AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Copyright question?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of filming a video where I'm got a toy inside me and I'm playing video games.

In a similar vein, I've wanted to film ones of me playing piano while sitting on a vibrator (not my own compositions, keep in mind).

I'm worried about copyright? Does this fall under a fair use derivative? I'll be uploading on MV.

Sorry for all the questions - in the awkward stage where I can't be verified yet, but I'll get there!

I'm thinking of filming a video where I'm got a toy inside me and I'm playing video games.

In a similar vein, I've wanted to film ones of me playing piano while sitting on a vibrator (not my own compositions, keep in mind).

I'm worried about copyright? Does this fall under a fair use derivative? I'll be uploading on MV.

Sorry for all the questions - in the awkward stage where I can't be verified yet, but I'll get there!
You are not doing commentary and criticism or parody so this is not fair use. Film yourself without showing any gameplay footage or sound and you don't have to worry about copyright. As for playing piano music while sitting on a vibrator I would suggest playing music that is in the public domain.

You are not doing commentary and criticism or parody so this is not fair use. Film yourself without showing any gameplay footage or sound and you don't have to worry about copyright. As for playing piano music while sitting on a vibrator I would suggest playing music that is in the public domain.

I'll brush up on my Greensleeves >:D Thank you!

Reactions: DJ_Pioneer
I'll brush up on my Greensleeves >:D Thank you!

That's smart. Performing copyright music is almost certainly a violation since they have all kinds of special rules and licenses.

I think playing a video game may be a fair use, it would depend on how much you are doing 30 seconds almost certainly would be fair use. the entire video it is grey area. Is that much different than people posting their playthrus on YouTube? Certainly, if you made some commentary about how it was better or worse than your vibrator that would allow you to claim you are doing a critic of the game.
IANAL, but I'm fairly knowledgeable about copyright law I know DJ is also.

I think is commendable that you are worried about copyright violation, as practical matter I doubt anybody will give a shit.

That's smart. Performing copyright music is almost certainly a violation since they have all kinds of special rules and licenses.

I think playing a video game may be a fair use, it would depend on how much you are doing 30 seconds almost certainly would be fair use. the entire video it is grey area. Is that much different than people posting their playthrus on YouTube? Certainly, if you made some commentary about how it was better or worse than your vibrator that would allow you to claim you are doing a critic of the game.
IANAL, but I'm fairly knowledgeable about copyright law I know DJ is also.

I think is commendable that you are worried about copyright violation, as practical matter I doubt anybody will give a shit.
It doesn't matter if it is 30 seconds or 30 minutes it is still not fair use unless it is commentary and criticism or parody. The reason people can post Let's Plays on YouTube is because game publishers allow it here is a list of companies that allows it and if there are any conditions that the Let's Player must agree to in order to publish the video. If the company doesn't have a policy in place the person who wants to do a Let's Play needs to contact the company for their permission. Some companies like SEGA Japan can be very draconian when it comes to protecting their copyright and have even filed DMCA take downs against videos that have been fair use. The only way to find out for certain if something is infringing on copyright is to take it to court, but usually it doesn't go that far because if there is precedence the copyright attorneys involved will make a settlement agreement before it goes that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.