AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Guy Asking: Streaming Sites Alternatives

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2015
Hi All,

I've recently stumbled across Streamate.com and a couple of other sites where I'm sure many of the ladies here are a part of. I think they're great services, but I was wondering if you ladies do any camming via Skype/etc? I'm usually traveling and am on my phone and it LAGS when I get on streamate, so I was just wondering.

I'm sure there are probably some real pieces of work who scam people on skype and what not, but is there a legit way of doing it? If so, where do I find these ladies?

Any help would be appreciated. I apologize if this is a ladies only site :shifty:

:hello2:

I'm an ex-camgirl that used to work on camsites and made the switch to exclusively Skype shows, and there are plenty of ladies like me out there, and of course plenty of ladies who use camsites AND also offer Skypes.

There are loads of ladies here on ACF that do Skype shows, but I also recommend checking out the subreddits /r/camshow and /r/sexsells on Reddit. They have loads of verified members that do shows on Skype or similar programs.

Also Cammodeldirectory and Skyprivate (among others) are a few sites that ladies can put advertisements for shows up and you do payment via the site, but the show takes place on Skype.

Hi! Im not sure if Im your type or not, but I do Skype shows starting at $4/minute - payable via giftrocket (if youre in the US) or clips4sale tribute. :) Feel free to message me if you want to chat some more!

Oh my hahaha, so many replies.

Thank you for all the info, really appreciated.

How do the payments usually work? I'm not a fan of giving out my credit card info to sites, but if it's like paypal (not specifically, I know a lot scams can happen this way...) I feel a bit more comfortable.

Being a curious finance guy, why do girls go through websites? Don't they take a fee of what you ask? I presume it's for the exposure and to cut down on the scammers?

Is there a thread on this forum that has girls who do Skype shows?

Thanks! :hello2:

Reactions: Autumn_LoL
You'll probably be hard-pressed to find a girl here who will accept Paypal as a payment option, considering Paypal greatly dislikes, bans, and can withhold money from camgirls/sex workers if they so choose - scammers can report girls really easily to Paypal for being a sex worker (they get a show, then report the girl to get their money back), leaving the girl with time and money lost!

US options include Amazon giftcards, Giftrocket, Google Wallet, or through one of the sites these other lovely girls have mentioned here. :)

Also welcome to the forum and the awesome world of camming! :h:

TheHornyGuy said:
Oh my hahaha, so many replies.

Thank you for all the info, really appreciated.

How do the payments usually work? I'm not a fan of giving out my credit card info to sites, but if it's like paypal (not specifically, I know a lot scams can happen this way...) I feel a bit more comfortable.

Being a curious finance guy, why do girls go through websites? Don't they take a fee of what you ask? I presume it's for the exposure and to cut down on the scammers?

Is there a thread on this forum that has girls who do Skype shows?

Thanks! :hello2:

Hi :hello2: I'm Mallory, I too offer skypes! (if you're interested, let me know!)

The reason I assume most of us use a site, is just as you guessed it, traffic/exposure and you loose a big risk of getting scammed. If someone is to have their own site, it's possible but you pay a lot to have an option like CC bill which is adult content friendly, where as Paypal is not! Anyways welcome! I hope you have fun on this site and in Camland!! :D

Reactions: TheHornyGuy
Another Skype-friendly girl checking in here! I also accept payment through CamModelDirectory and Giftrocket. Giftrocket is an online gift card that girls can deposit to their bank accounts, load onto a credit card, etc. Very handy if you are in the US.

Anyway, I use network sites because the traffic is so good. I work on Streamate because I am very fetish-oriented and I am almost guaranteed making SOMETHING on a given shift, whereas my specific style might not work so well on MFC. Indie camming requires a lot of self-promotion and can be sporadic until you build regulars. I love independent camming, but it is hard to beat the relative consistency of a network site.

TheHornyGuy said:

Camsites bring in massive traffic compared to a lady going at it alone.

They're much more safe for models and members then solo. Models can rarely get scammed with the currency system of a camsite, and members can give feedback about models and the models aren't completely anonymous. If a model on a camsite is scamming members, word will get around and her earnings will plummet.

Most camsites protect models from chargebacks and ban members that do chargebacks.

MyFreeCams does accept PayPal as a payment method. You could find a girl who accepts tokens for Skype shows, then buy tokens with PayPal. If you search for "Skype" on MFC you'll get results. Of course, while this protect the GIRL from getting scammed, there's nothing to protect you if she decides not to do the show. Usually people suggest you get to know her first, but I understand that may be difficult in your situation. Just use your best judgement, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

*Sarcasm* You guys are like real people with feelings and stuff *Sarcasm* Please don't ban me :p

Having ran a business using Paypal and experiences all the people trying to scam, I can understand the reluctance to use it.

@NataliaGrey That's why I was hoping to find some members on the board that do Skype sessions, so I know that they're reputable and won't try to scam.

I'm just looking to have some fun when I'm on the road. Not trying to take away from anyone's income or anything like that.

So there's no thread that is dedicated to ladies who do skype sessions on the board?

Thanks to everyone for all the help! Still just doing some research on what types of payments are accepted and what not.

Reactions: AmericanQT and Vera
TheHornyGuy said:
So there's no thread that is dedicated to ladies who do skype sessions on the board?

I tried searching and I couldn't find one. Someone should definitely consider starting one though. I'll let someone else since I'm not offering Skype shows myself (or you could start it TheHornyGuy).

Reactions: TheHornyGuy
KylieJacobs said:
TheHornyGuy said:

I tried searching and I couldn't find one. Someone should definitely consider starting one though. I'll let someone else since I'm not offering Skype shows myself (or you could start it TheHornyGuy).

I'm guessing a sticky thread (no pun intended) would require a mod?

Possibly being the reason of a sticky thread on my first day :dance:

Reactions: AmericanQT
I'd definitely second checking out CamModelDirectory, girls also sell shows on ExtraLunchMoney & ManyVids (like someone else said!).

You might also poke around MyFreeCams or even check out the girls posting here or on Twitter, and look at their MFC profiles (if they have one). If it doesn't explicitly say "NO SKYPE", never hurts to ask if they're willing to do one. A polite PM or MFC mail is totally acceptable (imo)! If you have something in mind, anyways, it might be easier to look for girls that match that and then see if they Skype, then look for girls who Skype then see if one fits what you're looking for. I guess it's just two ways to the same goal though!!

Hope you find what you're looking for! :hello2:

TheHornyGuy said:
KylieJacobs said:
TheHornyGuy said:

I'm guessing a sticky thread (no pun intended) would require a mod?

Possibly being the reason of a sticky thread on my first day :dance:

Anyone could start the thread, just the same as you did this one. ;) "Girls Offering Skype Shows" or something like that.

Amber only stickies certain important threads, and I believe she can sticky a thread no matter who started it.

Hi, there! :hello2: I'm a cam girl on MFC and tomorrow will be my first day on Streamate! For the past couple of months, I've primarily focused on filming new videos and offering Skype shows. I accept both Amazon gift cards and Google Wallet as a form of payment. If you would like to chat more about rates, ideas, or if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at littlemynxymfc@gmail.com :)

Status
Not open for further replies.