AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do you ever wonder if your "crew" is holding you back?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2015
First let me address my paranoia of creating a new topic for something that must have been posted on here before. I saw some older locked threads that had some points I am interested in discussing, but did not find anything recent that was necessarily relevant.

Your good regulars (aka your "crew").
I think, overall, having a good crew that contributes regularly (contribute meaning any positive effect on the room) is a great thing for any room to have, but do you ever wonder if your crew can be a significant factor in why a model may be "plateauing" / struggling to attract more regulars?

Recently, I have been in a few rooms where it has gotten me thinking about this topic and whether I need to better watch my behavior in the room where I am typically a regular. Below are some points where I think there could be merit into this notion of the crew holding a model back (all points where I have been guilty of at least once).
  1. The inside jokes - when the crew uses inside jokes a bit too much, I can see how new visitors get lost / confused in the conversation and ultimately feel intimidated in trying to jump in the conversation.
  2. Overly protective / white knight syndrome - your crew cares a lot about you. Sometimes a new visitor, not knowing all the rules of the room, makes a comment that is perceived as disrespectful. Your crew gets on the member's case. In most cases, the member really was a jerk you did not want in your room, but there are probably a few that were just misunderstandings. Also, could other new visitors in the room now be afraid to say anything after watching the other member get smacked down?
  3. Cliquish - this may overlap with other items, but I have been in rooms where only the clique talks to each other and are not so welcoming to new visitors. They are not rude to the new visitors, but maybe just don't feel as comfortable and open talking to new people. I try to make a point to greet anyone who says hi (whether a regular or someone new). If I notice a new member who is contributing nicely, I try to engage that member more in the conversations.
  4. The frequent and/or big tippers - how can this be a problem? I don't know. It probably isn't, but I sometimes get the sense that when your crew is making your day through tips, it can be intimidating to new tippers.
  5. The Jealous Regular - this one is rare because your crew typically wants to see you happy, but I can think of times where a new visitor comes in, makes a big splash and gobbles up most of the model's and/or room's attention. The "older regular" is thinking, "who is this new turkey on the farm" and starts to get a little defensive and/or competitive. Of course, competitive tipping can be interesting, but I can see it scaring away what could have been a new big contributing regular.
  6. Your crew is just weird - whether it be your personality that attracted these weirdos (I mean that in a good nice way) or whatever, but you've found yourself in a "niche market." Do you try and "course correct" to attract new visitors from "the mainstream" at risk of potentially upsetting your crew of weirdos? Though, if you have a truly good crew, they will adapt with you!
  7. There are more, but I'm really starting to get hungry and must go out to eat.
The more I think about this, the more I wonder if it is less what I do in a room vs. how the model manages her room? Of course, a model cannot control what her members say and do, but I suppose if the model thinks her crew could be holding her back, how does she address the issue without making matters worse?

This is a cool post, thanks for sharing.

I was thinking about this yesterday ; the vibe varies in different chat rooms strongly based on the model and the regulars she attracts.

I'm on myfreecams and spend a ton of time on my premium member account, hanging / sometimes tipping in models rooms.

I was in Kickaz's room yesterday and spoke in the chat and about ten of her regulars immediately said hi to me and made me feel welcome, and Kickaz said hi too.

In Leah Strange's room, everyone in her room was super oddball and there was lots of layers of quirky inside jokes. I didn't quite fit in or come back. However, those part of her crew LOVED her room intensely, which I believe is intended to be a haven for the strange. I'm pretty sure if I matched the personalities in the room, I would have been welcomed into the fold immediately.

I think if you change the way you are on cam to attract more people, you lose your magic.

Kickaz might just naturally be more universally appealing, but I think if Leah Strange tried to be less strange, what was amazing about her room would be gone, even if it was only appealing to a small demographic of people.

That being said, encouraging your regulars to always say hi to new people and not make fun of them (unless warranted) could be a really good thing.

It's really hard to pull off a balance. I've had some people even express to me that they feel unwelcome because my room is too clique-ish and too enthusiastic (applauding everytime anyone tips, over exuberance in trying to befriend anyone that says a single word and ultimately scaring them off) but after talking to my regs about it they'll tone it down for a few days and then return to normal and other than trying to talk them about in constantly the only other option is to ban which most girls don't have the luxury to do (ban all your regulars in hopes of attracting more??? good luck!).

• Funny!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
I think, overall, having a good crew that contributes regularly (contribute meaning any positive effect on the room) is a great thing for any room to have, but do you ever wonder if your crew can be a significant factor in why a model may be "plateauing" / struggling to attract more regulars?
  1. The inside jokes
  2. Cliquish
  3. Your crew is just weird

From a members side of things I know a good crew can sometimes be a bad thing. A while back I visited a new [new to me] model and started hanging out a few times. Even ended up doing a couple longer marathon cam sessions with her; I was in her room the whole time she was on cam. She's really sweet and friendly, so nothing bad to say about her at all.

But her crew is an entirely different matter. They were/are an uber extreme clique, more so than I've seen in any other room. They would mostly chat among themselves, usually not even acknowledging anything I said. This went on for hours and hours during the camathons (yes, even the 2nd time) and continued for weeks whenever I visited later. I think unless you had tipped a really high amount to be a member of her club or had been there since the first week of her camming, you were pretty much ostracized.

They also had an annoying habit of going way overboard on the cheering whenever anyone tipped. They [literally every one in her crew] would post one certain emote over and over for tipping. I honestly got so sick of that emote I get a queasy feeling in my gut if I see it used in any other room to this day. Seriously, if someone uses it too much elsewhere now I put them on ignore so I don't have to see it. That's how much they use that emote.

Like I said, she's really sweet. I lounge visit her once in a while. But I can't go back to her room because of her crew.

Saying "Hi" is one thing, but if your first words ever in a model's room are "Nice tits" or "Show your butthole", etc. I will "ignore" your right away. I don't make a big deal about it in chat or anything, I just quietly do it so I don't have to deal with your stupidity. That may explain some of the lack of replies if you've done this.
Many regulars talk among themselves because others don't talk or only talk in the above-mentioned phrases.

I know, I know this is in the "Ask a Model" section but, as a member, I've thought and fretted about this subject quite a bit.

The inside jokes - when the crew uses inside jokes a bit too much, I can see how new visitors get lost / confused in the conversation and ultimately feel intimidated in trying to jump in the conversation.
I've definitely been guilty of this in the past. It's an easy trap to fall into for sure. I think that it's not something that can be eliminated completely from a very tight room, but it has to be limited imo. In the room I'm a regular in some of us will actually briefly explain an inside joke to new visitors. Though I personally try to keep it minimum nowadays.

Overly protective / white knight syndrome - your crew cares a lot about you. Sometimes a new visitor, not knowing all the rules of the room, makes a comment that is perceived as disrespectful. Your crew gets on the member's case. In most cases, the member really was a jerk you did not want in your room, but there are probably a few that were just misunderstandings. Also, could other new visitors in the room now be afraid to say anything after watching the other member get smacked down?
*raises hand* I've done this one too, but have stopped (I do slip up from time to time though!) NO one likes to get jumped on for an honest mistake, and a model can deal with the ones who aren't making an innocent faux pas.

...it's a tough one though, some bloobs and trolls can just be dickheads...

Cliquish - this may overlap with other items, but I have been in rooms where only the clique talks to each other and are not so welcoming to new visitors. They are not rude to the new visitors, but maybe just don't feel as comfortable and open talking to new people. I try to make a point to greet anyone who says hi (whether a regular or someone new). If I notice a new member who is contributing nicely, I try to engage that member more in the conversations.
This is a hard one; I try my hardest to not be super cliquish. I'm not completely comfortable talking with new people, and that may have something to do with this. It's definitely not something I would ever do intentionally. I'll usually say "Hi" to new people engaging the room, but sometimes I wonder if the new person visiting doesn't want to be bombarded with fellow members bugging them. I would think they want the models attention, not mine. (There are others in the room that fill the ultra friendly role in the room I frequent, so I sit back a bit with this)

The frequent and/or big tippers - how can this be a problem? I don't know. It probably isn't, but I sometimes get the sense that when your crew is making your day through tips, it can be intimidating to new tippers.

DUUUUUDE, This is something I've been thinking about a LOT lately! I always wonder if there's an expectation put on big tippers to "make it happen" (not necessarily on purpose), or even that it's an intimidation factor for the rest of the room (new tippers as well a regulars). If there's a game to play it makes it easier to tip frequently, because I like to participate and engage. For bigger tips I've started ninja tipping a lot more and putting in the tip note "Use as you'd like".

All in all, this really is such a tricky thing, so in general I try and take every show as it comes, then I'll adjust my tipping habits accordingly.

The Jealous Regular - this one is rare because your crew typically wants to see you happy, but I can think of times where a new visitor comes in, makes a big splash and gobbles up most of the model's and/or room's attention. The "older regular" is thinking, "who is this new turkey on the farm" and starts to get a little defensive and/or competitive. Of course, competitive tipping can be interesting, but I can see it scaring away what could have been a new big contributing regular.

Oh god, *facepalm* I've had this problem. This is definitely an insecurity issue for sure! I'm barring my soul here, there are things I honestly struggle/have struggled with, and I think it's a healthy thing to talk about :bag:

..."insecurity" that's super sexy right? :p

Your crew is just weird - whether it be your personality that attracted these weirdos (I mean that in a good nice way) or whatever, but you've found yourself in a "niche market." Do you try and "course correct" to attract new visitors from "the mainstream" at risk of potentially upsetting your crew of weirdos? Though, if you have a truly good crew, they will adapt with you!
I'm a total weirdo, but hopefully I can flex with the model too!

The more I think about this, the more I wonder if it is less what I do in a room vs. how the model manages her room?

Both maybe? Regulars definitely need to do their part though! Being respectful of the model and the room in general is a giant part of that!

Many regulars talk among themselves because others don't talk or only talk in the above-mentioned phrases.

This is true!!!

HA, I always refer to "the room I frequent" which I think a lot of people already know which on that is...I crack myself up.

A lot of the conversation has been focused on the negatives that a crew can provide.

But on the other hand their are a lot of positives a crew can provide to a model.

For example: Constant Activity
- It's much more interesting to be in a room. Where the model is highly active, and I think that's much easier when she has people she's comfortable and use to. Having a crew provides that luxury at a consistently.

In terms of what models can do
I think maybe focusing on interacting with new members would be one thing. Especially if they're trying to contribute to the conversation. Doing so might push over members in the rom to respond

• Helpful!
Reactions: WickedTouch and Gen
I've had most of these problems from time to time. I made a concerted effort to encourage and reward behaviour that was inclusive to others in my room. This means that there is a CULTURE in my room now that older regulars RECOGNIZE and ENCOURAGE new tippers because they know this will take the strain off them financially to help me along. One thing that is SUPER commonly done in my room is where someone will tip for another NEW-ish regular to recieve a month in my pound, a month of snapchat.. or some other prize. I've had a scary amount of 6000 token give-aways for life time status.

What this means is that new guy who came in, went premium and said "i went premium for you and heres my first 200tks" immediately gets welcomed and Old-guy goes "I have 900tks i was gonna spend on lolli. Thanks for going premium and helping! Here's a pound membership, welcome to her room!"

I also have a lot of subs who LOVE to be publically humiliated etc. Depending on the room vibe, this can be bad or good.. offputting etc. They have been taught to have a habit of making sure their fetishes aren't negatively impacting me - if the room vibe is more vanilla we take it to PM. if they are talking about their fetish in public, they will disclaimer it with "I really love being called names it turns me on" so i dont look like the bitch.

Basically, i want to impress upon girls reading this thread that YOU ARE THE LEADER in your room - and if you LEAD them to be a cliquey bunch of assholes they will be. Empower them to help you succeed. Reward welcoming, inclusive behavior. Discourage unwelcoming behavior.

Encourage them to explain the inside jokes, to tip for others to feel included, to welcome new tippers and to explain weirdness you have. Don't let them speak FOR you - but let them help the way you want them to help. The key thing is to focus on what you WANT them to do, how you want them to be - and to lead by example. Don't just tell them not to do x y z... positive reinforcement and leading by example.

One thing that is SUPER commonly done in my room is where someone will tip for another NEW-ish regular to recieve a month in my pound, a month of snapchat.. or some other prize.

This is a great thing for sure, and I've done similar things, but am VERY careful with how I do it now. I found out later that being overly generous can have a negative impact on some. I know that I've chased off a couple of potential tippers this way. It was pretty painful to know that by being "nice" I possibly hurt the model. I believe I hurt the ego of the newer visitors by giving them something for "free" (even though they had been tipping and contributing positively to the conversations).

That being said, I want to reiterate that I still try to do nice things like that. I'm just more conscious of the situation and varied unpredictable feelings that can come up.

This is a great thing for sure, and I've done similar things, but am VERY careful with how I do it now. I found out later that being overly generous can have a negative impact on some. I know that I've chased off a couple of potential tippers this way. It was pretty painful to know that by being "nice" I possibly hurt the model. I believe I hurt the ego of the newer visitors by giving them something for "free" (even though they had been tipping and contributing positively to the conversations).

That being said, I want to reiterate that I still try to do nice things like that. I'm just more conscious of the situation and varied unpredictable feelings that can come up.

Checking with me first is a thing my room knows to do. They will check in "does this person deserve this thing?" "is it ok if i tip for this person to get this" in a pm.

I think that should be reiterated - its up to the model to lead. If this thing that happens in my room wont work in their room... then dont encourage it. THe point wasn't specifically about tipping for other people to feel welcome but more that models have it in their power to LEAD their room to be welcoming in whatever way works for them. I hope that makes sense?

Checking with me first is a thing my room knows to do. They will check in "does this person deserve this thing?" "is it ok if i tip for this person to get this" in a pm.

I think that should be reiterated - its up to the model to lead. If this thing that happens in my room wont work in their room... then dont encourage it. THe point wasn't specifically about tipping for other people to feel welcome but more that models have it in their power to LEAD their room to be welcoming in whatever way works for them. I hope that makes sense?

Oh, of course! And yes, it was cleared and OK'd by the model. I wouldn't simply do something like that that on my own. I should have made that clearer :)

• Hugs
Reactions: MsDonkey and Gen
Oh, of course! And yes, it was cleared and OK'd by the model. I wouldn't simply do something like that that on my own. I should have made that clearer :)

If you cleared it with her.. imo its nothing to feel guilty for. At that point, its her decision and the consequences of that are kinda her deal.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
I don't have a crew! I've been trying to unlock the secret of it for a long time. It is rare when I even have a regular! Having someone on with me for an hour at a time is like the greatest thing to ever happen to me. It felt so comfortable. I am so envious of girls with crews and have spent hours watching other girls to learn, but it hasn't broken through for me yet.

I have a small little crew, but am wondering on how to deal with one of them specifically. He's (usually) a sweetheart, likes to be my room helper and I can usually bank on him being in my room if we're online at the same time. Howeevvvvver -- He is getting really, really controlling.

I have started logging on during the days (conflicting schedules with parents, living at home makes camming a bit tricky because I can't be too loud at night), and today I received a barrage of twitter messages from him BLASTING me for switching up my times. I do not have a set schedule yet because I'm still feeling out the site, and I've been clear about not really knowing from one day to the next when I'll be on. He keeps going on about how I "must not care for him as a person" because I "don't listen to what he has to say". It's grating, and I feel like I should block him, but also don't want to lose one of my very, very few regulars.

When I do allow him to be my room helper, he likes to spam my chat with "don't forget to tip!" messages and links to my twitter. It's well meaning, but I also don't want to seem needy to my other watchers.One of my other regulars messaged me to tell me the constant messages are a bit of a turn off.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but saw the thread and I'm wondering. I'm still building a following, so I'm not sure how to really approach this.

I have a small little crew, but am wondering on how to deal with one of them specifically. He's (usually) a sweetheart, likes to be my room helper and I can usually bank on him being in my room if we're online at the same time. Howeevvvvver -- He is getting really, really controlling.

I have started logging on during the days (conflicting schedules with parents, living at home makes camming a bit tricky because I can't be too loud at night), and today I received a barrage of twitter messages from him BLASTING me for switching up my times. I do not have a set schedule yet because I'm still feeling out the site, and I've been clear about not really knowing from one day to the next when I'll be on. He keeps going on about how I "must not care for him as a person" because I "don't listen to what he has to say". It's grating, and I feel like I should block him, but also don't want to lose one of my very, very few regulars.

When I do allow him to be my room helper, he likes to spam my chat with "don't forget to tip!" messages and links to my twitter. It's well meaning, but I also don't want to seem needy to my other watchers.One of my other regulars messaged me to tell me the constant messages are a bit of a turn off.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but saw the thread and I'm wondering. I'm still building a following, so I'm not sure how to really approach this.

As a member this is the kind of room helper I hate hate hate. When I see this sort of thing I normally end up just leaving. I dont bother saying anything because I assume the model and room helper have a bond and so there is just no point. I know from previous threads a lot of other members will feel the same way about this type of room helper and I'd be willing to bet he has probably already cost you a lot of members who will just leave without kicking up a fuss.

I'd say you really need to lay down the law and tell him exactly what you expect from him as a room helper or otherwise he'll have to go back to being just a regular member or even being banned. It sounds to me like he's on a power trip and you need to remind him that you're the boss in your room.

As a member this is the kind of room helper I hate hate hate. When I see this sort of thing I normally end up just leaving. I dont bother saying anything because I assume the model and room helper have a bond and so there is just no point. I know from previous threads a lot of other members will feel the same way about this type of room helper and I'd be willing to bet he has probably already cost you a lot of members who will just leave without kicking up a fuss.

I'd say you really need to lay down the law and tell him exactly what you expect from him as a room helper or otherwise he'll have to go back to being just a regular member or even being banned. It sounds to me like he's on a power trip and you need to remind him that you're the boss in your room.

I told him I wanted to switch up my room helpers and he told me he's not coming back ever. Which, fine, don't if you don't want to, that's your prerogative. It was nice initially, but he's definitely been power tripping. I sent him a message telling him to chill with the controlling comments, and he said he'd only considering coming back to my room if I promised he gets to be the room helper if he's in there. I said no, and that seems to be the end of that.

The bigger pet peeve to is that he'll sit there without tipping for my entire show but spam my wall. The company was nice, especially because I'm still building my audience and my rooms are usually pretty quiet, but I dunno. I have a problem with him shaking down my other customers to tip so that he can finally see me naked. /rant

One of the most common things I've seen veteran camgirls say is "I wish I'd learned to be lenient with my ban button sooner" or, upon banning a regular, "I wish I'd banned him sooner".

Guys who throw a fit about being a room helper or about you camming when they aren't there are usually irredeemable, in my opinion. A bad room helper or a bad regular can seriously fuck up the vibe in your room, like @fandango said - a room helper like that would cause me to silently leave the room. And that costs you money!

In my opinion, a room helper should be helpful, and a regular should be someone you regularly enjoy seeing. This guy sounds like a douche and I bet he's costing you more money (and mental energy) than he's giving you.

One of the most common things I've seen veteran camgirls say is "I wish I'd learned to be lenient with my ban button sooner" or, upon banning a regular, "I wish I'd banned him sooner".

Guys who throw a fit about being a room helper or about you camming when they aren't there are usually irredeemable, in my opinion. A bad room helper or a bad regular can seriously fuck up the vibe in your room, like @fandango said - a room helper like that would cause me to silently leave the room. And that costs you money!

In my opinion, a room helper should be helpful, and a regular should be someone you regularly enjoy seeing. This guy sounds like a douche and I bet he's costing you more money (and mental energy) than he's giving you.

That's good advice to hear. I'm only about two weeks into this, and it's been a huuuge learning curve. I have one really, really wonderful regular that comes in and chats and tips, and I think it's time to kick the other one out. I went from making a few hundred/thousand tokens a night on MFC to like, pennies, basically over night. Maybe a change in vibe will help things out....

I feel bad banning him because I think he does seem to have a few of his own issues, based on his twitter it seems he's in a wheelchair and still lives at home. I was trying to avoid drama because I think he's a bit of clinger and wouldn't be above tweeting about me being 'mean' to him, but at the end of the day the vibe in my room and my ability to bring in a crowd are most important.

Appreciate the insight!

• Hugs
Reactions: ACFFAN69 and Gen
I told him I wanted to switch up my room helpers and he told me he's not coming back ever. Which, fine, don't if you don't want to, that's your prerogative. It was nice initially, but he's definitely been power tripping. I sent him a message telling him to chill with the controlling comments, and he said he'd only considering coming back to my room if I promised he gets to be the room helper if he's in there. I said no, and that seems to be the end of that.

The bigger pet peeve to is that he'll sit there without tipping for my entire show but spam my wall. The company was nice, especially because I'm still building my audience and my rooms are usually pretty quiet, but I dunno. I have a problem with him shaking down my other customers to tip so that he can finally see me naked. /rant

That sucks. I agree with fandango and GenXoxo. In my opinion, if this person is ultimately causing more harm than good, even after you had a "talk" with him, he may just need to be banned. Though, something tells me he's the type to take to social media with his irrational behavior (I guess he already proved that), but I think most people would see him for what he is and everyone can move on with life.

I have a problem with him shaking down my other customers to tip so that he can finally see me naked

When i see something like that, part of me thinks the helper is caught up in earning brownie points, that he's eager to climb higher & higher within your good graces if his "helping" rakes in more tips. That's just a gut feeling.

But that drives me insane when it comes to over-doing the job. It really hurts the room more than it helps, which is highly ironic when helpers believe their actions are beneficial. I find the best helpers are minimally invasive, and only step in when absolutely necessary. Even better when they act like they're undercover in a sense that you no one notices the helper's presence to begin with, imho. That allows the room to free flow (if it's not quiet) for a much better atmosphere. It's a tacky look when the helper constantly harps for tips or force a conversation out of other members (example: "Really? There's a beautiful woman on screen and no one is talking to her?"), even when everyone else is silent.

Personally, it sounds like he fits the profile of the type of room helper that I hate. The power tripper! The guy who always feels the need to exert his control on a room is not a help to the model, but a hindrance. Over use of "tip now" style emotes to hassle tippers to contribute is the fastest way to get tippers like myself to stop tipping in a room... or even leave.

This kind of behaviour will just annoy the crap out of the room. Members who tip have paid for tokens with their own money and don't want another member telling them when/how to tip. Not now, not ever!

I have one really, really wonderful regular that comes in and chats and tips, and I think it's time to kick the other one out. I went from making a few hundred/thousand tokens a night on MFC to like, pennies, basically over night. Maybe a change in vibe will help things out....

I feel bad banning him because I think he does seem to have a few of his own issues, based on his twitter it seems he's in a wheelchair and still lives at home. I was trying to avoid drama because I think he's a bit of clinger and wouldn't be above tweeting about me being 'mean' to him, but at the end of the day the vibe in my room and my ability to bring in a crowd are most important.

Appreciate the insight!

Don't feel bad about having to ban him. He is overstepping the mark big time and creating drama instead of helping things run smoothly. He failed as a room helper.

I agree with@mutantdonut. Room helpers have to be almost invisible to work at their best. They should be like the models third hand, helping carry the weight, adding a few tips now and then, providing some conversation in the room when it goes quiet and (occasionally) helping her promote her content. However, very few helpers seem to be able to achieve that without becoming the room dictator, even a barrier between room and model and ultimately costing the model money!

hen i see something like that, part of me thinks the helper is caught up in earning brownie points, that he's eager to climb higher & higher within your good graces if his "helping" rakes in more tips. That's just a gut feeling.

That's EXACTLY what he thought he was doing. He'd say things like "I need to get brownie points so I can keep helping!"

But his helping definitely seems to have hurt me. I've been on only two weeks and all of this started during prime New Girl Status -- I've been battling a steadily falling cam score and completely struggling to draw anyone into my rooms. Seems like this might've been why, especially if the members are saying they can't stand this.

Don't feel bad about having to ban him. He is overstepping the mark big time and creating drama instead of helping things run smoothly. He failed as a room helper.

I've banned him for future. I tried to give him a chance to redeem himself to just come hang out in my rooms WITHOUT being room helper and he lost his mind at me. I unfollowed him on Twitter (he was taking to tweets to get upset with me for going online when he wasn't on, etc.) and he seems to have blocked me there. I have no real issues with having banned him, it seems like it was the right choice

Thank you so much to everyone that responded to this, I really appreciate the feedback!

I've seen all types of things happen in rooms down the years. The worst of these was probably the controlling regular who wanted to dictate times a model is on and who she could private with and was pressuring for a meetup. If it gets to that point then you're way past being better off without them.

I'm a big believer in the saying "Your room, your rules". Even if you are submissive by nature there come times when you got to make a stand and enforce your rules. As others have said this can start out with a private chat explaining that you need them to knock their behavoiur on the head but ultimately they have to know that if they don't tow your line, then you will ban them.

I've also be fortuate to be in some very nice inclusive crews, such as the biscuits, I was acting as sort of room helper for the early biscuits, before that name came about, shortly after Alice changed the type of shows she'd been doing.

Those first few months I think were quite hard going as it was like starting over for her. I saw my job as trying to head off those repeat questions such as "what keyboard is that?" and "what mic is that?". I also kept count of numbers used in the guessing games and of the topic(this was before the remains function) and plug twitter and some other things.

As the room count numbers increased and I couldn't be on at the same time as Alice and others took over the role. To be honest I was glad of that as being a room helper can be hard work. I'm in agreement that room helpers should be as invisible as possible and certainly shouldn't be demanding others tip or doing it for brownie points.

Even a group such as the Biscuits from time to time will have claims thrown against them. I think my favourite was that we was a cult. Alice can certainly summon the biscuits to go raiding as some of you have seen or experienced and the biscuits do sometimes work on things behind the scenes usually through Sonic who is currently the closest thing to a head the member biscuits have but we would never go against Alices wishes, otherwise I think someone would say something.

As room helpers go, I really like the automated ones like Charlesbot. No power trips, no controlling, no incessant urging other members to tip. Plus they don't screw up the count.

I've seen all types of things happen in rooms down the years. The worst of these was probably the controlling regular who wanted to dictate times a model is on and who she could private with and was pressuring for a meetup. If it gets to that point then you're way past being better off without them.

Even a group such as the Biscuits from time to time will have claims thrown against them. I think my favourite was that we was a cult. Alice can certainly summon the biscuits to go raiding as some of you have seen or experienced and the biscuits do sometimes work on things behind the scenes usually through Sonic who is currently the closest thing to a head the member biscuits have but we would never go against Alices wishes, otherwise I think someone would say something.

When I created this topic, I thought to myself that Alice has one of the tightest crews I have ever seen. I usually just visit briefly for the music, so I am actually not usually paying too much to the conversation. That's not to say that I find anything wrong with the crew. I do find the crew very inclusive to new members (at least the ones who are respectful). In fact, I love it when that one Biscuiteer tips "for those who cannot."

That's EXACTLY what he thought he was doing. He'd say things like "I need to get brownie points so I can keep helping!"

As a parallel to the subject, i've seen Twitch members begging to become moderators. There's no huge perk other than feeling like a special snowflake. Similar to how members want to be Twitch mods, i get that feeling certain room helpers treat their title like a status symbol. In the case of your guy, it sounds like it was getting to his head.

I dunno. That Charlesbot seems to be insatiable. He is in so many rooms and not once do I ever see him tip. At least that ninja guy tips!

It took me about 2 weeks after I started camming to understand who "ninja" was.

And I swear I only found out when someone ninja tipped and I was all, "OMG THANKS PERSONS NAME" and he immediately PMd me explaining the error of my ways. lol

• Funny!
Reactions: Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.