AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Comfort foods

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2013
Hey y'all, I searched the forum and didn't see a topic on this so I hope it's okay to post and ask about it. A little background first, I spent nearly this entire past weekend in the hospital and quite frankly the food sucked; by Saturday night I was craving a whopper from BK so stinking bad but had nobody to call and ask if they would get me one (hey, I gladly would've paid for an extra.). Anyways, what I got that night was some rubberized "grilled" chicken, some mashed potato paste, cold and soggy green beans, a piece of cornbread (which actually wasn't that bad to a starving guy,) the worse sweet tea I've ever had in my life and one small slice of carrot cake for dessert.

So here's my question for y'all: when you're not feeling well or just want something down home good to eat what do you turn to? What are your comfort foods?

If I have a cold or some short-term illness I want bacon. Lots of bacon. ALL THE BACON. Bacon grilled cheese sandwich is my go-to.

For hangovers, I always beg someone to get me either fish 'n chips or the 2 piece fish with cheese-sticks instead of fries and extra hushpuppies from Long John Silvers if I'm in the US.

I'm a geasel (that's an engine that runs on recycled vegetable oil instead of diesel fuel). When I feel run-down I always eat something deep-friend and usually feel better in a couple hours. My body is weird, and sometimes rebels when I've forgotten to eat junk for awhile.

ETA: Oh, and pork chops, fried potatoes, and macaroni and cheese is my favorite meal, hands down. My mom makes it for me when I come for a visit.

I'm partial to meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and some sort of veggies. And breakfast foods. I could eat breakfast anytime during the day. Scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, bacon, sausage patties...maybe throw in some hash browns, even grits.

I've just made myself HONGRY! Who wants to come eat with moi?

There's this particular Lipton noodle soup that I crave anytime I'm feeling even slightly off. I always have a few pouches stocked up in my pantry.

Also, grilled cheese, chicken nuggets, or macaroni and cheese are some go-to comfort foods for me.

Pho! The first time I had it, I was super sick and congested, and it made me feel miles better, so now when I am sad or sick, I crave pho.

Chicken noodle soup is my favorite if I'm feeling under the weather, but it has to be home made, that stuff from the can just doesn't cut it.

Reactions: eyeteach
Can of Tomato Soup with some saltines crushed in. A grilled cheese sandwich. Glass of 7-up.
It seems to be something I can tolerate whenever I get sick.

GenXoxo said:
Pho! The first time I had it, I was super sick and congested, and it made me feel miles better, so now when I am sad or sick, I crave pho.

I have no die what pho is but you rock that pho girl!

Reactions: KyraFortune and Gen
AuroraKnight said:
MelodyFaye said:
Spaghetti pie.
What is spaghetti pie?

You mix cooked spaghetti noodles, eggs and parmesan cheese together in a baking dish. Then put cottage cheese, spaghetti sauce & meat on top & bake it. It gives it this texture that is different than just baked spaghetti.
No idea why it's called pie :)

luckily i dont feel "off" very often [knock wood] since I do 95% of the cooking here. When I do, if I'm not too bad, I will make some chicken and dumplings. NOT those God-awful ones with flattened biscuits in a can either ! I prefer the real puffy, light texture cloud shaped ones made with Bisquick. Problem with this is that its sooo good, I eat too much and feel really full.
damn... now I'm hungry. Guess I'll go to the store and grab a chicken. :-D

If I'm throwing up, I can basically only eat fruit or Jello.
If it's a mild hangover, I love greasy fast food like a burger or breakfast. Eggs, sausage, toast. But no OJ if I think it might come up. OJ is painful to throw up!

But seriously, if you are sick or have a hangover, drink a whole bottle of Pedialyte. Most sick like symptoms are due to dehydration and Pedialyte is the best for that!!

MelodyFaye said:
AuroraKnight said:
MelodyFaye said:
Spaghetti pie.
What is spaghetti pie?

You mix cooked spaghetti noodles, eggs and parmesan cheese together in a baking dish. Then put cottage cheese, spaghetti sauce & meat on top & bake it. It gives it this texture that is different than just baked spaghetti.
Omg! This is an old family recipe of mine!! No one I know has heard of it before! We make it a little different though and the top part is all pizza ingredients so we call it Spaghetti Pizza.

PlayboyMegan said:
MelodyFaye said:
AuroraKnight said:
MelodyFaye said:
Spaghetti pie.
What is spaghetti pie?

Omg! This is an old family recipe of mine!! No one I know has heard of it before! We make it a little different though and the top part is all pizza ingredients so we call it Spaghetti Pizza.

Yay! I know, no one has ever heard of this but it's delish. M's family makes the version like yours. Like with pepperoni on top and it looks like pizza. Delicious either way :)

That's why it's my comfort food too because it's a family thing and something no one else makes so I can't get it anywhere.

PlayboyMegan said:
If I'm throwing up, I can basically only eat fruit or Jello.
If it's a mild hangover, I love greasy fast food like a burger or breakfast. Eggs, sausage, toast. But no OJ if I think it might come up. OJ is painful to throw up!

But seriously, if you are sick or have a hangover, drink a whole bottle of Pedialyte. Most sick like symptoms are due to dehydration and Pedialyte is the best for that!!

My sick day foods are always saltine crackers, gingerale and orange or grapefruit (I know acidic is terrible to puke but it makes me feel cleansed somehow).

If I'm hungover I love a big hearty breakfast and gatorade!

hmm... if I feel sickish, I try to figure out what I can eat without throwing up. Or I try to think back at what I have been eating and figure out what my diet is missing. These days, it's usually potassium, so I grab bananas.

But I've always thought of comfort food as what I eat on a sweat-pants day. You know, the "I don't feel like doing anything!" day. So...

Mashed potatoes with brown gravy.
Mac and cheese with cut-up hotdogs.
Brownies.
Ice cream. (especially if I ever find those fudge swirl cones I used to eat in middle school...)
Fries (absolutely any form of these)
Tomato soup with shredded cheese, croutons, and bacon bits
Green beans from a can.
Fresh pancakes or frozen waffles.
Bananas, milk, and brown sugar

Comfort foods that I can't usually get:

baklava
spinach and feta cheese triangles
(there was another that I can't think of right now, and I have to go)

LadyLuna said:
Mac and cheese with cut-up hotdogs
(there was another that I can't think of right now, and I have to go)

Have you ever substituted smoked sausage for the hotdogs? Extra primo goodness!

Reactions: RosalieDay
Sick day/days I can't seem to get warm grilled cheese and tomato soup always do the trick. On sweat pants days:
Tumbleweed chips and queso
McDonald's fries but super hot and salty
Cheesecake
Mac and cheese
Mandarin oranges and cottage cheese
Beef jerky
Or any kind of melon

I should avoid this thread. It makes me so hungry!

Oooh, cozy fall food aka Thanksgiving dinner! If you like pumpkin flavored things, the real pumpkin not the weird artificial flavor, pumpkin cheesecake is delicious! I made it last year and ate the entire thing myself. I must say I was very comforted.

Chili, I forgot about chili!

Status
Not open for further replies.