AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Dinosaur Nerds, UNITE! What's your favorite dinosaur?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit it is not a dinosaur, but it is still really cool. Quetzalcoatlus

zqFpI0Y.jpg

AbDCelb.jpg

Allosaurus because they were the first meat-eating dinos you could get in Zoo Tycoon and could unleash rampages on your zoo patrons :mrgreen:

Recent studies of fossilized scleral rings in the eye sockets of dinosaur skulls seem to indicate that many carnivorous dinosaurs (including Velociraptor) were nocturnal.

Imagine that... a pack of Velociraptors, lurking in the night.... :icon-twisted:

Little background about me-
I'm an Anthropology Major and I've taken some Paleo classes that were simply awesome so this thread is flipping awesome to me.

Also-
I love whales. Baleen whales to be exact (Humpbacks woot woot) I have always loved whales and I cannot wait until the day I get to see one. Going to cry... A LOT when that happens. ANYWHO...

In February (I think ??) of this year 4 new species were found to be the ancestors of baleen whales! How awesome is that. So by proxy they are my favorite of the "dino" class. I need to find out more on these discoveries and see if I can read the reports on them because this gives me a lady boner so hard.
Reading for you about them.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... eontology/

Sereph_Doll said:
Little background about me-
I'm an Anthropology Major and I've taken some Paleo classes that were simply awesome so this thread is flipping awesome to me.

Also-
I love whales. Baleen whales to be exact (Humpbacks woot woot) I have always loved whales and I cannot wait until the day I get to see one. Going to cry... A LOT when that happens. ANYWHO...

In February (I think ??) of this year 4 new species were found to be the ancestors of baleen whales! How awesome is that. So by proxy they are my favorite of the "dino" class. I need to find out more on these discoveries and see if I can read the reports on them because this gives me a lady boner so hard.
Reading for you about them.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... eontology/

Wow, that's a mind-boggler there! :shock: I occasionally find whale earbones or dolphin vertebrae on my fossil hunts in the river, but nothing NEAR that level.

Reactions: Sereph_Doll
Reactions: bakersman
ThunderWeasel said:
Mine's Deinonychus antirrhopus. It's a member of the dromaeosaur family of dinosaurs. If you saw Jurassic Park, the animal they were calling "Velociraptor" was actually a Deinonychus. Velociraptors were much smaller, about wolf size. Also, dromaeosaurs couldn't have opened doors the way the movie creatures did. Their wrists didn't bend that way. Their arms folded like a bird's wing, which has led to much debate over whether dromaeosaurs gave rise to birds, or if they were in fact a type of bird that had lost the flight ability, in much the same fashion as a modern ostrich or the "terror birds" of prehistoric North and South America.

As soon as I saw this thread, this is almost verbatim what I was going to say. FUCK YEAH DEINONYCHUS! Though I object to the ignorance propagated by things like the Jurassic Park franchise and other pop culture references, I still refer to them in my room as "raptors" for the sake of understanding, and my trademark move is thus the "raptorface." I just really, really love em. Feathers or no feathers, they're so incredibly impressive.

Also, since I'm also a Rubik's Cube aficionado, my favourite shirt:

Attachments

• BTgLeioCEAA8tOy.jpg
    BTgLeioCEAA8tOy.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 95
Triceratops! Herbivores, not usually violent, but this kind of "dino rhino"(heh, invented the term), if was attacked by a Tyrannosaurus-Rex, in the most cases would put the ferocious carnivore king on the run... A quiet beast, but better not to mess with it. :D

I love dinos, but mostly as I was lucky to enjoy playing with a super large plastic made miniatures collection than a kid friend of mine had at home.. Some of my best childhood moments are due to that... Maybe one of the reasons why am falling in love now with getting my models into 3D printing.

I would have to say mine is Spinosaurus aka the dino on a mission in Jurassic Park 3. I think I may have to watch all three today since I have the day off.

Now look what ya did! :woops:

Attachments

• Spinosaurus bitches!.jpg
    Spinosaurus bitches!.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.