AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Got bit by the friendliest dog I've ever known.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2019
cbhours.com
Twitter Username
@cbhours_com
Learned a valuable lesson yesterday that accidents can happen with even the most loving dogs. The dog (a pitbull) had managed to destroy her ball and drop the remains in the pool. I saw her standing at the edge of the pool trying to paddle the water towards her to retrieve the ball. I decided to jump in the water and like a dumbass I scooped up the ball from below (rather than above where she could clearly see my hand). The dog immediately chomped down full force on the ball and even with the ball material to protect my hand it felt like someone slammed a car door on it full force. I immediately yelled fuuuuuuck at the top of my lungs and the dog let me go. I think the skin of the ball prevented most of the teeth from entering my hand but I did have a part of my middle fingers flesh hanging off to the side.

Holy shit, sorry that happened to you, but thank god the dog let go when you yelled out!

Hope your finger heals as well and fast as possible.

Sorry to hear that. Pretty much all the animals I've had over the last 15+ years have been rescues, and I never truly know all they've experienced, so am always as careful as I can be (especially when kids are around them).

Reactions: autumnstorm423
Sorry to hear that. Pretty much all the animals I've had over the last 15+ years have been rescues, and I never truly know all they've experienced, so am always as careful as I can be (especially when kids are around them).
both my dogs are puppy mill babies. I had no clue what to look for or how to spot one until our youngest got sick days after bringing him home. we knew puppy mills were bad news and that puppy mill babies often have health issues but we didn't know what to look for or that these puppies were often sold to pet stores and in turn sold to people looking for a pup. our youngest was throwing up and not eating. He was lethargic and then our oldest showed the same symptoms. We thought it was a viral thing but turns out they had been in the litter box and that made them both sick. they just needed some fluids and a bland diet but that was a costly trip to the emergency vet. My spidey senses tingled and I had the vet tech look up the breeder. I was disgusted by what I saw and my heart broke for our youngest. I was in tears and when I described the circumstances of how I got our oldest the vet said that's classic puppy mill stuff. We will never buy a dog again from here on out it's adoption from no kill shelters.

Reactions: rockin_rod
At least it did let go, so it kind of shows it was an accident and is a good dog.
I know my dog was the softest and she would take things from you very gently, but there were always certain things she would chomp on so fast you couldn't blink otherwise you'd miss it. Chicken or Cheese are the first big 2 that come to mind. Literally any other meat, she would take from my hand gently, but chicken, holy hell, but I always knew she wouldn't mean to bite my hand when she did it.
(it made it easier for hiding pills in when she needed medicine though)

Reactions: Maxi
Pits and any blocky headed wide mouthed dogs have the strongest bite force of any so even accidental bites like this can be really bad. (I’m not anti pit I have one of my own but every now an again when he yawns real wide and I see all of his shark tooth’s I’m like wow you could like eat my face if you wanted lol)

Hope you heal up quick. Dog bites can get nasty so make sure you see a doc for some antibiotics.

Reactions: autumnstorm423
Status
Not open for further replies.