AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Desktop+Monitor+Webcam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2021
Notthingam,UK
www.chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@classymedeeea
Chaturbate Username
classy_medeeea
Good evening beautiful people,

Intel Core i9-12900K or AMD Ryzen 9 5950X?

PC Gaming Diaxx Advanced AMD Ryzen 9 5900X up to 4.8GHz 2TB HDD + SSD 1TB 32GB DDR4 Radeon RX 6800 XT 16GB GDDR6 256-bit--2.700Eu

MYRIA Vision 48W Desktop PC System Powered by ASUS, Intel Core i9-10850K up to 5.2GHz, 32GB, 1TB HDD + 480GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB, Windows 10 Home--2.900Eu

LED Monitor GIGABYTE Gaming M32U 31.5 inch 1 ms Black HDR 144 Hz--900Eu

Logitech PTZ Pro 2 Camera- webcam--600Eu

Budget 4k-5k +

Thanks in advance for your opinions and suggestions !!

A nice evening :* :*

uh these are high end gaming PCs and a complete waste of money if you are just planning to use them for camming. Your previous system specs you posted with the obs logs are more than plenty for camming.

edit: If its being shared with a gamer then I would pick the "MYRIA Vision 48W Desktop PC System Powered by ASUS, Intel Core i9-10850K up to 5.2GHz, 32GB, 1TB HDD + 480GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB, Windows 10 Home--2.900Eu" as I find nvidia/intel encoding to be more reliable than AMDs but even if theres a glitch with the amd hardware encoding the processor is more than capable of easily handling software encoding so not that big of a deal but if someone is also using the system for gaming they would prefer the geforce rtx 3080ti in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: classy_medeeea
@cbhours sorry for my "English" :)

To be honest, I did the configuration 2 years ago and I want to upgrade because the revenues have decreased for 2 years every month .... Honestly @cbhours do you think that if I do this upgrade I won't go up to the receipts ?? ... I say yes!

And if I haven't even tried, I'm missing 1 vacation :)

Thank you for the advice

Good evening beautiful people,

Intel Core i9-12900K or AMD Ryzen 9 5950X?

PC Gaming Diaxx Advanced AMD Ryzen 9 5900X up to 4.8GHz 2TB HDD + SSD 1TB 32GB DDR4 Radeon RX 6800 XT 16GB GDDR6 256-bit--2.700Eu

MYRIA Vision 48W Desktop PC System Powered by ASUS, Intel Core i9-10850K up to 5.2GHz, 32GB, 1TB HDD + 480GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB, Windows 10 Home--2.900Eu

LED Monitor GIGABYTE Gaming M32U 31.5 inch 1 ms Black HDR 144 Hz--900Eu

Logitech PTZ Pro 2 Camera- webcam--600Eu

Budget 4k-5k +

Thanks in advance for your opinions and suggestions !!

A nice evening :* :*

If you get a good Nvidia card (can be had for US $150-$300) for the encoding you don't need a powerful cpu (ie 4-6 cores would be fine). I can stream 1080P with a low end nvidia card on a ancient desktop whose total cpu power is less than a single core on any recent modern cpu. You only need all of the cpu cores if you need to use software encoding. And from my testing for x264 the AMD hardware encoding is really bad. AMD apparently did not put much effort in the x264 encoders, the newer encoders are supposed to be much better.

Unless your are playing games, a decent TV is way cheaper. I use a 43" 4k tv for my "monitor" and it is really good, not sure what spending more would get me. My 4k TV cost me $220US (the cheapest one I could find that had decent ratings and a headphone jack). The high refresh is really overrated for most things.

Having streamed now with a real camera via an HDMI-to-webcam converter, it is much better than a logitech 920 or Brio. Add a $150-$200 Pan-tilt and that should beat that PTZ webcam.

@cbhours sorry for my "English" :)

To be honest, I did the configuration 2 years ago and I want to upgrade because the revenues have decreased for 2 years every month .... Honestly @cbhours do you think that if I do this upgrade I won't go up to the receipts ?? ... I say yes!

And if I haven't even tried, I'm missing 1 vacation :)

Thank you for the advice

You will not see any improvement over your current computer as far as camming goes.

If you get a good Nvidia card (can be had for US $150-$300) for the encoding you don't need a powerful cpu (ie 4-6 cores would be fine). I can stream 1080P with a low end nvidia card on a ancient desktop whose total cpu power is less than a single core on any recent modern cpu. You only need all of the cpu cores if you need to use software encoding. And from my testing for x264 the AMD hardware encoding is really bad. AMD apparently did not put much effort in the x264 encoders, the newer encoders are supposed to be much better.

Unless your are playing games, a decent TV is way cheaper. I use a 43" 4k tv for my "monitor" and it is really good, not sure what spending more would get me. My 4k TV cost me $220US (the cheapest one I could find that had decent ratings and a headphone jack). The high refresh is really overrated for most things.

Having streamed now with a real camera via an HDMI-to-webcam converter, it is much better than a logitech 920 or Brio. Add a $150-$200 Pan-tilt and that should beat that PTZ webcam.
Thank you very much for the advice @maskedsissyslutforyou

Status
Not open for further replies.