AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Good cam / shitty cam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Logitech 9000 or C920 would be your best bets. 920 for HD.

The built in mic on these should work wonders.

Reactions: katie_christ
AmberCutie said:
Logitech 9000 or C920 would be your best bets. 920 for HD.

The built in mic on these should work wonders.

I LOVE the Logitech C920 but the mic is too sensitive for me so I use the mic on my laptop and that works. I have been known to get very loud when excited about anything and when that happens people complain about feedback. If you are a little more calm, you may not have the same problem :)

Reactions: katie_christ
i decided to go with the C920 :) i ordered from Amazon, so i'll be able to play with it a few times and see how i like it.

Don't forget you can adjust your mic input in the flash settings menu when broadcasting. :thumbleft:

So like I said in another post I was planning to come back to cam tonight.. go to get my logitech 9000 to set my stuff up.. dog ate it. awesome.
So i just bought a C920 from amazon..
Do you girl only cam with it or is it sharp enough for videos for sale?

Reactions: JaneJupiter
I'm definitely in need of a new cam... You girls have mentioned the C920 a bunch so I'm wondering if there's anyone who uses it with a Mac?

I've found a video that talks about downloading an app from apple that'll have it work with a Mac.. but I'm hoping someone on here has experience with it as well!

I keep having trouble with lag/freezing up so I'm not entirely sure if a new cam will help with that. The searching around on the forum I've done has told me I should be watching my CPU usage and stuff, which is fine, but I have nothing else running but the Flash player I stream from and the streaming website... *sigh*

lanajane said:
I'm definitely in need of a new cam... You girls have mentioned the C920 a bunch so I'm wondering if there's anyone who uses it with a Mac?

I've found a video that talks about downloading an app from apple that'll have it work with a Mac.. but I'm hoping someone on here has experience with it as well!

I'm quietly sitting and waiting in the bushes for this one. I asked a little while back for similar information under different topic but got no feedback :crybaby:

I hope it's not because of my man parts :shock: and you find what you seek, to which I can then steal :-D

RedneckHick said:
lanajane said:

I'm quietly sitting and waiting in the bushes for this one. I asked a little while back for similar information under different topic but got no feedback :crybaby:

I hope it's not because of my man parts :shock: and you find what you seek, to which I can then steal :-D

I have had a c920 for a couple months collecting a bit of dust now because I have an older macbook OS 10.6.8 and I can't get it to work on mfc without pixelation and extreme choppiness and lag. The weird thing is it works fine and shows clear on Chaturbate or with the encoder on Streamate. I have the webcam settings ap, but it doesn't make a difference for me for MFC. I don't know, I'm not the best at this stuff and am getting a second (pc) machine soon within the month so I've kind of given up and just use my older cam for (c615) MFC.

There's other threads on this and I think there might be some girls with newer macs that can use the 920 on MFC using the webcam settings. You need webcam settings or something similar anyways(it's like $8) to adjust the camera on its own because the logitech software that comes with the c920 isn't compatible with Mac OS.

LuckySmiles said:
RedneckHick said:
lanajane said:

I have had a c920 for a couple months collecting a bit of dust now because I have an older macbook OS 10.6.8 and I can't get it to work on mfc without pixelation and extreme choppiness and lag. The weird thing is it works fine and shows clear on Chaturbate or with the encoder on Streamate. I have the webcam settings ap, but it doesn't make a difference for me for MFC. I don't know, I'm not the best at this stuff and am getting a second (pc) machine soon within the month so I've kind of given up and just use my older cam for (c615) MFC.

There's other threads on this and I think there might be some girls with newer macs that can use the 920 on MFC using the webcam settings. You need webcam settings or something similar anyways(it's like $8) to adjust the camera on its own because the logitech software that comes with the c920 isn't compatible with Mac OS.

I use the logitech 920 on the most recent macbook air with iglasses and it works pretty well for me, the only thing that I have to do is use firefox, if I use chrome the camera is all stretched out (which tends to be a common occurence). but yeah firefox + iglasses + logitech 920 is pretty good for me :)

Thank you ladies for that. I'll pass on the information.

She's has two Macs. I don't know why but she likes the Apple logo. (I know there good so relax ;) ) One is older but she has been using a Mac Air because the camera is better. I've been pushing her for a new camera for sometime now and recently she started taking this work more seriously so it's about that time. She will also be making the leap to videos and stuff so a decent cam is definitely required. Hopefully one of her regulars buy it for her but still just want to make sure there's it works for her.

Please, don't go screen capturing my cam. I'm new and still working on improving the quality. :lol:

rockstarforall said:
Does anyone know the compression that MFC and other sites use? MFC's stream quality seems far lower than other sites.
It's probably h.263 or maybe h.264. I've never noticed compression problems specifically (macroblocking, etc.), but the resolution is definitely much lower than most other sites. Someone above said 320x240. I could believe even less. Fortunately there's all the great models and members to make up for it.

ramblin said:
rockstarforall said:
Does anyone know the compression that MFC and other sites use? MFC's stream quality seems far lower than other sites.
It's probably h.263 or maybe h.264. I've never noticed compression problems specifically (macroblocking, etc.), but the resolution is definitely much lower than most other sites. Someone above said 320x240. I could believe even less. Fortunately there's all the great models and members to make up for it.
Excuse the double post. From what I can see, "non-HD" is probably VP6 at 320x240. "HD" is probably h.264 (clue being the Flash 11 requirement), but still quite low res - probably still 320x240, maybe 640x480

ramblin said:
Excuse the double post. From what I can see, "non-HD" is probably VP6 at 320x240. "HD" is probably h.264 (clue being the Flash 11 requirement), but still quite low res - probably still 320x240, maybe 640x480

This post triggered my curiosity, so I went digging. The results from my tests confirm you were pretty close:
non-HD: FLV1 (variant of H263), 320x240, with audio using 'NELL' (ASAO) codec, mono, 22050 Hz 32bps
HD: H264, 320x240, 24fps, spx audio 16000Hz, 16bps
mobile: H264, 320x240, 24fps, AAC audio, stereo, 32000Hz

Reactions: ramblin
I know that cams have been upgraded and things here are a little bit older, what are the best cams currently for camming? I have been away from it for a few years due to life and want to get back into camming with a new HD cam.
Most models I know use a Logitech c920. Some people like the c930e, but I've heard it's a little finicky as far as adjusting settings.

I had someone recommend to me the Logitech Conference Cam BCC950. I am not sure on it as it is more for conference calls via Skype than web cam. Any input on this?
BCC950 have very specific light needs. It will be work great ,if all the lamp's and lighters behind the camera. Also this camera hate a lot of white background,very short zoom,and on the biggest zoom it give a "milky" image.I really suggest CC3000 ( but for me, this camera give on zoom too much intencive colors) or 930.

BCC950 have very specific light needs. It will be work great ,if all the lamp's and lighters behind the camera. Also this camera hate a lot of white background,very short zoom,and on the biggest zoom it give a "milky" image.I really suggest CC3000 ( but for me, this camera give on zoom too much intencive colors) or 930.
Thanks. I was leaning towards the 920c anyway but i wanted other cam girls input on the concept of using a conference cam.

Hey, ressurecting this a bit.

I recently got an external microphone (blue yeti) so I dont need mic, so I am looking for a better camera. I use c930e and used to use c920, are these still the best cameras a cam model can use for streaming? I mean, its been 3 years i am on this job, and nothing else popped up with new technology?

Just wondering, since my c930e is almost down (after 1.5 years of use) and i am looking for a new camera.

Are any microsoft livecams models good? And the conference webcams from logitech look way too expensive for what they provide for a model, since its not for business calls (zooming, turning etc).

If you move around a lot, and find yourself moving your camera, those tilt/pan/zoom functions can be really handy. On the first site I perved at, the models worked at Eastern European studios and most used them, and they were a lot more expensive than they are now. The Logitech BCC950 is noisy when moving, but that won't be as much of a problem with your external microphone.

The video feed is pretty good for the price.

If you move around a lot, and find yourself moving your camera, those tilt/pan/zoom functions can be really handy
I, too have seen a lot of especially studio models use them to great effect. That said, if you like to hand-hold the camera for closeups, different angles, etc, you won't get the benefits and will have the cost of a much bulkier/heavier camera to hold. It's all about your style.

Reactions: GweenBlack
Ok, true question time: if moving cameras are a studio thing, if me, an indie cam model uses it, do I get the risk of being rejected for people thinking i am a studio model?

If you are against studios and a model is using a moving camera, would you leave?

-i may go with c920 since its 1/3 of the c930e price in a local store

Unless you're constantly panning the camera, new folks will likely have time to get to know you before they get to know the power of your camera :). I certainly wouldn't run away from a moving camera, but I don't deeply hate all studios either. It's also not strictly a studio-only thing; I know AdySweet uses one, and feel like I've seen a few others.

Hey, ressurecting this a bit.

I recently got an external microphone (blue yeti) so I dont need mic, so I am looking for a better camera. I use c930e and used to use c920, are these still the best cameras a cam model can use for streaming? I mean, its been 3 years i am on this job, and nothing else popped up with new technology?

Are any microsoft livecams models good? And the conference webcams from logitech look way too expensive for what they provide for a model, since its not for business calls (zooming, turning etc).

This is not out yet, it's expected 2nd quarter 2016. But Razer is coming out with a tech heavy webcam called Stargazer.

Razer Stargazer

Captures at 60fps in 720, or 30fps at 1080.
Automatic noise cancelling.
Dynamic background removal. (so you don't need green screens any more, it can remove any background on its own)
3D scanning so it can port scanned objects into Unity or directly to 3D printing. Or even your face to put yourself in a game.
Facial/gesture recognition.
Dual array mic.
Unlock your computer using Windows Hello, launch applications with a wave of the hand, or even play gesture-enabled games.

It may be worth waiting for.

Reactions: GweenBlack
Ok, true question time: if moving cameras are a studio thing, if me, an indie cam model uses it, do I get the risk of being rejected for people thinking i am a studio model?

If you are against studios and a model is using a moving camera, would you leave?

-i may go with c920 since its 1/3 of the c930e price in a local store

I'm someone who doesnt like studio models. I can't really put into words why but theres just something about the whole studio set up that is so unappealing to me.

I would say though that the main give away of a studio is the actual room itself though rather than a panning and zooming camera. So unless you are constantly moving the camera around every 5 seconds most likely someone will need to have stayed a while to even see the moving camera and will have seen your room and can tell your not in a studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.