AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

(customer) C2C is not working for me on Streamate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2019
So I used to be an avid Streamate user about 7 years ago when the site was flash based, and had no problems doing c2c with the models. But I had to take a long break after getting married.
Well, I tried Streamate this week for the first time in 7 years and noticed that Streamate changed their site interface to HTML5 and c2c does not work for me whatsoever.
I prefer exclusives and it just sucks not being able to c2c when I am paying $7~$15 per minute.
When I click the c2c icon, a box pops up that (supposedly) should display a preview of my cam but it's just a black screen. There's a retry button so I click that but nothing ever happens.
What's also strange is that there is no pop up from my browser asking me if I want to "allow this site to access my camera". I don't understand how Streamate is supposed to access my cam when it doesn't even ask my browser for permission.
I've tried both Chrome and Firefox (on desktop), with like 10 different models, and c2c is just not working.
My webcam works fine on all other sites. I even tested c2c on Chaturbate and Camsoda with no issues.
Does anyone have any idea? This is insanely frustrating.

Have you contacted support about this? They might be able to help you out, and they need to be aware of persistent glitches so that they can resolve them.

Have you contacted support about this? They might be able to help you out, and they need to be aware of persistent glitches so that they can resolve them.
Yes I have. They don't seem to understand or care enough. All I got were basic scripted responses.

Yes I have. They don't seem to understand or care enough. All I got were basic scripted responses.

Ugh, I am so sorry about this. :(

First of all, thanks for posting about this from the customer end of things. As a model on SM, I have sent support countless reports on c2c not working and they'll blame it on me, the member, anything except themselves. It's interesting being able to see this from the member perspective.

Unfortunately, this crap has been going on for over a year now. Some will say to wait it out or that it's all growing pains, but members are literally wasting their money by not even being able to use a functioning site, it's terrible. c2c is a HUGE part of my income on there, if I knew a fix, I would gladly share it, but sadly, so far it's random. Some days it works fine, others not, and there are never ever any answers from support that actually help.

I hate saying this, but honestly, it seems like SM does not care at all about customer retention, you're better off finding a different site at this point. :(

In Chrome, open Streamate and click the little lock icon in the address bar, to the left of the URL. Then click Site settings and look under Permissions. What are Camera and Microphone set to?

I'm sending this thread to Liz. I have been on their ass about quality assurance. This pisses me off more than anything.

I'm sending this thread to Liz. I have been on their ass about quality assurance. This pisses me off more than anything.

Send this one too. I've told them a few times about it. When the private and tip buttons stop loading for some reason and you need to wait till the problem fixes itself.
DKvi7Rq.png

Send this one too. I've told them a few times about it. When the private and tip buttons stop loading for some reason and you need to wait till the problem fixes itself.
DKvi7Rq.png

Oh my god, I have reported this issue so many times to support, they absolutely refuse to even address that it's an ongoing problem!! If I am even lucky enough to hear back from them, it's either some canned response asking for screenshots from the member end, or they'll say "it's fixed now" even though it's a glitch that keeps coming back over and over. It's clearly not fixed. It's been happening on and off since March at the very least.

Oh my god, I have reported this issue so many times to support, they absolutely refuse to even address that it's an ongoing problem!! If I am even lucky enough to hear back from them, it's either some canned response asking for screenshots from the member end, or they'll say "it's fixed now" even though it's a glitch that keeps coming back over and over. It's clearly not fixed. It's been happening on and off since March at the very least.

You would think that the glitch that prevents people from giving them money would be top priority to fix, jfc.

You would think that the glitch that prevents people from giving them money would be top priority to fix, jfc.
The fact that they haven't yet tells me that they literally CAN'T fix it yet, for one reason or another, which is um very concerning. Like of course they don't want to publicize that they don't have the ability to fix it because everyone will jump ship and they'll be more screwed than they are now with a half-functioning site. But it's annoying to be strung along while we slowly sink. SM is great when everything works. That just hasn't been the reality for years now. And it's really unfortunate that they have absolutely ruined their reputation as the site with the best quality feeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.