AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

contract mfc. What think?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2012
Girls it pays to read the fine print very closely

MODEL AGREEMENT AND RELEASE
This is a legal contract between MFCXY Inc., an Illinois Corporation, with its place of business at 2123 Warwick Lane, Glenview, IL 60026 USA (hereafter referred as "MFC") and you, the model/performer/individual who may be recorded or broadcasted by MFC.

As a condition of you using MFC software, web site(s) (including but not limited to http://www.*MFC*s.com/), e-commerce, chat, hosting, and video/audio streaming and communications systems, you are required to agree to the following:

I agree to be filmed/videotaped and or photographed in connection with MFC subsidiaries, successors, licensees, and assignees may copyright, use and reuse, publish, distribute, edit, excerpt, exhibit and otherwise exploit my name (real or fictional), likeness, persona, performance, voice, pictures, chat, video, audio, biological information and identification, and statements, (collectively my �appearance�) for any and all uses, in whole or in part, in any and all media and manners now known or learned, for use throughout the universe, in perpetuity, without limitation, including in connection with the advertising, exploitation and publicizing of MFC and its affiliates MFC shall own, and I grant and assign to MFC all rights, title and interest, of every kind and character in perpetuity throughout the universe in and to MFC the results, content, and proceeds of my appearance(s) (including all such appearances made to date) videos, audio, chat, dialogue, acts, and dances, all of which are works made for hire specially commissioned as part of an audiovisual work, including all copyrights, renewals and extensions of copyright and MFC shall be deemed the author thereof for all purposes. MFC may edit my appearance as they see fit (and I waive any and all moral rights that I have), and I understand that MFC has no obligation to use my appearance(s).

I hereby release and discharge MFC and its successors, assignees, and licensees from any and all claims, demands or cause of action that I may have, whether for libel, Copyright, violation of my right of privacy or publicity, or any other matter arising out of in any manner connected with the use of my appearance or past appearances or the exercise of the rights granted herein. I hereby verify that all statements, warranties, and other information given by me are true and
accurate, and I agree to be legally responsible for any claims arising from such statements and warranties. I acknowledge and agree that this release shall not be subject to the terms of any union or guild agreement and that no sums will be due
to me in connection with the use or reuse of my appearance(s). I understand that MFC is proceeding upon the terms set forth herein, and I will not intend to revoke this release at any time.

I am eighteen (18) years of age or older. I am of sound mind and body. I am not under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

I am acting in the video/film and appearance(s) of my own free will and I do not believe that I am violating any moral standards of my community. I warrant that I have never been convicted of a felony. I warrant that I shall not engage in
obscenity including but not limited to actual or simulated: bestiality; fisting; urination/defecation; incest; necrophilia; sado- masochistic abuse; bondage; torture; physical injury; rape; genital mutilation; genital insertion of objects or devices other than therapeutic sex aids; any presentation of representation of minors engaged in intimate physical contact or sexual situations, actual or depicted. I agree to indemnify, pay the costs of defense, and hold harmless MFC and its officers, directors, affiliates, attorneys, shareholders, agents, assigns, from any and all claims brought by third parties arising out of or related to my conduct, statements, or actions during any appearance(s) I make for MFC I understand that I am being contracted as a third party vendor to act, and I am personally responsible for any taxes owed. Any and all disputes arising out of this agreement shall be submitted to binding arbitration according to the rules of the American Arbitration Association and shall be resolved exclusively in Chicago, Illinois, USA with the American Arbitration Association. The agreement shall be governed exclusively under Illinois State Law.
____________________________________________________________________________________
Full Legal Name Date of Birth
____________________________________________________________________________________
Full Street Address Phone Number (including country code)
Login Name / Model Nickname Studio Name (if applicable)
Type of Photo IDs and the Number on the IDs
Full Legal Signature Date of this Agreement

Please upload this completed Agreement in your Model Administration area. If you have any problems, please contact support@*MFC*s.com with any questions.

"I would no more be a Master than a slave. It does not conform to my idea of Democracy." Abraham Lincoln 1856.

I think I missed the point of this post somewhere...

All I get from it is that MFC owns any material a model broadcasts, and the model herself is responsible if she breaks laws. Seems pretty reasonable to me. This is why it gets super annoying to me when girls whine that some models don't get in trouble for breaking MFC rules. MFC doesn't really have to police public shows because they've already shifted legal liability to the model doing the show.

Sounds to me like someone might be trying to start a cam model union? Hence, the posting of MFC's contract? Is this the possible birth of the Sisterhood of Interwebz Boobie Doo Shakers Local 41? Norma Rae like a Mofo!! LOL

...wait. What was the point of this thread again? Nevermind! Talk amongst yourselves!

I think the OP is saying that by signing the MFC contract - and allowing them to use your image to do with whatever they please for all eternity - and that in doing so, you "waive any and all moral rights that [you] have" - you are more "slave" than "master". Or something. I think.
I've read the thing five times to reach that conclusion and I can't be arsed to read it again so I'm just gonna stick with that. In retrospect, it probably wasn't worth reading five times in order to extract that little bit of philosophy :?

Reactions: LadyLuna
mynameisbob84 said:
I think the OP is saying that by signing the MFC contract - and allowing them to use your image to do with whatever they please for all eternity - and that in doing so, you "waive any and all moral rights that [you] have" - you are more "slave" than "master". Or something. I think.
I've read the thing five times to reach that conclusion and I can't be arsed to read it again so I'm just gonna stick with that. In retrospect, it probably wasn't worth reading five times in order to extract that little bit of philosophy :?

It's a contract. Like most people, I didn't read it. I signed - now where do I send it?

and what the fuck is it for anyway? When do I get paid?

Okay everyone! I've worked it out!

The original poster is against contracts in general, and is taking his cause to our forum. To relate it to models he has found a copy of our contract on MFC.

Now, I've seen parts of the MFC contract pasted around the Internet with MFC models saying things like, "oh my god I had no idea" or "wow I'm going to quit MFC now" or somesuch. In this case, I am extremely worried that models would sign up and sign a contract without reading it.

Contracts for other camsites are similar. Yes, MFC says they reserve the right to use your real name, but when was the last time they ever blasted a model's real name in advertising? Their models would quit in droves. Contracts for other websites are more stringent.

Otherwise, contracts are contracts. My brother tried to get a job at the Sheriff's department - they have a morality clause in their contracts. That means if any government employee is caught doing something they deem to be immoral (like having gay sex, for example) he can be fired. That's a hell of a lot worse that MFC in my opinion and that's a public employee job, not sex work.

The wording in this contract is pretty dead on to any other cam site or adult content site you'll run into.

I'm really not sure what's so interesting here.

Whatever the purpose, we now have a thread to point people to if they're wondering what sort of contract an MFC Model has to sign, and if they're wondering what sort of contract camsites in general use.

YA_TEQUIERO said:
"I would no more be a Master than a slave. It does not conform to my idea of Democracy." Abraham Lincoln 1856.
MFC has been around since 1856? That's a little longer than i thought and surely Lincoln shouldn't be talking about it as a president, unless i missed an Obama speech where he mentions the cam sites he checks out.

Enough of my crazy rambling and a little more on topic. Half of the things in there are probably just MFC covering themselves for very very rare events and will never be relevant. Plus all contracts have something odd in them so why should we expect any cam site to be different?

Shaun__ said:
MFC needs a better lawyer, they neglected to specify which universe.
I vote for you, you seem to have things covered.

Reactions: LilyMarie
AmberCutie said:
The wording in this contract is pretty dead on to any other cam site or adult content site you'll run into.

It's Leo posting an updated version of the contract with several new clauses, by viewing it you're agreeing to it :/

Reactions: 1 person
Jupiter551 said:
AmberCutie said:

It's Leo posting an updated version of the contract with several new clauses, by viewing it you're agreeing to it :/

Nope. Looks exactly the same as the contract I signed back in Nov 2009.

Hello, I publicist., constantly working with models
You could make the comparison to professional models in a way.

I think that a professional model signs a contract with a particular company or companies to use, market and sell their merchandise using the image of the model such as in advertisement,promotions and marketing. Sometimes they even become spokeswomen for companies.

But once that contract or agreement ends I believe they can not use their likeness or image in new products and need permission to use that models image or likeness further.

In professional modeling, the model has more control over her likeness and image, and has an agent, whereas in the cam industry, it appears that once you sign on the dotted line, it may be that you have sold your image and likeness till death do you part.

Hmm..... consider this, if a professional model can sue over abuse and misuse of their image and likeness, then why is it any different for a cam model? If signing on the dotted line means giving up or selling your "soul" for perpetuity then one would tend to think that the websites, affiliates, studios etc are abusing their power or are just not playing fair.

Regulation...

Was the OP bored and finally read his/her first contract? Looks pretty standard to me. I did notice one interesting thing in the contract: I warrant that I have never been convicted of a felony. While that is standard in most other job contracts I found it surprising it was in MFC's. I would guess is a copy and paste job for the most part. :lol:

Apparently that is one they are not to concerned about as I know there are a few models that have been convicted of felonies. I take that back. I can't say I know, only that some models talked about indiscretions in their youth that I am pretty sure would be felonies. :lol:

I know a model, on this forum, who went to jail for attempting to steal a sandwich :whistle:

YA_TEQUIERO said:
Hello, I publicist., constantly working with models
In professional modeling, the model has more control over her likeness and image, and has an agent, whereas in the cam industry, it appears that once you sign on the dotted line, it may be that you have sold your image and likeness till death do you part.

Hmm..... consider this, if a professional model can sue over abuse and misuse of their image and likeness, then why is it any different for a cam model? If signing on the dotted line means giving up or selling your "soul" for perpetuity then one would tend to think that the websites, affiliates, studios etc are abusing their power or are just not playing fair.
Just a note for future posts: If you'd have mentioned some of this in your original post, this thread would have been much clearer.

While i understand the wording makes it seem like that once you sign, mfc owns everything in terms of image and character, i don't think mfc or anyone else is abusing their power. I can't say i've ever seen or known mfc to really use a model, whether pictures or information, for anything. Models attend conventions by choice to help promote the site but also themselves and have a fun weekend with others. Some of the internet adverts i've seen for mfc generally use a screen of the homepage, which uses the models avatar and mfc name but i don't think that's really that bad.

I can't really say that i've seen any of the other camsites do it either but i know mfc more than those so others might be better positioned to comment on those. Like i said earlier, they are probably just covering themselves for adverts they make in case a model quits before they run it but they don't seem to abuse anything or use any model information. Plus they have to be careful, if they started misusing the image or information of models, word would spread and less would sign up, others would leave and it would hurt the cam site.

Well, the difference between a model and a webcam-model is what's being sold.

A model is selling her image. That image is her product, so if the company misuses her image, she loses money.

A webcam-model is selling her time and attention. No matter what the site does with her image, her time and attention are only being given away when she chooses. Thus, she looses no money on them using her image, and might even gain some by members deciding to search the site for the model they saw on the advert.

Reactions: AmberCutie
AmberCutie said:

Maybe you should find another profession. This doesn't seem to be working out well for you at all, and gee just look at that contract you signed.

Sorry to be the one to tell you Amber, but I guess you just can't realize how horrible things are for you. Probably you can't see this because you have some kind of victim complex. Maybe it is Stockholm syndrome, I don't know only a professional could tell you. You should see one. And you have this contract you can never get out of. May your chains rest lightly upon you.

I'm pretty sure fiver's post is sarcastic, and thanked it as such. I'm posting this because I do not know fiver all that well, so may be wrong about the sarcasm.

Reactions: fiver
LadyLuna said:
I'm pretty sure fiver's post is sarcastic, and thanked it as such. I'm posting this because I do not know fiver all that well, so may be wrong about the sarcasm.
I think you're right, although I'm sometimes pretty dense and didn't "get" it.

AmberCutie said:

Amber, looks like they covered their asses well.

Keywords:connection with MFC subsidiaries, successors, licensees,

copyright,use and reuse publish distribute,edit,excerpt,exhibit and otherwise exploit my name (real or
fictional), likeness, persona, performance, voice, pictures, chat, video, audio, biological information and identification, and
statements, (collectively my �appearance�) for any and all uses, in whole or in part, in any and all media and manners

now
known or learned, for use throughout the universe, in perpetuity, without limitation, including in connection with the
advertising, exploitation and publicizing of MFC and its affiliates MFC shall own, and I grant and assign to MFC all rights,
title and interest, of every kind and character in perpetuity throughout the universe in and to MFC the results, content, and
proceeds of my appearance(s) (including all such appearances made to date) videos, audio, chat, dialogue, acts, and
dances, all of which are works made for hire specially commissioned as part of an audiovisual work, including all
copyrights, renewals and extensions of copyright and MFC shall be deemed the author thereof for all purposes

The universe?in perpetuity?exploitation? Nah, this is just a job. PFFFFT.

And what you see may not be what is real either in this part: MFC
may edit my appearance as they see fit (and I waive any and all moral rights that I have), and I understand that MFC has
no obligation to use my appearance(s).

Is your concern based on the idea that the women who sign up for MFC are unable to read? Or do you somehow believe we don't have the ability to make legal choices for ourselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.