AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Different model names

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2014
I've noticed that there are lots of models that cam on multiple sites and don't use the same or even similar names on each site. I was just curious what the theory was behind that?

I've started with bimbombastic at Streamate and CB and Dumblr, until Dumblr started to mess with camgirls. Then in the past few weeks before deciding going to MFC I got a new handler that I will make available once I moved completely there.

In my case it is that my character has developed into a more FinDom related one than a bimbo, but some of my punters like both styles, then I had to create a new handler that actually put Both characters together.

Some girls I met in the past was because of privacy, someone found them or they got bored after years with the same. It really will depend on what a girl wants.

I've noticed that there are lots of models that cam on multiple sites and don't use the same or even similar names on each site. I was just curious what the theory was behind that?

One reason could be that, since joining that first (or second) cam site, they've decided that they like the newer name better. And changing their model name on that first site might be a huge pain in the ass (might cause confusion for members...the model might be forced to close that account and open a new one, which may cause her to lose all of her 5-star ratings/reviews...etc.).

Also, I've heard some models say that they don't want certain members finding them on other sites, because on the other sites the model has to spend a lot of time in free chat (feels her regs will just hang out in free chat on there instead of spend $$$ on her on the other site like she's used to), and/or the model may have different prices on the other site and is worried the member will just see her on the site where it's "cheapest." Or they may be playing a totally different role on that other cam site...on that site she may do more of the domme shows.

Also, some models may decide to have a Streamate voyeur account that's strictly for watching her do housework, nap, etc., and she might have the word 'voyeur' in her screen name. And then she may have a regular model account on, say, MyFreeCams where she does the typical cam girl 'interacting with members' stuff.

My MFC name and Twitch name are different, I even have different twitters, emails, etc. for them. Because of the TOS on twitch and paypal I don't want anything from my MFC directly exposed on twitch. I mean, I know people are going to find me on MFC and that's okay, but nothing directly connected.

Sometimes a model doesn't want their users to know they are active on multiple sites especially when they broadcast in multiple places at the same time. For example some models will keep one site open while doing a private on another site in hope of getting privates in more than one place at the same time for extra income.

It could be many factors. Some models don't want to advertise the same name on each site either for privacy reasons or so they can attract a variety of regulars. It also depends on what kind of show the model does. For example, she could have more of a girl-next-door show on MFC and CB, and then more of a FinDomme persona on SM and Flirt4Free.

It also depend on the site, too. Some claim that they "own" your cam name, while others like MGF prefer cam girls to use a name that they don't have registered on another site. There are some cam girls who also make clips or do phone sex/sexting, and would rather keep those personas separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.