AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do you have your own website?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KenzieCams

Cam Model
Jan 29, 2020
Florida
allmylinks.com
Obviously Amber does 😂 But wondering if anyone else has a website and if it's worth it. I kinda want all my stuff in one spot. I have an AllMyLinks but I also kinda want a blog I probably won't update and maybe my own membership site I doubt anyone will subscribe to LOL. I mean, I would totally go all in if its lucrative. I'm just trying to figure out if it is and thought I would ask if anyone who has a website finds it helpful?

Reactions: anabeauty37
Having your own domain name is always handy. You can redirect it to whatever you want if you're not hosting a site on it. That way you can have one url for advertising or as a watermark.

I have my site, it was mainly set up for email capture (defiantly the biggest reason to set up a site), then came the well if I am paying for the hosting then I may aswell add in the blog that never get's updated, I looked into adding a clip store and subscription section, but the cost of the storage space would have been a lot more than I would ave expected it to make. Been planning to Overhaul it for a long time (it's current iteration was always ment to be a temp site), but other than the email signups and random tutorial or software downloads I dont do much with it, so it keeps getting pushed back to the end of the todo list. Maybe that will change, proberly not, what's infiatly more useful is the domain name, being able to set up custom links for everything like onlyfans.kingmarti.com, store.kingmarti.com, dildo.kingmarti.com etc, when you have the subdomains set up you can link them into google analytics and see how well different platforms work at getting you traffic.

Hosting with namecheap is a good price (first year discounts are normally making it crazy cheap) and they have been one of the best hosts I have used and their support is pretty good too. I would say set it up for the discounted 1 year price (it's normally like 75-90% off for the first year) then see how it goes, I think my first year with a domain was like $20 or something and renews at $60 a year (im not on the lowest package though since I have multiple sites on my hosting) the lowest option when I signed up I think was like $5 for the first year (hosting and a domain name) which is the package they recommend if you only want to have a single site. Dont take any of the upsells though, you dont need them, you can get free SSL certs from cloudflare and from what i remember all the plans come with unlimited email accounts.
They say that the file storage is unlimited, I asked support what the limitations on it are when I looked into doing the clip site, the limit is 10gb of each media type, so you can do 10gb of videos, 10gb of audio files, 10gb of images, so not enough for a clip store, might be enough for a subscription service for images, but 10gb in videos is going to get filled pretty quick imo.

I wouldnt do it through something like square space though, $30 a month imo is way to much to spend when that would cover a year through a regular host on a base package.

ETA:

If you do acctually put the work in on the blog, doing the key word research and writing articles around them, you could get a nice traffic boost from your site getting ranked on google and bing and what not. ,_ it's a lot of work, like adding another full time job into the mix, but could be worth while depending on how competative your keywords are.

Status
Not open for further replies.