AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fallout 4 and jaded pc-gaming...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 20, 2015
trying to be excited about Fallout 4...

the more videos i watch of gameplay, the more i am underwhelmed.

coming from a multi-month bender of Dyling Light, Tomb Raider, Witcher 3, and Mad Max...

i just see the vids and my mind thinks.. 'well this is just Fallout 3.5' and my heart sinks a little bit...

im not saying i want revolutionary graphics every cycle... but i mean Skyrim was released Nov11, 2011...

nearly four years ago...

is it jaded to say that i hope the modding community will be quick to put out high-res texture packs?

for now i dont see myself paying full price for the initial release...

maybe 30 bucks for the inevitable GotY edition...

[digress]

When it comes to Fallout or Elder Scrolls games, I'm fine with the course they're on. I'm actually one of those people who is really stoked about all of the crafting and building elements that are coming with FO4 right out of the box. I guess I'm more about fantasy life simulation than I am about epic quests -- spending hundreds of hours building Hearthfire houses in Skyrim and stuff like that -- and the direction that BethSoft continues to move just does a better and better job of scratching that itch.

Yeah I dont need my game to be the biggest badest in graphics to love it. Fallout has a look and feel to it and I love that they stay true to that. It's old and apocalyptic and classic to the series and if they changed it too much people would flip the fuck out. It's updated enough without being too modern with our times.

Maybe I am a fairly easy going gamer (who is married to someone anal as fuck about graphics, especially since he got his super PC), but as long as the game is fun I could give a flip about it's graphics being top notch. It's definitely a bonus if it's uber pretty (lookin' at you TW3), but not a requirement.

Yeah, I like nice graphics but as long as they're decent I'm happy! My PC and my TV are not great though so good graphics are wasted on me, lol. I want to upgrade to a better computer as mine really doesn't like certain games (mostly the Sims hahaha).

Graphics are the last reason I buy any Bethesda game, LOL.

I'm very much looking forward to Fallout 4! (I'm looking forward to the next Elder Scrolls game even more, but I assume that's 3-4 years off.)

Reactions: Ann_Sulu and Teagan
Graphics are the last reason I buy any Bethesda game, LOL.

i agree with this sentiment. but also im unsure whether i would part with 60+ bucks if they made F4 and it looked just like Fallout 1 except all the story and gameplay aspects were there. if it were the same story, but revisited the original top-down view, i doubt i would pay more than ten dollars for it. i do have to stick to my point, that seeing it as it is, i think its still basically Fallout 3.5. so i will still buy it, at some point and enjoy it. its just now i view it as three or four years worth of DLCs as one package, and not necessarily the fourth iteration of a game that i love. i wonder if there was some distraction with Bethesda with regard to a Fallout MMO... which likely meant that they wanted to keep the look the same. i digress.

i ask myself now, with regard to some of the other comments here... if say, i have this monstrous machine meant to play games... and its primary raison d'etre is as such, the question becomes... which of these studios deserve my sixty bucks and what is my criteria?

from what i can tell, its the same game. so, if i were so addicted, i could easily just re-install Fallout3 and play through it again... of course i could change how i feel about all this when i releases.

TL;DR nothing ive seen of Fallout 4 inspires me to pre-order and/or pay 60+ bucks for it.

TL;DR nothing ive seen of Fallout 4 inspires me to pre-order and/or pay 60+ bucks for it.
Then do not buy it, and wait for the game of the year edition to drop to a cheap price after it is released. I only preordered it because I am excited to get back into the world and see the new story.

Then do not buy it, and wait for the game of the year edition to drop to a cheap price after it is released. I only preordered it because I am excited to get back into the world and see the new story.

right on. i thought i stated as much in the last two comments of the original post... ???

right on. i thought i stated as much in the last two comments of the original post... ???
You did say it, but you keep asking why you should buy this game now. There is no reason for you to buy it now, and that is what I was saying to you. The only people that should buy it now are the people that want to play it now.

A few weeks before they announced it I was still hoping it would be Elder Scrolls VI.
But I love Fallout too and I already know I will spend way too much time with it.
I played Skyrim for like 400 or 500 hours. -______-

Reactions: AutumnAtoms
PC master race ftw

I know your pain dude. What's the point of specing out my PC gaming beast of a machine, if the new games are no longer testing their limits. Fingers crossed the halolense will jump start the realistic graphic revolution again

Fallout 4 is certainly a game I'm looking forward to although I felt jaded about New Vegas when it came out given it had the same graphics as FO3 yet ran like a dog on the system I had at the time. I only hope my current specs are enough for it to be playable.

Fallout 4 is certainly a game I'm looking forward to although I felt jaded about New Vegas when it came out given it had the same graphics as FO3 yet ran like a dog on the system I had at the time. I only hope my current specs are enough for it to be playable.
I know New Vegas had its own stuff and things that were different but I've always just called it Orange Fallout 3. It wasn't different enough to me. I'm hoping the new one isn't the same deal and considering it took years to produce it better not be.

I know New Vegas had its own stuff and things that were different but I've always just called it Orange Fallout 3. It wasn't different enough to me. I'm hoping the new one isn't the same deal and considering it took years to produce it better not be.

I can see what you're saying about orange fallout 3 but they do have very different feels storywise, also Fallout 3 felt more claustrophobic to me with the train lines used to move between some areas where New Vegas felt more open.

I went into the game knowing it was using the same engine and that Obsidian while know for some good story content wasn't know for their groundbreaking tech updates, so I guess I wasn't expecting anything groundbreaking and was just happy to play fallout again.

I think as long as I get a new story, I'll be happy but I'm also happy we're back in the hands of Bethesda with an new engine.

Well, when a special someone gets her game next week, I'm looking forward to hearing all about it so I can decide for sure if I want to get it or not

The review embargo coupled with the hints that the reviewers who have played the game but can't publicly comment on it have been dropping have me a little worried. It's gone from a must-buy day-one purchase to a wait-for-the-reviews kinda game for me now.

I am much more worried about them dumbing down the system and screwing with the moral grayness of the factions than I am about textures. Being a Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 player, I was so disappointed when they made the Brotherhood of Steel into the "good guys" in Fallout 3 and they took away the complexities of playing a darker character by removing some of the features like the character reputation from previous games. In this way, New Vegas (which was developed by Obsidian) was more faithful to the original games.

Don't get me wrong, I am still incredibly excited about it, and even if they dumbed everything down the prospect of seeing what the Fallout universe looked like pre-apocalypse is enough to make me very happy.

I am much more worried about them dumbing down the system and screwing with the moral grayness of the factions than I am about textures. Being a Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 player, I was so disappointed when they made the Brotherhood of Steel into the "good guys" in Fallout 3 and they took away the complexities of playing a darker character by removing some of the features like the character reputation from previous games. In this way, New Vegas (which was developed by Obsidian) was more faithful to the original games.

Don't get me wrong, I am still incredibly excited about it, and even if they dumbed everything down the prospect of seeing what the Fallout universe looked like pre-apocalypse is enough to make me very happy.

I am a little concerned that they took skill system away. Still SPECIAL-based perks coupled with a more rapid leveling and no level cap seem like a novel approach. I liked the Karma system from the earlier version, but realistically Karma had only a modest effect on gameplay so I'm fine with them dropping it. I'm also fine with them dropping repair, and even hardcore mode if they do that also.

My biggest concern on the dumbing down of gameplay is the much-simplified dialogue trees. I'll probably play a character with moderate to high Charisma and/or Intelligence and I don't think one-word comments are appropriate in many cases.

On the other hand, it's Fallout. The weapon and armor mods look amazing, the settlements concepts really appeal to my builder side, the graphics look great. I pre-ordered this week and have downloaded it and waiting anxiously for it to unlock.

The review embargo coupled with the hints that the reviewers who have played the game but can't publicly comment on it have been dropping have me a little worried. It's gone from a must-buy day-one purchase to a wait-for-the-reviews kinda game for me now.

That is not stopping me from drooling over my pre-loaded Steam copy. Worse case I return it, and get a refund the same way the poor Batman fans did.

I got a few hours on this before bed last night. Can't say I've played enough to give a fair opinion of it, but so far it feels like Fallout.

I haven't hit any bugs or had any crashes but it's Bethesda, who aren't really known for polish at game launch, so I've little doubt I'll see something at some point.

Is it an improvement over previous games? I think so but haven't seen much of the new mechanics yet. I actually like the new leveling system so far as it's far more visual. It feels like putting down Oblivion and picking up Skyrim, just in the Fallout universe.

Reactions: Teagan
It's installing on mah PS4 now! It's a long-ass install but I do appreciate the informational cartoons that play while it's installing.
You guys are so lucky!

I downloaded and installed on my PC the other day, and the DL went so quickly there was no time to do anything else
DLSpeed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.