AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Daily Thoughts

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Non-compete stipulations for contract workers are shady as fuck to begin with, but the new FTC rule says "workers" specifically, and not "employees". That makes me think it would cover contractors. I do find myself wondering if, in the case of camsites, the argument when it comes to mentioning other camsites, storefronts, or socials, is that it's functioning as a monetized platform, and not an employer, and so it's a TOS/Content Policy thing, rather than a non-compete thing.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
From the FTC brief, defining "worker":

The final rule defines “worker” as “a natural person who works or who previously
worked, whether paid or unpaid, without regard to the worker’s title or the worker’s status under
any other State or Federal laws, including, but not limited to, whether the worker is an employee,
independent contractor, extern, intern, volunteer, apprentice, or a sole proprietor who provides a
service to a person.”13 The definition further states that the term “worker” includes a natural
person who works for a franchisee or franchisor, but does not include a franchisee in the context
of a franchisee-franchisor relationship.14

So, anyone who does work for someone else. A seriously broad definition. Kinda mindblowing, tbh.

ETA: Link to the brief (PDF).

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise