AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Does anyone travel or move a lot?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Ever since I can remember, I've been itching to get the f*ck out of this area. It's easy for someone to say "just move!", even to another city, but when all you can afford is the cost of living and would have to find another job, etc, it's almost impossible.

Now that I'm camming, I'm doing much better and think that maybe now is the time I should pack up and go. I moved into this apartment a few months ago and still haven't furnished the place... partly because I didn't have the extra $ at first and partly because I have been hesitant since I don't want to stay here. The only piece of real furniture is my bed. So that gives me even more motivation to move since it would be that much easier. Plus, I work at home! All I need is an internet connection! The only other essential thing I'd need is a local gym.

My biggest set back is that I haven't been anywhere really, so I am not sure where to start. I have thought about spending a few months in different regions and then choosing one to stay in.

But anyway; if you've had this type of lifestyle, what are the biggest pros and cons?

I was a military brat growing up, never spent more that 18 months to 2 years in one place. I joined the military after a year of college and moved around a lot then too. I would not trade the experiences for staying in one please all my life, but when you are a kid it sucks leaving your friends all the time and being the new kid everywhere you ended up. As an adult I think it was much easier.

In general though, moving often is a pain. All the packing and unpacking, finding a new place, all the headaches with starting and stopping utilities, change of address etc. Where I ended up living more permanently was more luck than anything planned.

I will say, take advantage of trying some new places out, especially if you have that itch. Because, no matter what anyone says you will never truly know until you try it. In the end I found that one place really was not that much different than another.

I guess the question to ask you is, besides an internet connection and gym, what is your criteria for a good place to live? Does weather make a difference to you? Do you want many cultural things to do close by when not working? etc etc

I haven't had the opportunity to live this kind of lifestyle myself, although I'd really like to, but I think you should go for it. You have a job that you can do anywhere and you're young and have the freedom to do what you want. Not many people get to do that!! I think you should try a few places out and see what they are like...I can't pack up and move while I'm finishing my degree, but one of my goals for 2012 is to travel to a few places to see if any of them would be a good fit for a possible move. Good luck :)

Oh dear, I must be the worldwide expert on moving... and I hate it. I hate every bit of it. Of course, I was forced to move roughly every couple years from the time I was five until I... wait... I still do x.x

Honestly, I couldn't tell you much about it though. I hate it so much that I block the memories until I have to do it again, and then drag them out of my mind kicking and screaming (and sometimes biting O.O) in order to help me get through the ordeal once more.

My hope is, if I do this often enough, I might just get over the damn phobia by the time I'm 35. Then I can settle down and not worry about it. I hope.

I gave up on making friends outside of school a long time ago...

I did a mini version of what you are thinking about Kira. I went on a three month long road trip, stopping in different cities for a few days up to a couple of weeks depending on how much I liked the place I was at. It was very loosely planned around a serious of yoga workshops in different cities, but I had enough time in between each workshop to wander a bit. It was fun, but I don't know that I could have done it much longer than 3 months. Living out of a suitcase and staying in different hotels constantly got a bit exhausting. It can also be lonely at times because you don't know anyone in the new places. My favorites of my trip were:
Flagstaff/Sedona AZ
Austin TX
Minneapolis MN
Charleston SC

I say go for it, don't wait til you're tied down with responsibilities again (they can sneak up). Pick somewhere with weather and scenery you like and start from there, maybe get a 6 month lease and travel fairly light at first and if you want to try someplace different it's easy after the 6 months - or if you've settled in send for the rest of your stuff.

If you can afford it, I'd say go for it while you can. Living out of a suitcase does get old rather quickly, but if you're visiting places you've always wanted to see then it's not that much of an issue. It gets expensive too, always eating out and good, fast Wi-Fi is not always easy to find. If you're flying from destination to destination, you'll have to deal with rental cars too. Unless you can stay in higher class hotels... you also have security issues which I would imagine are worse for a single woman traveling alone. :twocents-02cents:

Haha well I didn't mean stay in hotels!! That'd be a huge waste of money and I don't think I could afford that anyhow. I definitely would not eat out a lot, I have a particular way of eating that doesn't really allow me to eat out often.

I don't mind packing or switching utility bills, I've bounced around a lot since I was little so I'm used to that. Moved 3 times this year alone. Plus I don't really have any belongings besides my clothes.

The 2 biggest reasons why I must get out of this area: Weather and the people. I live in New England, the weather's unpredictable and I cannot stand winter. A lot of the people are ignorant and have a massive attitude problem. Especially where I live I can't go anywhere by myself without getting hit on in the worst possible way, holla'd at from a distance, or followed by some guy. It's ridiculous and it's because it's common for females around here to leave their house wearing pajama pants or look like they just rolled out of bed; so when a normal looking female who isn't overweight walks into a public place, for men it's like finding water in the desert. If I go to a bigger city like Boston or NYC, that shit just doesn't happen nearly as often as around here. It's pathetic. Lol so I definitely don't want to be in a place like this!

A couple yrs ago I was supposed to move to Huntington Beach but that blew over. Now I am thinking about NC. I dunno, so much to plan out and think about...

I'm constantly traveling in 2012, also. I have no children and a very supportive man in my life right now. I am hitting up NC, Charleston, Texas, Chicago, Seattle, and Spain so far. It's worth it at this time of my life. I am very lucky to know people to stay with in each area. Except for Seattle and Texas. I have to figure that out still. But I recommend it. I feel like after I take a year to explore I will have a clearer sense of what I want in my life.

If I were 25 and wanted to find a new place to put down roots, it would have to be San Francisco. It's an expensive city and it can be seriously rough in places. But there's nothing quite like it. The sunlight looks different in North Beach. There are sunny days in February that make you want to cry from joy. Have I convinced you yet?

I moved every few years growing up, and have travelled around the world (literally). Been home bound here for the last 15 years and I'm ready for a change...but it isn't happening anytime soon.

You should give it a try. The hard part is keeping the overhead low.

Consider mapping out the cities you would like to live in and go to Craigslist and look for sublet opportunities. Colllege towns have lots of em. Share a pad with a couple people to give an area a try. You'll also meet some people because of the roomies. Guess you will need your own room for work.

You have a highly mobile job....you should take advantage and get around.

i moved from California to Vegas on somewhat of a whim. M and i asked ourselves where it might be fun to live, and ended up here a few months later after looking at rental prices (which are incredibly cheap compared to California). It was a little stressful getting all of our stuff moved, but it was absolutely worth it. The cons mostly involve making sure you have enough money to put down a security deposit for a new place, paying for the UHaul, and general moving costs. The stress is a pain, but once you're moved, that's gone. This job gives you the freedom to go anywhere you want - well, anywhere with a good Internet connection. Why not just do it? i agree with other posts suggesting a shorter lease so if you hate it for whatever reason, you can just leave again :)

I grew up in a mid-sized mid-western town... which was a nice enough place to grow up in but way to small for me and I eventually had to get out of it and experience the challenge of living in the "big city"... And I wound up moving to the Chicago area when I was in my early 20's.... After a very awkward year of not knowing anyone... lol... and constantly being lost.... it was the best thing I ever did

After I moved to the Chicago area I was pretty nomadic and moved around a lot... Which was massive pain... and I became an expert on packing & unpacking and getting organized... finding friends (or paying a moving company) to move your shit... turning on/off utilities... searching for the perfect place... filling out rental applications & credit checks... trying to get back security deposits... submitting change of address to the post office... letting credit card companies, banks, and employers know about a new address... and don't even get me started on the endless number of asshole roommates

I've traveled for both pleasure & work... And have been all over the US & the Caribbean...Which is pretty cool and I've managed to scratch off pretty much every place I've wanted to see except two spots in the US

But to bottom line it... traveling & moving can be very cool if you have no strong ties like family to keep yourself local... don't think not knowing anyone would be a hindrance... and can afford it... but I say go for it

Status
Not open for further replies.