AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Community

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh that's awful. NBC has no clue what they're doing it seems.

They're shits. I can't believe they'd do this to me... How dare they?? :(

I'm going through Season 2 again at the moment (it's finally out on DVD in England now). Basic Rocket Science, Epidemiology, Cooperative Calligraphy, Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design, Mixology Certification, Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas, Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, Critical Film Studies, Paradigms of Human Memory, A Fistfull of Paintballs/For a Few Paintballs More - any one of those episodes could easily eclipse the single best episode from just about any other show. Most shows are lucky to get one episode as good as any of those listed in its entire run - Community had eleven of them in one season :-D

Chevy Chase has walked! With two episodes left to film, Chase has quit. Don't know if they've filmed an exit for him or not. Kinda sad that Pierce is no longer and kind of annoyed that had Chevy left at the end of Season 3, Dan Harmon might still be around :(

mynameisbob84 said:
Chevy Chase has walked! With two episodes left to film, Chase has quit. Don't know if they've filmed an exit for him or not. Kinda sad that Pierce is no longer and kind of annoyed that had Chevy left at the end of Season 3, Dan Harmon might still be around :(

I read months ago he was mad at the things they were making his character do. He is big on civil rights in real life.

So... who saw it and what did y'all think?

Before watching it, I read a whole bunch of reviews for it - message board comments, twitter comments, what have you - and the overwhelming consensus was "it's not Dan Harmon's Community". Which I thought was unfair. It's not Dan Harmon's Community any longer but that's not an objective criticism. Before watching it, I was kinda dismissive of all the armchair critics second guessing what Harmon's fourth season of Community might have looked like only to bemoan the fact that the twenty minutes of televison they watched last night didn't mesh with their vision of Dan Harmon's vision for the show. Now having watched it, the only way I could describe it is as being... not Dan Harmon's Community :(

It lacked the charm, the wit, the intelligence, the soul of Dan Harmon's Community. A Hunger Games parody? Why? Community re-imagined as a sitcom recorded before a live audience? Hey, that's the kind of thing Dan Harmon might do. But whereas Harmon might have done something clever or loving or creative with that homage, last night it was just an excuse to make some lazy jokes and hope that nobody picked up on the crippling lack of substance contained within that gag.

It wasn't actively bad. There were moments that were funny. But after being spoiled by three seasons of Dan Harmon's Community, anything else is always going feel second-rate in comparison.

I enjoyed it, but not as much as the earlier seasons. I'm cautiously optimistic about it going forward.

I'm sure this was the point, but when they opened with Abed's fantasy I freaked out for a second thinking they changed the format around entirely

I found it hard to sit through, honestly. It had that vibe that sitcom pilots often do, where you're not really sure whether this show can be funny or not, because they're introducing characters and settings and stuff. It felt like an uncomfortable mix of "hey, we're back and nothing has changed" and "this is a total relaunch, so expect everything to change"

I also found the "Abed" thread of the episode confusing and cringeworthy. They were clearly trying to tie his happy place version into the "real" version at the end, but it didn't actually come together in any sensible way. And it wasn't particularly funny. Not having really followed the breakdown of the show, and Dan Harmon's departure, etc., the only thing I can think is that Abed's happy place version of the show was a way of poking fun at the skeptics by deliberately saying "is this what you thought we were going to turn this into?" But it doesn't make sense that Abed's happy place isn't, well, happy at all.

I'm sure I'll give it a few episodes to find a new stride, but there's plenty of better comedy on right now, and with several of my other favorites returning this spring (Game of Thrones, Doctor Who), it'll have a lot of compeition for my attention.

Quite enjoyed the Jeff/Principal sequences in the first new episodes, but the Halloween episode just felt..... less funny than it should have been. It's a bit of a guilty pleasure, but if Big Bang Theory can make me laugh more than Community then there's something terribly wrong at Greendale...

Did like Annie as the Ring(u) Girl though - a nice little 5 second visual joke.

Dan Harmon is coming back to Community! :-D

He's gonna take over as show runner for the new season and might even do commentaries for some (all?) the season four episodes in order to sell the DVDs to folk who didn't enjoy it (which was most people from what I gather; I gave up a few episodes in).

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :-D

thank fucking christ.

Harmon has been out and about in cameos in various tv shows which has been nice, but the man is a great showrunner. It was his vision, afterall and the characters are modelled off people in his past (as well as him).

I just hope he doesnt fuck it up

#6seasonsandamovie

-DP

Going to pretend the 4th season took place in the darkest time line and hope it doesn't even get referenced in the next season. Glad he's back, the first 3 seasons with it being his vision there were so many times I'd say "this is my favorite episode!" only for it to be topped that next week.

I think its going to have to be with Chevy Chase leaving the show. I like how they finally made him graduate, but i thought they rushed it (for obvious reasons).

Then again, the rumours are that Jeff got a minor in education... from greendale..

Law professor?

-DP

dogglius said:
I think its going to have to be with Chevy Chase leaving the show. I like how they finally made him graduate, but i thought they rushed it (for obvious reasons).

Then again, the rumours are that Jeff got a minor in education... from greendale..

Law professor?

-DP

Chase left the show last season, part of why he was missing most of the time.

yeah.

that has been addressed..

*Cough* :p

but yeah, the rumours are that jeff would come back to greendale, but who knows?

..other than dan harmon *cough*

-DP

I've been enjoying the new season so far! :thumbleft:

Also, I'm hopelessly in love with Abed. :love5:

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
VeronicaChaos said:
I've been enjoying the new season so far! :thumbleft:

Also, I'm hopelessly in love with Abed. :love5:
I'm in love with my bed too. I wish i was there most days instead of classes.

Reactions: VeronicaChaos
I'm massively addicted, I've been re-watching lately and it makes me so damn happy!
Abed is by far my favourite and the bromance he has with troy makes me smile every time they do anything cute :-D
I love the writing and the relationships between characters, it's one of my all time favorite shows.

I even convinced my friend to dress up as the Greendale human being last Halloween! :p
553bH1G.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.