AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

DMCA detection and takedown service

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2021
Hello everyone,
I'm a software engineer and I've been working for more than a month on a stolen content detection & removal system.
I have seen on CB and other sites that many people apply a simple watermark "DMCA protected" on their streams, which in fact does not protect them at all. I found this illusion of protection quite sad. So I looked for companies offering this protection service and I could see that the prices were exorbitant. So I have been working for a month on an alternative that is much cheaper. Contrary to other services, I only focus on tubes known to upload stolen videos (camwhoreshd, recurbate, xvideo...).
My service works the same way as the others. You just need to put a watermark on the video stream. A bot then scans 24 hours a day different sites (currently xhamster, camwhoreshd, recurbate) looking for videos containing the watermark thanks to a machine learning algorithm.
If a watermark is detected, a notification is sent to the author of the video to ask if he wants to perform a DMCA takedown request. If so, a request is automatically sent to the site.
I have estimated the price of this service at $13 per month.
Before launching it, I would like to reach a minimum of 5 analyzed sites and to have set up a site that allows anyone to test for watermark detection in a video. Trust being something very important and I want to be totally transparent about it. Anyone should be able to check that the service is working and get feedback on the number of videos scanned and watermark detection per day.
My goal is to offer protection to as many people as possible for the right price.
So I'm looking for people who can participate in a beta in a few weeks. In the meantime I would be happy to hear your suggestions and opinions on my project. Thank you :)
(if I got to the wrong section, thanks in advance to the moderator for the shift)

In theory, this sounds great but with it being put onto the user uploaded tubes, not ones recorded by bots, then a lot of users would quickly learn that cropping or blurring the watermark will be all that is needed to stop your bot crawlers to find and detect the uploaded content. Or is that not possible? Is it an invisible watermark of some kind?

Reactions: Spudddd and lotacy
In theory, this sounds great but with it being put onto the user uploaded tubes, not ones recorded by bots, then a lot of users would quickly learn that cropping or blurring the watermark will be all that is needed to stop your bot crawlers to find and detect the uploaded content. Or is that not possible? Is it an invisible watermark of some kind?
I've seen video streams where the very faint watermark moves around in the center of the picture at infrequent, irregular intervals. @Spudddd's service would probably benefit from a companion OBS function/plugin/whatever that inserts something nearly invisible like that into the stream.

You are totally right, it will be enough to blur the watermark so that it will not be detected. As you suggested, it is indeed possible to use an invisible watermark. This is what I'm currently working on since I posted this topic.
To give you some information, this concealment process is called steganography. There are a lot of algorithms, each with their advantages. Some of them resist better to video modification than others but at the expense of a small loss of quality. I have also started to watch the workings of an OBS plugin. It's funny we had the same thought process.

I've seen video streams where the very faint watermark moves around in the center of the picture at infrequent, irregular intervals. @Spudddd's service would probably benefit from a companion OBS function/plugin/whatever that inserts something nearly invisible like that into the stream.
Wow great idea, I hadn't thought of that. It can be much easier to implement and less greedy in calculation than an invisible watermark. I'll look into it, thanks.

EDIT: I can't edit my first post so I'll make the correction here. I made a mistake, DMCA.com does embed a fingerprint in their logo. I didn't know enough, sorry. I will now try to find out if their detection service is efficient. If this is not the case, this is where improvement can be made. I will also read all the DMCA related posts on the forum for information. Something I should have done before.

Last edited:
Reactions: lotacy and NotYou
Status
Not open for further replies.