AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Gaming on cam?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilith_Winter

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 4, 2015
Can I get sued for that? :lol:

I've been thinking about ways to have more fun on cam, and came to the realization that if I could play video games on cam (even if it's only once in a while) I'd enjoy myself a lot more.

I'm just worried about somehow getting into trouble. I've heard all sorts of stories about girls who unknowingly break the law... like how you can't have music in the background of your videos, because if that music is copyrighted and you're using it to make money, you can get into legal trouble.

Can anyone educate me about these types of issues?

Shaun__ said:
Twitch is a website that just streams people playing video games, so I do not see how you would get in trouble for doing the same thing. You could avoid dance or rhythm games if you are worried about copyrighted songs though.
Do people make money playing games on Twitch?

Reactions: LexieBlair
People do make money playing games on Twitch. There's even a subset of "sexy gamer girls" that seem to do well. A couple of words of warning:

I don't know what the Twitch TOS has as afar as adult content, and from what I've seen there's a bit of a "boys club" feel over there. I've heard stories of girl gamers being quite harassed.

There are other models who have held game sessions on MFC. A few may even be ACF members, so you might get some advice. And let's be real; MFC doesn't care about broadcasting copyrighted music.

twitch is very anti nudity. avalynnrose got her account suspended for being topless while streaming (pretty sure at least, that's what i gleaned from it), then again a few times for having her mfc profile link on her twitch account. so i wouldn't recommend going that route. i also don't think there's any way to charger for your twitch stream so it wouldn't work anyway.

Reactions: LexieBlair
Nah I'm not interested in using Twitch. I was just wondering if I could do shows on MFC involving gaming without getting sued lol. Since apparently you can make money playing games on Twitch without getting in trouble, I'm going to assume I can make money playing games on MFC without getting in trouble.

Not only can someone make great money streaming on twitch, the top streamers make at least as much as top MFC streamers.

Look at Sodapoppin's top donators:
Amhai: $50,000,
Obaid: $35,000,
FlexidreST: $11,000

Or LegendaryLea:
* AMHAI $23,100
* Richppl $21,777.76
* Anonymous $14,037.94
* Zoonster $8,025.20
* IDHQ $6,716.66
* BigBadDaddy12 $5,829.67
* TemporalChains $5,100
* Anonymous $4,935.66
* Thebiggles1996 4,571.95
* ROMENDACIL $4,571

That is straight cash, so not divided in half like MFC tokens are. That $50,000 donation would be comparable to a 1,000,000 token tip on MFC. Something I've never seen before.

That's a little misleading, ACFFan. Considering the bulk of people who stream on Twitch, it's a complete gamble and would involve setting up a completely unrelated business. Many of the top streamers are well established and sponsored (if not professional gamers/streamers); this takes quite an investment to start up and maintain.

I casually stream on Twitch in tandem with streaming on CB, I simply use the "International waters" of Twitter as an intermediary to dodge any legal issues with Twitch regarding direct links to adult content.

@Lilith_Winter - As for copyright issues, you should be fine to play games on MFC. If you can play music on-stream, you shouldn't have any issues. Only problems would be detraction from your ability to stay attentive to your room and keeping the game and yourself equally visible on-screen. I'm sure ManyCams or a third-party program like that can provide some customization but it still might be tricky. As far as I can see, I don't think it would be a breach of MFC's ToS contract at all. Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.

There used to be a gaming and camming site a while ago i used three years ago and then they closed down to upgrade and change how it was made / used, and then changed their business name and i can't find them anymore i waited about a year for them to go back up again... I was sad. :(

But yeah definitely, or you can sell your gaming username and game sessions on places like ELM, or get people to tip you to play games with them on MFC... Stuff like that. I have been paid $50.00 for an hour gaming session with someone on COD before...

I am selling my PSN (which once purchased i tell people that i will game with them free from there on out and they can even schedule gaming sessions with me for free and i will sometimes cam that way too.

see! :p

http://extralunchmoney.com/job/be-my-playstation-friend-and-game-with-me

This would be so amazing and fun! I sent MFC support an e-mail to ask them directly and I will report back what they say! ^_^

Getting rich off twitch is a bit like getting rich off youtube.
Look how many youtube accounts there are, now look how many of those accounts actually get enough views to make money. Its a really small pool in comparison.

Also for those people,all their time probably revolves around producing content and doing other things related to youtube.

Not unlike top MFC models. But one is probably more likely to become a middle-of-the-road-successful camgirl than a top Twitch streamer or Youtube blogger.

Jessi said:
Getting rich off twitch is a bit like getting rich off youtube.
Look how many youtube accounts there are, now look how many of those accounts actually get enough views to make money. Its a really small pool in comparison.

Also for those people,all their time probably revolves around producing content and doing other things related to youtube.

Not unlike top MFC models. But one is probably more likely to become a middle-of-the-road-successful camgirl than a top Twitch streamer or Youtube blogger.
A person I've been following on both Twitch and YouTube had to do both for several years while putting in a full-time amount of work and making next to nothing before he was finally able to make enough to justify quitting his job to stream/produce content full-time.

I've seen a few girls stream games while on MFC. It seemed to attract the wrong crowd because none of them really did all that well as far as tokens are concerned.

We always thought it would be a unique idea for models to sell their game ids (PSN Names or XBox ids) to members almost like they do with their PM access, Snap chat or kik names now. Some may be doing it already but its not done as much as we thought it would be with such a large gaming community out there.

One of the ideas we had for our camsite when its up was to integrate a separate show for the gaming crowd that would be something like your thinking of doing. As a company we are working on the legal issues of it also. its still something we are deciding on though.

MembersandModels said:
We always thought it would be a unique idea for models to sell their game ids (PSN Names or XBox ids) to members almost like they do with their PM access, Snap chat or kik names now. Some may be doing it already but its not done as much as we thought it would be with such a large gaming community out there.

One of the ideas we had for our camsite when its up was to integrate a separate show for the gaming crowd that would be something like your thinking of doing. As a company we are working on the legal issues of it also. its still something we are deciding on though.

It's been done and is done on many sites! It's really up to the individual model to sell what she wants and we already have the freedom to get creative and sell whatever we feel like. Plenty of girls already sell or give out gaming ID's.

I game on cam on a regular basis and I've never really been worried about legal issues. We do all KIIIINDS of stuff that could have legal issues (like playing music during shows, which is probably done by a majority) and I do think it's unlikely to be an issue. I think it's really important to be careful and everything, but some things have a much lower chance of causing problems. It depends on every girl's comfort levels and everything so I wouldn't recommend playing games on cam or watching movies or anything if you're worried. I feel like the odds of someone catching you in that moment who is connected with those businesses is so slim, and even then you would likely get a cease and desist in which case you would stop!

I will agree with Pioneer, though! I ADORE playing video games on cam, however I do find that it can sometime kill the room and often I don't meet my goals on nights when I do it. It's tons of fun, but I have to spread it out and save it as a special occasion sort of thing. I think that some games are certainly better than others and the way you integrate it is important, too! I'm still looking for the best ways, but will make my attempts spread out over time!

I currently give out my Steam ID, but my PSN ID is personal so I don't intend to share it. I think that all models sharing gamer tags should make sure that they're staying safe and protecting their personal information when they do so! Do your research!

KayleePond said:
MembersandModels said:

It's been done and is done on many sites! It's really up to the individual model to sell what she wants and we already have the freedom to get creative and sell whatever we feel like. Plenty of girls already sell or give out gaming ID's.

I game on cam on a regular basis and I've never really been worried about legal issues. We do all KIIIINDS of stuff that could have legal issues (like playing music during shows, which is probably done by a majority) and I do think it's unlikely to be an issue. I think it's really important to be careful and everything, but some things have a much lower chance of causing problems. It depends on every girl's comfort levels and everything so I wouldn't recommend playing games on cam or watching movies or anything if you're worried. I feel like the odds of someone catching you in that moment who is connected with those businesses is so slim, and even then you would likely get a cease and desist in which case you would stop!

I will agree with Pioneer, though! I ADORE playing video games on cam, however I do find that it can sometime kill the room and often I don't meet my goals on nights when I do it. It's tons of fun, but I have to spread it out and save it as a special occasion sort of thing. I think that some games are certainly better than others and the way you integrate it is important, too! I'm still looking for the best ways, but will make my attempts spread out over time!

I currently give out my Steam ID, but my PSN ID is personal so I don't intend to share it. I think that all models sharing gamer tags should make sure that they're staying safe and protecting their personal information when they do so! Do your research!

We totally agree! But we also feel it has a lot of room to grow in the cam community also, and yes ofcourse be safe with the information you put out there thats a given.

Streaming games in 480p (MFC HD quality) is awful and blurry, you can barely stream Mario Kart or Super Mario World but they will be watching more for you than for the game.

I got some donations on twitch by doing speedruns for a while, before MFC, and it was really hard to make people donate, since twitch is not 18+ and underage cant send you money over the internet as easy as adults.

Thing is: you can do game nights without the copyright problem, but dont expect the MFC stream to be as good as 720p-1080p like twitch. And dont expect twitch people to tip as much as MFC people.

MFC never responded to my e-mail asking them if it was okay. I'll let you know if I ever receive a response O_O

Reactions: Maneater_Mileena
Miqote said:
MFC never responded to my e-mail asking them if it was okay. I'll let you know if I ever receive a response O_O
I want to know what they will say about it, I'd love to do gaming nights. I also wonder how streamate would deal with it :shock:

I've notice a brand new model last week or two (her name rang a bell, she was an art nude model I've already seen elsewhere a few years back), she was just doing that, playing Dragon's Age on cam. Her topic was something like "tip me to get my attention" (off the game). Apart from the fact her camera setup, lighting, and lack of sound will probably make her fail quickly, I don't think such shows will work well. MFC cam resolution is only 320×240, which is terrible to stream video games, and even more so if you intend to do some split screen show. Plus it's tough to focus on the game AND what happen in your room AND stay sexy.

So, by this logic, I should be fine to sell a video that's got a game going on in the background. That sound right? Say, "watch me get eaten out as I play Dark Souls" or something? :lol:

If you guys can't tell, I've heard some horror stories about camgirls and legal trouble. I like to quadruple look before I leap, now.

I stream on Twitch, and its not a money-maker, trust me. And I'll echo whoever said that girl gamers get a TON of harassment. Just the other night, I had a group of viewers harassing one of my moderators trying to blackmail him into giving them my personal info (not that he has any of it, but they assumed he did)...trust me, its troll city on Twitch if you're a girl. I have gamed on MFC a handful of times and while its fun, it makes very little income. It'd probably be something that you could do on a chill type of night where your token expectations aren't super high, or even on a night off to do in a members room (could make guys tip for access maybe?)

But YAY FOR THE VIDEO GAMES!!
:dance:

The only time I've had any success gaming on MFC is with a greenscreen set-up, with me in the corner, and doing regular shows that involve the game as the background and full-screen my own cam and doing things "in" the game. I'm pretty sure once I did a sex show with Slappy while my Skyrim character fucked Cicero in the background thanks to some mods.

I'm going to go ahead and assume what I did isn't legal in about 579364 ways.

VeronicaChaos said:
I'm pretty sure once I did a sex show with Slappy while my Skyrim character fucked Cicero in the background thanks to some mods.

I think you're my new hero.

That aside, that all sounds like a crazy amount of work. :salute:

Reactions: VeronicaChaos
DeezNA said:
That's a little misleading, ACFFan. Considering the bulk of people who stream on Twitch, it's a complete gamble and would involve setting up a completely unrelated business. Many of the top streamers are well established and sponsored (if not professional gamers/streamers); this takes quite an investment to start up and maintain.

I casually stream on Twitch in tandem with streaming on CB, I simply use the "International waters" of Twitter as an intermediary to dodge any legal issues with Twitch regarding direct links to adult content.

@Lilith_Winter - As for copyright issues, you should be fine to play games on MFC. If you can play music on-stream, you shouldn't have any issues. Only problems would be detraction from your ability to stay attentive to your room and keeping the game and yourself equally visible on-screen. I'm sure ManyCams or a third-party program like that can provide some customization but it still might be tricky. As far as I can see, I don't think it would be a breach of MFC's ToS contract at all. Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.

not to mention, the larger "donations" on twitch are often fake. streamers will freak out over 1k+ donations only to find out they were backcharged or something.

I stream on twitch after my MFC camshows sometimes, just for my gamer friends, and only for fun, not for money. I do use a facecam and i play either games they are curious about or horror games for those face reactions :p it's fun.

I've wondered myself what the official MFC rules are for having a gaming window open on stream...though i dont think it would really attract people.

To the girls who have gamed on MFC...I'm assuming it was PC gaming and you used something like ManyCam to split the stream? I really want to game on MFC on a chill night but I'm a console gamer and can't figure out a way to stream both me and my Xbox display in a manageable way. And I don't really want to do Twitch. Merp.

Status
Not open for further replies.