AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Gardening-flowers, food, weeds, etc.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Korreline said:
Rose said:
Korreline said:
My first cactus sprout happened! It's echinocereus but I don't remember which species.

I'M EXCIIIIITE
Picture?

Sorry, totally didn't see this until now!
Meet my cactus named "God I hope it lives"

tumblr_mnmg9q3vAf1rq81k1o1_500.jpg

I had one a few years back that I should have named Snowball.
Why? Because its odds of survival under my care weren't much better than a snowball's chances in hell. :lol:

Reactions: Rose
I should've named all of my Venus's-flytraps death because none of them survived. XD In my defense I did not realize that they could die of drought. I also didn't realize that they could die from over watering and overfeeding. Basically it was a cluster fuck of I messed up.....lol

Reactions: emptiedglass
Rose said:
I should've named all of my Venus's-flytraps death because none of them survived. XD In my defense I did not realize that they could die of drought. I also didn't realize that they could die from over watering and overfeeding. Basically it was a cluster fuck of I messed up.....lol
drought...over watering....You're damned if you do and....
That's one of the reason I love tomatoes. Water the hell out of em consistently with lots of fertilizer and mmmmmmmmmmm tomatoes.

Where was I?

Attachments

• homer drool.jpg
    homer drool.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 119
Update on my baby cactus!

He turned a kinda reddish-brown color and it made me freak the fuck out and move him out of direct sunlight, he's still not as bright green as he was, but I don't think he's dying...

IN FACT, HE HAS HIS FIRST LITTLE BABY CACTUS SPIKIES. OMG.

I tried my best to get a picture of them, you gotta full-view the picture and zoom in to see them properly.. But DUDE!
THEY'RE THERE!!!

I'm gonna link to the picture because it is fuck-huge and I don't wanna stretch the page.

So far I've gotten 5 tomatoes from my plants. :dance: And they were so yummy! I've also made a potpourri(sp?) from my lavender plant's first buds. Yippee! I've got quite a few more tomatoes getting ready to ripen before too long so I'm anxiously awaiting fresh, sunshine grown tomatoes. :dance: :dance: :dance:

*bump* I got a VERY startling surprise today in this year's garden. Spawn was standing at my feet and helping me water all of our seedlings when a mama bird contemplated attacking my face. :shock: Apparently we have a nest inside our hanging gardenias. After calling for help and doing the flappy hands startled dance, we managed to convince BJ to hang the planter under the balcony stairs so the nest would get plenty of warmth and sunshine without being vulnerable or susceptible our particularly nasty Southern spring/summer weather. Only time will tell if mama bird comes back to the eggs or not, here's hoping. Hopefully time shows that Spawn doesn't develop any irrational fears of birds too. :lol:

Other than that, we've had two official early blooms on our mass of morning glories, both Grandpa Otts if I've identified them correctly. We planted a LARGE variety this year: moonflowers, royal blues, mixed seeds, Granda Otts, flying saucers, milky ways, and a couple others. We also have a pink gardenia pot that I let Spawn pick out, my usual planter of English Lavender (smells heavenly!), a planter of red poppy seeds that came in a plantable birthday card for Spawn, and a mixed planter of daffodil, hyacinth, and blue balloons (which I was absolutely shocked to see grow back this year since jerk-butt Sammy dog supposedly destroyed the dormant stems over the winter). Oh! We're also branching out and trying potatoes this year. I have no clue how that will go, we'll see. Unfortunately tomatoes and planters haven't been in the budget this year (we always budget those in last), but there's still plenty of time to add them and get a small harvest depending on how June goes. :mrgreen: :dance:

Different from last year; 90% of our garden is in ground instead of in planters and we've added several wind chimes and trellises. The morning glories are just LOVING the cheapo trellises we added. They've totally over taken the trellises and starting climbing the support beams for the balcony. It's a really pretty sight and it would be awesome if they braided the beams to create a privacy fence of sorts; I'll just have to see how much time and patience I can have to dedicate to that as I've already broken several healthy vines. :( I'm sure with a little bit of gentle coaxing they can at least wrap the prongs on our pinwheels though.

Hooray for creating more oxygen! And not letting myself or Spawn get pecked to death by an angry mama bird since we were dingalings and couldn't see how hidden her nest was. Woo!

I'm kinda super obsessed with gardening right now. Especially shade / woodland gardening.

This year I'm focusing on landscaping and ornamental gardening (with a few strawberries) while I figure out the best placement for vegetable gardening in my fairly shaded yard.

The rhododendron, ferns and one of the hostas was here when I moved in, since then I've added a large hosta, a third smaller one, and some annual flowers for pops of color.

The other side of my porch is still filling out, but I have more hostas (I really, really like hostas), astilbes, roses, periwinkle, clover and strawberries. Once it fills out I will be sure to post pictures.

Attachments

• garden.jpg
    garden.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 78
glad im not the only one obsessed with growing things, i have an obscene amount of flowers.. mostly roses, but i tend to want to grow things that are difficult to grow cause im stubborn like that.. i ahve so many more, but here are a few so far this year

Attachments

• 100MEDIA$IMAG1459.jpg
    100MEDIA$IMAG1459.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 100MEDIA$IMAG1462.jpg
    100MEDIA$IMAG1462.jpg
    864.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 100MEDIA$IMAG1461.jpg
    100MEDIA$IMAG1461.jpg
    845.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 100MEDIA$IMAG0712(1).jpg
    100MEDIA$IMAG0712(1).jpg
    792.9 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: TacoBelle and Rose
Ooh! How pretty! You ladies have done a wonderful job cultivating some lovely blossoms. :thumbleft: :thumbleft:

After being gone for a week, I returned home to a lovely surprise. Apparently the earth took care of my garden this week while I was gone and I've come home to a truly massive growth of morning glories. If we had taller trellises, they'd have covered the whole thing. :shock: If someone fell into them, they'd most likely disappear. Haha... I'll have to take pictures in the morning when there's a few blooms popping up. Hooray for flowers!

I want to do some gardening next year since I've really missed planting season this year I'm doing a lot of planning for next season. Does anyone have any experience planting fruits, vegetables or herbs in an arid climate? I'm in a desert and my altitude is pretty high as well. I'll be doing a raised garden because the soil here is useless but I'm not sure what to plant. The only thing I know for certain grows here is tumbleweeds and peppers.

Looks like the mama bird came back to her nest after all. :) Hopefully her eggs are alright and after they hatch they all scurry off away from my flowers.

7CD3N8U.jpg

fdN6kzl.jpg

GVU3LF6.jpg

Edit: The pink cup is holding a sprouting avocado pit. I have no idea if I'll be able to get it to grow, but I figure it's worth a try. :)

Rose said:
Korreline said:
Rose said:
Korreline said:
My first cactus sprout happened! It's echinocereus but I don't remember which species.

I'M EXCIIIIITE
Picture?

Sorry, totally didn't see this until now!
Meet my cactus named "God I hope it lives"

tumblr_mnmg9q3vAf1rq81k1o1_500.jpg
Lol! That's what I've named several of my plants. :D

That first little sign of green is always the most exciting!! I am planting a veggie garden this weekend with the kiddos and we are working on it all summer! I already have a very special mommy garden to attend to ;-) Good luck with your cactus, hope it gets awesome!

Reactions: Rose
I could use some advice on growing sweet potatoes! I researched a bit on the internet, and it seems pretty easy, but they're are so many ways of doing it. Right now I have a sweet potato sitting in the sun in a jar of water. It's starting to grow things out of it. I just don't when I should plant it and how :think:
Here is a picture of it. It looks so funky.
sweetpotato_zps204ba9a7.jpg

Wanted some color in my yard since my rhododendron's flowers have died off and picked up a bunch of bright annuals!

I found this old crate in our shed and decided it would make a cute planter.

Got some landscaping fabric and some bricks and bam! Planter acquired.

I also severely crowded the flowers, but I am very impatient and waiting for them to grow to their mature size takes too long. <.<

Eh, they're annuals and it's all a learning experience!

Attachments

• flower box.jpg
    flower box.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 26
I love gardening, I wish I had more space to dedicate to it! I do pretty well with what I have, especially considering I live downtown in a major city, but am always dreaming of moving to the country and spending my days with my hands deep in the dirt.

I have a large container garden on my front porch (nearly all from found/garbage planters), most are a combination of leafy greens and flowers. Rainbow chard, arugula, three lettuce varieties and lots and lots of herbs. My front flower bed has sugar snap peas crawling up the porch, holding hands with the taller flowers, as well as a jalepeno and kale plant. On the side of my porch are window planters and 5 gal buckets containing more herbs, a pepper plant (companion planted with marigolds!) and swiss chard and kale. The backyard garden is starting to explode after a very cold Wisconsin spring, we have 4 tomato and pepper varieties, tons of lettuce and spinach, 3 kale varieties, 4 brussel sprout and broccoli plants and a ridiculous amount of chives.

Thanks for looking, I could talk about gardening all day! I love to cook and nothing beats running to the backyard with a pair of scissors and coming in with handfuls of fresh herbs right before dinner :flower:

Attachments

• noaddress.jpg
    noaddress.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 2010-12-31 23.00.00-312.jpg
    2010-12-31 23.00.00-312.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 2010-12-31 23.00.00-313.jpg
    2010-12-31 23.00.00-313.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 2010-12-31 23.00.00-284.jpg
    2010-12-31 23.00.00-284.jpg