AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do you pay attention to movie/show ratings?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I often use sites like IMDB.com or tvmaze.com (tvmaze is amazing for keeping track of tv shows when they are airing), and obviously people will rate each episode, and then the overall tv show or movie.
I am curious, did you ever, or do you still pay attention to ratings? Do the amount of voters matter? For example, if a movie has 4/10 from only 100 people you may not give that a pass as it's only 100 people, whereas if 100,000 people voted and the result is 4/10, it's reasonable to say it might be quite bad.

Personally, I look at the poster, storyline/plot, and the trailer and determine from that.
Even if a movie has a 4/10 rating if I decided "yeah i won't mind seeing that", then it won't change my mind.

Are there any times you can think of where you did see a movie/show with a low rating but decided to watch it anyway and was surprised and really enjoyed/loved it?

Personally I have had lots of surprise ones that ended up being great, and that was the reason now I rarely pay attention to the rating. I can't think of any specific ones, though.
I have also had the opposite where it's an 8 or 9/10 but I have thought it sucked, or wasn't worth that much (mostly the hyped-up movies, especially superhero ones - I await you to chase me with pitch forks lol)

Reactions: Dannyhomebody
Are there any times you can think of where you did see a movie/show with a low rating but decided to watch it anyway and was surprised and really enjoyed/loved it?
Oh yes, many, many times. I've also watched (and read) stuff that I was told to absofuckinglutely not miss, only to give up on the whole thing after 30 minutes (or 50 pages) of cringe, nausea or the creeping sensation that I'm about to stop being Dr. Bruce Banner.

If you constantly watch or read what everybody else is watching or reading, you will miss out on a lot of great moments. A while ago "Kitchen Stories" was recommended to me by a colleague. It's a super quirky Scandinavian movie with the strangest of setups and probably lots of cultural lost-in-translation moments, but it was just brilliant. It's the kind of film you scroll right past on the streaming services, but it has a 7.something rating on IMDb.

Reactions: NotYou
I look at the IMDB score and eliminate anything that has a super low score, or if it's a medium score for a movie I'm on the fence about watching. If I'm really interested in a movie/show based on the concept, trailer or other promotional content then I'll still watch as long as the score isn't really low.

I tend to use it more for movies than tv, and also I do look at the distribution of scores for some movies

No. I am same as you. The greatest example of this is "Dave Chappelle: Sticks & Stones" the rottentomatoes score given by "critics" is 35 and the audience gave it 99.

Point is i look at the trailer and if i like it, i watch it.

Review at the day is someone else's opinion which is given based on their like and dislike which will be different then mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.