AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

"Fog" Growing on MFC?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that what may be lying at the root of this is developments in the wider economy. Real wages are falling here in the UK, unemployment is high in the States, and there's just less disposable cash to spend on stuff like MFC. I've thought for a while that the economic downturn would have the effect of stretching the pool of money spent on MFC thinner, and the stories being told on this thread seems to bear it out. Sadly, there isn't much evidence that things are going to improve any time soon.

:twocents-02cents:

Maybe they are all waiting for the chat log to unfreeze.

thanks to this "fog" i've actually developed some hussle. i'd say i'm getting fairly good at it but damn is it emotionally and physically draining. :/ on the plus side, it's been helping me in my real sex life.

ScarlettLeigh said:
CherryPi said:
Mikeythegeek said:
This is what I've been saying for so long now. Why do the show in public, having 10-15 people tip enough for the show and give away the goods for free to 900 pervs when you can go into a group show and still get all those tippers AND tempt some of those other 900 pervs to spend some cash to see the show themselves. I've said this here before- the model that convinced me to join MFC was Amber and part of it was because I wanted to see her masturbate and to do that, I needed to spend the cash. If Amber just gave it all away for free, I don't believe I'd be typing this right now!

In short, make the guys want to spend the cash and deny the freeloaders the really good stuff.

I used to be able to make BANK off of public shows but that's no an option anymore due to the freeloaders. Doing ban sessions sometimes help but I'm not a big fan of the banner.. Question is, people have to sign up for a group show so how do I make that happen? I can't exactly make them click on the group so what do I do if people don't want to go group?

The reason for all the freeloaders is because of all the public shows. If they were more rare a commodity they would be worth more on the MFC market. I have only done a couple of public shows but no more.
Agreed I have never done a public show, people are now too use to seeing such crazy insane things/shows for free they just don't tip.

I do gentle soft core non nude teasing in public for tips THAT is all I could have a room full of 700+ ppl and MAYBE 2 to 3 people tipping.It is VERY discouraging and rude IMO to sit with tokens and watch for free, like another girl mentioned 5 tokens...10 tokens just show you appreciate the view.SOMETHING.

This is why I have never ever done a public show because the weight of the show on a few people is NOT cool at all for models or members alike.I prefer to accept pvt and grp shows and am more then willing to provide an amazing time during then and no one barking at me do this do that etc.Plus I can cater towards what one desires in a pvt or sometimes even a group show.Much more fun that way to be on a personal level with each person.

BloodRed87 said:
My :twocents-02cents:

I really think that since public shows are on the rise on MFC, it really has jaded a good majority of the members.

This seems to be their step-by-step procedure:
1. Drop in a models room
2. Don't tip, chat much or none at all
3. Wait for tips or a monster tip to come in
4. Wait for their free show

MFC = Many Fucking Cheap-asses

Sorry to be so brutal, but it's just the way how I see things.

Totally agree...My favorite thing is when you ask someone a direct question and they don't answer but still stay there not doing anything.

on the other hand i wonder how many member would be on mfc without the public shows.
I can at least say for me i would have never stayed longer than 5 minutes on mfc on my first visit without the display of possibilities.

Reactions: LilyVonShtupp
BloodRed87 wrote:
My

I really think that since public shows are on the rise on MFC, it really has jaded a good majority of the members.

1. Drop in a models room

Totally agree...My favorite thing is when you ask someone a direct question and they don't answer but still stay there not doing anything.

True dat... last night was a case in point, 238 guys in a girl's room... but there were just myself and two others tipping and adding comments as a great girl worked her ass off to get tips... WTF! The girl ended it by getting her clothes back on and then starting again.

I used to just visit girl's rooms and take part in public shows, tipping periodically to show appreciation of the model's efforts, but now I will arrange more private sessions with a few favourite girls... it helps them out and gives the freeloaders, lots of premiums as well, the message to dip into the wallet now and again. I have only been here on MFC for about 4 months but it has changed a lot even in that short time. I know the economy is not good etc, but finding $20 (£12-£13 in UK) for a basic package surely can't be beyond most of these guys!

BloodRed87 said:
My :twocents-02cents:

1. Drop in a models room

This says it best, but fog or no fog, real sexiness still sells.

LovelyLemon said:
Zoomer said:
I am very tempted to believe that public shows really have damaged the propensity for grp/pvt shows to occur.

I don't expect tips in public because my job in public is to seduce the crowd.
.......but all exposed taints will eventually suffer the same fate : overexposure.

my first post here....and you'll likely find that i tend towards way more wordiness :lol:
no need here, tho.....i agree with both zoomer and lemon.....and the value of "taint" (my new word of the day :-D ) in chatville is nil without something MORE (sensuality, humor....etc)

i like being seduced :clap: ....a great piece of meat in the grocery store can do that....but even then, i don't enjoy it raw....it takes some preparation.....

hmmm....wanna add that i'm the kind of guy that tips in a room where a model is seducing....using her skill set to bring out the best in herself and the room....(i didn't want there to be any misunderstanding about that :roll: )

Reactions: SoTxBob
What you are experiencing is probably 1 or 2 or 3 things.

1. Everyone is stroking, or at work...

2. The summer slow down fenomenon of the web cam world...

3. The majority of visitors at MFC come from the US - People are holding onto their money tightly because of the political tension in the country right now - They have VIEWERS GUILT and feel like they should not talk until they ARE ABLE TO SPEND AGAIN.

*Don't stress it, use it as a time to bond with the guys who are there.

*And make a list of creative things to try.

Happy camming!

Web Designer said:
What you are experiencing is probably 1 or 2 or 3 things.

1. Everyone is stroking, or at work...

2. The summer slow down fenomenon of the web cam world...

3. The majority of visitors at MFC come from the US - People are holding onto their money tightly because of the political tension in the country right now - They have VIEWERS GUILT and feel like they should not talk until they ARE ABLE TO SPEND AGAIN.

*Don't stress it, use it as a time to bond with the guys who are there.

*And make a list of creative things to try.

Happy camming!
True stories, summertime is when people are outside enjoying the warmer weather, all my avenues online are slower in the summer time, it is what it is, just be thankful for what is and what you have! not what isn't.

The internet world and income will always vary, it is not a set income as many of us would like to think haha.Just have to try and go with the flow.

This thread, at least to me, seems spot on and too factual to die yet. Just today I was in a room with a girl trying her best to get anyone to talk. Her topic was 'Shower show; talk or tip to show you're interested.'
3 of us regs chatted.... the rest were crickets. After an hour of 'motivational attempts' she finally went on with it anyway. She got about 75 tokens during the show... I felt her frustration. Her CS took a hammering today and she is now considering going to a 'glass booth site' to make some rent money since the members on mfc have become such tightwads.

An anecdotal tidbit... when I see members in the list that aren't doing anything but freeloading, I mouse over their nic to see how long they've been here. The vast majority aren't bloobs at all but long time members, many from 08/09 and some even before that. It appears they also have been trained by the freeshow models to sit and wait.

While I'm sure the top free show girls will take issue, IMO if MFC would actually enforce their so called 'penetration in free' rules, it would be a lot better for everyone involved.
Case in point, CrazySysy had a 15 minute gp the other day that averaged between 30 and 80 members for the duration... That is great per minute bank no matter who you are.

SoTxBob said:
This thread, at least to me, seems spot on and too factual to die yet. Just today I was in a room with a girl trying her best to get anyone to talk. Her topic was 'Shower show; talk or tip to show you're interested.'
3 of us regs chatted.... the rest were crickets. After an hour of 'motivational attempts' she finally went on with it anyway. She got about 75 tokens during the show... I felt her frustration. Her CS took a hammering today and she is now considering going to a 'glass booth site' to make some rent money since the members on mfc have become such tightwads.

An anecdotal tidbit... when I see members in the list that aren't doing anything but freeloading, I mouse over their nic to see how long they've been here. The vast majority aren't bloobs at all but long time members, many from 08/09 and some even before that. It appears they also have been trained by the freeshow models to sit and wait.

While I'm sure the top free show girls will take issue, IMO if MFC would actually enforce their so called 'penetration in free' rules, it would be a lot better for everyone involved.
Case in point, CrazySysy had a 15 minute gp the other day that averaged between 30 and 80 members for the duration... That is great per minute bank no matter who you are.
This is so true. If a model can get guys worked up enough, she can get a fair number of prems to see her in a group show. Yes, there will be the occasional whiner who is all "y u no fuck in public bb." But as I've said a 1000 times by now, the best things in life aren't for free. Seeing a woman being intimate with herself shouldn't be free. Period.

Reactions: SoTxBob
It's definitely a case of free public shows, like you can go to the south american section and find girls fisting in public as well as doing things ridiculously cheap,so the whole free shows aspect definitely plays into it,there is definitely also lying that go's on, personally I've been lied to once as well as witnessed a model appear to do the same a couple of days ago and the guy just get pissed off and leave, so i guess that makes people pretty bitter and reluctant to give up tokens too,economy issues probably play a part in it too, but i think the main problem is the undercutting and the free shows.MFC also ain't the most classy site, i have personally seen incest on there and from the UK of all places, as well as a few from eastern europe etc implying they are mother/daughter, so things like that may play a part too

Reactions: ScarlettLeigh
Mikeythegeek said:
This is so true. If a model can get guys worked up enough, she can get a fair number of prems to see her in a group show. Yes, there will be the occasional whiner who is all "y u no fuck in public bb." But as I've said a 1000 times by now, the best things in life aren't for free. Seeing a woman being intimate with herself shouldn't be free. Period.

I wish we could set our own limit for group, or at least.. be able to have more than 3 guys pledge that they'd be joining before accepting (ie, be able to start it at 3, but allow that number to tally before you actually go to the group), because I hate going into group feeling like only 3 people are interested. Before I go, I'd like to be sure I'm going to make an amount that's worth it. (Though, I should note that all tokens are "worth" it, but not always worth the room count decline) It's already enough of a mindfuck in group to watch numbers fluctuate and deal with silent members. I'd be way more willing to go to group more often if this were the case.

Reactions: 1 person
AJ989 said:
It's definitely a case of free public shows, like you can go to the south american section and find girls fisting in public as well as doing things ridiculously cheap,so the whole free shows aspect definitely plays into it,there is definitely also lying that go's on, personally I've been lied to once as well as witnessed a model appear to do the same a couple of days ago and the guy just get pissed off and leave, so i guess that makes people pretty bitter and reluctant to give up tokens too,economy issues probably play a part in it too, but i think the main problem is the undercutting and the free shows.MFC also ain't the most classy site, i have personally seen incest on there and from the UK of all places, as well as a few from eastern europe etc implying they are mother/daughter, so things like that may play a part too

There's a lot of truth to what you're saying. I've said it before and I'll say it again....the desperation of some ruins it for many.

I'm glad that this was brought up. And also glad to read both Boce and Jup's thoughts. I've been thinking along the
same lines myself. I come in to a models room, and honestly I'm a fairly shy person, so my screen name holds some
truth. I come in and am usually shy at first until I get to know the model and/or some of the members. I'm not rich by
any means. But I get by. I'm a nice guy. I'm respectful to all MFC models and I care. Because of my particular financial
situation, I can't buy tokens often at all. In fact to be honest, since I (finally lol) became a premium this past December,
I've only bought 400 tokens. So when I go into a room I dont expect anything. I come in and usually say hello. And
maybe strike up a conversation. I've been very fortunate to have some models tell me that it's okay if I don't have tokens,
they enjoy talking to me. But I dont usually stay in one room for too long. Because I dont have tokens, and I feel a sense of
guilt. I respect you girls/ladies( a good majority of you) Thanks for making a guy feel special. Wow, I guess I talk a lot. (lol)
Sorry.

ShyGuy359 said:
I'm glad that this was brought up. And also glad to read both Boce and Jup's thoughts. I've been thinking along the
same lines myself. I come in to a models room, and honestly I'm a fairly shy person, so my screen name holds some
truth. I come in and am usually shy at first until I get to know the model and/or some of the members. I'm not rich by
any means. But I get by. I'm a nice guy. I'm respectful to all MFC models and I care. Because of my particular financial
situation, I can't buy tokens often at all. In fact to be honest, since I (finally lol) became a premium this past December,
I've only bought 400 tokens. So when I go into a room I dont expect anything. I come in and usually say hello. And
maybe strike up a conversation. I've been very fortunate to have some models tell me that it's okay if I don't have tokens,
they enjoy talking to me. But I dont usually stay in one room for too long. Because I dont have tokens, and I feel a sense of
guilt. I respect you girls/ladies( a good majority of you) Thanks for making a guy feel special. Wow, I guess I talk a lot. (lol)
Sorry.

As long as you don't beg for free shows, most models will welcome you to their room, tokens or not.

Another way to help a model out if you dont have tokens is screencaps, if she ask you anyways! i love it if people make me gifs/ banners or give me screengrabs and ill even pose for them and stay still.

The reason why I found these forms was because I meet a girl on MFC and it was like her 2nd night on. It was slow and we started talking about MFC and I was helping her out with some things I saw around and helping her with her profile. She is a great girl amazing personality tries to make it entertaining for the room. I did tip her the first few times I was in her room but told her hey I am broke until payday so she knows, she was cool with it and even sent me a few mails saying thanks, means a lot to me. I have been trying to come up with idea because the room has been so dead and nothing seems to work. I even been pimping her out in lodge and I hate that.
So my main questions is what can members do to help a girl out?

Post her name!!!

JK, some guys do gifs, don't know much that helps and if that helps. I believe tips and keeping her room a cool place is the best way to help her.

Reactions: Erragal
MrRodry said:
Post her name!!!

JK, some guys do gifs, don't know much that helps and if that helps. I believe tips and keeping her room a cool place is the best way to help her.

Thanks, I haven't had a chance to ask her if she mind if I post her name so I will hold off on that, know she applied for a account on here just needs to get verified.

After last night's cam session I'm going to reiterate that if you're broke, her room is deadly quiet and you want to help out, the best thing you can do (at first) to help out is get a conversation going.

ex. I was on cam last night *attempting* to chat up the room and get some fun going, even putting on silly animal costumes and was continually met with silence from 50+ people. Turns out someone from this forum capped me but still didn't talk to me and left me to be silly, alone in silence. I finally had someone who'd been lurking for awhile take pity on me and start chatting (after ~30 minutes of nothing) and it helped bring a little bit of life back into my chat room.

Even if you can't tip, talking and being pleasant with a model can really help instead of just sitting there and watching in silence. Most models will appreciate a conversation over you sitting there staring and not tipping. :)

Reactions: SNATCH
blackxrose said:
After last night's cam session I'm going to reiterate that if you're broke, her room is deadly quiet and you want to help out, the best thing you can do (at first) to help out is get a conversation going.

ex. I was on cam last night *attempting* to chat up the room and get some fun going, even putting on silly animal costumes and was continually met with silence from 50+ people. Turns out someone from this forum capped me but still didn't talk to me and left me to be silly, alone in silence. I finally had someone who'd been lurking for awhile take pity on me and start chatting (after ~30 minutes of nothing) and it helped bring a little bit of life back into my chat room.

Even if you can't tip, talking and being pleasant with a model can really help instead of just sitting there and watching in silence. Most models will appreciate a conversation over you sitting there staring and not tipping. :)

Yea that has been what I was doing sometimes i get lost in pms because she is in the medical field and i start going off on something new i heard about in the medical field, i am a nerd like that.

But this offer goes out to anyone if you see me on and it's dead in ur room pm me and say hi, if I am not busy I will hop in and try to help get a convo going.

One well known model made a point in another thread that a slow month for one model us a busy month for another and that inevitably it will pick up for and slow down for each model sometime soon.

What I would really like to see are MFC's stats of gross income & number of models working each month over time. I wonder how much it actually varies or if the same amount of tokens are flying through the site each month.

Wow I just started typing about flying tokens, I need to go to sleep now.

I think the non-talking is a big result of cam guilt, where if I'm not tipping I don't feel I have a right to chat up the model and take her attention away from the guys who are tipping. I think if a model were to flat out say "Talk to me even if you're not tipping" then it would clear a lot of that up.

Also, I'm surprised that no one has brought up the "Most Popular Room Link" which basically shows every public show already in progress. Guys can just use that to hop from free show to free show, its even easier than sitting in the lounge waiting for a regular to pimp for his or her favorite model who is about to start a show.

I also think models who do countdowns need to do more "modular" countdowns. The big countdowns of 4-5k sometimes seem impossible to hit, and that makes me feel like my tip is a "bad investment" in the show. Instead try something like 1000 tokens to topless, 1000 to panties off, with flashes or dancing for each tip of say 100 or more. By that time guys will be ready for a show and the model can go to group. I think that way, you're still getting a larger audience for the nudity and the guys get what they pay for. They pay a little and they get nudity, they pay more and they also get a show. While public shows are nice, I think they need to be toned down a ton. Go back to the old days where penetration was banned in public chat.

Erragal said:
The reason why I found these forms was because I meet a girl on MFC and it was like her 2nd night on. It was slow and we started talking about MFC and I was helping her out with some things I saw around and helping her with her profile. She is a great girl amazing personality tries to make it entertaining for the room. I did tip her the first few times I was in her room but told her hey I am broke until payday so she knows, she was cool with it and even sent me a few mails saying thanks, means a lot to me. I have been trying to come up with idea because the room has been so dead and nothing seems to work. I even been pimping her out in lodge and I hate that.
So my main questions is what can members do to help a girl out?

I asked she is ok her name is YourSavannah she is on here
http://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5170

She tries so many different things, last show I saw she was making banana bread in her bra and panties but got very little tips. Hell if she was in my kitchen dressed like that she could have made me boiled water and it would have been the best meal I every ate. Right now she is watching and talking to other girls and trying to get some pointers.

also think models who do countdowns need to do more "modular" countdowns. The big countdowns of 4-5k sometimes seem impossible to hit, and that makes me feel like my tip is a "bad investment" in the show. Instead try something like 1000 tokens to topless, 1000 to panties off, with flashes or dancing for each tip of say 100 or more. By that time guys will be ready for a show and the model can go to group. I think that way, you're still getting a larger audience for the nudity and the guys get what they pay for. They pay a little and they get nudity, they pay more and they also get a show. While public shows are nice, I think they need to be toned down a ton. Go back to the old days where penetration was banned in public chat.

I really have to agree with that if it's smaller goals and it's teared then people don't feel like hey my 20 tokens isn't going to help out and wait for that big tipper.

HollieCakes said:
One well known model made a point in another thread that a slow month for one model us a busy month for another and that inevitably it will pick up for and slow down for each model sometime soon.

What I would really like to see are MFC's stats of gross income & number of models working each month over time. I wonder how much it actually varies or if the same amount of tokens are flying through the site each month.

Wow I just started typing about flying tokens, I need to go to sleep now.

Yes this is true, it can be slow for one girl and steady for another or another is banking! And sometimes it is just all around a slower feeling month, our cam careers are based off what others have to spend or want to put on their cc each month.BUT...

Social networking is so important if you really want to connect with fans and create a following of people who want to support you, let them know when your online and have them see an inkling into who you are.Get a twitter and a tumbler! If you are not willing to go the extra mile then do not expect to be noticed amongst the thousands of cam girls online.

Status
Not open for further replies.