AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do viewers care if you eat your lunch on cam?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LineahRose

Deactivated Account
Inactive Cam Model
Apr 13, 2014
United States
chaturbate.com
I don't do it everyday, but often times when I eat lunch i'll just stay on cam and chat with my viewers, sometimes play some music. Just chill. Is it something I should quit doing? Some guys leave when I bring out the food, but I find that the people who don't mind chatting usually stay.

LineahRose said:
I don't do it everyday, but often times when I eat lunch i'll just stay on cam and chat with my viewers, sometimes play some music. Just chill. Is it something I should quit doing? Some guys leave when I bring out the food, but I find that the people who don't mind chatting usually stay.

I normally don't because I think my room slows down when I do. Something like they think "oh, she's having a break, let's not bother her by starting the show in the topic with tokens." or something of that nature. To some it may look unprofessional, but I figure a good excuse is that it's tax deductible if you eat on cam, and you can at least claim to be recording it for a "eating fetish video" and that'll probably shut them up or they'll have a laugh.

I say if you're hungry...then eat. Few things worse then trying to work and starving.

I wait until my roomcount is up and my counting is rolling along. Then I have my face out-of-frame so I can dance or wiggle my bum while I snack. I find that way it doesnt hurt me too much.

LineahRose said:
Some guys leave when I bring out the food, but I find that the people who don't mind chatting usually stay.

Do the guys that stay tip extra to make up for the ones you lost? That's should help figure out what you should do.

I really don't like watching, or hearing, people eat on cam. To be blunt, I find it very off-putting. It's like when someone is eating while talking to you on the phone. Yuck.

Before I was able to cam full time again, i would be camming for ridiculous hours.... So the guys in my room would understand, and would actually tip me to stay online and eat so they could still talk to me. I also tend to eat some breakfast if I cam before 8am. Usually something small. No one seems to mind.

But it's your room, you just have to get a feel for how your members react to what you do.

Reactions: goldenaye666
I focus the camera on my butt and wiggle it and stuff, so there's something entertaining going on, and make sure to chew with my mouth closed so you can't hear me. If someone asks a question, I make sure to swallow before answering, so it doesn't sound bad.

I won't say it bothers me enough to leave a room. Plus certain things can be eaten is very sexy fashion :D. However,if I am just channel surfing and girl is eating in her preview, I won't enter.

I rather enjoy watching a model eat. I think there's a definite erotic component, plus I'd much rather see them eat openly than trying to hide it by moving their head off cam or pointing their derriere at the cam...goodness that makes one look like a household pet eating.

I don't even mind if you talk while eating, if you've mastered the ability to do that without us actually seeing the food revolving around like a pair of dirty shorts in a front load washing machine. :lol:

I definitely don't mind if a model eats on cam--I wouldn't necessarily seek it out--but a good bulk of the cam-watching experience for me is similar to hanging out with a friend--and well... my friends IRL like snacks, so it seems like a normal activity to me. I totally understand if a model isn't comfortable eating on cam--but I think it can definitely humanize and bring a certain "realness" to the situation if a gorgeous model is suddenly chowing down on a giant burger or scarfing down a burrito--and while such events are sure to scare off some people--I think it only adds to the fun. Plus, I really like food and food-related topics--and love talking about it (and it's a common conversational topic in most of the rooms I frequent) so... I think it would be a bit rude of me to judge someone for eating in front of me.

If I find out a model (or really anyone in any situation), is really hungry on cam--then I will suddenly REALLY want them to eat something (same thing goes for thirst or any other basic human need). For some reason knowing that someone is hungry and unable to eat (even if it's because of work) makes me super uncomfortable--I've definitely tipped a model or two to run and grab a snack or a glass of water. I figure, as others have mentioned above, that if everyone is energized, happy, and not hungry that the overall experience will be a better one.

krukstyle said:
if a gorgeous model is suddenly chowing down on a giant burger or scarfing down a burrito

Funny that you mention those, as they're a couple items that I've eaten on cam in the past couple weeks. My schedule is such that, even though I do short cam shifts, they're immediately after my office shift, and the best time for me to eat dinner is right in the middle of the shift, and if my sister runs to a fast food joint for her own meal, I'm not one to turn down free food when offered.

General explanation to further explain why I do what I do:

I feel that a bigger model eating one of those items on cam could quickly lead to a room full of trolls, and it's not fun for the model or the friendly folks in her room to deal with that, even if she has her finger on the ignore button. So I eat standing up, back to the cam, with the cam set at butt-level. No food is even apparent unless you were in the room when I said "time to eat my dinner - look at my butt!" And this tends to bring more viewers into the room, as there's a butt that's hanging out in front of the cam and dancing. Thanks to working retail at a busy mall, I can down a decent sized burger from Hardy's in the space of about five minutes, which is plenty of time to keep the butt fans entertained but not bored - and my butt is my "cash cow", so that kinda works in my favor.

And, no, that's not an awkward way for me to eat. After working retail and food, the fact that you're eating at all during your shift is worthy of gratitude. I've downed a meal while sprinting through the mall to get back from break on time.

If I am eating on cam it means I have just had multiple orgasms and need fuel for more. Generally, I eat pb and j with a small glass of milk. I like to tell my friends to grab themselves a snack and join me. It makes me so happy and fulfilled to have orgasms and share a bite with my internet friends. My regulars don't mind at all. They've come to expect it. It's our after sex sandwich.

:lol:

krukstyle said:
If I find out a model (or really anyone in any situation), is really hungry on cam--then I will suddenly REALLY want them to eat something (same thing goes for thirst or any other basic human need). For some reason knowing that someone is hungry and unable to eat (even if it's because of work) makes me super uncomfortable--I've definitely tipped a model or two to run and grab a snack or a glass of water. I figure, as others have mentioned above, that if everyone is energized, happy, and not hungry that the overall experience will be a better one.

Awe. This is such a compassionate sentiment, I just swooned. Two thumbs up and a high five for caring.

Just something to think about...

There are members who prefer the model to be "in the moment" at all times. Anything that disrupts the flow of sexy time won't fly well with those viewers whom are only looking to to get their rocks off. I mean, it's perfectly reasonable to nourish if you're hungry, even if it's on camera, so don't let it stop you from what is necessary. Your regulars shouldn't mind. But could be a deterrent for potential new tippers who are looking for a thrill.
:twocents-02cents:

LOL I thought eating on cam was a camming sin. :lol:

I never eat on cam. :liar:

I actually like when models eat on cam (as long as they chew with their mouth closed). To me, it's like those fun times when you get to see a different part of their house. It's like finding out a little more about them as a person. I like to think "Oh, she gets THAT from Taco Bell? Hope she puts hot sauce on it! She did! OOOOH! Me too!!! We're like BFFs forever!" I know, kinda dumb. But almost all of our regulars are eating while they hang out, so most don't have a problem with it (if your room is not ALWAYS sexytimes). :twocents-02cents:

Doesn't bother me at all provided she's not eating like a total slob, lol, it gives us more insight to her personality. I also enjoy the chat times without the model feeling like she's pressured to keep her cam score rising... sorta like the way MFC used to be.

:twocents-02cents:

Reactions: Poker_Babe
I actually get very self conscious about eating on cam. The few times I've done it due to low blood sugar I've had some nasty comments.
Granted, they were Guests, it still just makes me nervous. So sometimes I will have to log off because my blood sugar is low and I'm afraid to eat on cam. It's good to see that a lot of members don't care. Thank you guys :)

A model eating on cam is fine by me as long as shes not a pig about it. By that I mean doesn't gorge her face or chew with her mouth open. You know, basic manners that our folks were supposed to teach us about eating at the table. One 'nameless' model asked if she could eat a 'sammich' because she'd been on so long. Chat was moving quite well and said sure. She proceeds to go make a nice looking one and scarfs it down in 6 BIG bites. The room fell silent.... even after she was done, people seemed dumbfounded at her lack of couth on cam. Wiped her chin and mouth on a shirt she picked up. :shock: The chat took awhile to recover from the carnage it had witnessed.
The other side of the coin is a girl I still frequent. She snacks fairly often and makes it look very enticing while doing it. When she eats an ice cream on a stick... OMG... she shows her 'oral skills' and the tips roll in with the appropriate amour filled commentary. At least in her room, the guys seem to prefer the ice cream demonstration over a rubber cock sucking.

Status
Not open for further replies.