AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate not paying out tokens to Models, can users reasonably expect to have their tips returned ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2023
Gday,

A mate whom I have known on CB for a couple of years now has had her account banned, and CB refuse to pay out her tokens.

Without going in to her side of things (and she has sent me all the emails between herself and CB support - the usual dismissive responses from them for the first few, and now they just seem to not respond), I do want to ask a serious question that arises as a result.

Should users of Chaturbate have a reasonable expectation that Tokens they tip to models are actually passed on to the Model ?
(The funny thing is here, I cannot find anywhere within the cb terms and conditions that say CB will give the token value to the recipient model, but their support page on the website does say that tokens are paid out at $0.05 per token)

I have sent an email to Chaturbate Support asking them to return to me the tokens that they are not passing on to the model, or course they ignored that question and just gave the generic response of "...we do not share personal or account information with other users...". I did not ask for personal information, I just want to see my tokens given to the model as I intended, or else CB return them to me.

This issue has made me realise that while I can happily be tipping several thousand of tokens each week thinking that about 60% of what I spend on the site goes to the models, I have utterly no way of holding Chaturbate to account for that.

Any thoughts ?

This is an interesting point since CB is ban happy at the best of times, and their TOS actually state that they can ban people for no reason at all.

"We may, in our sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Platform at any time, with or without notice, for any reason or no reason at all, including, without limitation, breach of this Agreement"

I absolutely doubt they will ever even consider returning your tokens to you. They should be paid out to the models in the first place and if they are not doing that, I strongly doubt they will go and return tokens to members who have spent on subsequently banned models.

Upvote 0
Agreed, it is an interesting point. I suppose the crux of it is that you pay the website for tokens, not services. And those tokens are redeemed for the services of a cam model, who in turn are paid by the website/platform based on the conditions they signed up to.

In effect, you’ve already redeemed those services when you tip and after you’ve bought the tokens from the site to tip.

I’d be angry too, because regardless of the ‘system’ I want those tokens to be paid to the model for the service they provided, despite whatever infringement took place outside of my time in the room.

CB just sounds like the worst…

Upvote 0
I agree with you @CallMeMaria as I also doubt that CB will return my tokens to me. But that was not why I wrote to CB support in the first place. I wrote to them at the models request. English is not her first language, she was getting the run around by cb support, and this is her livelihood ! It was my wish that CB would pay her the tokens she has earned, like both yourself and @Maxi_P suggested they should. I was hoping that by approaching her issue from a different viewpoint it could make CB see sense more quickly.

What I had not realised until looking into her issue (mainly through this forum) was that some of the Models who have posted here seem to accept it as 'fact' that sometimes CB will not payout what has been given to them. I don't understand how anyone could accept that.

It seems to me (from a Users viewpoint, not a model) that CB should just do what it says on their "Getting Paid" website article and pay the model at the $0.05 rate per token.

If they don't pay the model for tokens earned, why shouldn't they return the tipped tokens to the users ??

If Chaturbate do not do one of those two things, then it seems to me that they have either at best deceived me (and perhaps many thousands of other users of their site) by stating what they say on the website, or at worst, they have committed theft (perhaps at a large scale, ... I do not know).

I would be grateful to hear @punker barbie 's thoughts on this issue.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Oh honey....punker barbie's thoughts are always "i can confirm that support has replied to your request" or whatever.
Yes .. well it has been a week now, and Chaturbate has not replied to my email, and have not payed back my tokens.

Can you please help @punker barbie ?? ..seems impossible to get Chaturbate Support to actually give any meaningful reply to emails.

I would have thought that Chaturbate would have wanted to deny at the earlier opportunity any accusation that they are indeed effectively stealing tokens from their users, but apparently that is not the case. As they don't seem to want to deny that they are stealing, it increases my belief that they actually are.

(My mate who has not had her tokens payed out to her confirms that is still the case, and she is now having difficulty paying her rent - CB was her only source of income, which now seems to have disappeared in a puff of Californian thievery)

Upvote 0
I recently was banned from CB, because of someone that reported me. Thankfully, I got my account back and when I logged in, I saw that the Admin refunded ✨16✨ tokens to the user that tipped me during my show. I strongly believe that this user was the one who reported me, because he was the only one who got refunded from that show. So, I don't know much about your case, but in my case, CB did refund the user.

Reactions: RobRoskoff
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.