I'll hear a weird little noise that I very recently figured out was the tip noise on MFC. How does it work to run two shows at once? I'm so intrigued! Haha
Well some girls use a software that can stream their cam to multiple sites at once, you have to have a really strong computer for that though... I just set up two laptops and put the cams right next to each other on one so they're both at pretty much the same angle. Its just being on multiple sites at once. I've only ever done two at a time and it's difficult and makes it kinda obvi that your not paying attention to one or the other. And then there's the noises, when one site makes a sound for instance and you react to it I think it confuses people on the other site. I've heard of girls streaming on four sites at once, It's a lot to keep up with but some can do it :)

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ariana_
Are you more into MFC/CB for the public chat/token potential?
I'm actually not sure how into the whole setup I am. I made this thread before I did more research and decided to try out Streamate. I've been getting really irritated with all of the freeloaders who pay $0.00 and still get to see all of me :( But I do enjoy the social aspect of CB! I would love a site that both pays well and has a strong sense of community. Which do you prefer?

Reactions: KarlaKaress
I'm actually not sure how into the whole setup I am. I made this thread before I did more research and decided to try out Streamate. I've been getting really irritated with all of the freeloaders who pay $0.00 and still get to see all of me :( But I do enjoy the social aspect of CB! I would love a site that both pays well and has a strong sense of community. Which do you prefer?

I work on Streamate and I love it! I tried working on MFC, and I feel the same way as you. I depise freeloaders lol

I started with MFC, and then my camscore kept getting lower and lower, and less and less people showed up. Camscore on MFC is based on a 60 day average, so if you make 3000 tokens in one go, it still might not raise your score by much.

I liked how MFC had PM's AND a mailing service.

CB has PM, but only if the person is in your room, no mailing service and you can't post links there or mention certain words of specific programs (because it draws people away from the site).

MFC has more lax rules than CB. You can have Bad Dragon/Fantasy type dildo's on MFC. CB prohibits this.

You can drink libations of all breeds and fashion on MFC, if that's your thing, CB prohibits this.

CB DOES have better bots and lets you put pics/vid on your profile that can be purchased at any time (if you're offline) the automation is nice!

• Helpful!
The idea of having to constantly worry about my camscore makes me wary of joining MFC
I Just ignore the cam score and focus on building regular viewers. I did worry about it at first, but it doesn't help to stress, you can't force it to change. I just sit back and tease and do my thing and it can take a while but my room will pick up and people will start talking and tipping. There are times I'm on for a couple hours without much happening and then it starts to fill up. One thing I've noticed (and appreciate) is people actually do come back on MFC. I was away for a couple weeks (out of town and then got sick) and when I came back, the same people as before were there and welcoming me back and happy to see me. Slowly but surely, I hope to get more successful as long as I keep at it and I'm patient.
It would be cool if they added something to boost your popularity for a short time, like giving up so many tokens to be on the front page for an hour to drive people to your room.

There is one major difference between MFC and CB that contributes largely to how sociable people are on these sites that I haven't seen mentioned. Basically, MFC chatrooms show member names on the side of the chat room while CB shows it on a separate tab. Also, MFC allows members to customize their fonts and colors. So on MFC, it's easy to see who are the regulars and over time you associate these members with their fonts and colors. Every time you go into a room with a lot of regulars, you feel like you are among friends. Granted I have never really been on CB much but I imagine this effect is muted because of the user interface. I think just like the bots on CB, the member colors are useful for models but not much use for members. So perhaps as a model you have a better experience on CB but as a member, I far prefer the chat experience on MFC.

Personally I hated chaturbate so many demanding members that just expect you to get naked for nothing.

Mfc is hit or miss for me. I have a lot of fun on there but my camscore is fairly low so traffic is hard to come by.

Streamate seems to have the most potential for me but still haven't really found the sweet spot yet.

Maybe I suck at camming lolol

• Hugs
As a member and model I much prefer MFC to CB, unfortunately they don't let me cam on MFC. The cam score thing really shouldn't be a big deal, keep it above 1k and you should be fine. I feel like the user culture on MFC is way better even if there are more freeloaders. I actually like to go on MFC and just hang out and chat. I can't say the same about CB. CB's search features and filters are pretty bad too, especially compared to MFC.

Personally I hated chaturbate so many demanding members that just expect you to get naked for nothing.

Mfc is hit or miss for me. I have a lot of fun on there but my camscore is fairly low so traffic is hard to come by.

Streamate seems to have the most potential for me but still haven't really found the sweet spot yet.

As models we often say that all tips are appreciated, but fuck...this 1-token tip thing being the norm on Chaturbate (Or in my room, at least) is maddening. And it's coming from members who I can tell are only tipping me that 1 token because they really wanna ask me a question ("Ever had white cock bb?" or "Watch my cam bb?"). I'm actually shocked when I get a tip of 10 tokens or more on that site, and half the time that's coming from a fellow broadcaster who probably feels a little sorry for me. Lol. I mean damn, I seem to be doing a little better on Phrendly than on Chaturbate. Lol.

*In my Jerry Seinfeld voice* And what's the deal with these grays on Chaturbate posting that "Maybe a private show?" emote? Haha. That's just so odd. They won't say a word in your chat, but will post that strange emote. Like why are you even mentioning a private show when you don't have tokens, and will just leave the room anyway when I say how many tokens minimum are needed to go private? Lol.

My experience on Chaturbate has really made me start missing the fuck outta MyFreeCams...yes, low cam score and all. LOL.

Not true at all; you just haven't hit your stride yet. :) Have you tried looking at your stats on SM?

Status
Not open for further replies.