AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

>>> FairPay <<< Earn up to 92.5% on your sales

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Feb 16, 2023
Budapest, Hungary
gofairpay.com
Twitter Username
@GoFairPay
Hello everyone 👋

I am posting to promote FairPay, an adult-friendly payment processing solution that we will launch in April.

Here are the key features that we will have at launch:

👉 Earn up to 92.5% on your sales

👉 No need to be incorporated; no need to open a merchant account; no need to pay Visa/MasterCard $1000 annually

👉 Sell videos, photos, live shows (Skype/Discord), customs, Snapchat, receive donations, and more

👉 Process recurring payments (daily, weekly, and monthly)

👉 Process payments in US Dollars and Euros

👉 Chargeback protection of your earnings

👉 Weekly payouts on Tuesdays (ACH, SEPA, SWIFT, Paxum)

👉 Payouts in the currency of your choice (among 20+ currencies)

👉 One-page shop to share all your links (including other adult sites) and FairPay products

More on the commission:

I've seen many adult sites that claim a very high payout rate thanks to limited-time offers and/or require inviting many other users. This is not the case with FairPay.

Here are some transaction examples, and what you would earn regardless of your transaction volume and/or the number of friends you referred:
👉 on a $20 purchase from a customer, you will earn $18.01 (90.49%)
👉 on a $50 purchase, you will earn $45.89 (91.80%)
👉 on a $100 purchase, you will earn $92.20 (92.20%)
👉 on a $250 purchase, you will earn $184.82 (92.41%)

We charge you, the sellers, 5% to process 3D Secure card transactions (which means your customer will have to enter a code or confirm the payment on their phone).

We charge your customers a Service Fee on top of your content price of $0.70 + $0.25 for every ten dollars in the shopping cart. The Service Fee is taken into account in the examples above.

Four negative points at launch:

I want to address in total transparency the 4 big negative points that we will have at the launch and hope to resolve ASAP.

1. We will not bring you customers. FairPay is a payment processing solution for you to bill your own customers, you cannot rely on us to get more customers.

2. We're not Onlyfans-like. You cannot sell access to a private social media feed using FairPay. You can sell live shows, videos, photos, Snapchat, customs, receive donations, etc.

3. We have a Rolling Reserve. This means that our processing bank withholds a percentage of transactions for a number of days. It will probably be 5% withheld for 180 days until FairPay grows big and trusted enough. In practice, this would mean that 95% of your earnings are sent the following Tuesday, and 5% 180 days later.
👉 We have an article in our Help Center going over this in detail (the article is for the worst-case scenario: 10% withheld for 180 days)

4. We only process 3D Secure card payments.
No crypto, no local payment methods, only card payments secured by either a 6-digit code or a phone confirmation.
When we add new payment methods, our fees will differ - for example, crypto will be cheaper than 5%.

If you like what you read, please join our mailing list at https://gofairpay.com/ so that we notify you FairPay is live. Also, each signup makes the team super happy and motivated 💪

If you have any questions or observations, please share them with us here ❤️

I wish you all a great day,
Gerald

Ps: Some of you might remember me from IndieBill, which I launched 6-7 years ago and operated for some time 🙂

Attachments

• FairPay-banner.jpg
    FairPay-banner.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
I feel like you missed out some very important information on this post.

FairPay charges you a 40% Traffic Source Fee when bringing you a new customer.
When a customer who has never purchased from you via one of your Direct Share Links (FairPay.to pages) buys content from you, FairPay will charge you a Traffic Source Fee for bringing you a new customer.
The Traffic Source Fee is expensive, but you now have a new customer! If this customer then purchases on one of your FairPay.to pages, he will become yours. Lifetime!

Not saying there is a problem with the 40% fee, just that it is important information that shouldn't just be hidden away in the help articles.
If a customer originally buys through a direct share link and then returns to make a 2nd purchase direct or through another link, does that 40% apply to the second sale as they didn't make that sale through the direct share link?

I am also not 100% sure what the platform is... are you setting up to be a payment processor or a market place platform?
In the post here you say a payment processor, but the website has an image of what looks like a market place platform admin dashboard. Will you be setting up an API that allows us to use FairPay as a payment processor for our own sites?

The service fee is $0.70 + $0.25 for every ten dollars in the shopping cart.
If I have understood this right then if a customer purchases an item I am selling for $100 then they would be charged an additional $9.50 in fees?

VAT for EU Sellers​

Only Sellers residing in the EU are concerned with VAT.
We must add the VAT to the Payment Processing Fee if you are in Europe.
The VAT depends on your country of residence.

Is this implying that VAT is deduced from the sellers earnings?
If that is true then coupled with the ability to loose 40% of a payment from the customer not using a direct share link the 95% payout drops to 35% (based on an average VAT rate of 20%).
VAT is also meant to be collected from the purchase of an item / service, VAT rates will change based on where the customer is located, so it dosnt make sense to charge the seller VAT based on their location as that's irrelevant to how much VAT needs to be paid.

If that is true then coupled with the ability to loose 40% of a payment from the customer not using a direct share link the 95% payout drops to 35% (based on an average VAT rate of 20%).
Just noticed the initial payment % (the 95% is wrong) but the point is still valid.
I would also check your marketing with your legal team, because you are advertising pay outs of 92.5% but the truth is it is UP TO 92.5%, it's a small but a very significant difference.

Reactions: MarieElise
Hello KingMarti,

Thank you for your replies and astute observations. I address them one by one below 👍

Not saying there is a problem with the 40% fee, just that it is important information that shouldn't just be hidden away in the help articles.
If a customer originally buys through a direct share link and then returns to make a 2nd purchase direct or through another link, does that 40% apply to the second sale as they didn't make that sale through the direct share link?

Sorry, we do not intend to hide this information (which is why we published it on our site's pricing page and in the help center).

The idea behind the traffic source fee is that we only charge it if the customer is not one of your direct customers. Once a customer purchases from you on one of your sharing links (e.g., fairpay.to/KingMarti), he becomes yours for life. From there on, no matter where this customer buys from, we will never charge a traffic source fee on his purchases.

We have 3 main ways to identify that a customer is yours: same payment card, same account (if he is logged in), or same email (if he is logged out).

I am also not 100% sure what the platform is... are you setting up to be a payment processor or a market place platform?
In the post here you say a payment processor, but the website has an image of what looks like a market place platform admin dashboard. Will you be setting up an API that allows us to use FairPay as a payment processor for our own sites?

We are a marketplace with very low fees so that we can create the best payment solution for adult content creators. Let me explain :)
If we were a payment processor, you would need to incorporate, open a merchant account, pay an annual fee to Visa/Mastercard (500 Euros or 1000 USD), integrate our technology using our APIs, handle fraud, deliver sold content yourself, etc. All of this is costly, both in time and money.

Being a marketplace, we can offer you the ability to sell without this initial investment. It also means that all the sales must happen on our URLs (you cannot embed FairPay directly into your site) and that we must do everything a marketplace typically does (moderating what is being sold, delivering sold content, and customer support, to name a few).

We are a marketplace with fees so low that it makes sense for adult entrepreneurs to use us when selling to their own audience.

If I have understood this right then if a customer purchases an item I am selling for $100 then they would be charged an additional $9.50 in fees?

The service fee is $0.70 minimum + $0.25 for every ten dollars in the shopping cart.

So, assuming a customer purchases your $100 item alone, then the service fee would be $3.20: 0.70 + 10 * 0.25

We charge you a 5% payment processing fee - $5 in this case - so you earn $95 while your customer spent $103.20 (92.05% revenue share).

Is this implying that VAT is deduced from the sellers earnings?
VAT is also meant to be collected from the purchase of an item / service, VAT rates will change based on where the customer is located, so it dosnt make sense to charge the seller VAT based on their location as that's irrelevant to how much VAT needs to be paid.

If you are an EU resident, we must charge you VAT when we charge you fees for selling with us.

For example, if you live in France, which has a VAT rate of 20%, and you sell a $100 item like in the example above, then we will charge you a 6% payment processing fee: 5% base, +20% VAT, so that is an additional 1%.

If the customer were new and brought by FairPay, we would charge a 48% traffic source fee: 40% base, +20% VAT, which is an additional 8%. The seller would make $46 on a $103.20 payment (44.57% revenue share).

We encourage you to connect with this customer and have him do his next purchase on your fairpay.to/KingMarti URLs - as soon as he does so, he will become yours for life, and you will never be charged a traffic source fee on his purchases again (no matter where he buys from).

Please note that you will never lose 40% of a payment from one of your customers; this fee only applies to new customers.

In case there is an issue, for example, let's imagine a repeat customer who bought from you while not being logged in, using his new card, and not from the fairpay.to site. Our system would think we brought you a new customer and apply the fee. However, you can reach out to support, explain the situation, and we'll remove the fee 👍

I hope this clarifies everything. If it does not, please let me know - I am happy to answer all questions.

Have a great day,
Gerald

Hello KingMarti,

Thank you for your replies and astute observations. I address them one by one below 👍

Sorry, we do not intend to hide this information (which is why we published it on our site's pricing page and in the help center).

The idea behind the traffic source fee is that we only charge it if the customer is not one of your direct customers. Once a customer purchases from you on one of your sharing links (e.g., fairpay.to/KingMarti), he becomes yours for life. From there on, no matter where this customer buys from, we will never charge a traffic source fee on his purchases.

We have 3 main ways to identify that a customer is yours: same payment card, same account (if he is logged in), or same email (if he is logged out).

We are a marketplace with very low fees so that we can create the best payment solution for adult content creators. Let me explain :)
If we were a payment processor, you would need to incorporate, open a merchant account, pay an annual fee to Visa/Mastercard (500 Euros or 1000 USD), integrate our technology using our APIs, handle fraud, deliver sold content yourself, etc. All of this is costly, both in time and money.

Being a marketplace, we can offer you the ability to sell without this initial investment. It also means that all the sales must happen on our URLs (you cannot embed FairPay directly into your site) and that we must do everything a marketplace typically does (moderating what is being sold, delivering sold content, and customer support, to name a few).

We are a marketplace with fees so low that it makes sense for adult entrepreneurs to use us when selling to their own audience.

The service fee is $0.70 minimum + $0.25 for every ten dollars in the shopping cart.

So, assuming a customer purchases your $100 item alone, then the service fee would be $3.20: 0.70 + 10 * 0.25

We charge you a 5% payment processing fee - $5 in this case - so you earn $95 while your customer spent $103.20 (92.05% revenue share).

If you are an EU resident, we must charge you VAT when we charge you fees for selling with us.

For example, if you live in France, which has a VAT rate of 20%, and you sell a $100 item like in the example above, then we will charge you a 6% payment processing fee: 5% base, +20% VAT, so that is an additional 1%.

If the customer were new and brought by FairPay, we would charge a 48% traffic source fee: 40% base, +20% VAT, which is an additional 8%. The seller would make $46 on a $103.20 payment (44.57% revenue share).

We encourage you to connect with this customer and have him do his next purchase on your fairpay.to/KingMarti URLs - as soon as he does so, he will become yours for life, and you will never be charged a traffic source fee on his purchases again (no matter where he buys from).

Please note that you will never lose 40% of a payment from one of your customers; this fee only applies to new customers.

In case there is an issue, for example, let's imagine a repeat customer who bought from you while not being logged in, using his new card, and not from the fairpay.to site. Our system would think we brought you a new customer and apply the fee. However, you can reach out to support, explain the situation, and we'll remove the fee 👍

I hope this clarifies everything. If it does not, please let me know - I am happy to answer all questions.

Have a great day,
Gerald
Thank you for clearing up that information. Charging the VAT on the fee's makes sense opposed to how it's worded on the help section which reads (to me at least) that VAT for the order is collected from the seller.

Would improved wording for the service fee not be $0.70 + 2.5% per transaction?

I'm not sure if this is different in the adult market, but in the vanilla market this isnt necessarily true, stripe, paypal, skrill, worldpay and sagepay offer payment processing services and dont require the annual fee for visa or Mastercard and only some require incorporation (others allow on sole trader basis varies from company to company). (It could be I am remembering wrong and they are payment gateway services, it's been a while since I needed to use any of them).

I wont lie I was much more excited about it when as your original post says "adult-friendly payment processing solution" since this is something that is hard to find compared to a marketplace platform where there are already quite a few that are already established. (Also the brand name fairpay sounds much more like a payment processing solution than a market place platform imo).

Going off these %'s and what we cleared up above. Fairpay seems to operate on very slim profit margins, is this something that would be sustainable. The last thing anyone wants is to waste time uploading a bunch of content and marketing a platform that dies out because they set the payout % too high and didnt leave enough to actually cover the running costs (It's actually the reason I started looking around on the website, since if the platform isnt making money from the site how is it going to stay functional). Not in anyway saying it wont work (I dont know the numbers obviously) and I thought the OF payout was too high to be sustainable and it seems I was defiantly wrong on that one 😂.

How customizable are the stores?
  • Can models have the store match their branding?
  • do they have the abilities to create their categories for content so it's easier to find for their customers?

TBH payout percentage is pretty close to the bottom of the list of things that are actually important with any platform, before the payout % matters everything else has to be right

Reactions: rockin_rod
Would improved wording for the service fee not be $0.70 + 2.5% per transaction?

That would be slightly more expensive but a lot easier to communicate. I like it and will consider it; keeping things simple is good. Thank you :)

I'm not sure if this is different in the adult market, but in the vanilla market this isnt necessarily true, stripe, paypal, skrill, worldpay and sagepay offer payment processing services and dont require the annual fee for visa or Mastercard and only some require incorporation (others allow on sole trader basis varies from company to company). (It could be I am remembering wrong and they are payment gateway services, it's been a while since I needed to use any of them).

I wont lie I was much more excited about it when as your original post says "adult-friendly payment processing solution" since this is something that is hard to find compared to a marketplace platform where there are already quite a few that are already established. (Also the brand name fairpay sounds much more like a payment processing solution than a market place platform imo).

In the adult industry, you must open a merchant account and pay an annual fee because it is considered "high-risk." So setting up is much more expensive than with Stripe, especially considering that the technologies are also less good overall in the adult market.

Marketplace platforms are easy to find, but they take a 20% cut even though the seller drives the traffic - which is an insane rate. In the vanilla market, a website only gets a 20% cut if it brings customers. That is what we will address as we launch FairPay, while making a generally good and easy-to-use website 👍

Going off these %'s and what we cleared up above. Fairpay seems to operate on very slim profit margins, is this something that would be sustainable. The last thing anyone wants is to waste time uploading a bunch of content and marketing a platform that dies out because they set the payout % too high and didnt leave enough to actually cover the running costs (It's actually the reason I started looking around on the website, since if the platform isnt making money from the site how is it going to stay functional). Not in anyway saying it wont work (I dont know the numbers obviously) and I thought the OF payout was too high to be sustainable and it seems I was defiantly wrong on that one 😂.

FairPay will operate on slim profit margins compared to other adult websites out there for sure (4 to 5% vs. 15%+). However, it is still quite a lot from a mainstream business perspective. Adult websites don't need such a significant cut to operate; they do it because they can, and they can because there's little competition. We hope to change that last part :)

How customizable are the stores?

At launch, customization will be minimal: your store features different sections you can order, and you can choose which of your products are listed (you can keep some offers private for specific customers).

I am attaching the design we are working on (it is still being refined, please don't mind the footer). What do you think? 😊

Attachments

• FairPayProfilePageDraft.jpg
    FairPayProfilePageDraft.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 25
Reactions: KingMarti
Marketplace platforms are easy to find, but they take a 20% cut even though the seller drives the traffic - which is an insane rate. In the vanilla market, a website only gets a 20% cut if it brings customers. That is what we will address as we launch FairPay, while making a generally good and easy-to-use website 👍

I noticed this on the website too, there are a lot of comparisons drawn to how much people would make on onlyfans, but it's a completely different kind of platform with a completely different target audience. A better comparison would be with a similar type of site (which would also increase the difference on earnings you are showing). The onlyfans comparison just struck me as odd because it's comparing the payout from a very different kind of business.

The design is fine... I guess, not really entirely sure what I am looking at. It kind of feels like a social media page, but the more I look at it it just feels wired to look at.... I think I just worked out what it is though, the profile info and the main content have been centered together, which makes the main content not center on the page and since the main content is the focal point of the page its... odd to look at (cant word it a better way). I mean the purpose of a site will also dictate layout, right.. and again the layout dosnt really help in identifying what the primary function of the site is. A part of that could just be how the images and titles are set, it might become clearer on acctually using the site. Personally for a desktop view I would take advantage of the screen size, the image above feels very much like the main feed is a mobile view but from the profile info and rest of the page I am assuming it is ment to be a desktop view?

The inconsistencies over all (the opening post here mentioning being a payment processor, the constant references to onlyfans in the help articles) I kind of get the feeling that your not 100% certain of what the site will be. The feeling that I get from the image you posted above is that you are trying to do kind of a lot of things, where the models page would operate more like their own website would.
A lot of the people (not just models but the customers) that would be using this site are here on this forum, Personally I would find out who your competitor is, find out what issues people have with that site, and look to address those issues. Without having a clear focus on what the site is, it could be kind of hard to do.

Personally the biggest issue I find with most sites I have content on, is a lack of customers being able to filter content to what they want. Base ecommerce functionality is base functionality for a reason imo, it allows customers to find what they are looking for without having to scroll through irrelevant products. customer finds what they want quicker = increased conversions. Most sites that allow content to be sold seem to forget this or ignore it completely and just throw up a page where theres only basic ordering of content functionality as opposed to being able to filter it down to what you are actually looking for, it results in a poor experience for the member when a model has 300+ videos of all different kinds and the member is looking for only feet videos for example. OFC the model would need to be the one to set up the categories and sub categories to actually match their content rather than trying to fit stuff into a generic category list.

I noticed this on the website too, there are a lot of comparisons drawn to how much people would make on onlyfans, but it's a completely different kind of platform with a completely different target audience. A better comparison would be with a similar type of site (which would also increase the difference on earnings you are showing). The onlyfans comparison just struck me as odd because it's comparing the payout from a very different kind of business.

That is a fair point, thank you. I understand why that is not very clear and will amend 👍

The design is fine... I guess, not really entirely sure what I am looking at. It kind of feels like a social media page, but the more I look at it it just feels wired to look at.... I think I just worked out what it is though, the profile info and the main content have been centered together, which makes the main content not center on the page and since the main content is the focal point of the page its... odd to look at (cant word it a better way).

I see what you mean. I think it comes (in part) from the footer that is larger than the rest.

It is a high-fidelity wireframe of the first version of the profile/store page. In reality, there would not be so much empty space on the sides though 👍

The inconsistencies over all (the opening post here mentioning being a payment processor, the constant references to onlyfans in the help articles) I kind of get the feeling that your not 100% certain of what the site will be. The feeling that I get from the image you posted above is that you are trying to do kind of a lot of things, where the models page would operate more like their own website would.
A lot of the people (not just models but the customers) that would be using this site are here on this forum, Personally I would find out who your competitor is, find out what issues people have with that site, and look to address those issues. Without having a clear focus on what the site is, it could be kind of hard to do.

Right now, as far as I know, there are 3 main ways for an adult content creator to accept payments from their audience:

1) Send the customer to an adult marketplace which will take a 20% cut
2) Send the customer to a mainstream payment service (e.g., Paypal) against their terms
3) Request gift cards

Option 1) is very efficient but very expensive. Options 2 and 3 give a much better commission but are also risky (infringing terms) and time-consuming because they were not built for this purpose, so more manual work is involved.

We mean for FairPay to be a much better alternative to these 3 options: just as efficient as option 1), but cheap enough that investing more time in options 2) and 3) is not worth it.

Personally the biggest issue I find with most sites I have content on, is a lack of customers being able to filter content to what they want. Base ecommerce functionality is base functionality for a reason imo, it allows customers to find what they are looking for without having to scroll through irrelevant products. customer finds what they want quicker = increased conversions. Most sites that allow content to be sold seem to forget this or ignore it completely and just throw up a page where theres only basic ordering of content functionality as opposed to being able to filter it down to what you are actually looking for, it results in a poor experience for the member when a model has 300+ videos of all different kinds and the member is looking for only feet videos for example. OFC the model would need to be the one to set up the categories and sub categories to actually match their content rather than trying to fit stuff into a generic category list.

I agree with you. We will do our best to go in that direction, but we must also balance between more development and launching. These features will come in later when we have people working with us and selling every day (it will be easier to get it right then, thanks to the community's feedback and data analysis).

I want to thank you KingMarti for taking the time to share your insights with us, much appreciated 🙏

Hello everyone 👋

Our development work is progressing nicely, and so far, we feel we are on time 🤞

Following KingMarti's feedback on the profile page not making good use of the entire screen, I want to share an updated screenshot. I also share a screenshot of a Live show product page.

I hope you like it; don't hesitate to share if you have some feedback! I wish you all a great day 💪

Attachments

• Profile.jpg
    Profile.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 14
  • Product-LiveShow.jpg
    Product-LiveShow.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 15
Hello 👋

I hope you all enjoyed an amazing weekend! :)

Today I'd love to ask you how you like websites to present you.

Are some websites presenting you and your interests much better than others?

Are some websites allowing you to create a much better profile than others?

I'd love to hear your insights on the subject 🙏

Hello 👋

Two tiny changes regarding pricing based on feedback we received:

1) The Service Fee becomes $0.70 + 2.5% of the shopping cart amount.

👉 All the examples of transactions I provided in the original post remain correct. For instance, on a $100 sale, you will earn $92.20.
👉 When customers purchase content for which the price does not end with a 0, they will pay a few cents more (and you will earn the same).

We've made this change so that it is simpler for everyone to calculate the Service Fee 👍

-> Read more on the Service Fee in our Help Center.

2) The Rolling Reserve becomes 9% of Sales Volume instead of 10% of Earnings.

👉 This is a bit less than before
👉 For example, on a $100 sale, you earn $92.20, and $83.20 is paid the following Tuesday / $9 is paid 180 days later.

We've also made this change so that it is simpler for everyone to calculate the Rolling Reserve. We are still hoping and negotiating to have the Rolling Reserve amount significantly reduced before the launch
-> Read more on the Rolling Reserve in our Help Center

I wish you all a great day! 🌟

Hello everyone,

We're developing the features for selling Snapchat at the moment:

- The user experience for the customers (before & after purchase)
- A simple todo list system for you to keep track of which customers to add and which customers to remove

If you sell your Snapchat, we would love to hear from you!

Please share with us sites that get this right or how to make it the most efficient for you to use daily. Please share with us anything that annoys you when selling your Snapchat nowadays, and we will use it to make FairPay better :)

Hello everyone 👋

It has been some time since I last posted, and I would like to update you all.

Unfortunately, we are not going to be able to launch in April as originally announced. I am sorry that we were overconfident - I believe we should be able to launch end of May instead 🙁

On the bright side, the site is really coming together nicely - it is just taking a bit longer. We're hard at work every day and really looking forward to showing you all what we have created.

For those who have known IndieBill, I can say with confidence that FairPay on day 1 will be way better than IndieBill ever was!🤩

Hello everyone 👋

We are running late for the launch because getting vetted by payment solutions is taking longer than anticipated. We've had several changes to implement, and we're hoping for a positive answer next week.

Besides payment processing, the rest of the site is ready for launch. You can sign up already and set up your account (including ID verification) if you wish. If you do so, you will be able to sell as soon as we get payment processing!

👉 https://fairpay.network/sign-up/

I also have one great piece of news to share!

👉 We are removing the rolling reserve system altogether! Originally, about 10% of your earnings would be paid 6 months later (not that we wanted to, but we did not have a choice economically). However, we're using the delay time to improve FairPay, and we got this system gone before launch!! :)

Three other noteworthy news:

👉 We meant to process only 3D Secure payments to avoid most chargebacks. Unfortunately, it is impossible because some old cards still don't have the feature. Therefore, we've added the ability to process non-3D Secure payments (only when the card is not eligible for 3D S). In that case, the payment processing fee will be 8% instead of 5% to reflect the additional risks.

👉 We decided against working with Paxum. We noted many issues between Paxum and its users, and Paxum is amid a couple of scandals indicating possible low safety standards. We intend to compensate by offering alternatives so everyone can cost-effectively get his earnings.

👉 For payouts, at launch, we will have CosmoPayment + SEPA + wires. We should also have ACH, US checks, and Yoursafe cards (we are being vetted currently).

Don't hesitate if you have any questions! Hopefully, the next post will be to announce that we are live :)

Hello everyone 👋

We are running late for the launch because getting vetted by payment solutions is taking longer than anticipated. We've had several changes to implement, and we're hoping for a positive answer next week.

Besides payment processing, the rest of the site is ready for launch. You can sign up already and set up your account (including ID verification) if you wish. If you do so, you will be able to sell as soon as we get payment processing!

👉 https://fairpay.network/sign-up/

I also have one great piece of news to share!

👉 We are removing the rolling reserve system altogether! Originally, about 10% of your earnings would be paid 6 months later (not that we wanted to, but we did not have a choice economically). However, we're using the delay time to improve FairPay, and we got this system gone before launch!! :)

Three other noteworthy news:

👉We meant to process only 3D Secure payments to avoid most chargebacks. Unfortunately, it is impossible because some old cards still don't have the feature. Therefore, we've added the ability to process non-3D Secure payments (only when the card is not eligible for 3D S). In that case, the payment processing fee will be 8% instead of 5% to reflect the additional risks.

👉We decided against working with Paxum. We noted many issues between Paxum and its users, and Paxum is amid a couple of scandals indicating possible low safety standards. We intend to compensate by offering alternatives so everyone can cost-effectively get his earnings.

👉For payouts, at launch, we will have CosmoPayment + SEPA + wires. We should also have ACH, US checks, and Yoursafe cards (we are being vetted currently).

Don't hesitate if you have any questions! Hopefully, the next post will be to announce that we are live :)
The ID verification link didn't do anything when I clicked it.

Hello everyone 👋

We're still working on FairPay and had to make some changes due to banks' requirements.

👉 FairPay will launch with support for donations & video sales only.

👉 Live shows have been momentarily removed until we build our own chatroom. By the end of August, selling live shows (not on Skype) should be possible. We're doing our best to roll out a high-quality chatroom quickly.

👉 Some other products have been momentarily removed while we improve them (sexting, phone sex, customs).

You can already upload videos up to 5 GB to FairPay, and create product pages to sell them. Selling multiple videos via the same product page (bundle) is possible.

If you're interested in FairPay, you'd be doing us a huge favor if you could join, activate your account, and create some video products. We're currently being reviewed by banks, and they ask for some more content before giving us the green light.

We've taken longer than anticipated because we had to make quite some changes. However, we are very close to launch now and expect our approval any day.

I wish you all a great day and a great summer 😃

Hello everyone 👋

We had to wait all summer for bank approvals to come through. They were full on 🏖 and not very 💼.

Fortunately, with the holiday season ending, our applications were finally reviewed and approved! I am glad to announce 3 banks approved FairPay. We are integrating their technology to launch as soon as possible (~1-2 weeks).

Unfortunately, we could not get as good a startup deal as originally promised. While this does not impact our rates (working with FairPay will remain just as profitable to you), it increases the time between a sale and the money being in your account in 2 ways:

1) We had to reinstate a 5% Rolling Reserve, meaning 5% of your sales are paid out 180 days later (they sit with the banks in the meantime).

2) We will payout 16 days in arrears, meaning that if you sell today, your earnings (except for the 5% above) will be available for payout 16 days later.

We have to do this because we give you the best commission possible on your sales. So, unlike sites taking a 20%+ cut, we have to wait for the banks to send the money to us before we can send it to you.

We eventually aim for 0% Rolling Reserve and 7 days in arrears payouts. As we grow stronger, we will be able to negotiate better deals with banks and improve our terms accordingly. The same will apply to our fees.

Here is a detailed example of a $100 sale with FairPay:

- You receive a $100 donation via 3D Secure payment on Friday, September 1, 2023
- Factoring in our Service Fee, your customer pays $103.20
- Our payment processing fee is 5% = $5
- $5 goes to Rolling Reserve and will become available for payout 180 days later on Wednesday, February 28, 2024
- $100 donation - $5 Rolling Reserve - $5 Payment Processing Fee = $90. So $90 is in arrears and will become available for payout 16 days later on Sunday, September 17, 2023
- We payout every Tuesday, so on Tuesday, September 19, 2023, you receive a $90 payment (plus the earnings of other sales if applicable)
- On Wednesday, February 28, 2024, your $5 in Rolling Reserve becomes available for payout
- Tuesday, March 5, 2024, is a payout day, so you receive the $5 that was in the Rolling Reserve (plus the earnings of other sales if applicable)

👉 In total, your customer spent $103.20, and you earned $95. That is a 92.05% commission on your sale.

👉 If you would have made the same sale with an 80% commission website, you would have earned $82.56 instead.

Please note that even though the rolling reserve takes a long time, you will still receive $90 fast instead of $82.56, which is already 9% more money for you.

I hope it all makes sense, and I am available to answer any question you may have here or on our live chat directly.

I will be posting again when we are live, and you can sign up Smiley :)

Hello everyone 👋

Great news! FairPay is live! 🎉

👉 You can sign up for free at fairpay.network/sign-up/

We intend to build the best place for you to sell to your customers. We believe you should not have to decide between paying a 20%+ commission on your sales or using gift cards or mainstream solutions like PayPal, which are inefficient and risky.

We believe you should be able to send all your customers to one place, no matter where they are, how they would like to pay, and what type of product you are selling. We believe such a place's commission should be between 5 and 10% - no more - this is FairPay! 🌟

With FairPay, when your customer pays (with 3D Secure):
👉 $25, you make $22.52 (90.08% of your customer's spending)
👉 $50, you make $45.69 (91.38% of your customer's spending)
👉 $100, you make $92.03 (92.03% of your customer's spending)

These earnings are chargeback protected!

If your customer's card is not eligible for 3D Secure (rare), our payment processing fee goes from 5% to 8%, and there is no chargeback protection.

Here is a quick recap of our features:

👉 Free responsive Store Page + link aggregator.
👉 Check our demo Store Page here.
👉 You will get a nice URL: fairpay.to/yourusername 🙂
👉 Take payments up to 300 Euros or US Dollars.
👉 Sell videos (including custom videos)
👉 Receive donations
👉 Chargeback protection
👉 Recurring payments (daily, weekly, and monthly, for donations only at launch)
👉 Customers can pay without creating an account (except for subscriptions)
👉 Run special offers to select customers (you can share FairPay products privately)
👉 Payout methods: SEPA (in many currencies), ACH, CosmoPayment, YourSafe, and SWIFT transfers
👉 Weekly payouts (16 days in arrears)

If you want additional info, we have a detailed Help Center. Here are some particularly interesting articles:
👉 Store Page
👉 Overview of all fees
👉 FairPay Payout Schedule
👉 Content Policy

Of course, feel free to reach out to us via email or our live chat bubble. We will be happy to help! 😊

Coming soon:

Here are the features we are currently working on that will be live in the coming weeks:

👉 Multi-store management so that you can operate multiple stores from 1 FairPay account
👉 Live stream manager so that you can sell live shows
👉 Selling pictures (prerecorded & customs)
👉 Crypto payments for customers
👉 We will have an affiliate program very soon to refer other sellers

Trust issues:

Working with a new site takes trust, and you are right to be wary if you are.

When this new site offers a great deal, it takes even more trust: is the deal offered by FairPay too good to be true? Can you trust that FairPay will stay in business?

At FairPay, we believe trust boils down to 2 things:
1) Do you trust the people?
2) Do you trust the system?

And so we would like to share some information on both.

Who is behind FairPay?

The CEO of FairPay (me) is Gerald BILLOIR. Previously, I created IndieBill/getindiebill.com (the buyer shut it down a few years ago), and my company bought and operated cammodeldirectory.com (it was sold again since then).

Both websites always honored their commitments. Everybody got paid all of their earnings, and there were no major issues (you could check reviews on WeCamGirls or past forum threads if you would like the opinions of fellow content creators).

When creating IndieBill about 8 years ago, we raised the bar on commissions: we were taking only ~15% and offering chargeback protection, while the other sites used to take even more than they do now.

I always believed IndieBill should aim to take only a 5 to 8% commission on sales, but my partners and investors disagreed (which played a big part in my decision to sell). With FairPay, I intend to make this vision come true. 💪

Is FairPay's business model sustainable?

As you can see from the calculations I posted at the beginning of this post, FairPay takes a commission of 8 to 10% per sale.

It is much less than other adult sites, which generally take a 20%+ commission on your sales. We can achieve this through a combination of factors:

1) We, the founders, have all the skills required to develop and operate FairPay
2) We are not greedy; we look toward the long-term
3) We love tech, and we strive to work with modern, cost-efficient solutions
4) We have investors

After paying for payment processing costs, FairPay makes about a 2% gross margin per sale. It may not look like much compared to other adult businesses, but it is quite a lot compared to many mainstream businesses!

Last but not least, we believe the way forward to offer the best commissions is to charge you for what you use - no more, no less. That is why we have some minor side fees to cover our extra costs depending on your usage (for example, we charge you 0.80€ when issuing a SEPA payout).

We actually intend to lower our fees further as we grow and scale!

We hope you will love working with us; we have been preparing FairPay for a little over 8 months now and are super excited to unveil it!

Don't hesitate if you have any questions. We look forward to working with you ❤️

👉 Our sign-up link: https://fairpay.network/sign-up/

Hello everyone 👋,

We've added a referral program to FairPay. So, if you use FairPay and like it, you can refer other content creators and earn money on their sales.

We pay 1% of referred content creator sales during 12 months.

You will find your referral link in the Referral Program section.

You can find more info regarding our referral program in the Help Center
👉 FairPay Referral Program

I wish you all an excellent day! 🌟

Attachments

• FairPayReferralProgram.png
    FairPayReferralProgram.png
    273.8 KB · Views: 2
Hello everyone
👋

We now have a Magic Onboarding program for C4S, MV, LoyalFans, and IWC users!

If you have a store on one of those sites, we can help you create your FairPay store and do the heavy lifting (uploading all videos and creating all the products).

We understand that creating a new store on a new site can be daunting with tens, hundreds, or sometimes even thousands of products.

Now, you can simply ask us, and we'll do it for you. It's free.

If you are interested, email me at gerald @gofairpay.com, or drop us a message in our live chat directly :)

I wish you an excellent day!

Ps: we're also coming up with new themes for stores and adding filters to help your customers discover your content

Hello everyone 👋

Big update on FairPay today!

👉 Multi-Store Management: You can now operate multiple stores from the same FairPay account. Most convenient if you cater to different fetishes.

👉 Improved Store Design: We've rehauled our store design; it looks much better now! See for yourself https://fairpay.network/fairpaydemo

👉 Filters: Filters are now available in store pages so that your customers can explore your content much easier (you can deactivate this feature if you wish)

👉 Choose your store colors: You can now choose the colors of your store among 4 different themes. Don't find a theme matching your brand? Just ask us! :)

We also have Paxum coming up as a payout method really soon!

I wish you all an excellent weekend!
Gerald

Hello 👋,

Our store now features 8 different themes and you can check them directly from our demo page!

👉 https://fairpay.to/fairpaydemo

We are also delivering our first stores replicated from existing stores on the biggest clip sites. You only need to sign up, share your content with us via Google Drive, DropBox, or WeTransfer, and we take care of everything else! You can hundreds or thousands of clips and get your store operational in just 10 minutes of work! (It takes 1-2 days on our side)

Reach out to us if you want one or have any questions! It's free.

Have a great day!

Gerald

Hello everyone 👋,

We've made a few improvements to FairPay!

- Preview Videos: You can now add a preview video to your Products so that your customers can get a sneak peek before buying.

- Multiple Preview Images: You can now add multiple preview images to your Products, very useful to convey information visually (e.g. toys, additional pricing infos, etc.)

- Performance Improvements: Stores now load twice as fast! 💪

We are working on geo-blocking and live shows currently.

We look forward to working with you ❤️

Cheers,
Gerald @ FairPay

Hello everyone 👋,

We have added Geo-Blocking to FairPay!

You can block as many countries as you desire when editing your Store page. Visitors from these countries won't be able to access your store. They will also not be able to find your store on our marketplace.

Please note that it is only possible to block entire countries. We will add more granularity in the future.

Have a great day! :)

Hello everyone 👋,

We've made a few improvements to FairPay stores thanks to feedback from the community :)

1) Store search bar. FairPay stores now feature a search bar in the top right. Customers can use it to easily find videos and services they are interested in (it only searches within your store).

2) Product reordering. You can now easily reorder products inside a store section as you see fit (click on 'Reorder products' when editing your Store Page)

3) Improved store navigation. Sections featuring more than 12 products can now be explored on a separate page, featuring 21 products per page. Hitting the backspace in the navigator now leads to the correct page every time.

We've been working closely with our partner No Mercy for Men to build them a great store. If you want to see everything that our stores have to offer, I recommend taking a look at https://fairpay.to/no-mercy-for-men because they make full use of all FairPay features :)

If you want to open a FairPay store, it is free and we will delighted to work closely with you to build you a store that is perfect!

Cheers,
Gerald

Is there an ETA on when we will be able to sell live shows? I used indiebill almost exclusively for independent work doing camshows / audio calls on skype. Was super excited to see it coming back but it's been a hot minute and we can only sell videos and take tips (something I already do on sextpanther)

Hello Harlo,

Selling live shows should be possible by the middle of next week. We had to develop our own chatroom, which took some time because we were not allowed to sell Skype shows anymore, unfortunately.

I will announce here as soon as it is live, sorry we took longer than expected.

Hello everyone 👋,

I hope you are enjoying December, with all the fairy lights and upcoming celebrations! ✨

Live shows are now available on FairPay!

You can check all the details in our Help Center article: https://help.gofairpay.com/en/article/live-shows-1qq29cq/

Here are the key points:

👉 Our chatroom supports all devices and 1080p quality. The quality will automatically adapt based on device type and internet speed.

👉 Latency is under 100 ms for customers in the US and Europe. It should be under 200ms for all other customers.

👉 Customers can activate the camera and microphone (the camera is deactivated for them by default).

👉 We have a $0.03 streaming fee. For example, if you sell a 20-minute show, we will charge you an extra $0.60.

👉 Customers do not need an account to purchase shows or access your chatroom.

👉 FairPay's chatroom is on-demand: you create it when needed.

We are looking forward to your feedback. For now, we've been focused on getting all the basics of a high-quality chatroom right. Our next step will be to improve upon it based on your feedback and add features especially needed by cam models and their customers.

We have 3 upcoming improvements:

- Allowing customers to add time and/or tip from the chatroom directly (in 1 click if they have an account)

- Allowing customers to purchase a recording of the show at the end

- Adding a scheduling interface so customers can book a time in your calendar directly

Cheers,
Gerald