AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Constantine TV show

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 8, 2010
I just got done watching the pilot and I was pleasantly surprised. I really like that they added in the helmet of fate that way they can bring in other supernatural characters like Zatana and Dr. Fate.

The is also a cool little easter egg. The number on constantine business card starts with an 404 area code which is the area code for Atlanta. The number on his card is 404-248-7182. If you call the number you get a nice surprise.

Reactions: hapa74
Here is his card!

Attachments

• $_35.jpeg
    $_35.jpeg
    7.8 KB · Views: 173
Sdog1982 said:
Here is his card!

I got this at Comic Con! I still have it but haven't called yet.

The pilot is on my DVR to be watched tomorrow. If they bring Zatanna on, I think I'll die of happiness. I hope they get Serinda Swan from Smallville again.

zippypinhead said:
The less the rest of the DC universe is kept out of this show, the better.

Ugh, no more typing before bed.

I don't want to see the rest of the DC Universe proper showing up in Constantine. That's not what John Constantine is about. Let it just be a good supernatural thriller show -- which TV needs right now -- and leave the assholes in funny costumes for shows like Arrow or The Flash.

zippypinhead said:
zippypinhead said:
The less the rest of the DC universe is kept out of this show, the better.

Ugh, no more typing before bed.

I don't want to see the rest of the DC Universe proper showing up in Constantine. That's not what John Constantine is about. Let it just be a good supernatural thriller show -- which TV needs right now -- and leave the assholes in funny costumes for shows like Arrow or The Flash.

This pretty much. John is in his own little universe minus a couple characters that pop up and actually FIT in his world.

That being said, I watched the pilot a couple months ago, was fine with it. Happy they replaced the main chick so the next episode should "feel" better. :shifty:

eclipse76 said:
TittySprinkles said:
Happy they replaced the main chick so the next episode should "feel" better. :shifty:
They did? I think she was fine? :think:

Yeah, I thought she was fine, too, but it's not as if I'm emotionally attached to her at this point.

At any rate, so far, so good. It was good enough to keep me interested, and make me come back for the second episode. Perhaps a bit heavy on exposition, which I hope they kinda calm down and play more of a long game on past the pilot. I do have to say, after ten years of putting up with Supernatural's nonexistent monster effects, especially their cheap-ass demons and angels, it was nice to see a demon that actually had horns and an angel that actually had wings.

eclipse76 said:
TittySprinkles said:
Happy they replaced the main chick so the next episode should "feel" better. :shifty:
They did? I think she was fine? :think:

It came off to me like there would be a lot of John saving her buns and such, which is great for the normal TV shtick, but it left a nasty taste in my mouth when it comes to this particular character (John Constantine).

I liked the "main chick" too. But my gripe is that why would they even have her character in the pilot if she was just going to be tossed aside? I've always thought that a pilot episode not only sets the tone of a series but introduces us to characters that we assume will be continue to be developed.

Reactions: Gen
Nordling said:
I liked the "main chick" too. But my gripe is that why would they even have her character in the pilot if she was just going to be tossed aside? I've always thought that a pilot episode not only sets the tone of a series but introduces us to characters that we assume will be continue to be developed.

I got the vibe that she'd be back maybe later down the line, like she'll go off and find her footing then they'll reunite to work together at some point. But that's just a guess, and I agree.

Reactions: Nordling
Nordling said:

The pilot was so quickly leaked (along with The Flash pilot) that I've actually wondered if the leak wasn't intentional just to test the waters about the show in general. And what they found out from testing the waters is a lot of people responded the first lady poorly.

But that's just my tv watcher tinfoil hat theory. :lol:

Reactions: Nordling
The midseason episode ended with cliffhangers, didn't it? I guess I'll have to head to Hulu and catch up tomorrow.

I'm hoping it comes back. I've really enjoyed the show, but I'm admittedly not a comic book person so I don;t have anything to compare it to. Seems like NBC is unsure if it'll be renewed or not and I saw they were thinking about moving it over to SyFy under the name of the comic book. Hell-something? I'd be OK with them moving it to SyFy. It would give it a chance to get a bit more of the darker side and let John be more of an asshole than he already is.

Reactions: Gen
Hellblazer! I'll have to order SyFy if that happens! I don't know that channel but if it'll let them get even darker, that's awesome. I'm still really liking this show, it's my favourite of the DC ones.

I wouldn't mind if it moved to SyFy. It would show the channel really is serious about taking back the reins for good scripted programming -- which it has been promising to do lately. After all, it's the channel that gave the world Battlestar Galactica.

The real advantage of the show being on NBC is that it actually gets a budget. I've already mentioned how much it pleases me to see monsters that look like monsters. Moving to cable might mean the special effects could go away, which would be a shame.

Reactions: SatanJonez and Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.