AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Deleting Snapchat after selling Forever Subscription

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To late for me to edit..

This is why I will NEVER be on MFC members are absolutely disgusting. It's crazy to me these replies from dudes.. Thank gosh for Streammate.
Why is it that token sites have a lot more problems with bad members than Streamate?

Why is it that token sites have a lot more problems with bad members than Streamate?
I think @Kitsune pretty much hit the nail on the head in the last page. Simplified even further from a member's perspective MFC is more community based and encourages interaction between members and models that helps foster that community sense. Other sites, in my experience, are more focused on getting right to the dirty so to speak.

Neither is inherently bad but if you have members that are maybe emotionally immature or don't have a lot of experience dealing with sex workers the community and personal interaction that MFC encourages is more likely to create bad members.

That is just how I see it. Some of the models on here can correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: weirdbr and Mila_
I think @Kitsune pretty much hit the nail on the head in the last page. Simplified even further from a member's perspective MFC is more community based and encourages interaction between members and models that helps foster that community sense. Other sites, in my experience, are more focused on getting right to the dirty so to speak.

Neither is inherently bad but if you have members that are maybe emotionally immature or don't have a lot of experience dealing with sex workers the community and personal interaction that MFC encourages is more likely to create bad members.

That is just how I see it. Some of the models on here can correct me if I'm wrong.
Im talking about members that were already bad when they first joined.

I think models' reserve the right to not continue Snapchat. It isn't realistic to me for members to demand models to continue it after the member spends, what? maybe twenty five dollars? and then never spend another dollar on the model. Do they (and you, at members who think that models should continue forever and you shouldn't have to spend any more money on them) expect the model to continue a sexy Snapchat even after she has to leave sex work because there's no money in getting paid twenty five dollars once and that's it?

In my mind, sorry, but I spent over two hundred dollars on my 3DS that I know is going to break one day. I spend 7-11 dollars a month to watch the shows I really like that will eventually not be there. I spend money on patreon every month with the knowledge that one day, creators may retire and decide not to create anymore. Those are reoccurring payments, and I accept the fact that one day the goods and services will no longer be there, or will change. If they didn't change, an increase in price or change in what is given to those paying the bare minimum or only paying once, they wouldn't be able to continue.

Why is the expectation for models not the same? Do you expect a couple, or a hundred, or a thousand, people paying twenty five dollars one time to keep the model in the business?

Models should do whatever the fuck that keeps them afloat. If that means telling people who threw a couple of nickels months or years ago and are now just coasting on the fact they spend almost enough money for a week's worth of groceries to flip off and spend money, go ahead. 'Cause fuck the idea that models should be giving all the sexy labor, emotional labor, for forever and for free.

:h:

((I'm also a huge fan of the by month subscription to things. That way if it gets stale for the buyer, they don't have to buy it again and I was able to have some steady income by those who loved it and know they still supported me.))

I don't think MFC patrons are worse than Streamate as a whole. Streamate people are always trying to get something for free. Exhausts me. It's the platform where I find men the grabbiest with the smallest group of regulars that are pleasant. They're just easier to turn off at the end of a shift. The only ones that search you out on social media or other platforms are generally that smaller group of regulars or easily blocked. When they find you outside of Streamate, they stay generous for your time because they're used to paying by the minute and happy to find you outside of that environment.

Agree with all of Kitsune's points about undercutting/competition on MFC as well. Adding poor planning, big expectations and no idea what to do with the freedom. Tons of new girls just copy the tip list of someone they see doing well which might include a low priced forever. While a girl who's already successful might be fine eating the loss and offering "forever", once the new girl figures out she's not going to make near 10k a month for doing "nothing", she's bitter and feels the pain of underselling her time. Other sites don't have the same pitfalls. The worst thing that can happen on Streamate is setting your price to low, peepers and maybe being silly enough to give free flashes or something.

@Kitsune I ask only of theories and yet you show up with what appear to be facts. You over delivered really. Too kind almost.

I don't think MFC patrons are worse than Streamate as a whole. Streamate people are always trying to get something for free. Exhausts me. It's the platform where I find men the grabbiest with the smallest group of regulars that are pleasant. They're just easier to turn off at the end of a shift. The only ones that search you out on social media or other platforms are generally that smaller group of regulars or easily blocked. When they find you outside of Streamate, they stay generous for your time because they're used to paying by the minute and happy to find you outside of that environment.

Agree with all of Kitsune's points about undercutting/competition on MFC as well. Adding poor planning, big expectations and no idea what to do with the freedom. Tons of new girls just copy the tip list of someone they see doing well which might include a low priced forever. While a girl who's already successful might be fine eating the loss and offering "forever", once the new girl figures out she's not going to make near 10k a month for doing "nothing", she's bitter and feels the pain of underselling her time. Other sites don't have the same pitfalls. The worst thing that can happen on Streamate is setting your price to low, peepers and maybe being silly enough to give free flashes or something.

How predictably insightful and level headed of you. Learning of the possible cause of the bitterness and bouts of buffoonery for some kinda humanizes them and will make it harder to find funny but I'll persevere.

• Funny!
Reactions: JickyJuly
I've never sold snapchat for this reason, I like my personal freedom too much to feel tied into something. It actually amazes me that anyone buying "lifetime/forever" snapchat genuinely believes it's forever, or even as long as the model is in the industry. It is worded as that, but surely anyone with common sense would be aware that if it is no longer working then it won't continue being sold. People are too used to dealing with big companies and consumer rights where if something is worded a certain way you have the right to demand it or sue them. Camgirls may be running a business of sorts, but they aren't big companies. I think it's better to take what a camgirl says with the same kind of flexibility as you might a friend or a girlfriend. If your girlfriend says "I will love you forever" while you may be hurt if they fall out of love with you, it's only completely immature people who make a huge deal about their words. They meant forever at the time, but shit changes. Humans aren't big robotic companies with huge lists of legalities and brand promises. If a model wants to change her "forever" snapchat, be a grown up and accept it.

To @AwesomeKate, you've had amazing advice already and it seems like you've got a plan sorted that suits you. If you were thinking of deleting people who really had lingered around for years without hearing wind, maybe a good way to do it would be to send out a bunch of snaps saying that you are thinking of changing your snapchat, explaining why and basically stating to people to contact you if they wish to still be involved, otherwise if you haven't heard from them for over 6 months to a year they're at risk of being removed. Maybe provide a deadline for this giving them a bit of time to see and respond. If they don't respond it's not unreasonable to assume they don't care/aren't viewing your snaps anymore and have no interest in returning. Those who do still want to see your snaps would be able to remain on the list (and you would know who those people are who are enjoying your work still). Then alongside you could just keep doing what you mentioned on sharing the more personal stuff with your closer friends. Really I can't see how reasonable people could get that butthurt, continuing camming through pregnancy and having a baby isn't exactly a situation that you could have planned for, so it's completely understandable if you want to change the way you work. While not stated in any terms and conditions, it kind of seems like an obvious condition that would break the "forever" snapchat deal.

I think it's better to take what a camgirl says with the same kind of flexibility as you might a friend or a girlfriend.

I think I get what you are trying to say overall but don't think members should be putting as much stock in what camgirls are telling them. Especially if the member is more naive. People seem to either be expecting way too much from camgirl friends or not nearly enough of real life friends.

Reactions: JickyJuly
The culture of Streamate is very different. Guys know they have to pay for what they want to see, and we're not allowed to give them our off-site contact info, so they don't expect attention from us round the clock. Those who put forth the effort to find us elsewhere, typically do so with the intention to spend on us in another manner: clips, texting, panties, etc. In my 4 years of working regularly on Streamate, I have had one person expect me to be friendly and chit-chat in my room and on Twitter after taking me private, and he ended up getting blocked because he flipped shit and called me "unprofessional" when I politely explained that just shooting the shit with him would lead to me missing out on privates due to other members coming in the room and thinking that I'm "busy" because I'm talking - it's very silly, but I heard this so many times in my early days until I cut down on how much I let people chit chat in my room.

I spend 7-11 dollars a month to watch the shows I really like that will eventually not be there

There are so many shows on Netflix that were there for YEARS and aren't anymore. Hercules and Xena were removed early this year, and they were on there since I got Netflix in 2009! Fullmetal Alchemist was also on for ages and is now gone, but it's on Hulu so I can watch it over there, at least.

When I sold Kik and Snapchat on CB, I had a lot of guys tip me for them and then rarely or never visit my room and tip ever again. This really annoyed me, especially when they would text and say "Hey, what are you doing?" and I'd reply "Getting ready to go on cam." Sometimes they'd say something like "Send me a pic before you go on!" It turned me off from offering Kik and Snapchat.

However, I did make good money from doing it. I think if I were to offer lifetime Snapchat, I would add a disclaimer that they would be removed if I did not receive a single tip from them in 60-90 days, whatever I decided on. I think if a member has been on your lifetime Snapchat for over a year, he more than got his money's worth, provided that you use Snapchat on a regular basis.

I have nothing too meaningful to add, but this thread has made me think. I am not very active on camsites anymore and I might be one of those people who would be kicked off for not being an active tipper. It would not fill me with rage or anything, I would however miss the animal pics and other stuff though.

This really just highlights the need for a better app for sharing pics with customers, one with a web based interface allowing better customer tracking and control. So monthly plans could be automated to some degree.

What does everyone think about models who sell their Snapchat as 'Forever' and then delete people who don't continue to tip? What if she deleted you off of it because you hadn't tipped her in 6 months? One year? Two? Does it make a difference in how long it's been, in your opinion, or is it all equally bad business?

I don't use Snapchat, but if I did, I wouldn't be offering a "lifetime" anything...for the very reason you stated above. Lifetime access/privileges because you tipped me X tokens one time back in 2013, and I probably don't even see you in my room anymore since you've "moved on" to other models? Nah. I'd stick to offering SC on a per week or per month basis. I have "favorite MFC regs" from over 5 years ago who now don't even visit me/communicate with me anymore, and I just can't imagine having to send them sexy stuff for a big tip received from that long ago.

Not knocking anyone, btw, who does forever subscriptions. I'm just saying it's not for me.

In my opinion, I understand why some members may be a little disappointed. But if you're going to stop camming, then what can you do? They wouldn't be reasonable if they really expected it to be "lifetime," and demand to see your death certificate or some hooplaw. I'm sure they can manage!

Setting aside Kate's original question (and full disclosure, I'm a paid member of Kate's snapchat)(also, congrats AwesomeKate!!!)...

Everyone has made some amazing points in this thread. One I'd like to add is the whole "convenience vs company" aspect. Or convenience vs communication. For many, snapchat was a new platform that very conveniently and easily earned some quick bucks; most snaps would be the "I'm coming online" variety. For others, it was a fundamental part of their business, selling new shows, experiences, sometimes texts or even calls; it was used to build relationships with those 100 true fans that kept them around for years (and others came and went).

For those who viewed it as a convenience, I can understand fully their thought that they owe no one anything at all; cancel, block, ban, dump, you owe nothing because they got to enjoy it for the time you had it. For the so-called "company" types, those models who plan on camming for years and run a successful business, it's a lot harder to renege on products/services sold without warning or providing justification.

For both...communication is key. Let people know you are shutting something down or blocking them rather than just abruptly "fuck you I'm out". That never feels good, that never solves things...IMO, it's a cowardly, ghosting way out, that should only be used in emergencies. Most models DO owe something, even if it's just a courtesy announcement non-regulars/tippers are being let go. Plus it's an upsell, reengagement opportunity; maybe the 100 people you're cutting loose, 10 of them will tip $50-$100 each to keep going on snapchat. I know I've done it because the snapchat meant something to me even if I couldn't go into the room and chat/tip.

There's probably no right answer to Kate's question, hence why everyone has so many varied and strong opinions...but I'd hope at the end of the day everyone not only wants what's best for themselves as Models in their career, but also what's best for their Members, both currently supporting and the ones who hopefully will come back to support.

Reactions: Rose and DJ_Pioneer
I have nothing too meaningful to add, but this thread has made me think. I am not very active on camsites anymore and I might be one of those people who would be kicked off for not being an active tipper. It would not fill me with rage or anything, I would however miss the animal pics and other stuff though.

This really just highlights the need for a better app for sharing pics with customers, one with a web based interface allowing better customer tracking and control. So monthly plans could be automated to some degree.

On the other hand, I'm still auto-subscribed to several model's OnlyFans and Patreons who haven't posted anything new since November. That's on me I guess to unsubscribe, they are under no obligation to tell people they are done/not going to post anymore, but it would be an insanely nice courtesy and probably make me think higher of them (as several have done! and even provided alternatives!). Guess in the meantime I've bought several cups of coffee or lunches for them for zero current effort on their part.

Reactions: DJ_Pioneer
Setting aside Kate's original question (and full disclosure, I'm a paid member of Kate's snapchat)(also, congrats AwesomeKate!!!)...

Everyone has made some amazing points in this thread. One I'd like to add is the whole "convenience vs company" aspect. Or convenience vs communication. For many, snapchat was a new platform that very conveniently and easily earned some quick bucks; most snaps would be the "I'm coming online" variety. For others, it was a fundamental part of their business, selling new shows, experiences, sometimes texts or even calls; it was used to build relationships with those 100 true fans that kept them around for years (and others came and went).

For those who viewed it as a convenience, I can understand fully their thought that they owe no one anything at all; cancel, block, ban, dump, you owe nothing because they got to enjoy it for the time you had it. For the so-called "company" types, those models who plan on camming for years and run a successful business, it's a lot harder to renege on products/services sold without warning or providing justification.

For both...communication is key. Let people know you are shutting something down or blocking them rather than just abruptly "fuck you I'm out". That never feels good, that never solves things...IMO, it's a cowardly, ghosting way out, that should only be used in emergencies. Most models DO owe something, even if it's just a courtesy announcement non-regulars/tippers are being let go. Plus it's an upsell, reengagement opportunity; maybe the 100 people you're cutting loose, 10 of them will tip $50-$100 each to keep going on snapchat. I know I've done it because the snapchat meant something to me even if I couldn't go into the room and chat/tip.

There's probably no right answer to Kate's question, hence why everyone has so many varied and strong opinions...but I'd hope at the end of the day everyone not only wants what's best for themselves as Models in their career, but also what's best for their Members, both currently supporting and the ones who hopefully will come back to support.

Models have a very good eye for members... after years of dealing with 1000s of people every day you just learn the patterns. Some members are good people even if they rarely visit your room, when they do they are polite, respectful, tip a little, and put you at ease. You sound like one of these. The problem is the majority of members are not like this. The majority are either disrespectful or overbearing and interacting with them is a drag. When these members don't tip you for a long time it becomes increasingly difficult to accept their presence as lookie loos and give them a window to peak into your life. I think these are the members most of us are talking about.

@Guy On private sites, Popular models can hop from private to private. So if your talking to a model for more then a minute, your probable in a private.

@Guy On private sites, Popular models can hop from private to private. So if your talking to a model for more then a minute, your probable in a private.
Trying to figure out what this is a reply to. Including the quote would help! :)

Reactions: Guy
I sell my Snapchat as a Forever subscription because I don't want to have to delete and re-add people each month. Just seemed so much easier to offer it as a bulk thing. I've started thinking about it because when I have my baby I feel weird sharing certain parts of my life, going forward, with people who have not spoken to me in years. I don't want the people I do talk to and care for to suffer a loss because of my discomfort with posting so I am considering making a list of people who I know really well who will receive additional, private snaps. I don't plan on deleting my snap until I'm no longer a cam girl. That will make my lifetime snap at least 5 years running. I think that realistically qualifies as lifetime.

If you could find a way to communicate with your followers. You could always make a new account. Then see who respond when you ask for people to give their snapchats to be added to the new account. Hopefully only people who really care or are paying attention to you will respnd

Alternatively, not to switch topics, but how would a member feel after paying for a "lifetime" Snapchat, and the model decides a year or so later to make her Snapchat free for all?

The posting would stay the same, nudes, animal pics, food porn, etc.

Would you feel "robbed", would you expect a video or photo set for having tipped for a lifetime script only to have it made free a year later?

Asking for a friend...

Alternatively, not to switch topics, but how would a member feel after paying for a "lifetime" Snapchat, and the model decides a year or so later to make her Snapchat free for all?

The posting would stay the same, nudes, animal pics, food porn, etc.

Would you feel "robbed", would you expect a video or photo set for having tipped for a lifetime script only to have it made free a year later?

Asking for a friend...
No I wouldn't feel robbed or like I needed to be compensated for it if several months or a year had gone by. If I bought it on Monday and it became free for all on Tuesday I'd probably be angry that she didn't mention it at the time.

I wouldn't care. I think snapchat is basically twitter. Most of what I see models post is just promotional content. Shows about to start, come to the show, extra.

Last edited:
I wouldn't care. I think snapchat is basically twitter. Most of what I see models post is just promotional content. Shows about to start, come to the show, extra.
My paid-for snapchat is very different than my Twitter. I hope most people don't think that way, otherwise they'd never think my snap is worth subscribing to.

Reactions: Gen and EmptyKins

On private sites, Popular models can hop from private to private. So if your talking to a model for more then a minute, your probable in a private.

On private sites, Popular models can hop from private to private. So if your talking to a model for more then a minute, your probable in a private.
Sorry dear but that still doesn't make any sense in context.

Status
Not open for further replies.