AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Darkest Day of Your Life

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefish

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Mar 26, 2010
Usually somewhere between flippant and glib.
12/21/2010

Watch out for all the moonbats and crazies. :lol:

lunar-eclipse-2008.jpg

A total lunar eclipse will be visible (weather permitting) across North America Monday night, just in time for the longest night of the year. This will be the first time a lunar eclipse has fallen on the winter solstice since 1638.

The Earth’s shadow will begin to blot out the moon at 1:32 a.m. EST (10:32 p.m. PST). During totality, when the Earth is directly between the moon and the sun, the moon will turn a rusty orange-red for 72 minutes from 2:41 a.m. to 3:53 a.m. EST (11:41 p.m. to 12:53 a.m. PST).

Sky watchers in Europe, West Africa and South America will see only part of the eclipse before it is interrupted by sunrise (see chart below). This is also the last time a total lunar eclipse will be visible from North America until April 2014.

The Earth’s shadow appears nearly black against the moon until totality, when sunlight filtering through Earth’s atmosphere casts a ruddy glow. An observer standing on the moon and looking back toward Earth would see a ring of red light circling the Earth, marking all the sunrises and sunsets all over the planet.

The curved edge of the Earth’s shadow as it sweeps across the moon during partial eclipse was one of the first hints to ancient astronomers that the Earth is round.

If you only want a quick glimpse of the eclipse (standing outside for four hours in December takes serious dedication), bundle up and look skyward mid-eclipse at 3:17 a.m. EST (12:17 a.m. PST), when the moon will be in deepest shadow and displaying its best coppery red hue.

Just went out to see it....creeeeeepy. Not a fan. Please return to your mystical joyfulness, moon. Pleeease.

Although I feel like I'm connected to 1683 in a very Doctor Who kinda way...

Went to the beach with my girl, it was fucking COLD!!!!

But watching it from start to finish with her was so worth it :)

I took some pictures, but it was with a point and click so I'll have to blow them up some. Once done, I'll post what I saw.

Bocefish said:
Nothing but dull gray clouds and rain here too :(

FTFM

I watched the entire thing from my friends balcony,from where I was sitting once the moon was entirely covered it looked a bit like a peach.

I watched the entire thing from the sidewalk in front of my apartment at 3:00 a.m., intermittently going back inside to warm up so I could feel my appendages again. All while playing "Dark Side of the Moon" in it's entirety.

AlexLady said:
It was beautiful last night.

My favorite moon-site would be this day when the moon sat just as the sun was rising. It was in Arizona so the colors of -everything- were amazing.

Shame it was cloudy over me and I couldn't see it.

And Alex, trust me when I say we have the best sunrises and sunsets in the world. It's not just this morning, it's every morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.